Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2016, 05:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

And I can tell the majority of fans don't find this season exciting. I mean even the J/M fans, they enjoy their couple scenes but apart from that its zzzz. I can tell by the amount of gifsets on the jtvedit tag on tumblr. I remember in s1 after an episode you would find tons of gifsets (about xo, j/r, rogelio, luisa, rose and other characters) and in less than a day the posts will have many notes but these days, the tag is almost dead and the posts barely gets 500 notes. Its been over 20hrs since the episode aired and the amount of gifsets from the latest episode are barely 10. The show sucks, there is no other nice way to say this.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelloh (View Post)
And I can tell the majority of fans don't find this season exciting. I mean even the J/M fans, they enjoy their couple scenes but apart from that its zzzz. I can tell by the amount of gifsets on the jtvedit tag on tumblr. I remember in s1 after an episode you would find tons of gifsets (about xo, j/r, rogelio, luisa, rose and other characters) and in less than a day the posts will have many notes but these days, the tag is almost dead and the posts barely gets 500 notes. Its been over 20hrs since the episode aired and the amount of gifsets from the latest episode are barely 10. The show sucks, there is no other nice way to say this.
Yeah! Not just that. Even the ratings dropped. Some people who watched it during season 1 dropped the show in season 2. I don't blame J/M because with this type of writing even J/R would have same ratings. Season 3 will most likely drop even farther.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
Yeah! Not just that. Even the ratings dropped. Some people who watched it during season 1 dropped the show in season 2. I don't blame J/M because with this type of writing even J/R would have same ratings. Season 3 will most likely drop even farther.
But if the "critics" keep praising it, (I cant believe RT certified this season 100% fresh) i don't think there will be any changes in writing next season. And if the show score major nominations again, then the posibility of renewal is big even with ratings dropping. I don't think CW is gonna cancel the show that is putting the channel on prestigious awards recognition.

(i'm feeling nostalgic)

Old 04-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Jane seemed so strong last season. Even when she was falling apart you knew she would learn and come out stronger. Now she seems like a damsel in distress. Needs Michael to rescue her from situations where she didn't even need rescuing from. Couldn't let go at the bachelorette party until he came? Why what did his presence change? Was he guarding your guests? your purse? your mom? Michael had to remind her the mediation is for mateo. Why did Jane need to be reminded of this? Michael telling Jane after marriage he shares the financial burden. Really? She is getting married but she does not know that they share the financial responsibilities?

None of these situations would change even if there was no Michael present in the story. But they need to insert him to show how much jane relies on him for support.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Jane seemed so strong last season. Even when she was falling apart you knew she would learn and come out stronger. Now she seems like a damsel in distress. Needs Michael to rescue her from situations where she didn't even need rescuing from. Couldn't let go at the bachelorette party until he came? Why what did his presence change? Was he guarding your guests? your purse? your mom? Michael had to remind her the mediation is for mateo. Why did Jane need to be reminded of this? Michael telling Jane after marriage he shares the financial burden. Really? She is getting married but she does not know that they share the financial responsibilities?

None of these situations would change even if there was no Michael present in the story. But they need to insert him to show how much jane relies on him for support.
But Michael is everything Jane ever wanted. He is so perrrfect, he is a saint. ofcourse Jane needs Michael, even to be told that J/R priority should be Mateo. smh
Old 04-26-2016, 06:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
For some people "most of the fans " are satisfied with the show direction. Looking at how gina and justin played the J/R card (same goes for jennie) and looking at the little comments left by the narrator during the few past episodes they are well aware that people are not happy with the writing.

I can't stop to stress about how J/R not being together isn't what annoys me. It's even understandable, but my biggest problem with the show right now is re-writing story and the lack of follow-up in the storylines. They go for the waouh and the cute effect and it lacks desperatly of depth.

About my last post, the more I think about it the more I think Jane actually loves being pushed out of her comfort zone. Just look at the whole storyline about her advisors :
-Jonathan : she hated him at first because he wasn't feeling her writing. Lack of substance, lack of depth, lack of risk. If my memories are correct she eventually came back to him, begging him to be her advisors again because she saw what he said was true and what she needed to hear.
-new advisor, again she challenged her : too safe, too sweet, lack of depth. At first Jane hated her. She wasn't fair with her, too mean. But at the end of the day she does what she asks and ends up even more satisfied about her writing. Because it's not about what she wants to write it's about what she needs to write.

Jane surely wants Micheal. She wants someone who make her feel safe and doesn't push her. Her mom gave her what she wanted when she said "stop salsa". But thinking about it, Jane sees and understands that's not what she needed.

Micheal is always playing nice, he needs to embellish the truth the advice. Rafael goes (or used to, I'm putting it outhere since I don't know what they have in store next for rafael ) straight to the point : "I didn't tell you because I didn't need your judgement". She argued 5 seconds and then listened. "You don't have to starve to be a good person"! straight to the point! No need to beat about the bush! Jane is not a baby, she can handle harsh truth and that is what she needs!

Last edited by t-ka; 04-26-2016 at 06:21 PM
Old 04-26-2016, 06:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
But Michael is everything Jane ever wanted. He is so perrrfect, he is a saint. ofcourse Jane needs Michael, even to be told that J/R priority should be Mateo. smh
In that variety article the author said she got the feeling Jane's journey is about what she needs vs what she thinks she needs. Jennie has mentioned this but it is not clear on screen.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ka (View Post)

Micheal is always playing nice, he needs to embellish the truth the advice. Rafael goes (or used to, I'm putting it outhere since I don't know what they have in store next for rafael ) straight to the point : "I didn't tell you because I didn't need your judgement". She argued 5 seconds and then listened. "You don't have to starve to be a good person"! straight to the point! No need to beat about the bush! Jane is not a baby, she can handle harsh truth and that is what she needs!
Yes yes! A thousand times yes. Why do you need to sugarcoat your words for this adult woman. Is this what you are going to do throughout the whole marriage. What happens when situations get tough between you two. What happens if you really disagree on something important and she is not willing to budge? How do you handle those things. I have never seen them handle it. Oh yeah saw it in season 1. It led her straight into Rafael's arms.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yes yes! A thousand times yes. Why do you need to sugarcoat your words for this adult woman. Is this what you are going to do throughout the whole marriage. What happens when situations get tough between you two. What happens if you really disagree on something important and she is not willing to budge? How do you handle those things. I have never seen them handle it. Oh yeah saw it in season 1. It led her straight into Rafael's arms.
I know J/M fans say that Micheal is not a saint, he is just on his best behaviour knowing Jane won't accept any fault from him. Well I wouldn't feel great about it if I was them. How on earth he will keep up with that? He's playing the perfect guy but at some point he will have to just be the freaking human he actually is. And how is Jane going to react to that?
(Even if that being said she only had a problem with him hurting Mateo when she thought Rafael wasn't the one who denounced him to the police. Once she knew he was, she had no freaking problem with it girl please)

Seriously I prefer to be aware of someone flaws and see him making the best to involve, than someone hiding behind the "totally perfect guy".

Last edited by t-ka; 04-26-2016 at 07:43 PM
Old 04-26-2016, 07:19 PM
Loyal Fan

T-Ka you have been on point tonight. Jane seems to want to be pushed out of her comfort zone always reluctantly though. Michael while great and supportive doesn't do that. I wish the show was doing things more deliberately because that makes a good story. That's why I was excited by the out-of-nowhere fight with Xo. I thought it might give Jane a clue but no.

Fatima isn't what Jane wants versus what Jane needs last year's theme? This year I *think* it is supposed to be about not losing yourself when you become a mother. Or are Jane and Mateo a package dea? Or some other nonsense they haven't bothered to develop.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Wonder what the question will be next season
Old 04-26-2016, 07:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedandblessed (View Post)
T-Ka you have been on point tonight. Jane seems to want to be pushed out of her comfort zone always reluctantly though. Michael while great and supportive doesn't do that. I wish the show was doing things more deliberately because that makes a good story. That's why I was excited by the out-of-nowhere fight with Xo. I thought it might give Jane a clue but no.

Fatima isn't what Jane wants versus what Jane needs last year's theme? This year I *think* it is supposed to be about not losing yourself when you become a mother. Or are Jane and Mateo a package dea? Or some other nonsense they haven't bothered to develop.
Well unfortunately analyzing this, wake up my hopes about the show! But as you said not sure it's done deliberately even if it would be one heck of a lesson. Maybe that's what Justin was referring to when he said that we should trust jennie. Or he's just being justin and just wants us to be nice and keep watching.
But the re-writing thing is just so lazy when you spend your time making jane's advisor being harsh on her writing! Seriously

It may have to be about motherhood this season. The truth behind motherhood. Which might be the only thing well written this season. Because every other storylines are just pointless. And while I'm all for feminism, acting like mom>dad is really a storyline I wished they would drop quickly. Because having Jane changing her mind for Mateo's sake is great, but the fact no one tells her "look, Rafael might be feeling the same way when he's away from Mateo" or just showing Mateo and Rafael bonding is the kind of feminism that makes us not being taken seriously... Parenthood would have been a way better theme for this season Especially when we consider Rafael's family baggage... But they prefered to give that to Petra

Quote:
Wonder what the question will be next season
I don't know "welcome to perfection/boring land"?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Jennie always says she tries to see things through her characters perspectives. Great! I won't lie, she does a good job at it. But the thing is none of her other characters understand each other's perspective. So we literally get to see only Jane's side. They do this deliberately so we only sympathize with Jane. To me that feels like cheating. You think your audience is stupid and you are telling them what to think.

I am never going to let go of this 2 days 3 days thing. Jane should've had an aha moment with Rafael.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I gave up on the jtvedit tag when it became the jetra tag, with a bit of J/M on the side. Or vice versa. But I just looked back at my gifs tag, and my last JTV gifset was 2 months ago. Granted, I'm not the most prolific giffer, but that's awhile. Oddly enough, the last two J/R sets have seen a tiny bit of action (by my standards). And I think it's b/c no one's giffing them anymore. And there's nothing to gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ka (View Post)
I'm so glad Rafael did not cave in to Jane in this episode. I loved how he's the one that realized Mateo was having separation anxiety and did not indulge it! And when he called Mateo "little man".

I can see why they decided to include Petra in the "motherhood" theme. But I'm not sure it was a good idea. The show has three mothers (Alba, Xo, and Jane) who's lives were shifting. I would have preferred seeing Rafael's journey as a father, however unfeminist that makes me.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

double post