Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2016, 08:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvers (View Post)
They're trying so hard to hate on Rafael. This episode Petra was telling Rafael that she was surprised he wasn't immediately giving Jane everything she wanted for once. Wasn't she preaching at him to give Jane what she wanted last episode? This voice of reason changes her mind every episode.
Omg, this is perfect and soo true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedandblessed (View Post)
You've put my thoughts into words. I'm so tired of Rafael getting ruined. I had just finished saying that this wasn't a bad episode for Rafael because he got custody, the vacation he wanted and got to remind Petra about her crap. Then of course St.Petra has to tell us Rafael is a habitual liar. When did he lie to her in this episode? I didn't know Rafael suffered from this problem. So what the hell kind of writing is that?! If I wanted this kind of clunky writing, I'd watch PLL or something like that.

I have no hope for J/R anymore. And I don't even want them to reunite. This show has gotten too rushed and gimmicky since January. It's just scene after scene with the actors talking too fast and going through the motions. So even if by some miracle J/R reunite the magic will be gone because the show's magic is gone.

I think it might be best to marry Jane and Michael because he is perfect for her. Jane wants a yes man that she seeks advice from. That is Michael. The wedding could serve as the series ending because we'd all die of boredom watching them next season.
For some reason, I still think that J/R is endgame. Now I don't think that Jane deserves someone like Rafael. I am waiting for Rafael to find a woman who will do right by him and treat him well. If Rafael has the potential to be with another woman next season (that isn't Petra, Aneska, or Jane) I will continue watching so I can watch a happy Rafael.

I miss S1 Jane so badly. Hopefully they bring her back when her and Michael break up I am convinced that they will
Old 04-26-2016, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My iTunes stream isn't working, and the d/l is taking a long time. So I came in here to get spoiled. I'm glad I did. I'll wait and see until I watch the episode. But I'm glad my expectations were tempered a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watercolors. (View Post)
For some reason, I still think that J/R is endgame. Now I don't think that Jane deserves someone like Rafael. I am waiting for Rafael to find a woman who will do right by him and treat him well. If Rafael has the potential to be with another woman next season (that isn't Petra, Aneska, or Jane) I will continue watching so I can watch a happy Rafael.

I miss S1 Jane so badly. Hopefully they bring her back when her and Michael break up I am convinced that they will
I'm sure J/R is endgame. But the question is whether I'll want them to be, like you said. I don't think Rafael is ever going to get a legit love interest that's not played by Gina or Yael. Jane's never faced any "competition" in the romance department, and I don't think she ever will.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Rafael will soon be team J/M. I am not kidding. He won't take that window of opportunity. Justin said at the reading don't worry I am team Michael as well. All these actors follow what their characters do. They go where their characters go.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
Rafael will soon be team J/M. I am not kidding. He won't take that window of opportunity. Justin said at the reading don't worry I am team Michael as well. All these actors follow what their characters do. They go where their characters go.
Well I won't be there anymore to care. For that matter he could be the best man that it won't even feel weird anymore. BUT I'm wondering why :
Spoiler:

But anyway I'm turninh off my imagination about all this. Because I end up having great theories and that is what keep me invested in the show. That and my love the cast and season 1. But now I barely enjoy the episodes even when they are "good" because of how disappointed the writing is. Rewriting storylines is a nono for me so...

ETA
Spoiler:

Last edited by t-ka; 04-26-2016 at 10:04 AM
Old 04-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ka (View Post)
Well I won't be there anymore to care. For that matter he could be the best man that it won't even feel weird anymore. BUT I'm wondering why :
Spoiler:

But anyway I'm turninh off my imagination about all this. Because I end up having great theories and that is what keep me invested in the show. That and my love the cast and season 1. But now I barely enjoy the episodes even when they are "good" because of how disappointed the writing is. Rewriting storylines is a nono for me so...
I don't know, can you be Team Michael and a Jafael shipper? Because that's where I've mostly been. I'm assuming that's where Justin is too. But IA, he has to go where his character and the show goes. I want to think that means the show is auditioning new actresses for him, but I'm not that lucky.

I don't even have the energy for theories anymore either. And yes, the show's revisionist history is my top pet peeve with JTV right now. Unfortunately, it has been working. Very few people call the show out on it.

I'm 11-12 minutes into the episode. Ugh, I can see that Rafael is "lying" to both Derek and Petra. But he's a really bad liar. But I can't believe the show is trying to sell that as a character trait.

And ugh at Jane. Taking everyone's newspapers? An amenity that the guests paid for as a part of their stay? And leaving the dining room to do it?
Old 04-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ka (View Post)
Spoiler:

I think Justin was joking about being on TeamMichael. At least I hope so!

I'm pretty sure Jane and Michael don't get married based on nothing but Gina's reaction at the final episode table read. Instead of hopeful theories, we need to gird our loins for the gut punches that are coming ... more snapchap spoilers, don't read if you don't want to know.
Spoiler:
Old 04-26-2016, 10:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

And ugh at Jane. Taking everyone's newspapers? An amenity that the guests paid for as a part of their stay? And leaving the dining room to do it?
Stealing newspapers is not that big of a deal but still seemed like a ****ty thing to do. This is not your hotel. You work for someone else. It seems like she keeps forgetting this. She doesn't like things being easy for Rafael because of his wealth and position. But like Rogelio she is a firm believer of nepotism

So the department basically fired Michael to save face? Otherwise they already knew about Nadine. Maybe he is not fired. They are pretending he is fired because they have been stuck on the mutter case for so long. When Jane finds out he lied maybe she gets just a little mad.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
Stealing newspapers is not that big of a deal but still seemed like a ****ty thing to do. This is not your hotel. You work for someone else. It seems like she keeps forgetting this. She doesn't like things being easy for Rafael because of his wealth and position. But like Rogelio she is a firm believer of nepotism

So the department basically fired Michael to save face? Otherwise they already knew about Nadine. Maybe he is not fired. They are pretending he is fired because they have been stuck on the mutter case for so long. When Jane finds out he lied maybe she gets just a little mad.
It's a small thing, but it's the type of thing that can cause a huge mess. If a handful of guests call and complain about not getting their morning newspaper, then the hotel probably will have to give them something else (and likely more expensive) for free. Which would raise costs, etc. And what was the point? The same info was probably popping up on the guests' phones, etc.

And Coco Cat made a good point about the Eastern European stereotyping. I guess it's the one stereotype the show feels they can get away with, but why stereotype at all?

I won't go into how the show has decided to depict the service industry in this ep. It'll be boring and personal, and kind of nit picky. I've worked as a server and a bartender for a long time. Including in a luxury hotel, and other places like the Marbella. One of the things I liked in S1 was how it was kind of realistically done. And that Jane generally liked her job and took it seriously. I get that things changed, but that was one of the things that made me mad. It's nice to know the show has as much misguided contempt for people who do blue collar work, as they do for wealthy people.

Petra's lecture bothered me but not as much as the last one. Everyone already said it. It was ridiculous that Petra was even comparing herself to Rafael. She's stolen his sperm twice, had him accused of domestic violence, had him roofied, hit him, and a host of other things. He was probably too scared to tell her the truth. OK, I change my mind, that scene bothered me a lot, and veered into victim blaming territory.

And that's my problem with Anezka. It feels like the show wanted to redeem Petra and doesn't have the guts to have her do horrible things anymore, so they just have Anezka do it.

I didn't feel for Jane with the separation anxiety at all. And I almost always sympathize and defend her. It's awful but I feel like Mateo is almost better off with Alba, Chepa, and Rafael.

I'm glad Rafael got what he wanted for custody, but I'm sure we'll continue to never see him with Mateo. It was nice seeing him father the twins though.

-Jane and Michael would be out on the streets if it weren't for Rafael and Rogelio. And we're supposed to believe they're going to last the rest of their lives together?

Onto what I did like:

-Rogelio was fun. I like him and Dina. I'm sad that they probably won't be long term.
That being said, I didn't mind him and Xo in this episode. But more Dina please. She seemed to be the only competent person in the show.

-The 20's flashbacks were cute. I thought the cast did a good job with them. It didn't feel as gimmicky as the usual gimmick of the week.

-I loved when Rogelio said that audiences don't like to read T.V., in Spanish, while the subtitles flashed by. These are the subtle moments of cleverness that I miss.

-I still don't know if Derek is connected to Mutter. He might have his own thing going down. Or he might be referring to Michael when he said, "Take him down." Or he might be with Mutter.

Kate, I don't know if the show if trying to reunite Rafael and Petra. I don't think so. If J/M and R/P are seriously the endgame, what is the freaking point of the show? I'd rather see Jane and Rafael with third options than those two.

Last edited by wanderer78; 04-26-2016 at 11:33 AM
Old 04-26-2016, 11:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
And that's my problem with Anezka. It feels like the show wanted to redeem Petra and doesn't have the guts to have her do horrible things anymore, so they just have Anezka do it.
Yes Petra is a saint so she doesn't do bad stuff anymore. So they had to introduce a twin to do her dirty work for her. Where can they go with a show that has zero villans, except half-assed crime lords?
Quote:
-I still don't know if Derek is connected to Mutter. He might have his own thing going down. Or he might be referring to Michael when he said, "Take him down." Or he might be.
I thought that maybe he was talking about Michael too.
Quote:
Kate, I don't know if the show if trying to reunite Rafael and Petra. I don't think so. If J/M and R/P are seriously the endgame, what is the freaking point of the show? I'd rather see Jane and Rafael with third options than those two.
I think this show might think it is being clever with Rafael and Petra ...
Spoiler:
Old 04-26-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes Petra is a saint so she doesn't do bad stuff anymore. So they had to introduce a twin to do her dirty work for her. Where can they go with a show that has zero villans, except half-assed crime lords?

I thought that maybe he was talking about Michael too.
Maybe that's the Michael twist? He has an evil twin who shows up to be a resident villain.

I still think Derek is some sort of misdirect. He might be in cahoots with Mutter, but who cares? I always think when they introduce a a new villain, that they might secretly be after Michael and working for a higher agency like the FBI or CIA. I thought that about Zaz, Nadine, and Elena (I thought she was a spy and that's why she had to leave Rafael).

Spoiler:
Old 04-26-2016, 12:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
And Coco Cat made a good point about the Eastern European stereotyping. I guess it's the one stereotype the show feels they can get away with, but why stereotype at all?

Petra's lecture bothered me but not as much as the last one. Everyone already said it. It was ridiculous that Petra was even comparing herself to Rafael. She's stolen his sperm twice, had him accused of domestic violence, had him roofied, hit him, and a host of other things. He was probably too scared to tell her the truth. OK, I change my mind, that scene bothered me a lot, and veered into victim blaming territory.

Since the actors appear to have a say in what is brought to the screen, I though Yael would try to stop them from writing stereotypical characters. Magda and Milos were already putting Eastern Europeans in a bad light. And I was thinking the exact same thing about Petra's twin last night: they don't want Petra to be a villain, but they need a villain. So they wrote in Anezka so that Petra could continue to grow. I agree with Coco that the growth of these characters doesn't feel organic. Even if her mother did have a huge role in influencing what she did last season, it takes time to unlearn it all. Especially if she's lived her whole life this way. I don't mind a redeemed Petra, I just think they did it too early on.

I don't like Jane telling people that they are using their status/money or whatever to get what they want when she's been using her connection to Rafael to help herself. Her whole family is staying at the Marbella, including Michael who has his own place and doesn't need to be there. I doubt Jane will be paying for her stay, just like I doubt Jane will get in trouble for taking the newspapers.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvers (View Post)
Since the actors appear to have a say in what is brought to the screen, I though Yael would try to stop them from writing stereotypical characters. Magda and Milos were already putting Eastern Europeans in a bad light. And I was thinking the exact same thing about Petra's twin last night: they don't want Petra to be a villain, but they need a villain. So they wrote in Anezka so that Petra could continue to grow. I agree with Coco that the growth of these characters doesn't feel organic. Even if her mother did have a huge role in influencing what she did last season, it takes time to unlearn it all. Especially if she's lived her whole life this way. I don't mind a redeemed Petra, I just think they did it too early on.
Yael's from Israel, I believe? It's possible it's just lack of knowledge on her part. And I doubt she has any control over the writing for Milos and Magda. IA, about them redeeming Petra way too early. The same is true of Michael. It might be b/c they weren't sure they were going to get a season 3.

Quote:
I don't like Jane telling people that they are using their status/money or whatever to get what they want when she's been using her connection to Rafael to help herself. Her whole family is staying at the Marbella, including Michael who has his own place and doesn't need to be there. I doubt Jane will be paying for her stay, just like I doubt Jane will get in trouble for taking the newspapers.
Jane seems to want to pick and choose when she uses Rafael's wealth and power, so she can say she's "independent". Seriously, I was #TeamScott in this episode. A person can't keep changing their schedule on a whim. Jane did it twice in a short span of time. Jane and Michael should go get jobs at Target if they want me to take them seriously.

I thought the lease on Michael's place was up? If not, why isn't he staying there?

I know it's probably b/c the show needs to use the Marbella set as much as possible. But it's getting ridiculous.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
Yael's from Israel, I believe? It's possible it's just lack of knowledge on her part. And I doubt she has any control over the writing for Milos and Magda. IA, about them redeeming Petra way too early. The same is true of Michael. It might be b/c they weren't sure they were going to get a season 3.
So if they hadn't been renewed for Season 3, the series would have ended with Jane marrying Michael? I guess they could have changed directions, but it doesn't feel like they were setting up to.

Quote:
I know it's probably b/c the show needs to use the Marbella set as much as possible. But it's getting ridiculous.
Why do you think they needed to get more use of the Marbella? The Villaneuva house and Michael's house sets were already in existence. I could see it, if they weren't built. Also, they spent money on Petra's new suite. I have no idea what the point is of Jane and family living at the Marbella. It might one the most pointless things to have happened on the show, and that's saying a lot.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Why do you think they needed to get more use of the Marbella? The Villaneuva house and Michael's house sets were already in existence. I could see it, if they weren't built. Also, they spent money on Petra's new suite. I have no idea what the point is of Jane and family living at the Marbella. It might one the most pointless things to have happened on the show, and that's saying a lot.
I agree, and I don't understand why Michael is living at the Marbella at all.

Even though it wasn't much, I did enjoy the J/R scenes in last night's episode. They just need to talk and I see more chemistry than J/M.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So if they hadn't been renewed for Season 3, the series would have ended with Jane marrying Michael? I guess they could have changed directions, but it doesn't feel like they were setting up to.
I'm talking about Petra and Michael's redemptions. I'm not sure about J/M. But they found out about the renewal a while ago, and are still going strong about sainthood for those two. So I'm probably wrong.

Quote:
I'm assuming the Marbella is their most expensive set, so they need to justify it by using it as much as possible. Or they're trying to do kind of bottle episodes, where you stick to one set. It might save them time and money keeping the cast on the same set instead of shuttling them around from set to set. I'm assuming it's for money reasons, who knows why this show does anything anymore?

It would make more sense for Jane to be staying with Michael at his place. Unless, she's trying to pretend it's for Mateo by being closer to Raf, Alba, and Xo.

But seriously, she and Michael are in a suite with a really nice view of Miami. That's something a guest would pay several thousand a week for.

Quote:
Even though it wasn't much, I did enjoy the J/R scenes in last night's episode. They just need to talk and I see more chemistry than J/M.
IA, it's not the S1 magic, but they're leaps and bounds ahead of J/M. Even when they're in "platonic" mode.