Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

The Guardians(Dimitri♥Rose) #19 - Because we know that even though Rose is with Adrian, her hearts belongs to Dimitri

Welcome to the 19th Dimitri & Rose Appreciation.
(From the Vampire Academy Series)

^made by let me sign

After two years on the Run, Rose Hathaway and Lissa
Dragomir were captured and sent back to their old school, to which they tried to escape from St. Vladimir's Academy.
As punishment for escaping, Rose is bound to her Dorm and has extra lessons to catch up to her classmates, plus private lessons with Guardian Dimitri.
He is everything that a Guardian should be, even at the age of 24. But the more Rose practices with him, the more she begins to see there is more to him than what it appears on the outside.
And whilst these personal sessions go on, they begin to fall for each other, throughout battle and emotional times, this student and teacher relationship forms into something else, something forbidden.

1.Guinevere
2. let me sign
3. ColinsChica
4. Fading Letters
5. kiss and tell
6. Whitney86
7. PJ_Believer
8. TeamLaFox
9. Evil Poptart
10. Andie
11. chrissy1302
12. never think
13. colorblind
14. Freaky Wednesday
15. Sierra_H
16. ~TaintedUnicorn~
17. crazycait714
18. dee_dee
19. Mushkah
20. sethamgal
21. lakers0604
22. TeamLeyton23
23. Alessia20
24. Brenda Corinthos
25. ellehcim_belle
26. sofia-carby
27. Arriana
28. greeneyeswe3tie
29. marybongiovi
30. L&P.Scott
31. SarMil23
32. silver_amelia
33. Hugo
34. AFatalistTillTheEnd

~~~

Unexpectedly, he released my hands and leaned forward. Slowly, he reached out and held a lock of my hair, twisting it around one finger thoughtfully. I froze, and for a moment, there was nothing going on in the world except him touching my hair. He let my hair go, looking a little surprised—and embarrassed—at what he'd done

"You see something you like?" I asked.
"Get dressed.”
The set of his mouth hardened, and whatever he'd just felt was gone. That fierceness sobered me up and made me forget about my own troubling reaction. I immediately pulled my shirt back on, uneasy at seeing his badass side.

It was almost like he'd been taken by surprise, like he'd never noticed me before. Had it been any other guy, I would have said he was checking me out. As it was, he was definitely studying me. Studying my face, my body. And I suddenly realized I was only in jeans and a bra—a black bra at that. I knew perfectly well that there weren't a lot of girls at this school who looked as good in a bra as I did. Even a guy like Dimitri, one who seemed so focused on duty and training and all of that, had to appreciate that

Dimitri looked surprised, like he didn't want me to know that, like I'd uncovered some secret part of him. I'd been thinking he was some aloof, antisocial tough guy, but maybe he kept himself apart from other people so he wouldn't get hurt if he lost them. Ivan's death had clearly left a permanent mark.
I wondered if Dimitri was lonely

His lips moved to mine, gentle at first, and then hard and hungry. His kiss consumed me. His hands on my arms slid down, down my hips, down to the edge of my dress. He gathered up the fabric in his hands and began pushing it up my legs. I melted into that touch, into his kiss and the way it burned against my mouth. His hands kept sliding up and up, until he'd pulled the dress over my head and tossed it on the floor.
"You…you got rid of that dress fast," I pointed out between heavy breaths. "I thought you liked it.”
"I do like it," he said. His breathing was as heavy as mine. "I love it.”
And then he took me to the bed.

I was crushing on my mentor. Crushing on my older mentor. I had to be out of my mind. He was seven years older than me. Old enough to be my…well, okay, nothing. But still older than me. Seven years was a lot. He'd been learning to write when I was born. When I'd been learning to write and throw books at my teachers, he'd probably been kissing girls. Probably lots of girls, considering how he looked.
I so did not need this complication in my life right now.

He regarded me with utter seriousness, like he always did. "I think you're beautiful.”
"Beautiful?”
"You are so beautiful, it hurts me sometimes.”

His words came out thickly. "Yes, Roza. I did want you. I still do. I wish…we could be together.”
"Then why did you lie to me?”
We reached the clinic, and he managed to open the door while still holding me. As soon as he stepped inside, he began yelling for help.
"Why did you lie?" I murmured again
Still holding me in his arms, he looked down at me. I could hear voices and footsteps getting closer.
"Because we can't be together.”
"Because of the age thing, right?" I asked. "Because you're my mentor?”
His fingertip gently wiped away a tear that had escaped down my cheek. "That's part of it," he said. "But also…well, you and I will both be Lissa's guardians someday. I need to protect her at all costs. If a pack of Strigoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her.”
"I know that. Of course that's what you have to do." The black sparkles were dancing in front of my eyes again. I was fading out.
"No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.”

"You know what would really help?" I asked, not meeting his eyes.
"Hmm?"
"If you turned off this crap music and put on something that came out after the Berlin Wall went down."
Dimitri laughed. "Your worst class is history, yet somehow, you know everything about Eastern Europe."

The scale of the death around me suddenly registered, and my heart began pounding. No, no. It wasn't possible. It was day. Bad things couldn't happen in daylight. A scream started to rise in my throat, suddenly halted when a gloved hand came from behind me and closed over my mouth. I started to struggled; then I smelled Dimitri's aftershave.
"Why," he asked, "don't you ever listen? You'd be dead if they were still here."

I swelled under his praise. "Why does she call you Dimka?"
He laughed softly. I'd heard a lot of his laughter tonight and decided I'd like to hear more of it.
"It's a nickname for Dimitri."
"That doesn't make any sense. It doesn't sound anything like Dimitri. You should be called, I don't know, Dimi or something."

"You should take it."
He flinched. "What?"
"Tasha's offer. You should take her up on it. It's a really great chance."
I remembered my mom's word about being ready for children. I wasn't. Maybe she hadn't been. But Tasha was. And I knew Dimitri was too. They got along really well. He could go be her guardian, have some kids with her ... it would be a good deal for the both of them.
"I never expected to hear you say anything like that," he told me, voice tight.

"It's okay," he said. "Everything's going to be okay. You can let go of the sword."
My hands shook even harder as I fought to hold on to the hilt. "I can't." The words hurt coming out. "I can't leave him alone. I have to protect him."
"You have," said Dimitri.
The sword fell out of my hands, landing with a loud clatter on the wooden floor. I followed, collasping on all fours, wanting to cry but still unable to.

Tears brimmed in my eyes as I looked back up. "I might as well have. The whole reason he went there - it was my fault. We had a fight ... and I told him about the Spokane thing even though you asked me not to ..."
One tear leaked out of the corner of my eye. Really, I needed to learn to stop that. Just as my mother had, Dimitri delicately wiped the tear off my cheek.

I steeled myself for the next response. I knew it was going to be one of the Zen life lessons. Something about inner strength and perseverance, about how the choices we made today were templates for the future or some other nonsense.
Instead he kissed me.

Christian?
Oh no.
Some coherent part of me immediately realized what was happening—and boy, was it pissed off. The rest of me, however, was still actually living in this encounter, experiencing it as though I was the one being touched and kissed. That part of me couldn't break away. I'd merged too much with Lissa, and for all intents and purposes, this was happening to me.
No, I told myself sternly. It's not real—not for you. Get out of there.
But how could I listen to logic when every nerve of my body was being set on fire?
You aren't her. This isn't your head. Get out.
His lips. There was nothing in the world right now except his lips.
It's not him. Get out.
The kisses were the same, exactly as I remembered with him. …
No, it's not Dimitri. Get out!
Dimitri's name was like cold water hitting me in the face. I got out.
I sat upright in my bed, suddenly feeling smothered. I tried kicking off the covers but mostly ended up entangling my legs even more. My heart beat hard in my chest, and I tried to take deep breaths to steady myself and return to my own reality.

"Rose, Rose." This time it was his exasperated voice. "You never change. Always jumping in without thinking."
"That's not true," I protested. "I've changed a lot."
The amusement on his face suddenly faded, his expression growing troubled. He studied me for several moments. Sometimes I felt as though those eyes could see right into my soul. "You're right. You have changed."

"You don't have to do this alone," he said at last. He sounded almost wistful, which made no sense. He was the one who'd been telling me for so long that I needed to be strong. I wanted to throw myself into his arms just then, but I knew I couldn't.
I couldn't help a smile. "You say that…but tell me the truth. Do you go running to others when you have problems?"
(...)
"No," he said. "I try to deal with my problems on my own."
I slipped away from his hand. "See?"
"But you have a lot of people in your life you can trust, people who care about you. That changes things."
(...)
"Do you trust me?" I asked him.
The hesitation was brief. "Yes."
"Then trust me now, and don't worry about me just this once."

"Did you mean it… that if Victor did tell…that you'd…" I couldn't finish. I couldn't bring myself to say the words have him killed.
"I don't have much influence in the upper levels of Moroi royalty, but I have plenty among the guardians who handle the dirty work in our world."
"You didn't answer the question. If you'd really do it."
"I'd do a lot of things to protect you, Roza."

"We can't…" he told me.
"I know," I agreed.
Then his mouth was on mine again, and this time, I knew there would be no turning back. There were no walls this time. Our bodies wrapped together as he tried to get my coat off, then his shirt, then my shirt. … It really was a lot like when we'd fought out on the quad earlier—that same passion and heat. I think at the end of the day, the instincts that power fighting and sex aren't so different. They all come from an animal side of us.
Yet, as more and more clothes came off, it went beyond just animal passion. It was sweet and wonderful at the same time. When I looked into his eyes, I could see without a doubt that he loved me more than anyone else in the world, that I was his salvation, the same way that he was mine. I'd never expected my first time to be in a cabin in the woods, but I realized the place didn't matter. The person did. With someone you loved, you could be anywhere, and it would be incredible. Being in the most luxurious bed in the world wouldn't matter if you were with someone you didn't love.
And oh, I loved him. I loved him so much that it hurt. All of our clothes finally ended up in a pile on the floor, but the feel of his skin on mine was more than enough to keep me warm. I couldn't tell where my body ended and his began, and I decided then that was how I always wanted it to be. I didn't want us to ever be apart.

"I love you, Roza." He kissed me again. "I'll always be here for you. I'm not going to let anything happen to you."
The words were wonderful and dangerous. He shouldn't have said anything like that to me. He shouldn't have been promising he'd protect me, not when he was supposed to dedicate his life to protecting Moroi like Lissa. I couldn't be first in his heart, just like he couldn't be first in mine. That was why I shouldn't have said what I said next—but I did anyway.
"And I won't let anything happen to you," I promised. "I love you." He kissed me again, swallowing off any other words I might have added.

I turned and looked into Dimitri's face. He was alive. All the fear for him I'd held back burst through me. I wanted to throw myself at him and hold him as close to me as possible. He was alive—battered and bloody, yes—but alive.
(...)
"They're either dead or have run away," he told me. He glanced between Christian and me. "What you two did—"
"Was stupid?" I suggested.
He shook his head. "One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Half of those are yours."

"Wait. You think I'm going to die? That's why you slept with me?"
"No, no, of course not. I did what I did because … believe me, it wasn't because of that. Regardless of the specifics—or if it's even true—she was right about how easily things can change. We try to do what's right, or rather, what others say is right. But sometimes, when that goes against who we are…you have to choose. Even before the Strigoi attack, as I watched all the problems you were struggling with, I realized how much you meant to me. It changed everything. I was worried about you—so, so worried. You have no idea. And it became useless to try to act like I could ever put any Moroi life above yours. It's not going to happen, no matter how wrong others say it is. And so I decided that's something I have to deal with. Once I made that decision … there was nothing to hold us back." He hesitated, seeming to replay his words as he brushed my hair from my face. "Well, to hold me back. I'm speaking for myself. I don't mean to act like I know exactly why you did it."
"I did it because I love you," I said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. And really, it was.
He laughed. "You can sum up in one sentence what it takes me a whole speech to get out."

I set off, off to kill the man I loved

“No …”
I wasn’t sure if I said the word or thought it. It didn’t matter. The only thing that mattered just then was what my eyes saw before me. Or, rather, what my eyes thought they saw. Because surely, surely, I had to be imagining this. It couldn’t be real. Not after all this time.
Dimitri.
I knew hum instantly, even though he’d … changed. I think in a crowd of a million people, I would have recognized him. The connection between us would allow nothing else. And after being deprived of him for so long, I drank in every feature. The dark, chin-length hair, worn loose tonight and curling slightly around his face. The familiar set of lips, quirked now in an amused yet chilling smile. He even wore the duster he always wore, the long leather coat that could have come straight out of a cowboy movie.
And then … there were the Strigoi features. His dark eyes – the eyes I loved – ringed in red. The pale, pale, death-white skin. In life, his complexion had been as tanned as mine, thanks to so much time outdoors. If he opened his mouth, I knew I’d see fangs.

But I couldn’t. I just needed a few more seconds, a few more seconds to drink him in before I killed him. And that’s when he spoke.
“Roza.” His voice had that same wonderful lowness, the same accent … it was all just colder. “You forgot my first lesson: Don’t hesitate.”
I just barely saw his fist striking out toward my head … and then I saw nothing at all.

Not Dimitri. Everything I’d told Denis and the others applied here. Be smart. Be vigilant. Defend yourself.
“Rose,” he said, deflecting one of my kicks effortlessly. “You’re wasting time. Stop.”
Oh, that voice. Dimitri’s voice. The voice I heard when I fell asleep at night, the voice that had once told me he loved me …
No! It’s not him. Dimitri is gone. This is a monster.

He tried reason again. “I’m not going to hurt you, Roza, please stop.”
Roza. The old nickname. The name he’d first called me when we’d fallen prey to Victor’s lust charm, both of us wrapped naked in each other’s arms …
This isn’t the Dimitri you knew.

You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson
The Ghost of You and Me by BBMak
How Did I Fall in Love With You by Backstreet Boys
Love Will Turn Back The Hands of Time by Grease 2 Soundtrack
All Coming Back to Me by Celine Dion
Come What May by Ewan Mcgregor and Nicole Kidman
We Belong Together by Gavin DeGraw
Already Gone by Kelly Clarkson
Halo by Beyonce
Untouched by The Veronicas
The Winter Takes It All by Abba
Remember Me This Way by Jordan Hill
Breathe by Taylor Swift
Everything We Had by The Academy Is
I'll Run by The Cab
Someone Like You by Boys Like Girls
When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne
Just Want To Be With You by Enrique Iglesias
Hero by Enrique Iglesias

^made by PJ_Believer

^ made by silver_amelia

Dimitri & Rose Livejournal Community
VA Official Page
VA Fanfiction

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...ther-62867053/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...ords-62875143/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...part-62877869/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...-met-62883582/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...-him-62887486/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...cial-62894586/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...ther-62896673/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...ther-62898953/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...orth-62901915/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...back-62906868/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...0/index20.html
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...imes-62913702/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...-him-62915758/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dimitri-...eant-62919041/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/guardian...ther-62922546/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/guardian...rose-62926909/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/guardian.../#post43611697
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/guardian...soul-62936747/

Credits:
All Headers made by: PJBeliever
Layout by: Guinevere

Last edited by dive into you; 03-06-2010 at 07:22 PM
Old 02-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanx dude
Old 02-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

You're welcome

After we finished this one. 20th thread

Last edited by dive into you; 03-03-2010 at 12:32 AM
Old 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yessssssss wow thats too awesome dude haha and then we will ahve anew book to tlak about by the time were done well even mroe threads then that will happen lol
Old 02-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I know and hopefully, more people will come along to the thread.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i hope so

i rmeber when i first lurked on this op cuz i loved the ship in it but hadnt heard of the book lol
Old 02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Me, too.

You lurker. Glad you delurked.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

me too and glad u recced me the book lollll
Old 02-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the new thread almost there yay
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 02-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I know. I kept on annoying you about it

You're welcome, Whitney
Old 02-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

can't wait for the next one lol
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
Old 02-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I know
Old 02-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!

But isn't the title kind of spoilerish?

April
Old 02-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

idk,the first ch was up so idk if that is still a spoiler or not
Old 02-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's still consider a spoiler. But I don't know.

April
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top