Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2009, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Jace♥Clary [Mortal Instruments series] #6 - Because Clary doesn't want anything else in the world except for Jace

Made by PJ_Believer

Welcome to the sixth Jace Wayland and Clary Fray appreciation thread

Made by PJ_Believer

Made by PJ_Believer

01. PJ_Believer
02. sethamgal
03. ~TaintedUnicorn~
04. ~Naleylove22~
05. Blankmixtape
06. JacksG13
07. Guinevere
08. Jemi♥Disney
09. DiagonalZipper
10. is_love
11. rachem_chul
12. SergeantPepper
13. lakers0604
14. dark_red
15. broken|smile
16. jules!
17. revolution.
18. AndLoveYelledNO

If you want to be added, comment on the thread or PM the person who started the thread

"I told you before, my name is not 'little girl,'" she said through her teeth. "It's Clary."
"I know," he said. "Pretty name. Like the herb, clary sage." (p. 44)

"I think I'd like a word with Clary," said Hodge. "Alone," he added firmly, seeing Jace's expression.
Alec stood up. "Fine. We'll leave you to it."
"That's hardly fair," Jace objected. "I'm the one who found her. I'm the one who saved her life! You want me here, don't you?" he applealed, turning to Clary. (p.74)

"You guessed? You must have been pretty sure, considering you could've killed me."
He pressed a button in the wall, and the elevator lurched into action with a vibrating groan that she felt all the way through the bones in her feet. "I was ninety percent sure."
"I see," Clary said.
There must have been something in her voice, because he turned to look at her. Her hand cracked across his face, a slap that rocked him back on his heels. He put his hand to his cheek, more in surprise than pain. "What the hell was that for?"
"The other ten percent." (p.83-84)

She nearly forgotten that Jace was cute, given everything that had happened. He didn't have Alec's delicate cameo looks, but Jace's face was more interesting. In daylight his eyes were the colour of golden syrup and were ... looking right at her. He cocked an eyebrow. "Can I help you with something?"
Clary turned instant traitor against her gender. "Those girls on the other side of the car are staring at you."
Jace assumed an air of mellow gratification. "Of course they are," he said. "I am stunningly attractive." (p.84)

"Stay away from my blades. In fact, don't touch any of my weapons without my permission."
"Well, there goes my plan for selling them on eBay," Clary muttered.
"Selling them on what?"
"A mythical place of great magical power." (p.98)

"Yeah, well, you clearly also couldn't be bothered to call me and tell me you were shacking up with some dyed-blonde wannabe goth you probably met at Pandemonium," Simon pointed out sourly. "After I spent the past three days wondering if you were dead."
"I was not shacking up." Clary said, glad of the darkness as the blood rushed to her face.
"And my hair is naturally blonde," said Jace. "Just for the record." (p. 110)

Clary frowned at him. "Why are you always such an asshat?"
"An asshat?" Jace looked as if he were about to laugh. (p. 133)

"I don't want someone else inside my head," she said weakly. She knew he was right, but the idea of turning herself over to beings that even Shadowhunters thought were creepy sent a chill through her blood.
"I'll go with you," said Jace. "I'll stay with you while they do it." (p. 152)

She bolted upright in bed, gasping, hair plastered to her neck with cold sweat. Her wrists were held in a hard grip; she tried to pull away, then realised who was restraining her. "Jace?"
"Yeah." He was sitting on the edge of the bed - how had she gotten into a bed? - looking tousled and half-awake, with early morning hair and sleepy eyes.
"Let go of me."
"Sorry." His fingers slipped from her wrists. (p. 154)

"It's so ... dark," she said lamely.
"You want me to hold your hand?"
Clary put both her hands behind her back like a small child. "Don't talk down to me."
"Well, I could hardly talk up to you. You're too short." (p. 171)

"Is this when you start tearing strips off your T-shirt to bind up my wound?" she joked. She hated the sight of blood, especially her own.
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you could have just asked." He dug into his pocket and brought out his stele. "It would have been a lot less painful." (p.176)

Jace look wounded. "A diary with no drawings of me in it? Where are the torrid fantasies? The romance covers? The-"
"Do all girls you meet fall in love with you?" Clary asked quietly.
The question seemed to deflate him, like a pin popping a ballon. "It's not love," he said, after a pause. "At least-"
"You could try not be charming all the time," Clary said. "It might be a relief for everyone." (p. 191)

"Happy birthday, Clarissa Fray."
She was oddly touched. "Thank you."
"I have something for you," he said. He dug into his pocket and brought out something, which he pressed into her hand. It was a gray stone, slightly uneven, worn to smoothness in spots.
"Huh," said Clary, turning it over in her fingers. "You know, when most girls say they want a big rock, they don't mean, you know, literally a big rock." (p.288)

"But she's so beautiful."
"So are you," said Jace, "and very different from how she is, and she can't help but notice that. She's always wanted to be small and delicate, you know. She hates being taller than most boys."
Clary said nothing to this, because she had nothing to say. Beautiful. He's called her beautiful. Nobody had ever called her that before, except her mother, which didn't count. (p. 290)

It was at first almost as if he hadn't wanted to kiss her. His mouth was hard on hers, unyielding; then he put both arms around her and pulled her against him. His lips softened. She could feel the rapid beat of his heart, taste the sweetness of apples still on his mouth. She wound her hands into his hair, as she'd wanted to do since the first time she'd seen him. His hair curled around her fingers, silky and fine. Her heart was hammering, and there was a rushing sound in her ears, like beating wings- (p.290)

He bent to kiss her, cupping her face with his free hand. Their lips touched, lightly at first, and then with a stronger pressure. (p. 291)

"I didn't invite him into bed," Clary snapped. "We were just kissing."
"Just kissing?" Jace's tone mocked her with its false hurt. "How swiftly you dismiss our love." (p.292)

"Clary." His voice was almost unrecognisable. "Clary, what are you doing here?"
Her voice was muffled against his shirt. "I came for you."
"You shouldn't have." His grip on her loosened suddenly; he stepped back, holding her a little away from him. "My God," he said, touching her face. "You idiot, what a thing to do." His voice was angry, but the gaze that swept her face, the fingers that gently brushed her hair back, were tender. She had never seen him look like this; there was a sort of fragility about him, as if he might be not just touched but hurt, even. "Why don't you ever think?" he whispered.
"I was thinking," she said. "I was thinking about you."
He closed his eyes for a moment. "If anything had happened to you ..." His hands traced the line of her arms gently, down to her wrists, as if to reassure himself that she was really there. (p. 394)

"And Jace is so much better when you're around."
Clary's eyes widened. "He is?"
"He is, actually. Less sharp-edged, somehow. It's not so much that he's kinder, but that he lets you see the kindness in him." (p. 434)

Clary had said nothing in response. There was no point telling him how badly she wanted Jace not to be her brother. You couldn't rip out your own DNA, no matter how much you wished you could. No matter how much it make you happy. (p. 21)

"I go with you," Clary said quickly.
"I know." Jace's voice was low. "And I want you to." (p. 49)

"Well," she said grudingly, "I know about ******* brothers. I guess it's not her fault."
"It's not," said Simon. "But she's maybe the only person he might listen to." (p. 51)

"Clary," he said. "What are you doing here?"
"I came to find you," she said, because it was the truth.
A spasm went across his face. "You're really here? I'm not - I'm not dead, am I?"
"No," she said, gliding her hand down the side of his face. "You passed out, is all. Probably hit your head too."
His hand came up to cover hers where it lay on his cheek. "Worth it," he said in such a low voice that she wasn't sure it was what he'd said, after all. (p. 108 - 109)

She could feel the dank heaviness of her clothes, cold and itchy against her skin, and the cloying sweet air of the cave, colder yet, and the weight of Jace's hands on her shoulders, the only things that were warm. And then he kissed her.
She felt the brush of his lips, light at first, and her own opened automatically beneath the pressure. Almost against her will she felt herself go fluid and pliant, stretching upward to twine her arms around his neck the way that a sunflower twists toward light. His arms slid around her, his hands knotting in her hair, and the kiss stopped being gentle and became fierce, all in a single moment like tinder flaring a blaze. Clary heard a sound like a sigh rush through the Court, all around them, a wave of noise, but it meant nothing, was lost in the rush of her blood through her veins, the dizzying sense of weightlessness in her body.
Jace's hand moved from her hair, slid down her spine; she felt the hard press of his palms against her shoulder blades - and then he pulled away, gently disengaging himself, drawing her hands away from his neck and stepping back. (p. 163)

"It's your fault," she said suddenly, rage gathering around her heart. "You shouldn't of kissed me like that."
He was leaning against the door frame; now he stood up straight. "How should I have kissed you? Is there another way you like it?" (p. 168)

"Jace," she said. "Why are you doing this to me?"
"Because you're lying to me. And you're lying to yourself." Jace's eyes were blazing, and even though his hands were stuffed into pockets, she could see that they were knotted into fists.
Something inside Clary cracked and broke, and words came pouring out. "What do you want me too tell you? The truth? The truth is that I love Simon like I should love you, and I wish he was my brother and you weren't, but I can't do anything about that and neither can you! Or do you have some ideas, since you're so goddamned smart?" (p. 169-170)

He touched her face, gently, with the back of his hand. "You disappear so completely into your head sometimes," he said. "I wish I could follow you."
You do, she wanted to say. You live in my head all the time. (p. 323)

"I almost died back there on the ship, you know."
He let her hand go, but he was staring at her, almost as if he meant to memorize her face. "I know," he said. "Every time you almost die, I almost die myself." (p. 407-408)

"You're my sister," he said finally. "My sister, my blood, my family. I should want to protect you" -he laughed soundlessly and without any humour- "to protect you from the sort of boys who want to do with you exactly what I want to do."
Clary's breath caught. "You said you just wanted to be my brother from now on."
"I lied," he said. "Demons lie, Clary. You know, there are some kinds of wounds you can get when you're a Shadowhunter- internal injuries from demon poison. You don't even know what's wrong with you, but you're bleeding to death slowly inside. That's what it's like, just beign your brother."
"But Aline-"
"I had to try. And I did." His voice was lifeless. "But God knows, I don't want anyone but you. I don't even want to want anyone but you." He reached out, trailed his fingers lightly through her hair, fingertips brushing her cheek. "Now at least I know why."
Clary's voice had sunk to a whisper. "I don't want anyone but you, either." (p. 209)

He bent down, his lips against her cheek, brushing it lightly-and still that light touch sent shivers through her nerves, shivers that made her whole body tremble. "If you want me to stop, tell me now," he whispered. When she still said nothing, he brushed his mouth against the hollow of her temple. "Or now." He traced the line of her cheeksbone. "Or now." His lips were against hers. "Or-"
But she had reached up and pulled him down to her, and the rest of his words were lost against her mouth. He kissed her gently, carefully, but it wasn't gentleness she wanted, not now, not after all this time, and she knotted her fists in his shirt, pulling him harder against her. He groaned softly, low in his throat, and then his arms circled her, gathering her against him, and they rolled over on the grass, tangled together, still kissing. There were rocks digging into Clary's back, and her shoulder ached where she'd fallen from the window, but she didn't care. All that existed was Jace; all she felt, hoped, breathed, wanted, and saw was Jace. Nothing else mattered. (p. 210)

“There is no pretending,” Jace said with absolute clarity. “I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that, I’ll love you then.” (p. 331)

“Tomorrow by midnight we’ll be either at war or under Valentine’s rule. This could be the last night of our lives, certainly the last even barely ordinary one. The last night we go to sleep and get up just as we always have. And all I could think of was that I wanted to spend it with you.”
Her heart skipped a beat. “Jace – “
“I don’t mean it like that,” he said. “I won’t touch you, not if you don’t want me to. I know it’s wrong – God, it’s all kinds of wrong – but I just want to lie down with you and wake up with you, just one, just one ever in my life.” There was desperation in his voice. “It’s just this one night. In the grand scheme of things, how much can one night matter?” (p. 322)

She laced her fingers through his. "Good night," she whispered. With their hands clasped like children in a fairy tale, she fell asleep beside him in the dark. (p. 334)

