Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2019, 06:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

@shelloh @Muffy I meant to ask....what is the Benjamin Button effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpetals (View Post)
I guess we're to assume the divorce papers have been filed. I wonder if at some point we'll hear in passing that it's been finalized...?

Spoiler:
Its weird because I thought the sides for 5x07 mentioned Bo the dog eating the divorce papers. I guess they cut that scene from the episode? In any case, I wonder if it'll be a passing mention in a future episode or they'll dwell on Jane's feelings about it. I'm hoping the former lol
Old 05-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame (View Post)
@shelloh @Muffy I meant to ask....what is the Benjamin Button effect? Its weird because I thought the sides for 5x07 mentioned Bo the dog eating the divorce papers. I guess they cut that scene from the episode? In any case, I wonder if it'll be a passing mention in a future episode or they'll dwell on Jane's feelings about it. I'm hoping the former lol
OMG NO! She's dwelled enough about Michael for many lifetimes.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:

Whatever is going on, I'm intrigued!
But if an incomplete version is leaked online. Wouldn't that be the version people read first?
Spoiler:

@endgame. Rogelio's face is turned into a baby's face. In BB, Brad Pitt ages backwards. Jane accepted her faith. No need to dwell on something she accepted. Jane is 1000% sure Rafael is who she wants to be with. Why would she dwell on signing divorce papers? Hell, she may mail Rafael some copies.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 05-17-2019 at 07:23 PM
Old 05-17-2019, 08:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
But if an incomplete version is leaked online. Wouldn't that be the version people read first?
Spoiler:
Is her story supposed to be leaked online? That's not what I was saying - I just meant that maybe she sent a draft of her story to the show instead of the proposal she's working on, and that somehow ties into whatever the "secret" is about her book being published (as mentioned in the 5x09 press release). But now that I think about it, that's probably not it. Maybe the "secret" is that Rogelio is somehow behind getting her next book published...or somehow the rights of her story get bought by the studio making Rogelio's show...?

There's really nothing to say that whatever goes down in 5x09 is connected to what Rafael does for the release of her book in the series finale.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm in the middle of Chapter 87. I'm behind but I love this season. I'm so glad they're exploring depression with Rafael. And the transitions are still so good and cutting. Like in the scene where Xio is talking about her reduced sex drive and finds out it's menopause. The next scene Michael is remembering his "muffin was dry". I'm even liking the stuff I complained about in previous seasons. I'm even enjoying J/M. But that might be because I know Jafael is endgame.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Is her story supposed to be leaked online? That's not what I was saying - I just meant that maybe she sent a draft of her story to the show instead of the proposal she's working on, and that somehow ties into whatever the "secret" is about her book being published (as mentioned in the 5x09 press release). But now that I think about it, that's probably not it. Maybe the "secret" is that Rogelio is somehow behind getting her next book published...or somehow the rights of her story get bought by the studio making Rogelio's show...?

There's really nothing to say that whatever goes down in 5x09 is connected to what Rafael does for the release of her book in the series finale.
I didn't say for sure it's connected because that would be a lie on my part. It's all just speculation including a possible leak. Anyway, I now remember some stuff from 5x11.
Spoiler:

Pia, I didn't notice that connection. @ds44, please make an angst one.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 05-17-2019 at 09:26 PM
Old 05-17-2019, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

So, I was so sure I wanted to make an angsty Jafael vid then my brain just ended up making cheesy happy one.

eta:

Last edited by ds44; 05-17-2019 at 09:29 PM
Old 05-17-2019, 10:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Love cheesy happy! Thanks for sharing your video.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Love cheesy happy! Thanks for sharing your video.
No problem. I just am not in the mood to vid angst cause if all the fandom drama. I want cheesy and fluffy and introspective.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
No problem. I just am not in the mood to vid angst cause if all the fandom drama. I want cheesy and fluffy and introspective.
I like fluff too but one angst one down the line would be fine. If you're ever in the mood to make one.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:51 PM
New Fan

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but someone here mentioned how Jane gets her writing groove back and how that has been thanks to Rafael. I was skimming through S3 and well in S3:E13 at 32:05, Jane writes about "Rake" and she writes, "Be Brave" (the scene cuts to Rafael telling her that for the first time at the yacht club), and then to their second kiss and she writes "Josephine knew in her heart that this was the last thing she should be doing...". And then LLN says, "And friends, that's how Jane got her voice back"
Old 05-17-2019, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
I like fluff too but one angst one down the line would be fine. If you're ever in the mood to make one.
I have a song ready but ineee to finish collecting all the clips.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa987 (View Post)
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but someone here mentioned how Jane gets her writing groove back and how that has been thanks to Rafael. I was skimming through S3 and well in S3:E13 at 32:05, Jane writes about "Rake" and she writes, "Be Brave" (the scene cuts to Rafael telling her that for the first time at the yacht club), and then to their second kiss and she writes "Josephine knew in her heart that this was the last thing she should be doing...". And then LLN says, "And friends, that's how Jane got her voice back"
Yes!!! Rafael is her muse.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame (View Post)

Its weird because I thought the sides for 5x07 mentioned Bo the dog eating the divorce papers. I guess they cut that scene from the episode? In any case, I wonder if it'll be a passing mention in a future episode or they'll dwell on Jane's feelings about it. I'm hoping the former lol
That happened in 5x02 it's one of the last scenes of the episode. It was not cut.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the video!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedandblessed (View Post)
OMG NO! She's dwelled enough about Michael for many lifetimes.
Haha so true and I didnt mean to suggest that she would dwell on her feelings about Michael. But moreso her feelings about being divorced. But Muffy and you are right. They’ve already beaten that dead horse enough. lmao@ her sending copies of it to Rafael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selena_gomez (View Post)
That happened in 5x02 it's one of the last scenes of the episode. It was not cut.
It was a lie in that episode since Bo didnt actually do it but I was pretty sure it was written as actually happening in 5x07. Glad it wasnt in the episode either way.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread