Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

I would also have to choose Sydney and Vaughn for exactly the reasons angelface211 stated. They have been through so much they deserve to be together. Plus they just look so cute together.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, guys!

Without a doubt, Dawson and Joey!

Maybe it's because their relationship reminds so much of my own life. To paraphrase what Joey said in the finale, I have personal connections to it that most people would never understand. I've been there. I know what it's like to be best friends for so long and then it turns into something more. It's incredible and that's what I felt every time I saw D/J onscreen. I saw my life, and that's why I was so upset at how things ended. Not only did D/J not end up together, they never even got a real chance to be together, since TPTB threw everything but the kitchen sink in their way to keep them apart. And to make matters worse, after everything Dawson went through, he ends up alone at his desk. Ridiculous. So yeah, I would definitely choose D/J to get the happy ending. I mean, the D/J fanbase got strung aong for six seasons, it would have been nice to have at least SOME degree of happiness. Was it too much to ask for us to catch a break for once, instead of the sickening feeling that we wasted five years watching a show for...NOTHING! Jeeez!!!!

D&J2gether4ever

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited D&J2gether4ever ]
Old 03-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

since Felicity and Ben got together [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] which was like the one and only time TPTB ever made me shipper lucky [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] - my vote goes to Ephram and Laynie on 'Everwood'. The two of them are just meant to be and they have a fair chance to get happy together once they are together!
My second runner up would be Kyle and Lily on 'Judging Amy' - why? because they deserve it - damn it! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] - it was so unfair how that ended. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 03-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

Aww, Brandi and MJ ITA with you.
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2004, 06:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Buffy and Spike 'Cause they were the first couple I ever shipped. Their relationship is complicated, but that's what make it beautiful. They trust and undestand each other. Spike loves Buffy more than anything and I'm sure that Buffy loves him as well. I think they never got a real chance, so I wish they could have it.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Tristan DuGrey & Rory Gilmore (Gilmore Girls) ~ They're my favorite couple from the show that never actually became a couple, which is the funny thing. They very well might be my favorite couple period, but I'd have to discuss that with my other personalities before giving a perfectly assured response [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Why I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] them: They have chemistry, sexual tension, innuendo, and some of the best fanfic writers I've ever seen in existence on their side (which makes for some of the most excellent smut I've ever seen published). I feel pretty confident that they are a worthy investment for my time and efforts as a writer. [img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img]

**ETA: [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Runners-Up [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]: Scott Barringer & Shelby Merrick (Higher Ground) and Hamilton Fleming & Jake Pratt (Young Americans) ~ I've loved these couples since their shows came out in 2000, and I will continue to love them for all time. Plus, S/S was my first endeavor in fanfic writing, so they kinda have my heart.

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited .:NiennaValandil:. ]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 03-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

This is a very good topic and I would lie if I tell you that I haven't thought of the answer to that question for days. Very very hard question.

I have so many 'favourite couples' or shippings that I had a hard time making a list and trying to narrow it to only one.

To answer that question, I had to ask myself which couple I'd choose, even if that means that all the other couples I love will never be together (again). Which means that I had to remember which couple had me most involved, emotionnally speaking.

Therefore I will answer : Pacey and Joey from Dawson's Creek.
They're the definition of the word 'banter', and even when they were only struggling to be friends, I've thought that they had sparkling chemistry together. I love how they both bring the best in the other. At the end of the show, after all those years, it seemed perfectly natural for them that they were meant for each other.
Plus they have some of the best lines in TV history (from "I remember everything" to "I hope a deer tick crawled into your ear and laid eggs" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ).
Old 03-27-2004, 01:59 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't know if they count, but Jamie & Landon fron A Walk to Remember, they did "end up together" but she died so I'd make it so she didn't.

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited .one.ray.of.sunlight. ]
Old 03-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by .one.ray.of.sunlight.:
<STRONG>I don't know if they count, but Jamie & Landon fron A Walk to Remember, they did "end up together" but she died so I'd make it so she didn't.

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited .one.ray.of.sunlight. ]</STRONG>
I already stated my couple but I agree with this one too. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] It was so sad that they DID get married but unfortunately she died soon after. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

I cried during that part, and the end, so sad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Wow only one. That is a little hard since my two favorite couples (Wesley/Fred, Alex/Isabel) each had one half die in a tragic way right after the couple finally got together. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] Damn writers! But on the bright side, both are from Sci Fi shows. Which means anything can happen, including being brought back from the dead! So ultimately that was how I decided. One is from Roswell, where at least one couple had a happy end in the finale. And the other is from Angel, in the JossVerse where no couple can ever be "happy." So I choose Wesley & Fred.

Wesley and Fred both have over come so much, both a hellish past. Literally. Wesley has loved Fred from the moment he saw her, but had to remain as her friend and watch as she dated two different men. And while Fred dated others, she was always determined to have Wesley be a part of her life. Or go to him when she was in need, because she knew he understood her. They were always there for one and other and understood each other like no one ever could. They had such a great chemistry, and the actors played off each other perfectly. Fred had finally realized that Wesley wasn't just her closest friend, that she was in love with him and he was the one for her. And once they got together she was killed by a parasite. A parasite that was let into the country by ex boyfriend #1, and purposely given to her so it would kill her by ex boyfriend #2. Wesley had to watch as Fred slowly died from horrific pain while in his arms. They finally got together, and she died. And now a God inhabits Freds corpse, walking around reminding Wesley of his love he lost. And this God has even used Fred's memories and apperence to get Wesley to help it become "human." But a part of Fred lives on inside the corpse, you can just tell... and that part found its way back to Wesley. Now Fred just needs to be resurrected. Wesley & Fred definately deserve a happy ending. They are soul mates, kindred souls. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited justsmile ]
Old 06-26-2004, 06:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Great topic!

Hmm, so many couples that i've wanted together but didn't end up together. To make things easier for myself I'm gonna stick with cancelled shows.

Here are my choices: Dawson/Joey (DC), Michael/Maria (Roswell) & Buffy/Spike (BtVS). They all have their own reasons why they should've stayed together [besides my wanting them to ].

But since I have to pick, I'll go with Dawson/Joey hands down. They related to my life way more than any other couple I mentioned or ever shipped.
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Old 06-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sydney and Vaughn from Alias definitely deserves to have a happy ending after all the trauma of the last season

Runners up: Mulder and Scully (The X Files) . Harm and Mac (Jag) and Max and Logan (Dark Angel)
Old 06-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Definitly Buffy and Spike..If They'd End Up Together I don't Think i Could Be Happier

Runners Up - Angel and Cordy(Angel)..Ron and Hermione (Harry Potter)..Seth and Summer (The O.C)..Luke and Lorelai (Gilmore Girls)
Old 06-26-2004, 11:05 PM
In Theaters

Lorelai and Luke, hands down. Not only are they my favorite couple on current television, they're my favorite couple of all-time! I just love them together and am so invested in this amazing duo.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread