Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what TR thinks of Katie leaving GA. And the way she's left.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariem201 (View Post)
Cindy, I seriously love your icon. So hot, did you make it yourself?

I'm using one of your icon right now. And the text of it is so true.
Thank you, Marie! Yes, I did make it I've sort of taken to just making new avvies here and there when I want something new... I really ought to post them in my LJ or something, so they're more accessible.
Feel free to snag it and use it anytime! I love to share the little bit of graphics that I do make!
I was very excited to see you were sporting one of my avvies!
Yes, the text is so true That part was Aurora's... those were her words and I just had to put them into an avvie b/c those words fit G/I so perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt
I wonder what TR thinks of Katie leaving GA. And the way she's left.
He's probably thinking for Katie finally having her freedom! and probably thinking (like the rest of the world) why the heck didn't they let her go @ the end of S5 and let Izzie and George die together???
Old 03-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

@Cindy:What a fantastic icon...falling in love all over again....

The video's posted...Oh it just makes me speechless,totally in love followed by rage...I just can't grow over it!!

so all the TR fans stopped watching,and even the Katie fans*i hope*...how are the episodes still on air??any how I hope the misfortune that we went through, doesn't happen to the other shippers!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysaddiction (View Post)
He's probably thinking for Katie finally having her freedom! and probably thinking (like the rest of the world) why the heck didn't they let her go @ the end of S5 and let Izzie and George die together???
I would have loved for her to step out of that elevator with him in the finale.

Credit: whattarush
Old 03-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmat_naureen (View Post)
@Cindy:What a fantastic icon...falling in love all over again....
Aw... thank you Naureen! Feel free to snag... anytime

Quote:
The video's posted...Oh it just makes me speechless,totally in love followed by rage...I just can't grow over it!!
I know... the G/I scenes never seem to grow old for me... there just as amazing now as they ever were!

Quote:
..how are the episodes still on air??
From the little that I did see of S6... I have NO idea! The show is so different... and not in a good way.

Quote:
any how I hope the misfortune that we went through, doesn't happen to the other shippers!!!
I hope it doesn't either... wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt
I would have loved for her to step out of that elevator with him in the finale.
Me too
So many other fans have said the same... even some A/I fans now would've rather had Izzie die with George... that would be a better fate for their ship too.

I love that banner you posted... I don't think I've seen that one before... love the ani in the middle.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

I wonder how he reacted too. How great would it be to see them together hanging out looking super happy?
more.

Cindy, you make beautiful icons. Please make more when you have the time.

Naureen, the ratings are in the toilets, they are getting 10 to 11 million lately and with this Izzie news, I can see them continue to drop.

I guess people still watch for Alex, MerDer, Cristina and probably Mark and Callie and some out of habit, probably.

But a lot of fans have thrown in the towel. We Gizzie, George and Izzie fans have, and I'm sure a lot of AI fans will leave after what just happened.

Plus he way MerDer gets 5 seconds every episode, they are going to chase some MerDer fans away too.

Love the banner, Ashley. Never saw it before either.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Extreme Fan

omg... if they don't p/u the MerDer, they are in a *****load of trouble, IMO... especially w/ how they're also messing up so many ships... fans will leave in droves.

Aw.. thanks Marie!
I'm glad you like them!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

GA peaked too early, IMO. It was never going to be able to relcaim the freshness and the magic the earlier cast/storylines.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Hmm what does p/u mean?

A lot of shows go downhill fast because the main actors want to leave or the creators starts listening to the rabid fanbases instead of listening to their gut and their heart like they used to.

They end up pleasing nobody.

That is what happened with Grey.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Bumping this up.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm happy Katherine's gone. The writing for Izzie has been really crappy for the last two seasons. I just read her article and I thought it was pretty good. I don't think she has to explain anything so the fact that she did, is good enough for anyone who wants the truth.

I love what she said about TR The GI stuff wasn't so bad.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariem201
Hmm what does p/u mean?
Oh, I meant pick up... so unless they pick up the MerDer screen time... (and not just add more screen time for them, but write it well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
I'm happy Katherine's gone. The writing for Izzie has been really crappy for the last two seasons. I just read her article and I thought it was pretty good. I don't think she has to explain anything so the fact that she did, is good enough for anyone who wants the truth.
I'm so happy she is gone, too... and i love your avvie, b-t-w-- it's gorgeous!
I also thought the article was well done And i can imagine it wasn't an easy one and I think she was honest and she said what she needed to say only and it came up graceful. I was happy with it.

Quote:
I love what she said about TR
That was my favorite part!

Quote:
The GI stuff wasn't so bad.
No, it wasn't so bad... I still just wish it was left alone... but apparently, Ausiello can't do that
Old 03-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Yes, MerDer needs more time, but not if it's going to be bad stories.

Izzie had a lot of screentime in season 5, but most of her stories were really bad. Leave it to this show to turn brain tumor into a joke with masturbating and ghost sex.

Only Katie's talent saved the story from complete ruin.

It still annoys me that they knew there was a good chance Izzie's last episode might be her last and they didn't script a proper goodbye.

The scenes with Meredith and her were heartbreaking and so not the real Izzie. They only screwed AI, they screwed Meredith and Izzie's bond too.

All the shows go downhill when the main characters leave, but you can still make sure to give them a good ending that will leave their fans feeling at least part satisfied, not completely screwed over.

On Mcleod daughters, they lost all their original characters and all of them, even the secondary ones, even the guest stars, got real endings that allowed the actors who were leaving to shine.

BTW, did you ever see that show Ashley? The whole 8 seasons aired here in Canada.

I think they are reairing it in the States too on Soapnet, according to what Gwen or Cindy said, I don't remember.

Last edited by mariem201; 03-30-2010 at 10:47 AM
Old 03-31-2010, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just heard about that show the other day Marie I'll take a look at it.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
I just heard about that show the other day Marie I'll take a look at it.
It actually ended here about 2 years ago and 3 years ago in Australia, but I know they are airing reruns on the One channel (and probably Vision TV also). And you can basically find all the episodes on Youtube.

They are all there.

It was a super amazing show the first five years. Not only did they have my second favorite couple of all time, Nick and Tess (the hot guy in my avvie), but they had really great characters, multi-facetted and all. Claire and Tess and Alex and Nick had probably the most fascinating sibling relationships I have ever seen on TV. Oh and the guys were hot, the accents were adorable and the outdoor shots were just about gorgeous. It was very funny too.

The show did lose a bit of its sparks the last two seasons, 7 and 8, but it was still good and they managed to find new characters that were actually likable without shoving them in our faces too fast (Shonda should take note!).

If you ever see it, tell me what you think.

Cindy, if you ever get the chance, you should check it out too.

I just can't say enough about this show.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top