Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Air
Elite Fan

Holmes&Watson || RDJ&JL #1: Because on screen and off, their chemistry is undeniable!

Welcome to the First appreciation thread for
Holmes/Watson and Robert Downey Jr./Jude Law

MissMarie and ~AIR~ wanted to create a place to celebrate these two and their
relationship based on their amazing chemistry. So whether you ship Watson/Holmes and
love the bromance between RDJ and Jude, or you just plain ship them all or not at all - come post with us!

Fans:
01. ~AIR~
02. MissMarie
03. SkateGirl88
04. Daydreamer09
05. ocfan27
06. kirstylouise
07. Laurababora
08. Kaylee123
09. Cress
10. goodbreakingbad

Last edited by AutumnColorsღ; 01-23-2013 at 09:01 PM
Old 03-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

add me
Old 03-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Air
Elite Fan

YESSS! Dre!

I so want this thread to take off. I love RDJ/JL and the Sherlock DVD comes out on the 30th I think!!!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Please add me.

They were my favorite part of the movie.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, you got this up quickly.

For those who are curious about these two, videos:

YouTube - Find A Way | Jude&Robert
YouTube - Jude&Robert // You Have Stolen My Heart
YouTube - Funny/Cute Moments with RDJ and Jude Law Pt1
YouTube - Funny/Cute Moments with RDJ and Jude Law Pt2
Old 03-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer09 (View Post)
Please add me.

They were my favorite part of the movie.
Added! They were my favorite part too! I liked the movie as a whole but the plot was sometimes convoluted. I didn't think it mattered though because he was all about them for me. And the kickass music!

And yes everyone check out Funny/Cute Moments with RDJ and JL. They are amazing. I watched both parts last night. My heart freaking swelled

I might watch again and type down some quotes from them as well.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Gah, I can't wait to see Sherlock Holmes on Tuesday. I'm so mad at myself for not seeing it in theaters, for putting it off.

And I got quotes for ya, darlin. Tons of quotes.

EDIT: Oh my God, they share clothes! :rotlf:

Sherlock Holmes Premiere-London on Vimeo

J: I’d feel a lot better if he wasn’t wearing one of my shoes. [stares down at RDJ's feet] Those are my shoes.
R: We have a partner system.
J: [getting to business] We actually have a job to do—
R: [interrupting to insist] We have a partnership. I don’t have to explain myself. Sometimes I wear your shoes.
J: [as Robert's talking, he begins fiddling with Robert's tie] And that’s my tie as well.
R: Yeah, it was your tie.

Last edited by MissMarie; 03-28-2010 at 06:00 PM
Old 03-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Air
Elite Fan

OMG Jenny! (is that your name btw? i'm guessing from your sig) have you not even seen the movie yet and are this obsessed with RDJ/JL? you will be even more in love seeing the movie.

I I love that video! They are too cute.

Keep the quotes coming! We can add them to OP
Old 03-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, that's my name.

I have not seen the movie yet, ironically. My brother and my dad kept trying to get me to go see with them (my dad grew Sherlock Holmes and loved the novels), but we just kept putting it off. How I become so obsessed with RDJude is beyond me; I heard inklings of them here and there but never paid attention until just yesterday.

I'm renting the movie on Tuesday so

Want me to post the quotes here or PM them? I have reasons too.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Air
Elite Fan

omg, too funny! well you're going to looove the movie. They have such a great dynamic that ranges from partners, to best friends, old marrieds, ten year old siblings etc. amazing.

I wish I had known because i have two Jude Law movies coming on Monday from Netflix so I won't be able to get Sherlock until I watch and return one of them.

It's easy to become obsessed with the two of them - there are SO many clips online of their press tour.

Also, the above quote is a tongue in cheek joke they made about how Holmes and Watson share clothes in the movie

Yes you can post quotes here for everyone to see and maybe PM me the reasons?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm really looking forward to the movie. A little upset the DVD won't have special features, but what can you do?

Quotes

Jude on Robert
“I did. I called him and said ‘I miss you.’”
“The only person I’m in love with is sitting on my left.”
“Oh, I love him.”
“It was absolutely instant. It was instant both in humor and work-ethic.”
“There was a plethora of fun to be had.”
“I initially got involved cause I wanted to work with him, I wanted to meet him.”

Robert on Jude
"It's so funny to me because usually I'm just saying about a female co-star, 'We had this great chemistry.' And now I'm saying the same thing about Jude. It's like we should be doing romantic comedies together or something. This film is a love affair of sorts and the two of us knew when to yin and when to yang. We were definitely good together."
“Have you ever seen a guy adjust better to a tash? I saw him without it afterwards and I was like, that’s not my Judesie.”
“We just became close really quickly.”
“Once it was Jude and I, half the pressure was off me.”

“On a personal level, you can’t work that equation out, it just happens and you get on and you have fun and you support each other when the other’s down or feeling a little exhausted or whatever it is. And that’s a beautiful thing cause that doesn’t happen often.” JL
Old 03-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Yeah, that's so weird to me because it was a box office hit with franchise potential and it was an action movie. I don't get it.

Love the quotes!

I also love their quotes about Guyn Richie and how Robert said he'd congratulate them if they came anything close to heterosexual Robert, you subversive man, you!!!
Old 03-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

That needs to be added to the quote list. And Guy's nickname for Jude is classic!

Maybe the DVD will be like Avatar; the studio is releasing Avatar's DVD on Earth Day with absolutely no extras, but the DVD with the special features comes out in November.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Air
Elite Fan

It probably isn't big enough to be . But maybe there is stuff on the Blue Ray?

LOL HOTSON!

And yes I will watch that part later and transcribe it and everything.

Jenny you should post those gorgeous set pictures you were posting yesterday.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's also what I heard, that the Blu-Ray has all the special features. Not fair, in my opinion.

I totally think Guy knew exactly what was going to happen putting Robert and Jude together. He was the enabler. He was like the third party in the Sherlock Holmes novels that introduced Holmes and Watson even though they're polar opposites.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread