Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Guilty Pleasure Couples

Anyone have a couple or couples they ship as a guilty pleasure? It can be one that goes against your OTP that you sort of see potential for, an unlikely ship you wish would happen even though you know it won't, or a couple you're downright embarrassed to ship.

Quick Note: I am in no way putting down these couples I list, just saying that I have reasons I'm embarrassed to ship them. People who like them without feeling guilty shouldn't be offended.

Here are just a few of mine:

John/Cameron (Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles): She's a robot. It's kind of inappropriate on a certain level, even if I do see the potential, and you use the argument that she's more than just a robot, and she's got 'human' tendencies. I think their scenes together are amazing though, there's always something more than just the leader/protector relationship going on. I love the way they're moving with this in the show, but still, it's awkward if I remind myself that she's made of metal.

Jenny/Nate (Gossip Girl): The actress is sooo young to be doing scenes with the guy that plays Nate in a romantic fashion. And that's where the 'guilt' comes from, but I thought they were great for the three or so episodes they were paired together. He seemed to care for her, and they had at least a friendship before they started dating.

Max/Tess (Roswell): Everyone hates Tess. She did some bad things in the show, which is where my guilt comes from, and she's a thorn in the side of all the Max/Liz fans. I was never a serious Roswell fan, and I still haven't even seen all/most of the episodes, but I really liked her character, and the idea of a couple coming together because they were really meant for each other on a 'destined' kind of level.
Nicole{icon:Andra}
Old 03-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

John/Cameron
Old 03-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Sam/Richard from SATC

Joey/Eddie from DC
Old 03-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Kate/Sawyer.

I don't actually ship them. I don't like Kate to begin with, and I need to like both sides to ship a couple. But that doesn't mean Kate/Sawyer's hotness isn't a-ma-zing.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Edward & Bella.

*hides*

Also I love John & Cameron - And I don't feel guilty about it. I know their relationship is totally wrong considering his very purpose in life is to lead mankind in a war against the very thing she is but there's just so much angst and chemistry.. I can't help but ship it hard and proud.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Also I love John & Cameron - And I don't feel guilty about it. I know their relationship is totally wrong considering his very purpose in life is to lead mankind in a war against the very thing she is but there's just so much angst and chemistry.. I can't help but ship it hard and proud.
And that's great! I do ship them, I just do it a little... guiltily. More power to you if you can do it without any awkwardness.
Nicole{icon:Andra}
Old 03-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dan/Blair. I love CB don't get me wrong but DB would be so hot. Even better a DBC love triangle! I also think Penn and Leighton have great chemistry.

Lucas/Haley, I don't ship them now but I did for a long time until like the end of season 3. Everyone thought I was weird for that so I just thought I would list them. I still love their friendship scenes though.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Lucas/Peyton falls into this category for me, lol. Mainly because I'm embarrassed to admit I actually watch this show. But still. I want LP to end up together.

And yeah, Edward/Bella is another good one. Bella is a borderline disgrace to women, but I still read that **** and I still root for Edward, lol.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Lucas/Peyton falls into this category for me, lol. Mainly because I'm embarrassed to admit I actually watch this show. But still. I want LP to end up together.
For me as well. I didn't start shipping LP till the S3 school shooting ep, to be exact. But ever since, I've been kinda ashamed/embarrassed to admit it, primarily given the whole cheating thing. They're a rarity for me in that case, 'cause I'm just not down with that. But I've since become SO friggin' obsessed with these two, it's not even funny! I have tried so hard not to ship them, in fact...but I've lost. They just came out of nowhere for me and rocked my world. They even surpassed my Dawson/Joey love, and I never expected that to happen. It got to the point where I only watched for them, and now I don't even watch the show [as a whole] anymore; I just YT their moments, given how it's been going - 'cause they're all I care about when it comes to OTH. [This coming from an initial Brooke fan, I still am, but I've never been a Lucas/Brooke shipper.] And all I have to say is, Mark BETTER be giving them their long-awaited HAPPY ending!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Edward/Bella You just can't help but fall in love with them.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chuck/Serena .. I know their kind of brother and sister but my God They would be smoking hot
Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)

And yeah, Edward/Bella is another good one. Bella is a borderline disgrace to women, but I still read that **** and I still root for Edward, lol.
I struggled my way through Twilight last week and I hated Bella... In the beginning of the book she's okay but at the end she really made me wanna tear my hair out. It's weird that I read the book 2, 3 years ago too and then I did like her... I must've been drunk at the time, lol. But yeah, I still root for Edward as well.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankmixtape (View Post)

Same, John/Cam are fab . No shame in shipping them .
Old 03-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Total Fan

On Gossip Girl- Dan/Blair and Chuck/Vanessa. They are my guilty pleasures because my OTPs on the show have to be Chuck/Blair, Nate/Vanessa, and Dan/Serena, however those two pairs for me just have crazy awesome vibes going. And they are both the snarky pairings that would be highly entertaining, and pretty masochistic. I'm a sucker for pretty people in the same scenes together...

New Mexico's still out there
I love you
I love you too
Old 03-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

Cameron/13 from House. I don't even watch the show anymore, but omg, they'd be hot.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread