13. 14. mokis
15. js4ever
16. Ronata
17. bowlerhatgirl
18. Hot4Jack&Sam
19. virgo

WaT's creator Hank Steinberg Jack♥Samantha shipper
Mission Statement

(Without a Trace premiered on CBS in September of 2002.)

He says they (Jack♥Samantha) love and are in love with each other.

Also, look for some "heat" between Sam and her boss and former lover, Jack Malone (Anthony La Paglia), and for the finally divorced Jack — who continues to wrestle with his demons — to start up a new flirtation. Steinberg reveals, "There's a big surprise coming that avid fans will love." Source:TVGuide Thursday, March 31, 2005

"We had earned the right to go to that melodramatic place, of having this really intense payoff to a full season of trauma and difficulty and stress in Jack's life and in Samantha's life and in their relationship, says Steinberg regarding the final 2-3 episodes"

It was briefly revealed early last season that Jack Malone (LaPaglia) and Samantha Spade once had an affair that ended before "Without a Trace" began. But those feelings and sexual tension continued "simmering and seething and boiling" under the surface, Steinberg said.

"We'll continue to have complicated adult relationships between our characters that don't move at light speed--they'll move like glaciers, " says Steinberg.#

"At the end of season 2, he left his job for his wife, then his wife left him. Yes, Jack (Anthony LaPaglia) has hit hard times in this rare detective show that delves into its characters as much as its crimes. "He's going to have to decide: move to Chicago and chase his wife or stay in New York and fight a custody battle," says exec producer Hank Steinberg. "He's going to have to get his job back, which might cause conflict." Particularly since that means either vacating Vivan (MJB) from his old gig or reporting to her in a tricky reversal of fortune. Jack's return may also not be the healthiest for Sam (Poppy Montgomery). "Whether she pines for Jack, I'm not sure yet," Steinberg says. "But his being there will definitely make complications for her." (EW Sept. 23)

Reasons for being a Jack♥Samantha shipper...

Their affair is canon - Five months
Its creator Hank Steinberg says they love and are in love with each other
Anthony and Poppy have amazing onscreen chemistry
ALP and PM are J/S shippers too
"It hints at an affair all the time, and Anthony and I both love the storyline."
The network wants to reunite the flame
Montgomery roots for Jack and Sam to rekindle their romance
Montgomery "really want them back together
Montgomery says ..."it’s a great love story"
Montgomery "would love to see them ride off into the sunset together at the end of the series"
There’s so much drama between them
Their feelings and sexual tension continue "simmering and seething and boiling" under the surface
He is her ex-lover, and her future beau
He WANTS Samantha
He has a particular attachment to her
She loves him, and he loves her
They're in love
They have known each other for nine years
They have what they both need
He confides in her; she's his confidante
There's a romantic connection
He's her "Jumpin Jack Flash: Divorced, two kids, bad knee, grumpy workaholic" love of her life
She doesn't judge him
She has what he needs
He's self-destructive, but she wouldn't want him any other way
He loves and is in love with her, but it's complicated
Their love story is far from over
Their affair isn't criminal
They kiss off-screen (many times...)
They hug in public
It's a good thing
He's the boss of her heart too
She's a willingly subordinate to her boss
Their love isn't criminal
They are more than partners
Both feel guilty for their love
He trades his life for her life
Sam's his blond bombshell
She makes him feel again
He doesn't want her to lie about them
She wants everyone to know about them
The man she loves rescues her
He rescues the woman he loves
In another life, they'll be together
It was what they both needed
What they had, it was good
She likes his massages
He risks his career for her again and again
Their feelings haven't faded nor died
Both strayed, but they always find themselves again
He can write a dissertation about her
He thinks highly of her opinion
He loves the way she smells...the curb of her back...the glint in her eye...bounce in her step, but most of all, he likes the feeling that he gets when he looks at his woman he can see the little girl in her (Sam)
She isn't just anyone to him
She is his sweetheart
She is his honey
He is her doll
He tells her she has a good heart
He tells her she'll be fine
He tells her she makes goods decisions (work)
He tells her to do the opposite of him
They'll be together in another life
He can't sleep thinking about her
He has an illicit rebound affair because he misses her
She has a rebound affair because she thought he is gone
Both have rebound affairs because they couldn't be together
He asks her to seek therapy, and she agrees
He asks her therapist how she's doing
She talks to her therapist about them
They're both sorry if they ever hurt each other
She has seen his tattoo
She has seen his appendix scar
He wants to know how she's doing (Showdown)
He asks how she's handling a case
He's concern of her fallout
He's alone and grumpy without her
She lost something in the office (him)
They have confidence in each other
For ex-lovers, they get along well
Jack's been a bad boy
She accepts him as he is
They long and lust for each other
She's attentive and supportive to her man
She still has feelings for him
She helps him pack his belongings
They have an emotional, professional and personal bond
They both haven't moved on
His marriage was in limbo; His wife is a shrewd
They inject little sex in their scenes
They would go out for drinks
Sam gives him what he needs
He shares his mobile with her
She shares her iPhone with him
'fans' (are) interest in "that stuff
They know their boundaries
He thanks her for checking in on him
She would jump off a building if he ask (Doppelganger 2)
He does what's right, even if it means not being with his love
They work well professionally and personally, and they're supportive of each other
She invites him to see her working undercover
They gaze at each other for 8 long seconds
They can't keep their hands, and eyes off each other
He's the only one who knows her secret past
He knows her well
She knows him
She knows when he's upset about a case
He lies to protect her
She lies to protect him
She told him the truth (about her past)
She meets his dad
He meets her mom
Her mom likes her partner (Deleted scripted scene At Rest)
He meets her sister Emily
He travels with her to her hometown
Both have no problem sitting on each other desks
She adjusts his collar
He gives her a neck massage (and she likes it)
He gives her a sunflower plant
He fears for her safety when she's undercover
She fears for his saftey when he's taken hostage
Only he can call her Sam
He's jealous when she's with someone else
They act like a married couple
They talk to each other in low-tones, almost whispering
No one else exist when they're together
They are constantly sharing touches, glances and gazes, and lots of banter
They are constantly having PSV's
They have amazing eye-sex
He has a lot to confide to her, but he doesn't know where to start
She asks if they are his divorce papers
He owes her a lot, and keeps her inform of his personal life
She notices his short hair and she approves
He knows where she lives and she knows where he lives
They would go to her place 2 to 3 times a week
They always left the office together
They always call each other
He brings her coffee
She notices his psychology degree
Both have been married and divorced
They snuggle, do crossword puzzles, and listen to the rain. It's nice
She tells him about her Circus Museum story
Both have smoked pot
She tells him about running away
They're protective of each other
They have their own regular meeting spot
If he looked as good as her in black, he wouldn't need to change
They both wear coordinating black attire
She's always looking at his mouth
He's concern for her health
She notices his different tie
It is really hard for her not telling anyone ... being around him all the time...
If there's anyone he would confide in, it would be her
She likes him busy and unavailable
They like their relationship, nice and complicated
She cries for him
He was going to miss her
He knows she likes pretzels (deleted scripted scene 1x21)
They're both sorry if I ever hurt each other
He hasn't lost faith in her, least of all him
They mix love with a healthly dose of guilt, it can last a lifetime
She takes a long odds for him, and she is right
He's just not ready to see her leave
She let's him help her and no one else
He knows she has a chip on her shoulder
He knows she has a thing for men
While sleeping with the enemy, she still pines for him
Nothing compares to him
He calls her "hilarious"
He's relationship with Sam is "undetermined"
She worries about him
She knows something isn't right with him
He tells her she'll do fine
He tells her she has a good heart
He compliments her, and she thanks him
She can always use him as a role model
They're always thinking of one another
She assures him he'll be fine too
He treats her to a lunalicious pie
She assures him she's by his side
She stays vigil while he's hospitalized
Only she can calm him down
He calls out for her name in front of his boss
Even Jack's boss believes "Maybe, in another life" (for JSR)
She laughs at his jokes
If he needs her, really needs her, she'll do whatever he asks
He asks her if she wants to stick around for his sponge bath
He calls her whenever he needs backup
She's his backup without question
They are there to backup each other
She's used to him being a pain in the ass
She calls him 8 times trying to reach him
She's willing to do whatever it takes for him
She goes to him as he's placed in gurney, strokes his leg and caresses his shoulder
She'll "ride with him" in the ambulance anyway
Goes to see Sam upon returning back to work.
He offers her a banana from his gift basket
He wants to know if he met her baby's daddy
He calls her a "smart girl"
He's now a street agent, but still boss of her heart
He searched for her, and she told him "You found me."
Jack told her "You don't have to do this alone anymore."
"I thought I'd stick around to see what opportunties opened up," Jack says to Samantha.
"You know, you have a lot of potential," Samantha says to Jack.
"I'm asking us to go to Los Angeles," Jack says to Samantha.
"You and me is fine," Samantha says to Jack.
"You know how I feel about you, how I always felt about you," Samantha says to Jack.
"You want try some of this," Samantha says to Jack. (Jack wanted a taste from her mouth)
"I really want this to work. I would like to be all things that you need me to be," Jack says Samantha.

Federal Bureau of Investigation: Violent Crimes Unit Missing Person's Unit boss and subordinate complicated love story

Wikipedia Profile:Supervisory Special Agent of New York District Unit C-8 Jack Malone

Wikipedia Profile:Special Agent Samantha Spade

Quotes about Jack♥Samantha

TV Guide: Where do Sam and Jack (Anthony LaPaglia) stand?

Montgomery: "I love their relationship. It never really evolved, that’s the problem. I think we’re going to see some resolution soon. She’s always been in love with him and always will be." Source: TVGuide 2008July

...Sam’s onscreen pregnancy put her relationship with her boss and ex-love interest Jack (Anthony LaPaglia) back into the forefront of the show. In a recent episode, Jack secretly conducted a background check on Brian.

“Some things come out about Brian, and Jack and Sam have to deal with what Jack has done,” Montgomery said of tonight’s episode.

Montgomery roots for Jack and Sam to rekindle their romance.

“I really want them back together,” she said. “I think it’s a great love story. I would love to see them ride off into the sunset together at the end of the series. There’s so much drama between them. I would love to see them play that out. Anthony is one of my favorite people on the planet.” (Source:
BostonHerald By Amy Amatangelo, May 14, 2008)

This is really a story about Sam and Jack having to confront being alone. And the Missing Persons unit chief has another problem: His job is on the line. The Office of Professional Responsibility is investingating Jack's actions - comprimising Vivians sex trafficking case. (Source: May 12th issue TV Guides Finale Preview for WAT Exec Producer Greg Walker.)

Mama Sam...As the birth of her baby approaches, Sam tries to make a go of it with Brian. That's not good news for Jack, her former---and perhaps future---beau, who's reassessing his life. Teases Montgomery, "Something happens that connects her and Jack again very strongly." (Source: TV Guide dated March 31-April 13th)

"The fans want to see Jack and Sam get together," she says. "I agree. If the show ends I'd like to see them ride off into the sunset together." says Poppy (Source: news.au.com 02April08)

"I think she's in love with Jack. I think she's always been in love with Jack. He's her mentor and she looks up to him," (Poppy Montgomery) she says in a recent interview.

"For those of you interested in the Jack and Sam love connection, rumors are floating around that the network wants to reunite the flame. Poppy Montgomery is pregnant and due at the end of the year, so her belly might get in the way of romance for a bit so do not be surprised to see some romance at some point later in the season." (MyTVSpoilers.com)

It was briefly revealed early last season that Jack Malone (LaPaglia) and Samantha Spade once had an affair that ended before "Without a Trace" began. But those feelings and sexual tension continued "simmering and seething and boiling" under the surface, Steinberg said.

Montgomery acknowledges that acting out her character's flaws have been fun. "The relationship between Samantha and Jack came about one moment in the pilot when I went and fixed Anthony's tie," she says. "There was a lot of chemistry."

(TV Guide Dec. 2004) But in coming episodes, when the newly single Jack finds out about Sam and Martin's surreptitious romance, the sparks will really start to fly. "Jack tries to revisit his relationship with Samantha, only to find out it's no longer available," LaPaglia says. "And the enemy is within."

The tweaks to the formula are, in part, the result of nudging from the cast. "I'm all for messing with the formula," ALP says. "Formula is just luck." In fact, the cast had already tried spicing up the landscape. "We get these scenes that were a bit flat and we'd think 'What can we do with them?'" ALP says. "And we'd say 'Let's inject a little sex in there.' Source: YTDAW (Amazing Trace 2003)

Steinberg won't reveal how the triangle is going to be resolved but says, "It's definitely going to get complicated." He believes that Jack represents a "self-destructive" relationship for Samantha and that Martin would be the "healthy choice."

"I wanted to play somebody who got it wrong often, who screwed up their life, who wasn't quite coping with how it went, let the pressure of the job get to him and made mistakes. He is not a completely honorable person." LaPaglia says in a interview.

A Trace Of Romance: An office romance for Anthony's character, Jack Malone, was not originally on the cards. In fact, he tells us that, "when we shot the pilot, there were no personal relationships between the five main characters because the producers wanted to make it a procedural drama".

Anthony had other ideas, however, and before long "there was a romantic connection between Jack and Samantha Spade that the writers picked up on, dropping more hints along the way".

The secret affair was only revealed at the end of season one - but by then, Jack had broken it off, telling Sam (Poppy Montgomery) that he was going back to his wife. It's not over yet, though!

Anthony reveals that next season "there is a palpable tension between the two as a result of that decision. And there could also be somone else on the team interested in Sam!" Our money is on baby-faced Martin (Eric Close), who has already asked Sam on a date. Source:YTDAW (TV Week Nov. 22 - 28)

Yet healthy choices don't always make great drama, so don't be surprised if Jack and Samantha end up together again. "It's definitely possible," LaPaglia says. "It's certainly going to come into play when the three of them are all on the same page about what's going on. It'll come to the point where Samantha has to make a choice. Or Jack will get a new love interest. Whatever we do, we're going to let the tension play out for awhile." (TV Guide Dec. 2004)

Jack and Sam should "ride off into the sunset together", says PM on CBS Early Show, March 2007

"You've got to tell me if Jack, Anthony LaPaglia's character and Sam Spade acutally get it on at any stage?"

"...we do.. we think they're maybe....Here's what I'll say, I think Jack and Sam love each other... and they should end up together...at some point (PM laughs)"

(Hank)"Steinberg intended to slowly reveal personal details in the early episodes, including hints that Spade and Malone were having an affair." (Neal Justin: 'Without a Trace' makes itself known, September 4, 2003)

Spade seems to be torn between her boss, Jack Malone, and the newest member of the team, Martin Fitgerald, played by Eric Close. So you can expect to see a love triangle this season, says Montgomery, “But I'm not sure how it's developing really. I know as much as the audience knows.” #

So what does she really know? Montgomery says, “I know that Samantha's still got feelings for Jack, and he's trying to work it out with his wife.”

The question then is, does Jack still have feelings for Samantha? “I hope so,” Montgomery says with laughter, “I think so. I think they're sort of torn, you know, and they really have this genuine affection, and attraction, and everything, for each other. But he is trying to give it a shot with his wife. And I know that there's chemistry developing between Samantha and Martin. But what's going to happen, I don't know.”

Perhaps Martin is going to be the rebound guy for Samantha. And Montgomery agrees, “I think so. That's how I would play it. He really likes her. She loves Jack. That's my theory,” she says.

So, which one is it? "I think she's in love with Jack, and she's going to use Martin to get over Jack, because she thinks Martin's hot. That would be my guess. I think Samantha's torn about the fact that Jack's going back to his wife."

As for the Spade-Malone affair, the show hinted at sexual tension between them in the pilot, then touched on it again in the third episode. The show didn't overtly explain the affair until the 20th episode, although the actors knew of it from the third episode on.

"The typical way would be to build a flirtation that was going to be," Steinberg says, citing Moonlighting and Cheers. "We sort of came up with the idea that a really interesting thing would be if it was all kind of in the past and it was just sitting there."

Poppy and Without a Trace in TVG. "Montgomery plays an agent who wears Gucci suits and may or may not have had a past fling with her married boss, played by fellow Aussie Anthony LaPaglia. "It hints at an affair all the time, and Anthony and I both love the storyline," says Montgomery.#

"Jack doesn't care," quipped LaPaglia. (Yeah, right. Of course, he doesn't care.)

"Jack cares. Jack cares," responded Montgomery.

What did the actors know and when did they know it? LaPaglia noted a scene in last fall's pilot in which "we were both going to go home, and she was fixing my tie. And that's basically all that was really said. And I thought that was a very intimate thing for someone...to do, like only your wife or your mother would do it. And she wasn't like my mother...And I think from that moment we started to try and slide stuff in there," he said. "We had a scene about how many hundred feet the bus had gone or something, and we tried to make it about sex."

In the series' inaugural season last year, Spade was shot with her own gun and had to be rescued by Malone, a married man with whom she had had an affair - a relationship revealed after the fact.

"I love the way it was done. It's kind of mysterious - so unexpected," says Montgomery, who started out thinking there would probably be an eventual love connection between her character and Malone, only to learn it had already happened.

Montgomery says fans ask, "'What's happening with Jack and Sam?"' Yet she doesn't know what will transpire, beyond the fact that Malone, played by Anthony LaPaglia, is back with his wife, and that some sort of relationship seems to be building between Spade and Fitzgerald.

LaPaglia chuckles wryly about fans' interest in "that stuff."

He feels "that's maybe because we underplay it so much. We really don't give them concrete answers. Everything is kind of insinuated. I like that. I prefer that - you actually have the audience participate by wondering. You let them think."#

Trace has even begun to explore the staff's sexcapades--such as they are. "I found out that I'd been married in one episode," says Montgomery of the now-single Sam. "Didn't work out, I guess." Likewise, Jack's estranged wife (Talia Balsam) was just introduced, and the reason for their split will soon be revealed. "Jack's been a bad boy," LaPaglia teases.#

TV Guide reports that a love triangle featuring LaPaglia's character is in the works. The idea is to humanize the robotic professionals, to loosen them up a bit and inject some sex and soap opera, making it more like "ER." It could be risky. The reason people may have flocked to "Without a Trace" is because it was all business. #

Jack will attempt to reconcile with his still-unseen wife but will discover he still has feelings for Sam. Simultaneously, Martin will slowly pursue Sam.

"Wait until you see that episode," said LaPaglia. #

"I think there's going to be a love triangle," Montgomery dishes. "It's apparently between Jack (Anthony LaPaglia) and Martin (Eric Close) and me. And I'm like, Bring it on, they're both gorgeous!"

So, which one is it? "I think she's in love with Jack, and she's going to use Martin to get over Jack, because she thinks hot. That would be my guess. I think Samantha's torn about the fact that Jack's going back to his wife."#

Q: What's happening this season (four) with Samantha Spade and the men in her life?

A: We haven't really resolved the situation with Samantha and Martin or Samantha and Jack. But things are going to heat up since Jack will have a romance with Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio's character.

Q: Will Samantha be jealous?
A: She absolutely will get furious. She's going to be completely territorial because she loves Jack.

Q: Still? That seemed to be over.
A: She's always loved Jack. In the last episode of the series I think they should get married-- live happily ever after.

Q: What about Martin?
A: I think that chapter is closed.

Q: What advice would you give Samantha?
A: Go for Jack. Don't let him get involved with anybody else. Even though she loves Martin, she always thinks about Jack-- he's the complicated one. But then Martin is so cute. [Laughs] You know, I'd tell her to keep both of them.

"Samantha's going to compete for Jack's affection," says Montgomery.

LaPaglia is so secure that he's doing what some actors might regard as the unthinkable: at times, he's getting his role reduced. "I have walked in to the office of the writers and said, 'I don't really like this episode, would you write me out of it please? Would you put somebody else's name at the top of my dialogue?' Which they have done." (Source: YTDAW: The Main Man, July 17, 2003)

WGA.org HS 2005 interview: It's the guest cast that gets the big emotional scenes. Predictably, the core actors would like more of the juice, but they are, after all, FBI agents, the solvers not the victims of crime. It is the downside of steady work on television. "You don't want Anthony LaPaglia to be a traffic cop," Redlich says. "I remember saying to him at the beginning of the season, when he was pushing a little against just being on a procedural show, 'Anthony, I would love to write scenes with you and your girlfriend or your wife or mistress at home having a huge fight. But the audience is going to be saying, 'Please finish fighting. Please finish having sex. And let's get back to that missing person case.'"

Press about Jack♥Samantha

TV Guide: But the biggest teaser comes in the Nov. 25th cliff-hanger, when Jack and Samantha find themselves together, not just investigating a case, but revisiting the dynamics of their complicated relationship. "It's a really interesting story,"says exec producer Jan Nash, "and it ends in a very provocative way."

(TV Guide: Trace fo Romance. Its doesn't take a detective (or in this case an FBI agen) to figure out that Jack Malone as got it hard for Samantha Spade. The mystery surrounding her feelings for him is solved tonight when her former lover follow a missing-person case to Los Angels. "Freed from the confines of the FBI office, Jack and Sam are able to be a little looser and talk more candidly about their feelings," teases executive producer Greg Walker. "It's an interesting investigation, in that the missing person is on a quest to find out what happened in his past. Jack and Sam are given the chance to do the same amount introspection and are forced to confront the direction of their relationship is heading." If it works out could double dates with Danny and Elena be far behind ?

TV Guide - Fall Preview (2008) - Without a Trace
What’s next: Jack has to deal with new boss Clark Medina, a hotshot with an MBA, a JD–and an agenda. “He’s coming into the department to clean up shop,” says exec. producer Greg Walker. “And maybe to keep the seat warm for someone else in the unit.” On the personal front, Jack and Sam struggle to define their relationship. #

Season finale: Jack Malone (Anthony LaPaglia) is demoted as the head of the FBI unit searching for missing persons. The show ends with Samantha Spade (Poppy Montgomery) delivering a baby alone and Malone visiting the hospital. What will happen: Malone and Spade, who had an affair, will get back together in a difficult relationship. After a few episodes where Vivian Johnson (Marianne Jean-Baptiste) heads the unit, Malone will get his old job back, which will complicate his new relationship even further. (The Salt Lake Tribune 08/28/2008)

That’s why I was heartened by last week’s Without a Trace; one of the few crime shows I watch on television – not only watch but love, mainly because of the beautiful Anthony LaPaglia, who is perfect as Agent Jack Malone.

Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, Without a Trace is an American television show set in New York City, specifically about a fictitious full-time FBI missing persons unit. This last episode showed a man, a Guatemalan torturer, bound to a chair.

The viewer sees a fairly lethal-looking knife, held up to the camera and the voiceover says: “So, how far would you go to get the story?" At that point I thought, ‘here we go, it’s the 24 Jack Bauer phenomenon where nothing can be achieved without torture’, which, for some reason, certain producers believe titillates the masses. It does not.

But, in this episode of Without a Trace, a nasty CIA agent assures Jack Malone that the knife is just for show and you believe him. Minutes later, he slices off the victim’s thumb. Malone steps in immediately and lands him a swift punch which sends him reeling.

Now, the cynics among you will say that it was an excuse to use a bit of torture and follow it with a hasty “torture isn’t really very admirable” message. Maybe. Source: pressandjournal.co.uk

"But as a result, I did enjoy seeing the softer side of Jack again. A little glimpse of his old character will keep me watching next season to see if he will recover from the traumatic events of late. Part of me wondered whether that meant the pair were going to get back together, or was it just a friendly offer of support and help? I hope they do hook back up in the new season because I’m a sucker for a happy ending. I guess I’ll have to wait and see." Source: tvguide 080516 All by herself by Melissa Brazier Without a Trace finale

"I love WITHOUT A TRACE, I’m so invested in the Sam and Jack storyline that I thought I was going to vomit, watching Sam tell Jack about the being pregnant...Was anyone else secretly hoping that Sam was lying to Elena when she said the father was no one Elena knew? I was hoping Sam and Jack had one last fling and ended up with a baby. I’m so soap opera! Source: TVaddict.com, Blog, November 6th, 2007

"And characters on television series, Steinberg learned, are less fixed than two-hour film characters. They evolve over time and are shaded by their actors. "Anthony [LaPaglia] pushes the character darker than I had imagined him going, but I embrace it," Steinberg says. "It makes perfect sense to me that somebody doing this job for such a long time would carry that. We knew we were going to have an alienated wife and that he was a workaholic and felt this need to save everyone. But it wasn't until year two that we came up with the backstory idea of his mother's suicide being the core thing that drives him." LaPaglia's intensity, Steinberg says, became "an almost Freudian urge to save the world because he couldn't save his mother. It doesn't make him happy, and it will never be enough because there will always be another missing person." #

One of the most compelling reasons to watch CBS's Without a Trace is not its tense reconstruction of a missing person's life, nor its unsettling transitions between memory and evidence. The real suspense in the show centers on blonde Sam Spade (Poppy [Montgomery ] McGovern?) and her supervisor, Jack (Anthony LaPaglia), who may or may not have had an affair that may or may not have contributed to his divorce. Not that we, the viewers, have any idea what's going on: The show has never given us a line of dialogue to indicate that Sam and Jack investigated each other intimately after hours. Then again, the show has given us plenty of tense exchanges between the two whenever the issue of marital fidelity or fatherly obligation comes up, and the caution with which the characters choose their words betrays a world of unexamined subtext.

Would that it stay that way. For me, whether Sam and Jack will get all gabby about their boudoir business is no great cliffhanger. What I want to know is whether the creative team behind Without a Trace will be able to resist the temptation to bring a little romance into the office....(Source: citypages.com February 26, 2003)

Jack♥Samantha episode-related Quotes

Sam: [about a missing person's father]
He's barely got a pot to piss in and he's taking his daughter to a $300 dinner on a Saturday night?

Jack: Well, think about it. He abandons her when she's a kid. He doesn't know how to deal with it. Now he wants to be her best friend. It's classic guilt.

Sam: Is it guilt or romance? You don't go to Carmine's unless it's valentine's day or you're going to propose.

Jack: How would you know

Sam: Well, there's always Daddy Dearest. This way he gets the money and the girl.

Jack: You have a chip on your shoulder.

Sam: He's in love with her.

Jack: Probably.

Sam: Think Duncan knows?

Jack: Probably.

Sam: Maybe a safe place for her to land. He's familiar. He's got just as much to lose as she does.

Jack: I don't know. She lost a child. If she was looking for an escape, she probably picked somebody that was completely separate from her real life.

Sam: Is that from your infidelity handbook?

Jack: Chapter three.

Sam: Well, I hate to contradict the book, but if you're wrong, it leaves Duncan plenty of motive.

Sam: When a marriage isn’t working, divorce is the best option.

Jack: There's a lot more than pain here. There's a lot of secrets in this marriage.

Sam: Aren't there secrets in every marriage?

Sam: An ex-veterinarian takes over a high-school type boarding school

Jack: With what qualifications, looking after animals?

Sam: Well, high school's pretty rough these days.

Jack: Hilarious.

[Father-in-law of the missing person is a suspect]

Jack: He's afraid. He thinks we're on to something.

Sam: I'm sure he's quaking in his boots. We got nothing on him, Jack.

[Jack brings Sam a cup of coffee]

Sam: Ah, thank you.

Jack: Looks like I should have brought you eye drops.

Sam: Yeah, and you look like a million bucks.

[Looking through videos the missing girl made]

Sam: I've been sitting here all night looking for clues, looking for suspects. I mean, I'm not just seeing her I'm seeing... everything she sees and I keep thinking that if I get to know her maybe that'll help, you know? And then I think maybe I'll get to know her and it won't make any difference at all, it just...

[Starts to cry]

Sam: ... God, I'm sorry.
[Jack puts a hand on her shoulder]

Jack: This is... well, you're not supposed to get used to this. You're not. When you do... it's time to hang it up

Jack brings in the Joint Terrorism Task Force in about the Arabic doctor]

Sam: Jack, I, um... I think you're making a mistake. I think... that you have jumped the gun bringing in JTTF.

Jack: Yeah, well, that's my call.

Sam: You're right, it is your call. But just... think about it. I mean, after this investigation, do you think Anwar will be able to get a job in his field? Forget the CDC. He'll be lucky if the INS renews his VISA.

Jack: It's not my problem. Look, if any of this is making you uncomfortable I can transfer you to another case.

Sam: [coldly] No. I can manage.

Talking about a father-to-be

Jack: My wife was nuts about all this baby stuff, too. A lot of bedside reading. "Daddy, Who Are"..."Prepping Papa". This guy was really committed.

Sam: [flatly] Yeah, he's a real saint. Eight-and-a-half months pregnant and she's waiting on him hand and foot.

Jack: She brought him breakfast. He didn't ask her to go downstairs and rotate the tires on his car.

[after the husband has an outburst in which he threatens someone's life]

Sam: Wow. Well, that's refreshing. He's got the FBI in his lap and he still says whatever he's thinking.

Jack: Either that or he just can't control himself.

[Sam ask Jack about war medals]

Jack: Distinguished service medal... Bronze Star... Purple Heart... Silver Star... Vietnam Service Medal... Liberation of Kuwait.

Sam: Are they in order of importance?

Jack: Uh... no. If they were, it would be Silver Star first, then Bronze Star. It appears that they're in chronological order. Maybe the timeline of his career.

Sam: Well, then I think I know how his career ends. His service pistol's missing.

Sam take the long odds for Jack

Sam: Wow. Jack can't seem to catch a break, huh?

Elena Delgado: You're the only one who's backing him. Do you really think he's that good?

Sam: Honestly, I just figured I'd go for the long shot.

Jack inquirys if Sam had a date

Jack: Hope I didn't interrupt a big date or anything.

Sam: (smiles) No, just an intense game of solitaire.

Sam inquirys about Jack's Tie

Sam: What's with Jack's tie?

Elena: I tried asking. It didn't go well.

(JACK arrives at their desk.)

Jack: What didn't go well?

(SAMANTHA looks up, surprised. She tries to cover.)

Sam: Some records that we were looking for.

Elena: No. She was asking about the stripes.

Sam: Elena!

Elena: It's the truth.

Jack: It was a gift.

Sam: (laughs) No, it looks very nice. It's, ah, it's good.

Elena: Yeah. Told you. Who is she?

Jack: (self-conscious) I'll tell her that you liked the tie.

Sam searches for missing Jack

Sam: I'm going to ask you a question ok. I want to know if you've seen this man.
(guard doesn't reply)

Sam: I asked you a question. Have you seen this man?"

Guard: I've got nothing to say.

Sam: I'm going to ask you one more time. Have you seen him?
(Sam puts gun to his neck)

Guard: You won't do it.

Sam: You have no idea what I will do. Don't test me.

Jack: It's complicated. When you fall in love with your partner. (Jack held hostage.)

Sam goes to Jack.

Sam: Hey.

Jack: I heard you took the long odds on me.

Sam: I'm glad I was right.

Jack: Me too.

Jack: I hate to gloat.

Sam: Yes, I always think of you as someone who hates to be right.

Jack (smiles): Really?

Major Jack♥Samantha shipper moments

Pilot (Season One)

Sam: Think a fresh change of clothes will make up for a lost night's sleep?

Jack: Well, if I looked as good as you in black, I wouldn't need to change.

Sam: Jack...your collar.

Jack: You're starting to sound like my wife.

Sam: You should listen to your wife.

Jack: You do this for Dr. Fred?

Sam: Sure.

Jack: How is Dr. Fred?

Sam: Busy and unavailable, just the way I like 'em

He saw, She Saw (Season One)

Sam: Call me old-fashioned but when a marriage isn't working divorce is probably the answer.

(And this exchange was telling as well. I love the way Jack looks at her as she leaves...)

Jack: There's a lot more than pain here. There's a lot of secrets in this marriage.

Sam: Aren't their secrets in every marriage?

Sam: (concerned) Are you all right?

Jack: (confesses) Marie and I separated.

(JACK pulls off his glasses and rubs his tired eyes.)

Sam: When?

Jack: Three months ago.

Sam: Three months.

Jack (nods) Yeah.

Sam: Well, I don't know what to say.

Jack: Well, you know, we were trying to work it out, and, uh we're in kind of, uh ... limbo.

(SAMANTHA nods her head. She looks at JACK. For a moment, they don't say anything, each with their own thoughts.)

Sam: I'm going to go home.

Maple Street (Season One)

(SAMANTHA is up in front of the laptop. Behind her, JACK approaches carrying a cup of coffee for her. He puts it down on the table next to her.)

Sam: Ah. Thank you.

Jack: Looks like I should have brought you eye drops.

Sam: Yeah, and you look like a million bucks. […] I've been sitting here all night looking for clues, looking for suspects. I mean, I'm not just seeing her I'm seeing ... everything she sees and I keep thinking that if I get to know her maybe that'll help, you know? And then I think maybe I'll get to know her and it won't make any difference at all, it just ...

(SAMANTHA covers her eyes with her hands.) ... God, I'm sorry.

(JACK rubs her back.)

Jack: This is ... well, you're not supposed to get used to this. You're not. (She nods.) When you do ... it's time to hang it up.

Victory for Humanity (Season One)

Sam: I remember when I saw (my mother) ... just having someone look for me, that was enough to keep me from trying it again.

Jack: It's a good thing.

(SAM looks up at JACK. Their look holds.)

Sam: (quietly) Yeah.

(For a moment, they look at each other. JACK looks away.)

Jack: I got to, uh, pack up.
LYRICS: I can live with my regrets ..

Sam: All right. Me, too.

Jack: Good night.

Sam: Good night.

(SAMANTHA stands up and leaves the office.)

Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been (Season One)

JASON FARRELL: …Oh, oh, one other thing, Agent Spade. Have you and Agent Malone ever had a sexual relationship?

(This stops SAMANTHA cold.)

Sam: I beg your pardon?

JASON FARRELL: Unless you're going to go Clinton on me, it's a fairly straightforward question.

Sam: You have no right to ask me that.

JASON FARRELL: Actually, I do. Administrative Operation Procedures of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, section 23 ...

(FARRELL reaches for the manual and flips it open to the page.)

(SAMANTHA puts a hand to the bridge of her nose. She murmurs her incredulity at the man's audacity.)

JASON FARRELL: "A supervising agent--" that would be Agent Malone -- "is strictly forbidden from having a sexual relationship with an agent in his immediate reporting chain."

(He turns to look at SAMANTHA.)

JASON FARRELL: That would be you.

Sam: He asked me about us. He had all this stuff. Um, security card access records of nights that we left together; phone logs.

(JACK sits down next to SAMANTHA. He sighs.)

Jack: And what did you say?

Sam: I told him it wasn't true.

(JACK turns to look at SAMANTHA.)

Jack: You have no idea of what he knows or doesn't know. That's his ace up the sleeve -- that's how he wins.

