Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
Same. Although it took Petra a lot longer and I don't think she is still over Rafael.
Yeah, Jane got over Rafael very fast. That's part of the reason why I want Jane to suffer a little. I don't want it to be easy for her.

Petra clearly still loves Rafael. The J/R/P triangle will probably be the focus of next season. I do worry a little bit about how they handle it this time around, now that Petra is not the villain.

Quote:
I'm thinking Jane doesn't say anything, b/c she doesn't want to ruin what she thinks is Rafael's chance at happiness. I think we're going to get a scene like Rafael's confession on Jane's wedding day. This show loves its parallels
I think this is exactly what happens. She doesn't tell Rafael how she feels because she doesn't want to stand in the way of R/P. And then she's devastated when they get engaged.

I'm not sure how Tyler fits in. In my perfect world, Jane would try to get back with him, only to realize that she hides in the past (including Michael) whenever things get real with Rafael.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the situation is complicated.

I'm not sure Petra is still in love with Rafael any more than Raf is in love with Jane. I think Raf has redeveloped feelings for Petra but I doubt they're any more serious than what he had with Abbey. I think with Petra a lot of it is that she still cares for him a whole bunch and maybe never truly got over losing him which is slightly different than never getting over him. I think she decided to explore this because she was afraid of losing him forever (the cancer) and she needs to answer the question for herself.

But, she believes that given the choice, he'd choose Jane. Part of her issue is that he says he won't but he also doesn't believe her that he'd ever get the chance.

I too am afraid for Petra the victim. For instance, in that clip, she frames what happened in the past as Raf choosing Jane which is not quite the case. Raf chose Jane but he had already decided to unchoose Petra before he was even aware of Jane's pregnancy. So it's not like he had to decide between two women. It was pretty much all or nothing with him.

I do think the feelings get a little complicated. Raf would look like a total flake if he proclaims his love for Petra and then feels love for Jane the minute he learns she's interested in him again. That's why I am nervous about how this all goes down.

But I also think Petra having this insecurity and expressing it to him kind of limits the potential of the story next season. I would have thought the next breakup wouldn't come so soon.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
But I also think Petra having this insecurity and expressing it to him kind of limits the potential of the story next season. I would have thought the next breakup wouldn't come so soon.
Very good point. Now that Petra has expressed her deepest fear to us, it would be douchy if J/R got together behind her back.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I don't want Rafael to be the bad guy. It's like last year when Jane was set to marry Michael. I didn't like it but doing otherwise would make Jane look crazy. I hope the writers show the same consideration for Rafael. For that reason I hope he is committed to Petra.

Spoiler:
Old 05-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Apparently there was some festival tonight where the whole cast, minus Justin (because of his wife's pregnancy--isn't she like months away from giving birth?) but plus Brett, were there.

Here's a recap:
Jane the Virgin cast on the show's greatest love story

But be forewarned, they talk a lot about killing Michael in that and how....well you've heard the ish before.

But what made me roll my eyes is that she talked about how she changed Jane and Michael's first kiss in that he was supposed to kiss her but since there was a lot of talk about men taking what they want (political climate) and yet she went ahead with the cop pulling over her while she's on a date. Oy.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)

But what made me roll my eyes is that she talked about how she changed Jane and Michael's first kiss in that he was supposed to kiss her but since there was a lot of talk about men taking what they want (political climate) and yet she went ahead with the cop pulling over her while she's on a date. Oy.
Yeah, I can't with Jennie sometimes. I'm still amazed that they got away with that story beat.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:40 PM
Addicted Fan

In S4 I want them both to realize the second time is not the charm. Like they give it a real shot and are serious but come to the conclusion that it's just not meant to be. But I don't think it's going to be completely mess free. Petra will know Jane has feelings for Rafael even if she says no. J/R will have scenes together. Jane is the star and any big love triangle on the show will involve her. That doesn't mean they're going to be sleeping together but she will play a part. Petra will never truly believe Jane is not a threat in some way. Not while she's in a romantic relationship with Rafael. Now, there's three more things I want Rafael to break up with in S4. Long hair, beard, loose clothes.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 05-21-2017 at 06:35 AM
Old 05-21-2017, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just find it annoying that after all the crap Petra's pulled we're supposed to feel sorry for her in this situation. I'm worried how it's going to play out. Maybe I should just prepare to be

