Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2020, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
What it bothered me the most was that he was in so many romantic scenes with Alex and Izzie. Remember when they had sex in an on-call-room? Denny was there, too, watching them.

Rumors said that Shonda was secretly in love with JDM. That's why she wanted him back in season 5. I don't know if this is true.
What a wild rumor.

There weren't a lot of people in the internet then, but I remember feeling like Denny was quite popular with the GA audience or maybe they made it seem that way to justify his return. Again, it was that scene when he died that really made that story a classic the first time around.

I also remember being so scared that they'd kill Izzie off and was so annoyed that they made it seem she was still in love with Denny.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

.bian.carsan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
What it bothered me the most was that he was in so many romantic scenes with Alex and Izzie. Remember when they had sex in an on-call-room? Denny was there, too, watching them.

Rumors said that Shonda was secretly in love with JDM. That's why she wanted him back in season 5. I don't know if this is true.
Wow, seriously? I think she liked working with him and tbh most of the viewers liked Denny, so, she must have thought as why not bring him back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by issa (View Post)
I watched up to the episode where Izzie left for good and then watched 6.16 and cried like a baby.

I need people to start writing fic. Lol
SAMEEE!
Sounds like such a hard fast emotional change (if that does mean anything)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .bian.carsan. (View Post)
What a wild rumor.

There weren't a lot of people in the internet then, but I remember feeling like Denny was quite popular with the GA audience or maybe they made it seem that way to justify his return. Again, it was that scene when he died that really made that story a classic the first time around.

I also remember being so scared that they'd kill Izzie off and was so annoyed that they made it seem she was still in love with Denny.
I think she kinda was still in love with him. (at least she felt like so at first) Because they have never got their chance and it's really hard get over something you never got the chance to live... But tbh, the only thing made sense to me about his return was her realizing she loves&wants to be with Alex and her asking Denny to leave more than once... I hated he was in almost every single scene of AI but, i lowkey liked that they gave Denny&Izzie storyline a closure with bringing him back and Izzie choosing to be with Alex still. Because of that, people saying Izzie always loved Denny more than Alex makes no sense anymore. I hope i can explain myself good enough, she said Denny meant death to her in a way that is why she was seeing his ghost, and when you think about it, she was dying already, so, she could have stop fighting, keep seeing Denny, and dying and having the infinity with him... But instead she did fight with cancer and survived because she choose to live and to be with Alex... And i liked that part of the denny sl in s5 tbh...

By the way, I thought maybe we could add a Katie&Justin part to the OP. I checked on my tumblr and found some old edits of them and some of their interviews etc. them talking about each other or AI. If we agree on something like that, i'll post them here.

Last edited by epiclovers; 04-04-2020 at 03:21 PM
epiclovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiclovers (View Post)
I think she kinda was still in love with him. (at least she felt like so at first) Because they have never got their chance and it's really hard get over something you never got the chance to live... But tbh, the only thing made sense to me about his return was her realizing she loves&wants to be with Alex and her asking Denny to leave more than once... I hated he was in almost every single scene of AI but, i lowkey liked that they gave Denny&Izzie storyline a closure with bringing him back and Izzie choosing to be with Alex still. Because of that, people saying Izzie always loved Denny more than Alex makes no sense anymore. I hope i can explain myself good enough, she said Denny meant death to her in a way that is why she was seeing his ghost, and when you think about it, she was dying already, so, she could have stop fighting, keep seeing Denny, and dying and having the infinity with him... But instead she did fight with cancer and survived because she choose to live and to be with Alex... And i liked that part of the denny sl in s5 tbh...

By the way, I thought maybe we could add a Katie&Justin part to the OP. I checked on my tumblr and found some old edits of them and some of their interviews etc. them talking about each other or AI. If we agree on something like that, i'll post them here.
I initially thought you were referring to Shona and JDM (bold part).

I agree that his coming over did help seal the fact that Izzie chose and loved Alex. It does make sense and it brought closure to that part of Izzie's life that was pretty significant. I mean, it did make her break the law and all that, which wasn't expected of her pre-Denny.

And, let's add Justin + Katie bits in the OP. I'm all for that. Love their friendship as well. A part of me even wished Katie spoke about AI ending up together or Justin leaving, but I guess it's better she didn't considering you know...

| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 04-04-2020, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still can’t believe people liked Denny. He annoyed me the minute he showed up. Mostly because he was flirting with Izzie. lol

This rewatch hurt a lot. Alex loves her so much and she did love him too. The only bad thing is that she always expected the worse from him. I also think that if Shonda has been more flexible with Katie, Alex and Izzie would’ve been a strong ship. No more lows for them.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:18 AM
Graphics Team

Yeah, they are still friends to this day, so I'm all for adding that to the OP. Ellen also likes a bunch of Katie's pictures on Insta and comments on them, so maybe it's not that unrealistic for both Justin and Katie to be invited back for a couple of episodes? I won't give up on that dream.