"You're alive," she whispered. "Really alive."
With a slow wonderment he reached to touch her face. "I was in the dark," he sais softly. "There was nothing there but shadows, and I was a shadow, and I knew that I was dead, and that it was over, all of it. And I heard your voice. I heard you say my name, and it brought me back."
"Not me." Clary's throat tightened. "The Angel brought you back."
"Because you asked him to." Silently he traced the outline of her fingers, as if reasurring himself that she was real. "You could have had anything else in the world, and you asked for me."
She smiled up at him. Filthy as he was, covered in blood and dirt, he was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen. "But I don't want anything else in the world." (p. 498)

“Since I’ve met you, everything I’ve done has been in part because of you. I can’t untie myself from you, Clary – not my heart or my blood or my mind or any other part of me. And I don’t want to.”
“You don’t?” she whispered.
He took a step towards her. His gaze was fastened on her face, as if he couldn’t look away. “I always thought love made you stupid. Made you weak. A bad Shadowhunter. To love is to destroy. I believed that.”
She bit her lip, but she couldn’t look away from him, either.
“I used to think being a good warrior meant not caring,” he said. “About anything, myself especially. I took every risk I could. I flung myself in the path of demons. I think I gave Alec a complex about what kind of fighter he was, just because he wanted to live.” Jace smiled unevenly. “And then I met you. You were a mundane. Weak. Not a fighter. Never trained. And then I saw how much you loved your mother, loved Simon, and how you’d walk into hell to save them. You did walk into that vampire hotel. Shadowhunters with a decade of experience wouldn’t have tried that. Love didn’t make you weak, it made you stronger than anyone I’d ever met. And I realized I was the one who was weak.”
“No.” She was shocked. “You’re not.”
“Maybe not anymore.” He took another step, and now he was close enough to touch her. “Valentine couldn’t believe I’d killed Jonathan,” he said. “Couldn’t believe it because I was the weak one, and Jonathan was the one with more training. By all rights he probably should have killed me. He nearly did. But I thought of you - I saw you there, clearly, as if you were standing in front of me, watching me, and I knew I wanted to live, wanted it more than I’d ever wanted anything, if only so that I could see your face one more time.”
She wished she could move, wished she could reach out and touch him, but she couldn't. Her arms felt frozen at her sides. His face was close to hers, so close that she could see her own reflection in the pupils of his eyes.
“And now I’m looking at you,” he said, “and you’re asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before – bits of myself to the Lightwoods, to Isabelle and Alec, but it took years to do it – but, Clary, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me.” (p. 531-532)

His arms went around her, lifting her almost out of her sandals, and then he was kissing her - or she was kissing him, she wasn't sure, and it didn't matter. The feel of his mouth on hers was electric; her hands gripped his arms, pulling him hard against her. The feel of his heart was pounding through his shirt made her dizzy with joy. No one else's heart beat like Jace's did, or ever could. (p. 532 - 533)

"There," he said. "That wasn't so bad, was it, even though it wasn't forbidden?"
"I've had worse," she said, with a shaky laugh.
"You know," he said, bending to brush his mouth across hers, "if it's the lack of forbidden you're worried about, you could still forbid me to do things."
"What kind of things?"
She felt him smile against her mouth. "Things like this." (p. 533)

"Clary," Jace said, breaking her out her reverie. He tightened his arms around her, and she raised her head; the crowd was cheering as the first of the rockets went up. "Look." (p. 541)

Because they always save each other
Because they can't fight or help how they feel
Because they don't want to be related
Because Jace is overprotective of Clary
Beacause Jace would rather be alone than not be without Clary
Because Clary's wish was to save Jace
Because Jace remembered Clary's birthday
Because Jace thinks of Clary as being beautiful
Because Clary always seem to find Jace, even when they are in danger
Because if Clary wanted to rip Jace's clothes off, she could just ask him
Because even when Clary was denying her love for Jace, the Seelie Queen still knew in Clary's heart that wasn't true
Because Isabelle saw the change that Clary had on Jace when she entered their lives
Because Clary has a calming effect on Jace
Because Clary was jealous of Jace being with Aline and Jace was jealous of Clary being with Simon
Because Jace gave a big rock for Clary's birthday and she didn't expect it
Because even when they were related, Jace didn't care, he still wanted her
Because even though Alec was jealous of Clary, he knew deep down Jace loved her
Because Cassandra is Team Jace and that means she wants Jace and Clary together
Because Jace will love Clary until the day he dies
Because even when they were going to war, Jace wanted to lie in bed with Clary
Because Clary's always thinking of Jace even when they are in danger
Because Jace wants to follows Clary in her head and he does, all the time
Because Clary doesn't want anything else in the world except for Jace
Because whether he is Jace Wayland/Morgenstern/Herondale/Lightwood, Clary doesn't care as long as he is Jace
Because Jace never lies, so he was telling the truth when he said he loved Clary
Because Jace knew how much Simon meant to Clary, so he offered his blood for him to survive
Because Clary will sell all of Jace's stuff on Ebay
Because every time Clary almost die, Jace almost die himself

Made by Blankmixtape

Made by PJ_Believer

Made by PJ_Believer

Banner by connie_gabe at LJ

You Found Me by The Fray
23 by Jimmy Eat World
Shattered by Trading Yestersday
Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol
Halo by Beyonce
Lose You by Pete Yorn
Breathe by Paramore
Until The Day I Die by Story Of The Year
If I Can't Have You by Kelly Clarkson
Over & Over by Three Days Grace
Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade
My Heart by Paramore
The Secret's In The Telling by Dashboard Confessional
1,2,3,4 by Plain White T's
You Are My Home by The Hush Sound
I Will Remember You by Ryan Cabrera
You and Me by Lifehouse
Starcrossed by Ash
Hanging By A Moment by Lifehouse
The Last Day on Earth by Kate Miller-Heidke
Broken by Lifehouse

YouTube - Clary & Jace [Mortal Instruments] // You Found Me
YouTube - Clary/Jace - Beautiful Stranger
YouTube - Jace&Clary(Mortal Instruments)-Open Your eyes
YouTube - Dear Angel [Clary/Jace; Mortal Instruments]
YouTube - • S U P P O S E // Jace&Clary • Mortal Instruments }
YouTube - • R U S H // Jace&Clary • Mortal Instruments }
YouTube - Jace/Clary-Hanging by a moment
YouTube - Clary/Jace - Let Me Sign (Mortal Instruments AU)
YouTube - Mortal Instruments:Not Possible,Jace/Clary

if only my love could be with you

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/jace-cla...7/index21.html
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/jace-cla...iful-62891390/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/jace-cla...feel-62893551/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/jace-cla...dies-62899213/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/jace-cla...lary-62904006/

Last edited by dive into you; 08-07-2009 at 05:26 AM
Old 07-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Is this working?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Tftnt
it is now haha

Last edited by The Darkling; 07-17-2009 at 02:23 AM
Old 07-17-2009, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

You're welcome, Lauren
Old 07-17-2009, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

if it were me i probably would have started two threads
Old 07-17-2009, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I wanted to, since I couldn't see anything

I can't put in their shipper name Have to try and remember for next time.

More reasons...

Because whether he is Jace Wayland/Morgenstern/Herondale/Lightwood, Clary doesn't care as long as he is Jace
Because Jace never lies, so he was telling the truth when he said he loved Clary
Because Jace knew how much Simon meant to Clary, so he offered his blood for him to survive
Old 07-17-2009, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

good thing u waited haha oh man i forgot about that oh well

omg th esecond one ;thud: love them all squeeeeeeeeee
Old 07-17-2009, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Well, I was refreshing and nothing came up and then suddenly it worked

Thanks

Our threads are going like hotcakes.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

im use to that happend

cuz we keep getting so many mroe shippers haha
Old 07-17-2009, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I'm not

A lot more shippers.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

awee

its great how many mroe ppl are suddenly reading them now
Old 07-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I know They must see our thread on the first page all the time
Old 07-17-2009, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

oh thats what it is then they read it and think they have to read the book mwhaha
Old 07-17-2009, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Probably and plus are threads are going so fast, so they must think it's really good.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yes and all the fan arts that liek keep getting made daily now haha
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top