Sam: I was just trying to protect you.

Jack: Yeah, but you didn't have to lie. Even if he had hard evidence, there's nothing he could do about it.

Sam: We broke at least half a dozen conduct codes.

Jack: And lying to an OPR investigator could get you fired.

Sam: And sleeping with an agent under your command could get you fired. (JACK pulls back a bit.) I'm sorry I lied. I was just trying to save your ass.

Sam: You were right, you know.

Jack: About what?

Sam: It was dumb to lie to Farrell […] You know, when Farrell asked me about us, my instinct was to tell him the truth ... because it's been really hard for me not telling anyone, ... being around you all the time and pretending like nothing never happened, you know?

Jack: (quietly) I know.

Sam: I don't think I was lying to save you. I think, in that moment, I thought maybe ... if I say this, if everybody knows ... then it really will be over.

(She pauses and looks at JACK.)

Sam: It is over, isn't it?

(JACK reaches out and lightly brushes his knuckles over the hair by her temple. He nods his head slightly.)

Jack: Yeah, it's over.

(SAMANTHA looks into JACK'S eyes, then nods her head also. She slowly leans into him and rests her head on his shoulder. JACK puts his arm around her and rests his cheek on the top of her head.)

So, that's it for Jack and Samantha, right? Not exactly...

Fallout (Season One)

PAULA VAN DOREN: And Special Agent Spade is one of these hostages?

Jack: Yes.

PAULA VAN DOREN: Mm-hmm. […] Drummond should step in and be the negotiator on this.

Jack: With all due respect to you and Drummond, I am knee-deep in this […], not to mention the fact that there's one of my agents in that bookstore.

PAULA VAN DOREN: Which is what makes me doubt whether or not you have proper objectivity - particularly because it's ... this agent, Jack.

Jack: (lowers his voice) Which is exactly why I should do it. Because if she tries to communicate something to me covertly, I am the best one to interpret it. I know her. Drummond doesn't.

BARRY MASHBURN: (yells back) What do you want?

Jack: I want Samantha!

(Camera cuts to: SAMANTHA on the floor, pale and shivering, fully aware that
JACK is standing just beyond the door.)

BARRY MASHBURN: And why should I give her to you?

Jack: (shouts) Because she is bleeding to death ...

(JACK takes a cautious step toward the bookstore.)

ack: ... and I know that you're not a murderer!

(BARRY glances back at SAMANTHA, fearing that what he says is true.)

BARRY MASHBURN: Well ... what do I get in return?

(Without hesitation, JACK answers him.)

Jack: Me. You get me.

(JACK walks toward the front door and doesn't stop till he gets there.)

Jack: Come on, Barry, it's a great trade!

(BARRY unlocks and opens the door and sees JACK standing in front of the store a good distance away.)

BARRY MASHBURN: (shouts) Who the hell are you?!

Jack: I'm the guy you've been talking to. (JACK takes off his badge and shows it to BARRY.) Jack Malone, FBI.

BARRY MASHBURN: Well, what do you want?

Jack: I want to come in.

BARRY MASHBURN: No way!

Jack: (coaxing) Yeah, yeah, come on, let me in ...
(JACK takes off his tie and throws it aside.)

Jack: Look, I got nothing, all right?! […]
(He takes off his jacket and drops it to the ground.)

Jack: […] No gun. I'm not wired ... […] Nothing, see?

BARRY MASHBURN: (yells back) What do you want?

Jack: I WANT Samantha!

(Camera cuts to: SAMANTHA on the floor, pale and shivering, fully aware that

(JACK is standing just beyond the door.)

BARRY MASHBURN: And why should I give her to you?

Jack: (shouts) Because she is bleeding to death ...

(JACK takes a cautious step toward the bookstore.)

Jack: ... and I know that you're not a murderer!

BARRY MASHBURN: Well ... what do I get in return?

(Without hesitation, JACK answers him.)

Jack: Me. You get me.

Jack: Every day is the same. […] And you just get a little tied up in your ... job, your kids, your life. Pretty soon you forget the last time you had a real feeling.

BARRY MASHBURN: What about, um ... what about Samantha?
JACK: What about her?

BARRY MASHBURN: Well, you seem to have a particular attachment to her.

Jack: That's fairly observant, Barry.

BARRY MASHBURN: Yeah. Is that why you traded yourself for her?

Jack: I don't know.

BARRY MASHBURN: You were willing to trade your life for her life.

Jack: In that moment, yes, I was.

Revelations (Season Two)

Sam: (quietly, her voice full of hurt and uncertainty) I just feel like you've lost faith in me.

(JACK stares at SAM for an eternally long beat, then, he looks down at her hands. He reaches out and covers both her hands with his, hesitant to touch her yet unwilling to pull away. He looks down at their hands, then up at her.)

Jack: Nobody has lost faith in you. (beat) Least of all me.

(Instead of answering him, SAM reaches out and lightly fingers JACK'S wedding ring. JACK looks down at the motion.)

(He swallows.)

Jack: Come on, I'll walk you out.

(He stands up and waits for her. She grabs her jacket off the back of her chair, stands and they both head out to the door. JACK puts his hand lightly on the back of her shoulders to guide her out. He drops his hand back down to his side, then slips them into his pockets.)

Lost & Found (Season Two)

Sam: Aren't you going to miss this? (She glances sideways at JACK. He turns to look at her.) […]

(She turns to look at him fully.)

Jack: (eyes still on SAMANTHA) Yeah, I'm going to miss it.

Sam: I was just talking to (my therapist). […] About you.

Jack: (nods) Oh.

Sam: About us, I should say.

Jack: I'm afraid to ask.

Sam: Don't be. It's, um ... What we had, it was good. It was what we both needed at the time.

Jack: Yeah, I guess it was.

Sam: In another life, maybe?

Jack: Maybe.

Sam: Yeah.

(They're quiet for a moment.)

Sam: I, um ... (she swallows) ... I really hope that you and Maria will be happy in Chicago.

Jack: (sighs) I'm sorry if I ever hurt you.

Sam: Me, too.

Jack: I better keep doing this or I'm going to lose my nerve.

(JACK turns around and slowly walks back to the wall […])

(SAM watches him for a moment, then turns.)

(JACK takes the frame down then […] he looks over and sees SAM […] start to slide the books off the shelf, (she) stops and looks over to find JACK watching her.[…] Camera slowly pulls back on JACK and SAM standing over the boxes. They turn to look at each other before JACK goes to remove the next frame on the wall.)(ALL quotes transcribed from LJ Shipper's manifesto)

Nickel and Dimed II (Season Three)

(Samantha and Jack meet.)

Sam: Floor Manager seems like the best choice for a recruiter. He's the
only one with access to the whole floor. (Samantha stretches her neck.)

Jack: What's the matter?

Sam: My whole body hurts from those stupid machines.

Jack: Turn around.

(Jack turns Samantha around so that her back is to him.)
Come on.

(He starts massaging her shoulders.)

Jack: So who do you think the mule is?

Sam: (shakes her head) I don't know, Jack. It's so hard to keep my eye on everybody when I've got to move forty pieces an hour. I'm going to have to start asking my coworkers out for beers after work.

Jack: I got something for you.

(He reaches into the car through the open car window and takes out a large pot with a yellow daisy in it. She looks at it, puzzled.)

Jack: Put it in your windowsill. If you're in trouble, take it out.

Sam: Okay.

(She takes it from him.)

Sam: You know, if you really cared about me ... you wouldn't have told my boss that I could lift eighty pounds.

Jack: (deadpans) I didn't. I told him you could dead lift a hundred and fifty. (They laugh.)

Nickel and Dimed II (Deleted massage scene)

This of course is a voice-over as various shots of the massage scene play, and one take has Jack asking, "Is that better?" Sam answers, "Yeah, it's good." Source:YTDAW/The Insider

[EXT. BRIDGE -- NIGHT]

(Samantha reports to Jack.)

Sam: Howie. Eight hours a day standing right next to me. I can't believe I wasn't on to him.

Jack: You've only been working there for a couple of days. You would have figured it out eventually, even if Barr hadn't showed up.

Sam: I don't know. Look, this is Barr's license plate number. It's a
dark blue Ford, F150 king cab.

Jack: I'll track it down.

Sam: You know, I think Howie picked Joanna to make the run. He's been working on her all morning.

Jack: Mm-hmm.

Sam: Did we find Colleen yet?

Jack: No.

Sam: What happened to her son?

Jack: Social Services put him back with his father.

Sam: If we find Colleen's body, are you going to pull the plug on this assignment?

Jack: Why don't you just keep deburring whatever it is you're deburring. Keep an eye on Joanna. Maybe you'll see something that can help us.

(Samantha nods.)

Jack: Okay.

(Jack turns and leaves.)

(Samantha meets with Jack at Bridge)

Sam: Look, Jack, all I need is a couple more days. Just long enough for them to make contact with me about the drop.

Jack: We're not set up for you to go deep undercover.

Sam: (shouts) Then set it up, Jack! Listen, if I don't do this, this
whole case is based on paper trails, and sketches. We'll be lucky if we bust a couple of low-level guys on minor drug charges. Do you get that?

Jack: It's not your decision, do you understand that?

Sam: You know, if we didn't have a history, you would let me do this, no questions asked.

Jack: It's got nothing to do with our history.

Sam: Then the only conclusion I can jump to is that you don't trust me. Jack, please.

Malone Vs Malone (Season Three)

(Samantha is standing in front of the filing cabinet, a file folder in front of her. She's staring at it - remembering ...)

Jack: (v.o.) I'm looking for a small town in Wisconsin.

(Quick flashback to: [INT. SAM'S PLACE - BEDROOM -- EVENING]

(It's raining outside. Jack and Samantha are lying on the bed - her head is on
his chest and his arm is around her shoulders. With a pencil in his other hand,
he's working on a crossword puzzle.)

Jack: Seven letters, starts with a "B."

Sam: Mm. Okay, let's see. Um ... bayside.

Jack: Mm-hmm.

Sam: Baldwin.

Jack: (smiles) Mm-hmm.

(Samantha chuckles.)

Sam: Baraboo

Jack: Baraboo?

Sam: Yeah. It's the home of the Circus World Museum.

Jack: Get out. You've been there?

Jack: When?

Sam: Class trip. Eighth grade. Snuck off with Stephanie Lowe to smoke pot. Almost got left behind. Can you imagine being stuck in a place called
Baraboo?

Jack: Uh-uh. What's more incredible is that it fits.

(There's a long pause.)

Sam: What are we doing, Jack?

Jack: We're laying on your bed, listening to the rain, doing a crossword
puzzle. It's nice.

Sam: Come on.

(After a long moment, Jack sighs and puts his pencil down.)

Jack: I don't know.

John Micheals (Season Three)

[INT. JACK'S PLACE -- DAY]

(Jack sits on the couch, drinks and puts the glass down. The door creaks open as Samantha walks into the room. Jack's living room is nearly bare and the wall shelves in the back are sparse. The coffee table is in front of him)

Sam: Hey.

Jack: Hey.

Sam: The door was open.

Jack: Was it?

(She walks around the sofa.)

Sam: Are you all right?

Jack: Yeah. I just came back to change my shirt and freshen up a little.

(She looks at him.)

Sam: Right. Well, preliminary forensics show that Michaels was not in Freddy Katan's car (she sits down next to Jack), and Freddy was at the club when Helen was killed.

Jack: Or he could have sent someone.

Sam: I don't see why he would. Not with us breathing down his neck. here's got to be something else going on.

Jack: You know, I should never have left them there. I should have sent protection.

Sam: You didn't know, Jack. Can I just say, uh ... you don't seem like yourself lately.

Jack: I don't really feel like myself lately.

(She sees the prescription on the table.)

Sam: Did Dr. Harris prescribe these for you?

Jack: (nods) Mm-hmm.

Sam: Pretty strong stuff.

Jack: Oh, you're one of the people who's concerned for me.

Sam: We're all concerned for you.

(He nods.)

(He puts his arm around her shoulders. He pulls her closer and leans forward to kiss her.)

Sam: (alarmed) Jack ...

(She starts struggling against him.)

Sam: Jack! Jack!

(The phone rings.)

Samantha: Jack! Jack!

(She pushes him away from her.)(angry)

Sam: What are you doing?!

Jack: Sorry, okay?

Sam: God!

Jack: I don't know what I was doing. It was just ...

(Samantha stands up and answers her phone.)

Tail Spin(Season Five)

Jack: Is this seat taken?

(Sam indicates he’s free to sit down. Jack sits down and sighs. Samantha continues writing in her file.)

Jack: I'm sorry about what happened before.

Sam: If you don't want me knowing about your personal life, that fine. But don't come to me and tell me that Anne's pregnant, and then the next day act like I'm butting in. I don't care what you do with your personal life anymore, okay? I don't.

(Sam goes back to writing in her file. Jack clears his throat.)

Jack: If there was anyone ... that I was going to confide in ... (She lifts her head and looks at him.) ... it would be you.

(Jack looks away and shakes his head.)

Jack: But I don't even know where to start.

At Rest (Season Five)

(Jack looks at Samantha.)

Jack: Sorry to blindside you like that.

Sam: You made it impossible for me to tell the truth without getting you in trouble

(The elevator bell dings.)

Jack: I know.

(They step into the elevator.)

Jack: So did you get the bone marrow test?

Sam: I'm not a match, but they did an HLA test. It looks good for my mom

Jack: Great.

(The elevator doors close.)

Sam: I was gonna tell the truth.

(Jack nods.)

Sam: I'm kind of tired of being stuck in this.

Jack: But you're not stuck anymore. You did tell the truth ... to me.

Sam: What do I do? I just forget about it?

Jack: No. You learn how to forgive yourself. You learn how to forgive
yourself so that if you screw up, it's for something you do now, not for
something that happened decades ago that you have no control over.

(The elevator bell dings.)

Sam: (a small smile) Is that supposed to be wise?

Jack: No, not really.

(They step out into the hallway and walk a little.)

Jack: I’m just not ready to see you leave yet.

(They stop. Samantha turns and looks at Jack.)

Sam: I'm tired, Jack.

Jack: I know you are, honey. Why don't you take a couple days off?

Sam: (nods) I will.

(Samantha walks into the bullpen. Jack turns and heads back down the hallway toward his office.)

Jack♥Samantha shipper videos

Jack♥Samantha shipper FanFiction

FanFiction.Net - Without a Trace FanFiction Archive

Jack and Samantha Relationship JSR shipper forum

Jack♥Samantha title thread suggestions

The network wants to reunite (their) the flame
'fans' (are) interest in "that stuff" (source: ALP)
"...There was a romantic connection between Jack and Samantha Spade that the writers picked up on..."
"Something...connects her and Jack again very strongly"
Jack's relationship with Sam is "undetermined"
Don't be surprised to see some romance...later in the season
He's now a street agent, but still boss of her heart
He searched for her, and she told him "You found me."
Jack told her "You don't have to do this alone anymore."
PM roots for Jack and Sam to rekindle their romance
PM & ALP "really want them back together"
"It’s a great love story"
PM "would love to see them ride off into the sunset together..."
There’s so much drama between them
Even Jack's boss believes "Maybe, in another life" (for JSR)
They love and are in love with each other
Their love/feelings for one another haven't faded nor died
A romantic connection existed before the writers picked up on
It's not over, it never was
He has a particular attachment to her
They inject a little sex in their scenes
They will get it on again
There is a lot of chemistry between them
They got it bad, and they have what they both need
She has what he needs
Jack "has been a bad boy"
While sleeping with the enemy, she still pines for him
Nothing compares to him
The enemy within couldn't replace him
Without him, she forfeits a white picket fence and kids
She isn't just anyone to him
In another life, they'll be together
What they had, it was good, what they both needed
He has a lot to confide, but he doesn't know where to start
She's his confidante
He's just not ready to see her leave
He's her life
Love will never keep them apart
He knows how to comfort her
They have their own regular spot
They're guilty of PSV's
He isn't ready to see her leave
She has seen his scars
Their romance isn't over
No one else exists when they're together
He's the boss of her heart
They're two old souls made for each other
He thanks her for checking in
He's got nowhere to go but back to her
He's alone and grumpy without her
She's his willing subordinate
She's his blond bombshell
She lost something in the office (him)
Their love story is far from over
She helps him feel again
They love, long and lust for each other
Their spark will ignite again
He's her future husband
He's her doll, she's his honey
Love is better the second time
Their feelings haven't faded nor died
She loves and is in love with him
She took the long odds for him and she was right
She makes him feel again
He doesn't want her to lie about them
She wants everyone to know about them
They will ride off in the sunset

Its creator Hank Steinberg says they (Jack♥Samantha) love and are in love with each other.

Last edited by goldenbean1029; 04-15-2010 at 04:11 PM Reason: Updates
goldenbean1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread Nina!! The opening post is amazing

Is tonight's episode the one where Jack goes missing

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
sam_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:22 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_doc (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread Nina!! The opening post is amazing

Is tonight's episode the one where Jack goes missing
You're welcome.

Yes, It is. I'm looking forward to tonight's ep, and can't wait to see Sam's reaction.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

We waited so long we deserve some J/S moments Sadly I have to wait until tomorrow morning to watch the episode, I hate timezones

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 04-03-2008, 05:44 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
We waited so long we deserve some J/S moments Sadly I have to wait until tomorrow morning to watch the episode, I hate timezones
According to Poppy, we will get our J/S moments. I'm counting down the hours for the ep premiere.

BTW, I changed the title thread to "He is her ex-lover, and her future beau'.

Last edited by goldenbean1029; 04-03-2008 at 05:51 AM
Old 04-03-2008, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbean1029 (View Post)
According to Poppy, we will get our J/S moments. I'm counting down the hours for the ep premiere.
Poppy is the #1 shipper of Jack and Sam, it's so great

Quote:
BTW, I changed the title thread to "He is her ex-lover, and her future beau'
Fine with me, sounds good

Icon

- Andi
Old 04-03-2008, 06:07 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Poppy is the #1 shipper of Jack and Sam, it's so great

Fine with me, sounds good
I love Poppy for being our #1 supporter. I knew you wouldn't mind the title change.
I can't wait for him to become her beau. Just imagine the scenes.

Last edited by goldenbean1029; 04-03-2008 at 08:56 AM
Old 04-03-2008, 12:09 PM
New Fan

Quote:

Think of me, I have to wait for the week end in ......... and I cannot it any more, it is long.

I hope as you whom the end of season will see Sam and Jack advancing of the same step on the future
js4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4ever (View Post)
Think of me, I have to wait for the week end in ......... and I cannot it any more, it is long.

I hope as you whom the end of season will see Sam and Jack advancing of the same step on the future
Apparently, the season six finale "will bring them closer." I wonder how, when, and under what circumstance would they get closer.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

love this thread! a great opening post so i can see all the things i missed!

next weeks episode is gonna be so angsty! im gonna stock up on tissues!
KerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerBear (View Post)

next weeks episode is gonna be so angsty! im gonna stock up on tissues!
Me too, the last episode was awesome

I like Jack's new hair cut, and at the end I was on the edge of my seat
Also, we got one J/S scene, which was great

Icon

- Andi
Old 04-04-2008, 12:59 PM
New Fan

Very beautiful episode in ......... the scene Jack / Sam was just delicious.

On the other hand I do not like the new hairstyle of jack, I prefer it like that:

Old 04-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Total Fan

Seeing Jack with short hair reminds me of season three Malone. He looked hot with his new coiff.

But, I felt so bad for him too. His flashback with Vivian, as he's reflecting upon his life, mentioning his marriage, kids and job, was morbid. He feels he doesn't have anyone in his life; he screwed everything and everyone he loves. Jack could be reassessing his life, and he mostly likely hasn't figured Sam continues loving him despite all his flawless. She has been patiently waiting for him to approach her, and have him confront his true feelings for her. Jack isn't alone, Sam is waiting for you. He needs to make the move.

We got a J/S scene that was fabulous and sweet. I love how Sam was flashingback to remember their conversation. It's was shippy. I loved their mutual eye-sex. He was gazing at her so lovingly, and she kept his gaze. It was hot! He compliments her, and assures her she'll be fine. We even see him smile and grin at her. He so cares for her. We need to major, major J/S scene to end this season.

Last edited by goldenbean1029; 04-04-2008 at 10:41 PM
Old 04-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Elite Fan

I totally agree with you Nina!

You cold see how much they care for each other, the episode was really good, and I can't wait for next week!

I hope Sam asks Jack for help with the baby, and give him a second chance to be a good father (figure).

Icon

- Andi
Old 04-05-2008, 04:59 AM
New Fan

I hope Sam asks Jack for help with the baby, and give him a second chance to be a good father (figure).

I really hope that that is going to take place in this way.

During this episode, there are moments when I had tears with eyes so it is strong. For example, the discussion between Jack and Viv in the car.

Jack in the completely lost air(sight), concerning a severe judgment its life.
Reply   Post New Thread