Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't watch a lot of TV these days, so I honestly can't say.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some of those raised my eyebrows that they weren't ranked higher but part of the issue is that it's only looking at the series which aired on the CW and not when the shows aired on either UPN or the WB before the CW merger.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:12 AM
Addicted Fan

If JTV wasn't on the CW, I believe it would have received some Emmy nods and maybe some wins. Critics really, really loved this show when it first premiered. The GG isn't seen as one the best awards but it is still major award show and it gave a CW series two nods and one BAIACW. It's viewed as one of those "Best series you're not watching." "Arrow" received critical acclaim in its first season but superhero shows get ignored by award shows. The Flash was praised for being true to comic books but it faced the same issue as Arrow. I don't watch iZomie but critics like it too. Riverdale too. But JTV has the most critical love the CW has ever seen. They will still brag about the the show when it's long gone. It was never a hit in the ratings department but so are many other critically acclaimed series. That's why I think TV Guide gave it the number one spot. Some years from now a lot of critics will name it as one of their favorite tv shows of all time. It doesn't matter how good or bad a series finale is.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 03-13-2017 at 02:05 AM
Old 03-14-2017, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It might have in the first season.

I made a new gif set.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Passionate Fan

I saw that on tumblr!
Old 03-14-2017, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's a cute pic of Justin, Gina and Gina's boyfriend from a few days ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRiy55wFjHw/
Old 03-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Passionate Fan

love that
Old 03-14-2017, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Hi guys! I'm back on FF after the longest break ever (2014 was the last time I was around regularly!) and I absolutely love this show and this couple. I'd love to be added.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity or fate (View Post)
Hi guys! I'm back on FF after the longest break ever (2014 was the last time I was around regularly!) and I absolutely love this show and this couple. I'd love to be added.
Welcome! I added you to the list.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Welcome back serendipity or fate! Cool name.

Based on Gina's snap, it looks like Jane ...
Spoiler:
Old 03-16-2017, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity or fate (View Post)
hey chelsea
Old 03-16-2017, 08:59 PM
Addicted Fan

It's going on 3 weeks but it feels way longer than that. Years ago I use to be against broadcast doing 13 episodes a season but after years of filler and long breaks to make sure the season lasts from the Fall to the Summer I wish regular television starts doing 13 episode seasons only in the future. Cable, Netflix, Amazon are doing better than non cable/streaming television. No series needs more than 13 episodes a season. Cable told us first. I know it's a different animal but there has to be some way networks can do it years from now.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
It's going on 3 weeks but it feels way longer than that. Years ago I use to be against broadcast doing 13 episodes a season but after years of filler and long breaks to make sure the season lasts from the Fall to the Summer I wish regular television starts doing 13 episode seasons only in the future. Cable, Netflix, Amazon are doing better than non cable/streaming television. No series needs more than 13 episodes a season. Cable told us first. I know it's a different animal but there has to be some way networks can do it years from now.
I couldn't agree more! Especially about this show which is devoid of interesting plots. If it gets more seasons I hope they are shorter than the current 22 episodes. That might make it bareable.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
or they should atleast do them like part 1 and part 2. So each part is its own story. I'd rather have a two month break between parts if i feel like they are mini seasons.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedandblessed (View Post)
I couldn't agree more! Especially about this show which is devoid of interesting plots. If it gets more seasons I hope they are shorter than the current 22 episodes. That might make it bareable.
I think the 4th season is going to be 22 episodes. If JTV get a 5th season, I really hope it's only 13 episodes.

I rarely watch TV in real time anymore, JTV is the only show tbh. So I don't mind shows being 22 eps. I've also watched a lot of soaps, which is like 250 eps a year. But you're right Muffy_Simba, it's a different era, and the network business models are becoming outdated.

A cute pic of Gina and Joseph. I think it's from Ro/Darcy's "wedding":