Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestockinghp (View Post)
Plus we had that odd statement from Juan--saying he believed C&L had had "congress" with each other. What was the point of putting that in there unless it was going to lead somewhere? And it told the audience that even their own brother saw the mutual desire and thought they'd acted on it.

Juan then added that "nobody's listening" but maybe that's a clue that somebody WAS listening.

ETA: I just found a comment from David Oakes about Juan's line about C&L:
When I first heard that I was like 'Whhhutt'?

Although I just think what Juan believes is a foreshadowing of what is to come, he somewhat delusive at the moment but he seems to have picked up on their closeness..

Tbh, though I don't think C&L have become sexually curious with one another yet
Old 06-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, as much as I want them together, I can't see their relationship getting sexual yet. As close as they are and as intimate as their relationship is, I don't think either of them fully realizes what's there between them.

Quote:
Plus we had that odd statement from Juan--saying he believed C&L had had "congress" with each other. What was the point of putting that in there unless it was going to lead somewhere? And it told the audience that even their own brother saw the mutual desire and thought they'd acted on it.

Juan then added that "nobody's listening" but maybe that's a clue that somebody WAS listening.

ETA: I just found a comment from David Oakes about Juan's line about C&L:
I loved that a character finally mentioned how close and unsibling-like their relationship is. I hope it is revealed that somebody was listening. Maybe the man who ran the place will have overheard and will sell the information to one of Borgia family enemies and the accusation of incest will be used against them or something.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

All this teasing. I can't take it...

Nothing Else Matters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)
All this teasing. I can't take it...
LOL

They have one more season for sure; when do they find out whether they get a fourth season? They have to know C/L is the most popular relationship on the show so I expect them to draw it out as long as possible. At least Juan's comment puts it on the table.

I guess they could still go the route when the C/L rumors are never anything but rumors. But how boring is that? I'm tired of him showing his love for her by killing people.

--Laura
Old 06-16-2012, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They have one more season for sure; when do they find out whether they get a fourth season?
They'll announce that sometime during Season 3. Showtime will look at the ratings and it they're good enough, let it have another season.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprezzatura (View Post)
They'll announce that sometime during Season 3. Showtime will look at the ratings and it they're good enough, let it have another season.
Oh--so that means that they'll have finished filming and editing Season 3 before they know whether there'll be a Season 4.

So Season 3 will have to have to come to some kind of closure. They can't just leave it as a cliffhanger. Cesare already spends half his time in the Vatican in Lucrezia's bedroom already, so it wouldn't be hard for them to suddenly realize and give into their passions.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know if the show will make it to season 4. I remember reading back during season 1 that it was planned for the show to have 4 seasons.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Absolute Fan

I really hope they do get at least four seasons. With the pace of the storytelling, I'm not sure if it could be stretched out any longer than that.

Creepy and Classic

Looking at this art, I just realized that the bottle Lucrezia is holding hasn't come into play yet, if it ever will. Or maybe it has and I just missed it. I remember seeing the add this pic comes from before this season started and thinking that finally Lu was going to get to the point where she starts using poison like the rumors said she did. Since she asked about it last week, I wonder if she'll finally delve into that tomorrow night.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

I think it will come into play in the season finale.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Talk about teasing C/L in the finale!

Cesare's back on Lucrezia's bed, head on her lap, caressing her fingers, talking about running away and getting married!

And even Alfonso seemed to pick up something "unusual" between his betrothed and her brother in the dance scene.

I'm not sure how much if anything Francois knows, but here's what he said recently:

Quote:
Will we see Cesare's and Lucrezia's close relationship from Season One reemerge in Season Three?

I think we’ll get some closure on that. They’ve grown up a little bit. They can’t be as childish anymore. There was an innocence in that relationship that I think was beautiful actually, but I think you’ll see in Episode 10 in the finale as well where you see that moment when Cesare kinda decides to move on because he feels that he needs to move on and move away really, but then I think season [three] will bring them back together.
C&L are the main MF "couple" now, so I'm sure we'll see lots of CL scenes in Season 3; the question is whether they'll keep teasing--but skirting--romance and try to stretch things into Season 4.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

They were perfection in the season finale.

Alfonso definitely picked up on the CL vibes.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Absolute Fan

The whole finale was flawless. So much CL teasing with the bed scene, and the way they stood solidly together against Rodrigo, and another dance! It was all flawless, just completely flawless

Overall, I think we've gotten a lot of CL goodness throughout both seasons. I'm so glad their relationship has been kept intact through everything.

I don't think I could possibly have asked for more from the last episode.

Quote:
Will we see Cesare's and Lucrezia's close relationship from Season One reemerge in Season Three?

I think we’ll get some closure on that. They’ve grown up a little bit. They can’t be as childish anymore. There was an innocence in that relationship that I think was beautiful actually, but I think you’ll see in Episode 10 in the finale as well where you see that moment when Cesare kinda decides to move on because he feels that he needs to move on and move away really, but then I think season [three] will bring them back together.
Thanks for the quote. After seeing the finale, I guess I can see where he's coming from with Cesare deciding to move on by arranging the engagement celebration with her and Alfonso and physically putting their hands together. I didn't pick up on it as him moving on when I first saw it, but yeah, makes sense.

As for bringing them back together in season three

Quote:
And even Alfonso seemed to pick up something "unusual" between his betrothed and her brother in the dance scene.
Yup, Alfonso could totally see something between them, so could Vannozza. They way she was watching them dance made it seem like she was very suspicious. I thought she was going to confront Cesare about it when she marched up to him afterward.

I just love that the other characters seem to be picking up on CL. I can't wait to see how that plays out in the next season.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't even notice Vanozza until I saw a gifset of her watching them.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Dp
Old 06-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Absolute Fan

It was the same with me as far as Alfonso went. I didn't see him looking suspicious until I went to Tumblr.

Geesh, I still can't get over how much CL goodness we got last night.

http://****yeahcesarelucrezia.tumblr...-would-ask-you

“Cesare? I would ask you something.”

“Then ask and it is yours.”

“I would ask you to marry me.”

“As you wish.”