Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Total Fan

Iceman/Northstar #4: Cause Northstar can stand very low temperatures... (X-Men)

Just movin from the X-Men Board!
Thread to talk about our beloved couple Jean-Paul Beaubier and Bobby Drake!

We lost our banner... again! Faerie, can you bring it back? puhleaaase

~Frozen Stars~
Rivulet027
Samwise Gamgee
northstar_rocks
~*Faerie*~
angry little lawyer
EmeraldKatsEye

Related Threads:
X-Men General Thread (Sci-Fi/Fantasy Board)
Uncanny X-Men (Comics Board)
Gambit/Rogue (Couples Board)
Wolverine/Rogue (Couples Board)

bb,
Samwise

Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 02-18-2005 at 04:26 AM
Samwise Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Welcome!
Old 05-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Maxi*
Welcome!
Thank you, Maxie!

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, its nice to know that this thread will survive despite the closing of the X-men board. Kinda sad.

I love the title, by the way. And now I have a reason to come to this section which is well new and intersting.

Anyway I have the same question. What would be your ideal first date for them?

Discrimination = Moral Values?
Rivulet027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:53 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rivulet027
Well, its nice to know that this thread will survive despite the closing of the X-men board. Kinda sad.

I love the title, by the way. And now I have a reason to come to this section which is well new and intersting.

Anyway I have the same question. What would be your ideal first date for them?
Hey Rivulet!! I'm so happy to see u're here!

The ideal first date?? A dinner, for sure!!
Just think about... Bobby asking JP for a dinner. But Bobby wouldn't know how to ask... he would just be like "I'd like to... I.... er..." and JP would say "You want me to go out with you?" Something like that! Sure... this would be after a lot of 'subtext' in the dangeroom or on a mission!

Gosh... I'm crazy!

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-19-2004, 11:36 PM
Total Fan

News, guys!
Northstar is still with the X-Men!!!
He's only a teacher now! He appears in X-Men #157, saying he doesn't want to be just a teacher!!

And Bobby can't turn back to his "human shape" so now... only Northstar can be with him, cause you know our title, right? MEANT TO BE!!

Bobby is really funny in the new book!! You all should read #157!

And sice JP is only a teacher, maybe we can see him in Academy X!

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Really!!! All right!! I was actually hoping for this! That JP would become a teacher and still stay with the X-Men. Phewww...I was scared we'd get a scene like this:

Bobby: Hey, didn't we used to have like a super speedster on our team?
Wolvie: You mean Quicksilver? He was never on the team.
Bobby: No, no I think he spoke Italien or French or something...
Wolvie: Gambit? He speaks French he's on the team..
Bobby: No! He was gay...I remember he was gay...
Wolvie: You're trippin' dude. Vivisector's in X-Statix
Bobby: Yeah, I guess you're right....

I'm glad JP's at least still in the X-Mansion. Has anyone told him yet about what Sabretooth did to his sister? Cuz I'm thinkin the minute he finds out he's going for blood.

Connor: I think I'm losing my mind.
Avery: Dude, your'e starting to freak me out.
Connor: How do you think I feel?
-Angel Spotlight: Connor
angry little lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:12 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by angry little lawyer
Really!!! All right!! I was actually hoping for this! That JP would become a teacher and still stay with the X-Men. Phewww...I was scared we'd get a scene like this:

Bobby: Hey, didn't we used to have like a super speedster on our team?
Wolvie: You mean Quicksilver? He was never on the team.
Bobby: No, no I think he spoke Italien or French or something...
Wolvie: Gambit? He speaks French he's on the team..
Bobby: No! He was gay...I remember he was gay...
Wolvie: You're trippin' dude. Vivisector's in X-Statix
Bobby: Yeah, I guess you're right....

I'm glad JP's at least still in the X-Mansion. Has anyone told him yet about what Sabretooth did to his sister? Cuz I'm thinkin the minute he finds out he's going for blood.
Loved the conversation! Did u just create it?? Amazing!
I'm glad he's still with the X-Men too!

And what Sabretooth did to his sister?? I don't know!

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Actually, I did make up that conversation in my head. It started with an idea I had of Northstar talking with someone and that someone having no idea who he was

Northstar: I'm the super speedster!
Person: Quicksilver?
Northstar: No! I was in Alpha Flight and then joined the Xmen!
Person: Oh, You're Wolverine?
Northstar: No! I'm *grumble* "the gay one"
Person: Oh I know who you are now! Vivisector!
Northstar: AAAAAAAArghhhhhhhhh!!!

I picked up the new issue of X-Men today. I hope we get to see him around the mansion in some of the x-titles. I was SO afraid that they'd pull a Marrow on us. Marrow was a character on X-Men who had bone protusions on her face so she always felt "ugly" but then she got the bones fixed by Shi'ar technology. Everything was going fine and then BAM she totally disappears and none of the other X-Men mention her at all and the next thing you know she shows up in a special with Spider-Man half out of her mind and to this day we don't know what really happened with her. Weird. I was afraid they'd do the same thing to Northstar and have him fade away into comics obscurity.

As for what happened with Aurora, its all explained in the series Weapon X.

SPOILERS for Weapon X

Aurora was sprung from the mental institution (she had severe multiple personality disorder) by the Director of Weapon X. The Director pretends to be someone gathering mutants together to do stuff for him but in reality, the Director HATES mutants because way back when Wolverine first escaped from Weapon X after getting the adamantium skeleton, Wolverine slashed the Director's face and left him horribly disfigured and traumatized. He's *really* assembling Weapon X so that they can round up mutants and place them in concentration camps he's dubbed "Neverland."

Aurora was "cured" of her Jean-Marie (uber prude) persona by Weapon X but was sent on a debacle of a mission to recruit Sabretooth. Her partner on that mission was Wild Child. Sabretooth had Aurora and Wild Child trapped in a house, Wild Child knowing that he was powerless against Sabretooth was forced to sit in a corner and watch while Sabretooth mutilated Aurora's face. It was also heavily implied, but not stated that he raped her. Wild Child says later in an interrogation that Sabretooth ordered him to watch while he "did things" to her.

Aurora later got plastic surgery on her face (Weapon X) and encouraged the Director to get plastic surgery too. The Director hates mutants but is strangely attracted to Aurora so he agrees to get the plastic surgery for her. Now they both look "beautiful' again and it seems that they will be a cute couple but, alas, that pesky Director-HATES-mutants thing comes up and in a fit of rage, he savagely beats Aurora in her face.

Things in the Weapon X program go sour as the other mutants find out the truth about Neverland. The Director decides to flee and orders Aurora to get him out of dodge. Amazingly, she complies. For many issues after that, its assumed that Aurora took the Director to safety but in a recent issue, it is discovered that when Aurora sped away with the Director, she took him to a remote desert in the middle of nowhere. There, she beat the cr@p out of him (yay!) and revealed that both her Jean-Marie and her Aurora personas were no longer in charge, rather a THIRD more violent persona had been created thanks to the b.s. that Weapon X (Sabretooth/Director) put her through. The director begged her to kill him and she just laughs at him and leaves him alive, and badly beaten.

Her current whereabouts are totally unknown.

END SPOILERS

I find it hard to believe that JP *wouldn't* go ballistic when he finds out about this. As far as I know I *think* (not sure) that JP knows that Aurora was in Weapon X, but I don't know if he knows about what happened with Sabretooth and the Director.

Sigh...These comics can be so soap-opera-esque

Old 05-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Total Fan

Wow!! That was a LOT of information!! Thanks for typing!

I believe JP will go (or at least should) after Sabretooth! The things is... JP now is over the cameras! He's just a cameo guy!
There's a whole book about the students (Academy X), so at least he could be there!

I don't want him back on Alpha or just disappear!

The time is perfect to develope some Bobby/JP relationship!
Bobby is all revolted, alone (Rogue said in 157 "And you wonder why you're alone, Bobby") and can't turn back into his human shape. So JP takes place. Calm him down, don't let him alone and they can have a relationship cause JP can stand very low temperatures!! That would be just amazing and perfect!!

So Bobby would find true love in the arms of a man!!

(btw... I just added you!! )

bb,
Samwise

Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 05-21-2004 at 05:25 PM
Old 05-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for adding me...I usually am not into slash ships (except Angel/Lindsey on Angel the Series)...but there's something about JP and Bobby that I find...intriguing. It's gotten so that I'm scrambling trying to find old Alpha Flight and back issues that feature Jean Paul. Now that I'm obsessed with JP, I've become mini-obsessed with Aurora too. She should show up at the X-Mansion one day looking for help with her violent persona. She'd stir up some trouble!

Old 05-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by angry little lawyer
Thanks for adding me...I usually am not into slash ships (except Angel/Lindsey on Angel the Series)...but there's something about JP and Bobby that I find...intriguing. It's gotten so that I'm scrambling trying to find old Alpha Flight and back issues that feature Jean Paul. Now that I'm obsessed with JP, I've become mini-obsessed with Aurora too. She should show up at the X-Mansion one day looking for help with her violent persona. She'd stir up some trouble!
Welcome aboard!!

And that would be amazing!! I don't know much about Aurora, but I know she and JP used to have a very strong connection! would be amazing to see them together again! At least for an issue!

Maybe Aurora could confront Bobby about his feelins for Northstar! C'mon... we had that "Hey, handsome!" moment when Bobby was almost unconscious! It was is subcounscious!!

(angel and lindsey?? ROCKS!! )

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Total Fan

Love this one!!!

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Um, wow to the picture.

I really need to get caught up on the Weapon X. Started reading it for the JM, kept reading it for the Chamber, but haven't really sat down with it recently. I kept expecting JP to come rushing in to try and save her, cause he's just that protective. I think in one of the past issues he tried to be the one to inflitrate the program instead of Chamber, cause he said he knew something was going on with his sister...I think through their psi bond. He mentioned whisperings or something...I should just dig out the issue and look. If he did find out or she did show up, he'd more than likely drop everything to help her or extract revenge. He's got a short fuse...was surprised he didn't go off on Cain for being a jerk, cause he totally lost it with Paulie.

What Alpha do you have? Sorry if I'm being nosy, I've got a JP addiction and have almost all the issues he's in. Both twins could have stood to be developed more, could still stand to be developed more. JM needs to stand on her own ground without depending on a relationship, though I did kinda like her with Walter. Poor Wanda, wanted to be with her and she was all no way! It would be nice to see JP with a BF, cause the last time we got that was AF 18 and that was forever ago. Well the few people that I've talked to about JP assume that the guy answering the phone was a BF.

Would prefer to see him with Bobby, I think their personalites would mesh well. Not sure how I like him only teaching. They made him a bit too authoritative and not sarcastic enough in the Academy series, but yeah I think the only hope is to see him there.

How long has Bobby not been able to change back...cause he changed back right after he blew up, but now he can't and that's semi confusing.

Discrimination = Moral Values?
Rivulet027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
It would be nice to see JP with a BF, cause the last time we got that was AF 18 and that was forever ago. Well the few people that I've talked to about JP assume that the guy answering the phone was a BF.
Do you have some scans?!

Quote:
Would prefer to see him with Bobby, I think their personalites would mesh well. Not sure how I like him only teaching. They made him a bit too authoritative and not sarcastic enough in the Academy series, but yeah I think the only hope is to see him there.
I don't want him only teaching! But you know Marvel... these teams change every issue!! I want him with Rogue, Gambit, Bobby and cia. True.... he's the only one to stand for Bobby! Bobby needs someone to keep him on the line. JP is the one to do that!

Quote:
How long has Bobby not been able to change back...cause he changed back right after he blew up, but now he can't and that's semi confusing.
I don't remember the last issue I saw him before de reload. I remember when he asked JP for lunch... he was becoming ice.

bb,
Samwise
Reply   Post New Thread