Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2016, 08:00 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedandblessed (View Post)
I almost lost it when, during the Christmas episode, she was trying to dig up dirt on him through Wesley Masters, and wrote an awful short story about following him to a bad part of town. What has he done to deserve her suspicion so much? Her lack of trust in him is the one thing that gives me pause about them being the endgame.
That was a truly ugly moment for Jane. She never would have done Michael the same way which really irritates me. To be honest, in that moment i started thinking Rafael deserves better and wishing that they gave him a new love interest (not Petra). Someone Rafael was totally into and that someone totally into him. Someone that Jane could identify with/ relate to and see herself in. They have driven them so far apart that i think that would be a way to get Jane to see Rafael with fresh eyes. And with the way things are now, i think something major must happen to make Jane turn back to Rafael.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflymcqueen (View Post)
i think something major must happen to make Jane turn back to Rafael.
I think so too. They need something big to bring them together.

Last edited by perfangel5655; 02-17-2016 at 08:10 PM
Old 02-17-2016, 10:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
I think so too. They need something big to bring them together.
Don't read if you don't want to know a potentially BIG spoiler.
Spoiler:

Perfectly said:
Quote:
Two different people, two different worlds, look how their worlds collide. And even now this is the story.
Quote:
To me it always looked like she hesitates because she is afraid. She is afraid things will go wrong between them. She got hurt once by taking a leap of faith and now her child is involved as well.
Could it be that Mateo is actually keeping them apart rather than bringing them together as expected? She feels like she can't take a risk on Rafael again because now the stakes are too high. She can't risk damaging her relationship with Mateo's dad if he hurts her again. Wow!
Old 02-17-2016, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
From the comments I have seen it seems like J/M fans themselves don't know how J/M story will continue or how they would like it to continue.
That's certainly the question, isn't it? Based on the end of last season, I knew they were going to swing back towards Michael and Jane. I think what surprised me was how long they are taking to get to it. And not in a 'tons of scenes together where there is longing" way. It's a "they're going to spend the first half of the season separated" kind of way.
Spoiler:

I can't say what we've seen has been all that interesting or well thought out, IMO. Certainly not enough to indicate that the show has story for these two. But they could end up as endgame...if the show is cancelled this season.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
In tv shows there is no right or wrong. The writers can do anything and often they do really outrageous things. After years of being betrayed I have zero faith in tv writers.

Michael is definitely on the outside and not in a good way. It is as if the writers know they have been sloppy (or really smart if he turns out to be a bad guy) with Michael's storyline so they try to compensate through the J/M flashbacks. Okay even then they are not doing much there.

The thing is I think most J/R fans get what J/M is about. We understand what is good about them. He knows her, they have history, he is supposedly the nice guy among the two, he supported her when she got pregnant by a random guy's child, he loved her even though she left him for another man.
We understand why they think J/R is bad. They are different, according to some fans Rafael tried to manipulate Jane, she supposedly never had real feelings for him, he only loved her uterus etc. This is all understandable but I feel that J/M fans don't understand the good parts of J/R relationship even a bit. That is why they underestimate J/R's relationship. Since Mateo's birth Jane has not been pining over Rafael but why should she? He is right there infront of her asking her to be with him. He is a constant part of her life. She doesn't even get a chance to miss him or wonder what life would be like without him. He is not just her ex-boyfriend, he is her friend as well. When they are together they don't have time to be lovey dovey romantic. They have their own complicated lives, they have a baby. Mateo comes before everything else for them. Think about how tough it was for them to set up just a SINGLE date.
Maybe Jane is not in love with Rafael at the moment, but she loves him. She cares for him as much as she cares for Michael if not more. Most of the time it seems like she is more worried about hurting Rafael's feelings than being with Michael. In season two, Jane and Rafael did not have the time to reconnect romantically, something always came up. When Jane looks at Rafael he is not the fantasy anymore. He is the father of her child who she always needs to have a good relationship with for the sake of her child. She already took the biggest risk of her life by jumping into a romantic relationship with him once, it is going to take a whole lot more to make her do it again. It is not a matter of well if she really wanted to be with him it would've happened already because if that is the case then I can say if she really wanted to be with Michael she would've been with him already. Whenever Rafael and Jane have a moment it is not that Jane doesn't feel him in those moments. To me it always looked like she hesitates because she is afraid. She is afraid things will go wrong between them. She got hurt once by taking a leap of faith and now her child is involved as well. Even when she was in love with him she was so against giving Rafael another chance. I think on two occasions when Rafael made a move she mentioned she still had feelings for Michael. But what does that really mean on this show when you are having a moment? Xiomara kissed Marco even though she was in love with Rogelio. When Jane kissed Rafael in episode 6 did all her feelings for Michael completely vanish? Or when she is making out with Jonathan at the moment are all her feelings for Michael dead? In this show you kiss because you felt something at that moment. Every time she came close to kissing Rafael she felt something. Every time she pulled back. I don't think what she does with Rafael has anything to do with Michael. I think she is just afraid of being with Rafael. That is what this whole romantic saga is about. It is about her fear of being with Rafael. It was a huge theme in season 1. Although they do not explicitly talk about it in season 2 I think it is very much the main issue between J/R. I don't know what J/M's theme is. I would like to know.

I don't know when JTV will end. But if season 2 is not the last season I don't know how J/M will ever be endgame. From the comments I have seen it seems like J/M fans themselves don't know how J/M story will continue or how they would like it to continue. The stories and conflicts they seem to want are the exact plot J/R already have. They want to see Michael and Jane raise Mateo. They want the good parts and the difficult parts. But that is a J/R storyline. They understand Rafael's constant presence in their lives would be the biggest source of much needed conflict in a J/M storyline. Some also want a path to Rafael/Michael friendship. Basically all stories somehow lead back to Rafael or Mateo because you take Rafael out of their lives and they would be a pointless boring (maybe married) couple that might be functional but they should not be on a tv show. And the show can't be without romantic drama. This is not a sitcom. It would not work. J/R as a couple have a story. Their story is not just about finding themselves but also about finding each other. That has been there since day 1!! Here is Jane, here is the guy half a world away. Two different people, two different worlds, look how their worlds collide. And even now this is the story.
Such a well-thought out post. I have a tendency to ship showtps and its only s2. This distance that exists between them right now is okay. It's standard. It may be boring, but that's all it is. Also, in order for a true love story to work, you need to know about both sides. Both people in the pairing need to be fleshed out. This is not the case with JM. Why should we want them together other than the cute flashbacks and history? What do we really know about Michael. He's presented as this perfect white knight, but that's just straight up boring. We're actually seeing growth with jane and rafael in terms of how well they are getting to know each other. It's not stagnating. Right now Jane is not ready to be with Rafael, but that doesn't mean it will stay that way. I think she's fully aware of the big risk it is to be with her baby daddy. If they do this again, its gotta stick this time. She's just not ready to risk her heart like that again. In the meantime, let her be with Michael and realize which one of these men were the real fantasty.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedandblessed (View Post)

Could it be that Mateo is actually keeping them apart rather than bringing them together as expected? She feels like she can't take a risk on Rafael again because now the stakes are too high. She can't risk damaging her relationship with Mateo's dad if he hurts her again. Wow!
I always saw it this way. During the club episode Jane mentioned the baby as one of the reasons to NOT be with Rafael. Even during her conversation with Xiomara she said this was her last chance to follow her heart because soon she will be a mom and moms put their children first. Being with Rafael was the last risk she was willing to take not because he was the father but because her heart wanted to be with him. The baby is what gave them a deadline. It had to work before that day because Jane was not going to involve her child in any of this.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I need things to start getting better! do you think JM are going to get together soon?
Old 02-18-2016, 11:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think she's fully aware of the big risk it is to be with her baby daddy. If they do this again, its gotta stick this time. She's just not ready to risk her heart like that again. In the meantime, let her be with Michael and realize which one of these men were the real fantasty.
I just hope she realizes it's Rafael before she gets married at the end of this season. Selfishly, that’s because I want Rafael to be the one she loses her virginity to! Someone on this thread pointed out that they are the only two, besides Alba, that haven’t had sex with anyone else yet. I hope that’s a sign I also am possessive of Mateo on Rafael’s behalf. I don’t want Michael or anyone else to be his live-in dad.

Quote:
Certainly not enough to indicate that the show has story for these two. But they could end up as endgame...if the show is cancelled this season. 
It would be so awful if the show got suddenly cancelled with Jane marrying Michael at the end of this season. Boohoo!

Quote:
I need things to start getting better! do you think JM are going to get together soon?
For J/R I think things are going to get worse before they get better. She is going to have to get back together with Michael in order to move forward. I think Rafael will want her to keep Mateo away from Michael. So I’m not looking forward to that. I hope she eventually figures out that she’s changed and maybe Michael isn’t the guy for her anymore. He was right for her before the baby, but is he right for her anymore? We’ll see.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
Unless there is some twist at the end of this season, no, I don't think it'll happen soon (a.k.a this season.)

I don't know if you read the spoiler thread but some news concerning potential rafael stories---

Spoiler:
Old 02-18-2016, 07:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Spoiler:
Old 02-18-2016, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

2x14 description

Spoiler:
Old 02-18-2016, 08:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
Unless there is some twist at the end of this season, no, I don't think it'll happen soon (a.k.a this season.)

I don't know if you read the spoiler thread but some news concerning potential rafael stories---
Nooooooooooooooooo! I couldn't handle that with a marriage at the end of the season. I know J/R are the endgame but I can't wait til next season to see them together again.

Okay, I've collected myself now. While waiting for them reunite, please enjoy the hotness and humor of Justin:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/iramadison/1...97#.ln3XWJognw

#10 is my favorite but #13 makes my temperature rise
Spoiler:
Old 02-18-2016, 08:20 PM
Passionate Fan

can we pretty please keep Mat Vairo around?!

Spoiler:
Old 02-18-2016, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Okay, I've collected myself now. While waiting for them reunite, please enjoy the hotness and humor of Justin:
I love how there are pretty much no deal breakers for him.

Spoiler:
Old 02-18-2016, 11:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
I love how there are pretty much no deal breakers for him.
Except ponzi schemes that bankrupt an entire town. He's gotta draw the line somewhere.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread   Post New Thread