Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Hunters | Gale&Katniss | #1: 'I had to do that. At least once.'

The Hunters.

Welcome to the 1st Gale&Katniss Appreciation Thread.
Shippers.
1. foxyfreds
2. arakha
3. Rita1516
4. light me up
5. kellie101
6. sparklingdarkness
7. sofia-carby
8. raybanchica
9. courtneybangelcakes

Book Quotes.

Hunger Games.

In the woods waits the only person with whom I can be myself. Gale.

The sight of him waiting there brings on a smile. Gale says I never smile except in the woods.

“Hey, Catnip.”

“We could do it, you know,” Gale says quietly.
“What?” I ask.
“Leave the district. Run off. Live in the woods. You and I, we could make it,” says Gale.

Through the crowd, I spot Gale looking back at me with a ghost of a smile.

But suddenly I am thinking of Gale and his forty-two names in that big glass ball and how the odds are not in his favor. Not compared to a lot of the boys. And maybe he’s thinking the same thing about me because his face darkens and he turns away. “But there are still thousands of
slips,” I wish I could whisper to him.

I turn and see Gale has lifted Prim off the ground and she’s thrashing in his arms. “Up you go, Catnip,” he says, in a voice he’s fighting to keep steady.

I can see the hills I climbed this morning with Gale. For a moment, I yearn for something . . . the idea of us leaving the district . . . making our way in the woods.

Finally, Gale is here and maybe there is nothing romantic between us, but when he opens his arms I don’t hesitate to go into them.

His body is familiar to me — the way it moves, the smell of wood smoke, even the sound of his heart beating I know from quiet moments on a hunt — but this is the first time I really feel it, lean and hard-muscled against my own.

The Peacekeepers are back too soon and Gale asks for more time, but they’re taking him away and I start to panic. “Don’t let them starve!” I cry out, clinging to his hand.

“I won’t! You know I won’t! Katniss, remember I —” he says, and they yank us apart and slam the door and I’ll never know what it was he wanted me to remember.

Gale would be my first choice, but it’s unlikely I’ll ever see Gale again.

I think of Gale without me. Both of us can hunt alone, but we’re better as a pair.

That was the first time I ever saw him smile. It transformed him from someone menacing to someone you wished you knew.

And then one day, without either of us saying it, we became a team.

But he turned into so much more than a hunting partner. He became my confidante, someone with whom I could share thoughts I could never voice inside the fence. In exchange, he trusted me with his. Being out in the woods with Gale . . . sometimes I was actually happy.

I call him my friend, but in the last year it’s seemed too casual a word for what Gale is to me. A pang of longing shoots through my chest. If only he was with me now!

I just . . . I just miss him. And I hate being so alone. Does he miss me? He must.

And then he’d give me a smile and I’d return it without hesitating now.

“Who would your best friend be?” asks Cinna. “Gale,” I say instantly.

“She’s just worried about her boyfriend,” says Peeta gruffly, tossing away a bloody piece of the urn. My cheeks burn again at the thought of Gale. “I don’t have a boyfriend.”

The sweetness spreads through my mouth, down my throat, warming my veins with memories of summer, and my home woods and Gale’s presence beside me.

And Gale. I know him. He won’t be shouting and cheering. But he’ll be watching, every moment, every twist and turn, and willing me to come home.

I wonder if he’s hoping that Peeta makes it as well. Gale’s not my boyfriend, but would he be, if I opened that door? He talked about us running away together. Was that just a practical calculation of our chances of survival away from the district? Or something more.

I wonder what he makes of all this kissing.

Oh, Gale, I think. If only you had my back now . . .

Anything beyond that though . . . and I feel Gale’s gray eyes watching me watching Peeta, all the way from District 12.

I think of Gale, with his velvet tread. It’s eerie how little sound he makes, even when the leaves have fallen and it’s a challenge to move at all without chasing off the game. I feel certain he’s laughing back home.

Gale. The idea of seeing Gale in a matter of hours makes my stomach churn.

Last edited by foxyfreds; 11-28-2010 at 03:21 AM
foxyfreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Add me, Nat?

Rita1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Will do!

I can't do pretty OPs but hopefully if more people join...somebody can

And I enjoy both pairings and think they are both powerful. But GK own my heart.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks! I can't do arts either, unfortunately

I do ship PK more, but I love GK dearly. Their connection is amazing

Rita1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I know

I'm going to try and gather up quotes!! I can add them to the OP at least

If anyone out there does make arts.... GASPARD ULLIEL FOR GALE PLEASE
Old 11-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Add me please! I liked both sides of the triangle, but I leaned more towards these two and was annoyed how they were handled in "Mockingjay".
Old 11-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Add me please
Old 11-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Adding you both

That was my one complaint about the books. I didnt mind that PK ended up together....but I wish GK had ended differently.

I kinda wish Gale had died
Old 11-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

WOOT, a board for them! Love GK!

Can I please be added?

Mariah Twitter Tumblr
Love is friendship set on fire
sparklingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Adding you Mariah!!

I was shocked when I saw these two didnt have a thread....then I worried that nobody shipped GK or something

Im gathering quotes together to put in the OP. But if anyone can make any sort of banner or arts that would be awesome
Old 11-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the add Nat

I'm the same, I'm totally cool with Peeta/Katniss ending up together because I love them as well, I just didn't like how things ended with GK. I'm not even sure they still talk or are friends

There are barely any arts of GK but I saw this

‘“They’re not in District Twelve?” I repeat. As if saying it will somehow fend off the truth.
“Katniss,” Gale says softly.
I recognize that voice. It’s the same one he uses to approach wounded animals before he delivers a deathblow. I instinctively raise my hand to block his words but he catches it and holds on tightly.
“Don’t,” I whisper.
But Gale is not one to keep secrets from me. “Katniss, there is no District Twelve.”’

l

Last edited by kellie101; 11-27-2010 at 11:40 AM
kellie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love it

I would be happy with Kaya for Katniss I think But Gaspard HAS to be Gale. I'm obsessed with the idea.

Yeahhh....that line didn't seem too in character for Katniss IMO. It was a bit...petty.

The one thing I cling to with it though is that she sounded bitter at the though of Gale being with someone else. I like to think that while she loved and was happy with Peeta, or as happy as she could be after everything. There was always that bit of her heart left for Gale. No matter how much it hurt and pained her.

And I also like to think that Gale loved her forever and ever. They just couldnt be together
Old 11-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Gaspard = Gale

She didn't say that line though it was Greasy Sae. It's more her reaction, the relief part I didn't like too much. They were friends for years and it didn't seem like she missed him. I just would have liked them to remain friends

Yeah she did sound a bit bitter with that part.

They have a very tragic love imo though. The only way they could have been together is if she didn't go in the games and didn't meet Peeta. And if that had happened it'd mean the continuation of the games and their kids having to possibly be a part of it. Also not just their family but everyone would have had to still endure the games. They just weren't meant to be.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seriously He IS Gale. I actually wish someone hadnt suggested him to me....because now I think I'll be disappointed with anything else

Oh sorry, only read them once

Yeah, GK were as I expected them to be. Tragic and heartbreaking. But I could have done with a little something at the end...
Old 11-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

This is really cool and awesome. Check it out
CLICK It's a drawing of Gale. The text has the F word in in so I don't think I can post it

Me too. the only reason I remember that is because I have the book next to me. I thought she said that too

Quote:
Tragic and heartbreaking. But I could have done with a little something at the end...