Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2016, 08:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Yup still bad. At least it solved one thing we have been crying about for a while. Rafael's rights as a dad

1. Jane was miserable this episode because Mateo was away for 3 days and when Mateo was with her she had to work. Hmmm. Rafael had 2 days in the past. But somehow that was okay

2. I am glad Jane realized she is going to stand in Mateo's way. 1 month in Europe with his dad would be an amazing vacation. I am glad she finally understood it.

3. I like where Rafael is going. I am glad he reminded Petra of their history. For once I am like yes Petra gets lectured but nope she had to remind him that he is not being honest. RAFAEL WAS THE MOST HONEST CHARACTER OF THIS SHOW. He hates lies.

4. Aneska is getting involved. She was in love with Jane until she heard Rafael and Jane's history and saw Rafael's arm around her.

5. One of the reasons I don't like Jane is because she is more than happy to take advantage of her relationship with Rafael. She is sort of living on his money. She uses her relationship with Rafael to go around Scott who is her boss. But OH!! Rafael was the one who uses his wealth to get his away. She is okay when Rafael's wealth when it helps her.

6. On twiiter people are talking about how Jane compromises for Rafael. Do these people watch the same show? jane didn't care about Rafael. She was going to move away. She didn't do it because Mateo was too young to be away from his father. Same with vacation. She agreed because it would be one heck of a vacation for Mateo.

7. Rogelio and Dinaaaaa! the tension! When Rogelio did his sex sniff around her I was going to scream!

8. This week's gimmick, 1920's black and white silent film. WHY? Why was it necessary? How did it help the story in any way?

Now let's see how many theories came true

1. It was related to Petra handling the money and not about how much money twins are getting

2. Michael is fired and now works for Rogelio

I wonder if Michael is really fired though... These people do love to recycle.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hum guys what about the fantasy sequel that Gina and Justin used to promote tonight episode?
Old 04-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ka (View Post)
Hum guys what about the fantasy sequel that Gina and Justin used to promote tonight episode?
The black and white hug? It was nothing. There was also a kiss when they did the silent film recap of their history for the mediator.

The hug where Petra watches was just a regular hug.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
The black and white hug? It was nothing. There was also a kiss when they did the silent film recap of their history for the mediator.

The hug where Petra watches was just a regular hug.
Oh *disappointment*... well I should really try not to get my hopes high. ..
Old 04-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't be too disappointed. I thought the silent film part was kind of cute. They were kissing in front of a tree. And there were flowers. And a lollipop. It lasted for at least 30 seconds or so. Maybe a minute. Hopefully some nice gifs.

And the hug was a regular hug but then they put them in silent movie mode too.

Quote:
RAFAEL WAS THE MOST HONEST CHARACTER OF THIS SHOW. He hates lies.
OMG! This. I only watched the Raf parts but I had to roll my eyes at the plot stuff. The only reason they had him lying this whole episode was for him to come clean to Derek. Ick. Just ick.

This is a guy who told Jane that Petra was cheating on him even though he knew it would complicate whether or not she had the baby. He was super honest up until he told her he didn't love her anymore. That was the big lie of the first season.

But they wrote the episode as this was some kind of common character trait of his even though it isn't his default mode.

And Petra, you have come farther than him because you were psycho crazy awful. He can't go as far as you. And you are still awful to your kids. You can't even change a diaper?

And I don't see what the big deal is about Raf saying that the trust agreements were equal. They are where it really matters...with.the.kids.

I'm just glad they went through so many of the things she did.

As for the "spoilers" which aren't really spoilers. She has been saying "resolved" and "definitive choice" all season long. Except we all know that what is left unsaid is that it's "for now."
Old 04-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

dp
Old 04-25-2016, 09:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

They're trying so hard to hate on Rafael. This episode Petra was telling Rafael that she was surprised he wasn't immediately giving Jane everything she wanted for once. Wasn't she preaching at him to give Jane what she wanted last episode? This voice of reason changes her mind every episode.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)

But they wrote the episode as this was some kind of common character trait of his even though it isn't his default mode.

And Petra, you have come farther than him because you were psycho crazy awful. He can't go as far as you. And you are still awful to your kids. You can't even change a diaper?

And I don't see what the big deal is about Raf saying that the trust agreements were equal. They are where it really matters...with.the.kids.

Totally agree.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
Don't be too disappointed. I thought the silent film part was kind of cute. They were kissing in front of a tree. And there were flowers. And a lollipop. It lasted for at least 30 seconds or so. Maybe a minute. Hopefully some nice gifs.

And the hug was a regular hug but then they put them in silent movie mode too.

OMG! This. I only watched the Raf parts but I had to roll my eyes at the plot stuff. The only reason they had him lying this whole episode was for him to come clean to Derek. Ick. Just ick.

This is a guy who told Jane that Petra was cheating on him even though he knew it would complicate whether or not she had the baby. He was super honest up until he told her he didn't love her anymore. That was the big lie of the first season.

As for the "spoilers" which aren't really spoilers. She has been saying "resolved" and "definitive choice" all season long. Except we all know that what is left unsaid is that it's "for now."
Just saw the episode. The black and white sequences were nice indeed.
And again Rafael is being shown as apparently a known liar... the guy Who had no problem to tell Jane that Michael adviced him about the Villanueva despite that being a strong point for Micheal. I'm so done with them destroying the character like that. They are erasing what we loved about the character...
I'm finishing the season but I won't be back next season. I found the episode ok. Cute a few times but I'm just tired with the writing... I don't even feel mad about it anymore... I'm just tired about it and seriously I'll give my interest to better written show.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvers (View Post)
They're trying so hard to hate on Rafael. This episode Petra was telling Rafael that she was surprised he wasn't immediately giving Jane everything she wanted for once. Wasn't she preaching at him to give Jane what she wanted last episode? This voice of reason changes her mind every episode.
This is hilarious. I totally forgot to connect the two. Well Jane and Petra will be fighting. We know that.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ka (View Post)
Just saw the episode. The black and white sequences were nice indeed.
And again Rafael is being shown as apparently a known liar... the guy Who had no problem to tell Jane that Michael adviced him about the Villanueva despite that being a strong point for Micheal. I'm so done with them destroying the character like that. They are erasing what we loved about the character...
I'm finishing the season but I won't be back next season. I found the episode ok. Cute a few times but I'm just tired with the writing... I don't even feel mad about it anymore... I'm just tired about it and seriously I'll give my interest to better written show.
You've put my thoughts into words. I'm so tired of Rafael getting ruined. I had just finished saying that this wasn't a bad episode for Rafael because he got custody, the vacation he wanted and got to remind Petra about her crap. Then of course St.Petra has to tell us Rafael is a habitual liar. When did he lie to her in this episode? I didn't know Rafael suffered from this problem. So what the hell kind of writing is that?! If I wanted this kind of clunky writing, I'd watch PLL or something like that.

I have no hope for J/R anymore. And I don't even want them to reunite. This show has gotten too rushed and gimmicky since January. It's just scene after scene with the actors talking too fast and going through the motions. So even if by some miracle J/R reunite the magic will be gone because the show's magic is gone.

I think it might be best to marry Jane and Michael because he is perfect for her. Jane wants a yes man that she seeks advice from. That is Michael. The wedding could serve as the series ending because we'd all die of boredom watching them next season.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
When did he lie to her in this episode?
I think the "lie" was when she asked him if the trust fund set up was exactly like the one he had set up for Mateo. He told her it was. Well it wasn't exactly the same because he has Jane administering the trust if he should die. With his girls, he has an independent lawyer as the trustee. (I believe she straight out asked if an independent lawyer was also the one administering it for Mateo.)

It is so dumb. Like I said above, the most important thing about the trust is that his children are treated fairly, not the mothers of his children.

Last edited by Lethally Floral; 04-25-2016 at 11:36 PM
Old 04-26-2016, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

tftnt

I will see how I feel post-episode.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I wonder if Michael is really fired though... These people do love to recycle
I'm sure he will be reinstated with a big promotion because he is going to solve the Mutter case in 3 episodes. The 1920s stuff was pointless.

Last year though J/M weren't together, we saw their flashbacks. What do we get now that J/R aren't together? Rafael's character assignation and zero sentimentality from Jane.

So I am going to believe the show that J/R weren't special. I'll start rooting for J/M to get married. The show has told me for months that they are perfection. I'm going to believe them and then take my Rafael shipping eyeballs elsewhere next season.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:30 AM
Loyal Fan

"Mary, Mary quite contrary, are you writing this show?"

I've just finished watching this episode, overrall I thought it was better than some this season and we did get some nice scenes with Jane and Rafael. But, ultimately, plagued by all the same problems that have been sucking the magic out of this show all season. Illogical plotlines and revisionist history being the main issues.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Coco_Cat; 04-26-2016 at 07:47 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread