Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2016, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ginny & Mike (Pitch) #1: Could they be this show's home run?

Ginny Baker & Mike Lawson
[ K y l i e B u n b u r y • M a r k P a u l G o s s e l a a r ]
THE 1st APPRECIATION THREAD

• • •

" this girl is your l e g a c y...

You may not trust your fastball. You n e e d to trust me. "

• • •

the fans;
1. backstreetboysfan
2. sktweety20
3. hannahfan
4. Leelith
5. sillycilla
6. Alexa
7. Wait Reynolds

the future titles;
"This girl is your legacy"
"You may not trust your fastball. You need to trust me."

the past threads;
#1: Could they be this show's home run?

• • •

"I think that there will always be a connection within the two, a spark [of some sort]. I think there was a spark between the two of them the first time they had that ass slapping. We’ve always played that up too, just kind of peppering it with a little something extra. I’m always excited by show that there’s this sort of tension and there’s heat between them, that never actually happens. You’re waiting for it happen. Are they or aren’t they?"~Mark-Paul Gosselaar

scene of the moment;

x

Credit to Static Waves for putting the OP together.

Last edited by Lethally Floral; 10-30-2016 at 10:50 PM
Lethally Floral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

i ship this 100000%. I'm interested to see where there dynamic goes.

How far apart are they supposed to be in age?
Old 09-26-2016, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think we know. There's a 15 year age gap in real life. MPG is 42 and Kylie is 27 (or I read 28 so she may have had a birthday recently.)

We know Ginny is 23 and 42 is kind of old for a baseball player so I would assume he's playing younger as well.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think we know. There's a 15 year age gap in real life. MPG is 42 and Kylie is 27 (or I read 28 so she may have had a birthday recently.)

We know Ginny is 23 and 42 is kind of old for a baseball player so I would assume he's playing younger as well.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I could see them making Mike ~33-35? I'm still good with a 10yr age difference. They are equals on the team.

X

also, MPG's visual transformation on this show is quite good...I wouldn't know he was Zack Morris just by looking
Old 09-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't know if I ship this as romance yet, but I like the dynamic and want to see where it goes!
Balista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I think we'll learn more about them in the next episode.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

hopefully we get more of the quick wit between them. I enjoyed that.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There are some promo pictures.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did you see the sneak peek for tonight's ep?

He confirms he's 36. I do love how he tries to compete with her at the gym
Old 09-29-2016, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

I love that there is a thread for these two already Their dynamic is so entertaining to watch. Especially on tonight's episode. That last scene at the bar with her dancing I see good things for these two in the future. I can see it becoming romantic but I think it will be a slow burn. I think the show will build their friendship since right now they're really just learning to be teammates and trusting each other in that aspect. And then I guess they will go from there to something more.
icon: rebel hearts
Rebel Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. I want a slow burn...assuming this show is around long enough for it. Supposedly there were a lot of little things in the episode that I missed so I'm going to go back and rewatch it.

But that scene at the bar with the dancing was very hot in a very quiet way.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

The bar scenes with her dancing were very shippy - it's hard for me to think anything else.

I did think that one of the other players dancing with her was going to try something (to parallel the assault case theme throughout the episode), and Mike was going to step in. But he just kind of watched her instead? Which felt almost more shippy
Old 09-30-2016, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I agree, it did feel shippy to me too There have been other POVs of people saying that it could just be Mike being frustrated at seeing her rise as a star and having the time of her life when his career and personal life is going down the drain (with his bad knees and ex-wife getting married when he wants to get back together). I could see it from both sides. But either way whatever was going on in his head there had something to do with Ginny. And I think him sitting next to Amelia at the bar instead of leaving kind of hinted at that too.
icon: rebel hearts
Rebel Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
There have been other POVs of people saying that it could just be Mike being frustrated at seeing her rise as a star and having the time of her life when his career and personal life is going down the drain (with his bad knees and ex-wife getting married when he wants to get back together).
We did see the frustration during his speech but I don't think we've ever seen it with Ginny

That's the best thing about slow burn ships, though. Things could be shippy or not. There's so much to see and enjoy and yet it's far enough away that the writers don't have to act on it or deal with it. Like the bus scene.

I'm not on Tumblr but I've been trolling some Tumble posts on this duo. I loved this:
The writers of Pitch *do* know that I’m already super fricking gone for Ginny/Mike, right?

That's kind of how I feel.