Even at his alleged worst, Rafael does more for me looks wise than the other men on the show. Actually, he does more for me than most men, period.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

There are times i feel for Petra and others where i can't stand her. She's done so much and i don't think i can look past it all. I am very curious to see how it plays out.

Rafael has always been very easy on the eyes. I realise he looks much more mature at the moment, especially when they flash back to him in S1 - shorter hair and clean shaven. Either look is fine with me
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 05-21-2017, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd feel more for Petra if the writers didn't push for her as hard as they do.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I'd feel more for Petra if the writers didn't push for her as hard as they do.
Or if they'd ever really admit that she's done some truly awful stuff without a wink.
Quote:
Now, there's three more things I want Rafael to break up with in S4. Long hair, beard, loose clothes.
Amen! I too really hope Rafael goes back to looking like his old self. Maybe he won't look or feel so zen when
Spoiler:
Old 05-21-2017, 09:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedandblessed (View Post)
Or if they'd ever really admit that she's done some truly awful stuff without a wink.

Amen! I too really hope Rafael goes back to looking like his old self. Maybe he won't look or feel so zen when
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I personally like a the shorter beard and the longer hair. I actually think that the more relaxed look makes him sexier. He's less about how he looks and more about how he feels and what he does. Partly why I don't find Fabian AT ALL sexy - more sleezy! And he's certainly not better looking than Rafael!

I haven't posted on here in a while as I hadn't managed to catch up on the episodes until yesterday.

I will be honest I skipped through episode 18 quickly. I really only wanted to see the moment when they explained to Mateo about his conception. Didn't really dig the Jane sex scene. It wasn't hot to me at all. Maybe its because I'm not into Fabian and again it was too comical. I know it was meant to be a fling and nothing more and just intended to put distance between Michael and whoever Jane falls in love with next. (Rafael) I like the idea of that in theory and I'm all for her having fun but truthfully, I've found that I do have a bit of a problem trying to rationalize Jane's views on sex outside of marriage. Clearly, that's just done now. I have to keep telling myself its about Jane growing into a new, more open minded person than she was before Michael's death because otherwise it just seems as though they find a way to both weaken and cheapen her views on sex at every oppotunity. Jane's hottest scene to date is still the pool scene with Rafael in season 1. I actually think the hottest sex scene so far has been Rafael and Petra and that's slightly worrying to me.

I enjoyed episode 19 much more. I think it's clear that Jane is falling for Rafael again and that's really all I wanted from the end of this season.

I actually don't think Petra and Rafael will get engaged - it would be stupidly quick and I there's already been two engagements this season.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedandblessed (View Post)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 05-21-2017, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I've found that I do have a bit of a problem trying to rationalize Jane
's views on sex outside of marriage. Clearly, that's just done now.
They talked about that in Chap. 18. Her focus never seemed to be about sex outside of marriage but rather it was all focused on losing her virginity before marrying. They would seem to go hand-in-hand but not necessarily. And that was when she was 23, before she was a widow. She admitted that her view on sex was something that changed after all that happened and that it may not have been the healthiest POV.

But when I think back to how I saw sex/marriage when I was 23 and how I saw it later in my 20s, there was a difference.

I do like his relaxed look too.

I'm confused about the hotel. It was presented as Raf's hotel in the beginning so I'm confused as how it became his father's totally. Did Milos buy from Luisa? If he bought from Raf, does the sale count?
Old 05-21-2017, 01:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Raf used his trust fund to buy a share into the hotel. I believe his father's estate still owns the majority of it. I brought this up in another thread.
Spoiler:
Closed Thread   Post New Thread