Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I forgot about another moment that I love.

IANTO: Are you going back to him?
JACK: I came back for you.

Sure he ended it with "all of you" but we all know what he meant.

Have you heard the radio plays Dead Line and House of Dead yet bb? They have LOTS of Jack/Ianto moments. Including the "Blip in time" quote that I always quote and not to mention the fact that we finally finally hear Jack say "I love you" to Ianto in House of Dead. Its amazing.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Psychically Linked ღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Sure he ended it with "all of you" but we all know what he meant.
The first time I watched that scene.. I replayed it over and over about ten times Jack stares directly at Ianto when he says it and it made my fangirly heart go pitter patter

I actually haven't heard any of the radio plays but I definitely will when I get around to it Everyone tells me how awesome they are
Old 09-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Hah i know I've watched it a bazillion times too. The look on Ianto's face when Jack looks at him is so

By the way bb I LOVE your sig. That is one of the funniest moments ever from Gareth and James lol. The Buffy fangirl in me also loves that James mentioned Sarah hahaha. But Gareth oh bb Gareth. I love in the beginning he was like "I dont have to answer that question, its not in my contract....anymore." Lmfao. I love you Gareth.

Though about the whole "I love you" thing, I think Jack/Ianto were possibly the only couple that I never had to hear them say that to each other but I just KNEW that they loved each other. It was always there in their actions. Jack is more of a shower, not a teller, and I think Ianto knew that about him. Ianto's definitely not a talker himself so it made it perfect. But you could see that they loved each other.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know right... gah.. these two just give themselves away when they look at each other like that

Aww, thanks Gareth is the fcking man... he is soo bloody awesome and chill and he just really knows how to rev the crowd up. I also loved James reaction to Gareth saying that I also loved that James mentioned Sarah James seemed to fit right in with the Torchwood cast

Quote:
Though about the whole "I love you" thing, I think Jack/Ianto were possibly the only couple that I never had to hear them say that to each other but I just KNEW that they loved each other. It was always there in their actions. Jack is more of a shower, not a teller, and I think Ianto knew that about him. Ianto's definitely not a talker himself so it made it perfect. But you could see that they loved each other.
Oh absolutely.. I never felt cheated by the show at all, because like you said.. Jack showed his love for Ianto in many, many other ways. I could always see how much they meant to each other and I actually liked the less subtle approach for Jack/Ianto.. I think it makes their story so much more special and unique
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Addicted Fan

I have always liked the Jack and Ianto relationship. It was so sad on 'Children of Earth' when they killed Ianto. I cried and I haven't watched any of the new episodes of season 4, I don't know if I even want to.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Elise

I haven't seen any of the new season either ... I think I probably will catch up on them, but without Ianto and Janto.. I don't really feel inclined to watch it
Old 09-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Elite Fan

I HAVE seen the new series of Torchwood. I actually like it. John and Eve are still there obviously, but it doesnt feel the ~same~ to me if you know what I mean. I mean the storyline is really good (Jack is mortal now), and Ianto gets mentioned quite a bit by Jack which is always nice, but its still not the same. I even dont mind the new characters. You should give it a try.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will definitely watch the new season when I get a chance, but I am very particular about things that I like and I absolutely adored Ianto and the whole Jack/Ianto relationship.. so I can't see me getting that into it.. infact I will probably dislike it

Btw, Stef your icon and sig are fantastic
Old 09-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

I dont ~mind~ it, but its just not Torchwood anymore if you know what I mean. The Hub is gone, they're in America, there's no aliens or even Weevils and they have an entirely new team. It might as well be a completely different show. If it wasnt for John Barrowman I wouldnt watch it at all honestly. But Ianto is mentioned a bunch of times so its good to know that Jack hasnt forgotten him. There was this one scene between Jack and Gwen that got me in particular:

GWEN: If this had happened earlier, the miracle, he'd still be here....Ianto.
JACK: I wish he were here now.

And in the first episode ever of Miracle Day Jack posed as a CIA agent who's name was "Owen Harper" which I loved. Lol.

Thanks! I love that whole epic interview with John, Gareth, and Naoko.Especially John and Gareth.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Ahhhh.. I can't even fathom the show.. not with that description. It doesn't sound like Torchwood at all And I would just miss Ianto and Jack/Ianto tooo much.. I don't know how I would cope seeing Jack being serious about anyone else.. I think it would kill me And I miss Tosh and Owen and just the old Torchwood

Awwwww.. that quote is gorgeous!!! Jack wants his Ianto with him
Old 09-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Girls your icons and sigs are gorgeous

That sounds so -------------- lame. I Can't believe there is not hub or Cardiff or aliens. I knew that it going to America and becoming Amercianized and losing one of it's most popular characters would be a descent for them. It's such ashame.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Well you know the Hub blew up when Jack did in CoE day 1. But yeah, there's no aliens although the everyone not dying storyline is pretty decent actually. And Gwen doesnt annoy me nearly as much in this series as she has in the past. I think Tosh, Owen, and Ianto dying within months of each other really made her grow up which I love. And the best part is she's not showing any signs at all of being interested in Jack anymore.

But yeah, its definitely not the same. Especially seeing as there's no Jack/Ianto which was mainly my reason for loving the show in the beginning. But Captain Jack is still Captain Jack so that makes it worth watching.

^ Oh and thank you bb! I'm glad we finally seem to have a ship we agree on haha.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

We all knew that the Hub blew up but in my stupid fangirly head I just always thought they would bring it back It just sounds like a completely different show. Don't get me wrong.. I will definitely be watching because like you said Jack is still there and I love him almost as much as I love Ianto. I love that Jack still mentions Ianto and I will probably end up enjoying Gwen if she isn't all over Jack But the passion I had for Torchwood is pretty much only for the first three seasons I can't imagine enjoying as much as I did without Ianto and Jack/Ianto Ianto was my whole reason for starting to watch this show
Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Hahaha you mean like Ron's house did in Deathly Hallows after it went up in flames in Half Blood Prince?

So I think we need some pretty in here and since I'm in a very John and Gareth mood:

And now for some actual Janto:

I think thats enough for now. I have way too many Jack/Ianto gifs that its almost sad

Old 09-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Exactly like Ron's house It was just such a huge staple of the show

Nawww, John and Gareth are so bloody cute I could watch a whole t.v show hour of just them.. they are so entertaining

Gorgeous gifs I love how nervous Jack is when he asks Ianto out It was adorable to see him unsure of Ianto's answer
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top