Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2017, 04:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Did the Miami PD ever look for Susanna/Rose? She did try to kill her partner. I don't remember that ever being mentioned doing this season.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Not a shipper but I wouldn't worry about Raf losing the hotel he seems to be in danger of losing each season so he should get it back quickly.
I'm not too terribly worried about him losing the hotel if he does. I suspect it'll be as serious as Rogelio's story of losing his money.

But if he does lose it, I'll wonder how the circumstances of his ownership changed so he could lose it. Kind of like I wonder about what Michael's past with his brother is. Or why Raf did have all those passports. Or whatever happened to Milos.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Passionate Fan

The finale is okay so far. Strictly okay. There is no suspense anywhere. They introduce a problem and solve it right away.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
The finale is okay so far. Strictly okay. There is no suspense anywhere. They introduce a problem and solve it right away.
I thought this too. And so many commercials!
Old 05-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

I eagerly await others thoughts. I am not sure how to feel.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I have mixed feelings about the finale.

I loved all the foreshadowing with J/R and the comparison with her parents. I have no doubt that they will get back together at some point, but the cliffhanger with Petra and Jane's first love was underwhelming.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Thoughts

Kind of dissapointed I would say because I expected a lot more. Maybe if I had not read all the spoilers I would've been more surprised. But I already knew all the twists so after every twist I was like okay...what's next?

Thoughts on Rogelio and Xiomara

YES!! They are finally married! Now we can move on to something else. I thought Jane's speech was beautiful

Thoughts on Michael

I love love love Brett. I adore Brett. I might love Brett more than I even like Justin and I love Justin so much. So it was really good to see him. But Michael popped up too many times for my liking. I get it. He wasn't shown since the death and fans have been waiting. Also this is basically where the man's story ends so I should suck it up.

Thoughts on Adam's entrance

I thought it was a really good entry. And the fairy tale moment was GORGEOUS! I am kind of jealous because I would've killed to have a moment like that. I have never wanted a single Jane/Michael moment. They all looked cheap and cartoonish. And two seconds with Adam and I am like wow, magic. I hope they are not too likable. I don't want anymore J/R competition

Thoughts on Jane and Rafael

Xiomara: Maybe he is your destiny. (speaking about Rafael. Who thought one day we would have a Xiomara quote as a potential thread title?)

I never thought I would associate this word with Jane and Rafael but after this episode I want to say Rafael is Jane's new safe place. She was running around, dealing with 200 things during this episode and it was only around Rafael you could see her let go. The way she went into his arms for those hugs, the sighing, placing her head against his chest. Rafael's height really works for these scenes.

I love that the bus scene was so much like their last bus ride yet so different. Rafael still know nothing about public bus and Jane points it out. I love the whole choice vs Destiny thing. I LOVED THEIR DANCE!!! This is what I was living for. And Una flor played. I missed that song so much.

I hate insecure Petra but I get her. Rafael does not look at anyone the way she looks at Jane. When Chuck said he was watching her the whole night watch Rafael, wondering if she would ever turn around and look at him. And she didn't. You knew that neither did Rafael. Rafael only looked at Jane. I really don't like it but deep down even Rafael knows that if Jane had feelings for him no one else would matter.

I am looking forward to season 4. Petra was left at gunpoint, psycho Luisa kicked Rafael out, Rose is in jail, Jane admits she has feelings for Rafael but her first love is back.

Oh and I am glad Jane will have more family, a little sister.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Rafael lost everything like predicted. Tyler is Jane's first love, Adam. The letter did close the door. Like always, death grows your hair in tv land. R/P didn't get engaged which some of us thought was going to happen, but they are not over like predicted. There will be a love square in S4. Of course Adam is another road block for J/R. Petra too since I doubt that is over yet. Rafael will probably live with Petra next season. I actually liked how simple Xo/Ro's wedding turned out to be. That's Adam's Michael connections. The letter and the apartment. I liked the Adam/Jane moment because was so JTV. It was a well done scene too. Of course Rafael would pick Jane if were between Jane and Petra. I'm ready for S4. I'm very curious about how all of this plays out.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 05-23-2017 at 10:45 AM
Old 05-22-2017, 07:29 PM
New Fan

I enjoyed the season finale but I was a little annoyed with some things.

I feel like Jane and Rafael are both finally starting to realize their feelings for each other. I especially liked the part where Jane was talking about people not being victims of destiny, but taking ownership of their lives and making their own choices. It felt grounded and real because newsflash life is not some fairy tale, and even though this is a telenovela it does a really good job of depicting how ish happens in life you can’t control but you have to roll with the punches and make the best out of it.

However I am really not feeling this Adam story line, I think its unnecessary. Also at this point I have no sympathy for Luisa. She is beyond delusional, like how can you be with someone who has intentionally caused so much damage in your family and expect your family to accept it? You’s a dumb bih for that!

On the bright side I’m hoping Rafael moves in with Jane because he has nowhere else to go. I can’t wait for season 4!
Old 05-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not here for the Adam storyline either but oh well. It may turn out to be kinda funny/fun like Fabian. The J/R moments were so... ... will Jane's feelings still be there with Adam around? I think so, but I don't want a square or a triangle. I'm over all the love shapes.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Passionate Fan

what does this mean?

Quote:
Adam’s arrival definitely changes the course of Jane’s life and trajectory. Our show likes to construct, deconstruct, and reconstruct the idea of “meant to be”. Whereas Jane started off believing whole-heartedly in the idea that you are “meant to” be with one person, as she matures, and the show matures, we look at that question, and ask if it’s really true. Or is life, and romantic love, more about timing? We are, of course, always teasing out the possibility of Jane and Rafael — but we aren’t looking at a traditional love triangle with those three. And I can’t say anymore!
Old 05-22-2017, 07:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Season 4 is going to be about “recapturing the joy.” The worst has happened. Jane lost Michael. And yet, she still has a lot of life to live. I want to see Jane fight for her joy, I want to see her go after her happiness, I want to see her open herself up to a new, evolved version of “happily ever after.”- Jennie Urman
Old 05-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

That first quote from Jennie sounds like a lot of vagueness. A non traditional love triangle? I have no idea. The bright side for me is, tonight just further solidifies J/R as endgame, even with Adam's introduction.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the finale a lot. It might have sparkled more had we not had the breakdown knowing a lot of these twists but those of us who chose to read---chose to read.

Oddly enough, I do think the show did a nice job of setting up Jane and Rafael but throwing in the twist that their meant-to-bes---for right now--were with other people. It's just good soap even if Petra/Raf are kind of whatevs. I did like Darcy's rule of "don't mention the ex unless you want her in his head." It was great.

I'm not sure how they're going to make Adam interesting but I did like the fantasy element that they injected. I love storms.

I thought the Michael/Jane scenes felt kind of....anemic.

There were some beautiful Raf/Jane shots. I do like his height and the way he looked down at her/she up at him was so beautiful.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved the finale - a hug you could feel through the screen and a dance! Plus, Raf obviously fishing around to see if Petra's intuition might be true and then Jane denying her feelings. It's just classic soap angst.

I think the writers have done a stellar job of showing that Raf has genuine love and affection for Petra, but is (mostly) choosing her because he thinks Jane really isn't an option anymore and this is his shot at the family he's always wanted. The lack of fight that he put up when Petra said they don't work and his immediate turn to Jane to see if Petra was right about her feelings show where his heart really lies, even if he's not recognizing it right now.

And since i love stories when the obviously meant-to-be couple has to overcome obstacles, I'm really excited about next season. Jane and Raf will be presumably moving on with Adam and Petra, but you just know we are going to get little moments that show their feelings for each other haven't got away.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread