Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had a longer post, but it got eaten. But I'm with ds44, this is standard soap stuff. I just hope they don't do too much damage in the meantime.

The cliffhanger? Jane gets amnesia? She doesn't remember Michael, Rafael, or having Mateo. But they already did that with Alba.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:05 PM
Passionate Fan

7 episodes can change everything!!

Spoiler:

Last edited by perfangel5655; 02-19-2016 at 11:38 PM
Old 02-19-2016, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We better start thinking of new titles soon. Before you know it, we'll need a new thread.

Spoiler:

That interview with Jennie is interesting. She says they don't want to stall forever yet stall is what they did. Forever? No but it certainly felt like spinning their wheels. And this:

Will we get to see Rogelio bond with Rafael at all? She says yes but yeah, that didn't happen.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I was going to mention it earlier, Jennie says so much b/s in her interviews. After the M/R fight she said Jane made a decision and just because that didn't work out it didn't mean she would go with the other one. But that is exactly what Jane did. Sure a 6 months gap but seriously that's nothing. She has done it before with other story lines as well.
She also said whenever things tilt too much toward one guy she roots for the other one and builds him back up. So let's see what she does with Rafael.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I tend to ignore what a showrunner says because 8/10 they lie.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:14 AM
Passionate Fan

They do lie.

I was reading up on Juana la virgen. I am so glad this show moves 20x faster than the original. I wonder if the writers are still inspired by that show from time to time. Did any of you guys ever watch it?
Old 02-20-2016, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't. I doubt they follow it very closely. But I'm basing my guess on how very little Ugly Betty followed Yo Soy Betty La Fea.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I find Jennie to be as refreshingly honest as a showrunner can be. I looked over her previous interviews through the lens of what has already happened and I see no real lies. Understandably, she does try to be vague in areas so as not to give away too much.

She’s told us that Petra and Rafael’s relationship would ‘develop’ and that Jane and Chavez’s relationship would ‘develop’ as well. I guess ‘develop’ means romance that goes nowhere . The thing about Rogelio and Rafael, I would call it truthy – Rogelio feels an affinity for Rafael because they were both pushed out of their children’s lives. I don't think Jane flipped to Rafael because Michael wasn’t available. Jane started to get there with Rafael after 6 months but it never really stuck. She went back to wanting Michael and that’s where she is now. So I think Jennie was telling the truth.

Look at this interview form before the season started. It’s accurate so far – it even mentions Raf’s half-brother:
Jane the Virgin season 2: Gina Rodriguez's Jane will get married, says showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman | EW.com

Upcoming in the second half of the season:
Spoiler:
Clues about Jane's husband from Jennie:
Spoiler:
Jennie's comments about Juana telenovela below. See the part about ending with Rafael. Not sure what to make of it.
‘Jane The Virgin’s Jennie Snyder Urman Interview: The Origin & How It Will End | Deadline

Last edited by cursedandblessed; 02-20-2016 at 12:33 PM Reason: I need to get my head examined for the amount of time I spend thinking about this show.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:56 PM
Passionate Fan

We need new thread title ideas guys!
Old 02-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
We need new thread title ideas guys!
I never stopped loving you Jane. This is what I want - our family.
Marry him! And have sex with him. Forever and ever.
Go on a date with me. Say yes.
I would still rather be with you at your worst.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the person from Petra's past is Milos and that already happened.

Spoiler:
Old 02-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't imagine the show doing a cliffhanger without Jane. The show is about her. In season they found a way to tie her to Sin Rostro drama.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
I can't imagine the show doing a cliffhanger without Jane. The show is about her. In season they found a way to tie her to Sin Rostro drama.
Well at the end of the season opener 2x1 , Mutter looks at newspaper picture of J, R, M, and baby Mateo and tells the henchman "let's go after her. Now" So I'm thinking that will tie to the cliffhanger. Any guesses as to what Mutter wants with Jane?
Old 02-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Spoiler:
Old 02-20-2016, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

it was good to re-read that interview with Jennie.

Just from how everything has been happening - i came into the season expecting a Jane/Michael eventual reunion and wedding.

Spoiler:
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Closed Thread   Post New Thread