Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

COMPLETELY agreed that brett is one of the best actors on the show. every single emotion that michael is feeling - i believe it. as much as i love justin, i too don't think he's the most charismatic actor. maybe with a little more work, he can get there. brett though... he is IT. he and gina were made to be together (on tv!)

YESSSS HER HANDS. do you guys ever notice that whenever they kiss, her hands are always all over him? i notice this a little with rafael but not in the same way at all. like in their kiss from last week's episode, his hand was already on her face and yet she still just haaad to run her hand up along his arm and up to his hand. it's things like that that make them SOOO natural and make the love and passion between their characters absolutely jump off the screen. it's so wonderful to watch, honestly!
sonali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

I love in their almost kiss in 2x02 how her heart is resting on his heart/chest
Old 11-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

OH YOU GUYS their hearts

redrose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

^ Their hearts glowing at the same time was the best part!! I can't believe they didn't even have a chance to talk about the kiss
Old 11-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!!

Lord. Michael assaulted Mateo now apparently? WHAT LOL

Gah precious glowing hearts
Old 11-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Huh did I miss something lol
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Huh did I miss something lol
So much

Michael according to the fandom is plotting to assault everyone on the show now because of his murderous tendencies that have been there from the start
Old 11-11-2015, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT! We made it to thread 2 and the title is lovely .

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRoses (View Post)
I hated what Michael did at the start of the show, just like everyone else, but Brett's acting made me feel for his situation even while condemning his actions. It was a really complicated situation. A less talented actor would have turned Michael into a cardboard cut-out villain. But Brett made Michael more complex. Especially in the scenes where he shows remorse and recognition of his wrong-doings. I just don't understand how people can hate him. Evil or bad people don't feel remorse.
I agree with this. Brett really made Michael's character someone you could feel for and root for. Yeah he did a lot of things wrong, but he always showed remorse and learned from them and you just couldn't help but feel bad for the guy. Even when he was doing the things he did at the start of the show, I never once hated his character. I was drawn to him from the beginning and a lot of it had to do with how Brett portrayed Michael. He's on point all the time.

I never understood the Michael hate and this episode certainly didn't help matters in taming it. I understand being angry about what happened because believe me, I'm angry about it too and am not condoning his behavior at all. But good Lord, the amount of stuff I've read from comments is insane, from he's an abuser to kill him off by sacrificing his life protecting Jane and Mateo because it's the only way to right the problem. Just no. Michael was and never will be evil incarnate. He's human with his set of flaws and he would never intentionally harm Jane or Mateo. He was literally in tears at the fact that Mateo was indirectly hurt as a result of the fight. Evil people don't do that, just FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRoses (View Post)
Honestly, I think one of the main reasons I never bought into Jane/Rafael and never felt anything about their relationship was because Justin's acting is a bit bland for me. I like him, as a person. I follow him on Twitter and Instagram and he seems like a really nice guy, but I haven't been bowled over by his performance.
Yeah I think Justin is a sweet guy but he is definitely one of the show's weaker actors. Not to say that he's terrible because he does an all right job. I just haven't been, as you said, bowled over by his performance. Especially when you compare it to the other great actors on this show.

ETA:
Quote:
Michael according to the fandom is plotting to assault everyone on the show now because of his murderous tendencies that have been there from the start
I... I can't even
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
bscgirl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Brett is definitely the more interesting actor. I adoreeee Justin as a person, but onscreen Rafael just always bored me. Although no one is Gina, I will say that

The title makes me sad. She wants forever with Michael
Old 11-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
So much

And then he'll have time to kick some puppies. I hate this exaggeration that happens in fandoms
Old 11-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

The idea that Michael would ever intentionally hurt Jane or Mateo makes no sense. His violent outburst at Rafael didn't really fit for me (the anger yes, but taking it out physically no). But the idea that he would ever hurt Jane or Mateo physically is ludicrous
Old 11-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The title makes me sad. She wants forever with Michael
Same. I just feel really sad

Yeah the exaggeration is so extreme, it's annoying. People see what they want to see.

And yes, I get the anger and see where that is coming from and both Raf and Michael need to work on their anger towards each other. But violence? No. And hurting either Jane or Mateo? Hell no.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can maybe buy punching Rafael cause of TV tropes but he would never intentionally hurt and jane
Old 11-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

This was a clear case of love triangle OOC writing
Old 11-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Punching Rafael yeah, but while holding Mateo...nah
Reply   Post New Thread