I don't think the Denny thing would have been done the same way today, especially after the whole #metoo thing. It was very inappropriate that he kept hitting on his doctor.

If Alex hadn't cheated on her I also don't think the whole Denny thing would have ever gotten that extreme. But she didn't really trust Alex anymore and there was this guy saying all these nice things to her... As I said before, I don't think it would have lasted long outside the hospital.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I initially thought you were referring to Shona and JDM (bold part).

And, let's add Justin + Katie bits in the OP. I'm all for that. Love their friendship as well. A part of me even wished Katie spoke about AI ending up together or Justin leaving, but I guess it's better she didn't considering you know...
You did?
I loove their friendship, too. And yes, it'd have been good to know how she thought about his exit and this ending but maybe it's better of this way, as you said...
Quote:
I still can’t believe people liked Denny. He annoyed me the minute he showed up. Mostly because he was flirting with Izzie. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos blues (View Post)
Yeah, they are still friends to this day, so I'm all for adding that to the OP. Ellen also likes a bunch of Katie's pictures on Insta and comments on them, so maybe it's not that unrealistic for both Justin and Katie to be invited back for a couple of episodes? I won't give up on that dream.

I don't think the Denny thing would have been done the same way today, especially after the whole #metoo thing. It was very inappropriate that he kept hitting on his doctor.
I also think Denny's actions were inappropriate in s2, but he was cute and funny so i lowkey understand why so much people liked him
If Alex hadn't cheated on her I also don't think the whole Denny thing would have ever gotten that extreme. But she didn't really trust Alex anymore and there was this guy saying all these nice things to her... As I said before, I don't think it would have lasted long outside the hospital.
As you said, Alex's actions in season 2 played a big part at Izzie's reactions to Denny. But, yeah, i feel like it'd not have lasted long, bc tbh it was not meant to last anyways. I feel like i've said that before but Denny was always meant to die, they did not make him live and make Denny&Izzie endgame or they did not write it as Izzie choosing Denny in season 5 or die and get their ending together in a way; not because they couldn't do it but because that was never how Denny sl was planned as...

Yes, yes! i really hope it's going to be possible at least for the final episode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, starting with some quotes then
Quote:
"There’s only one woman for Alex, and her name’s Izzie. They were the real deal, or as much as a real deal can be on Grey’s Anatomy. That was the love of his life." JC

or the longer version;

"“There’s only one woman for Alex, and her name’s Izzie. And I think Chambers will back me up on this. “They were the real deal — or as much as a real deal can be on Grey’s Anatomy,” Chambers concurs. “That was the love of his life.” Amid talk that the show may be heading into the homestretch, Chambers admits he would love to see Katherine Heigl return to give their storyline closure. “Heigl is so fun,” he raves. “She is one of the funnest people I’ve ever worked with. She really is a special gal. I would love to have her back. Maybe we will before the season ends.”"
michael ausiello
Quote:
"I had a lot of great stuff with Izzie [Katherine Heigl] — the proposal scene, picking her up off the bed when Denny [Jeffrey Dean Morgan] died, and being there for her when she was dying, fighting the weaknesses and insecurities. I remember on that bed, trying to revive her, it felt good as an actor can feel. I love Katie. She is a doll, and she was a pro, always on her mark; a great talent." JC
I couldn't find those interviews' links, only saw them on tumblr..

Of course there is also this interview that was already posted here.
Quote:
"I miss her all the time," Justin Chambers told me at the Maui Film Festival. "She's such a great actor. She's so fun to work off of. I miss working with her."

"I think that's a couple on television that people will always remember," Chambers said. "There's not much Alex without her. I think he'll be mourning Izzie for the next two seasons."

Chambers also defended Heigl against her critics. "She admits that she has a mouth on her, but she's got a heart much bigger than her mouth," he said. "It's so unfair because I think people have taken her the wrong way. She's actually a good person. She's very funny and very kind."

Quote:
Katherine Heigl: Watching Karev Kiss Other Women on Grey's ''Makes Me Jealous''
While promoting her latest rom-com One for the Money, Katherine told Kathie Lee and Hoda that she would love it if she could go back on Grey’s “to get back with Alex [Justin Chambers], because I do not like watching him with other actresses on the show. It really upsets me, makes me jealous…."
xxx Also YT link for her interview is here Because i'm not really sure if that was exactly her words. Maybe we can put it into words better and use this video link..

This ones are from her FB QA from years ago;
Quote:
"I'd love to![work with JC again] He's not only incredibly talented but has one of the biggest and best hearts in Hollywood!"
Also, i loved her answer for the question about which one she would have kicked out of the boat if she, Justin and TR were on a boat; she says she would throw herself over. xx

xx

There is also this post of mine, includes like five more tweets of them, talking about each other. We can also add them, did not want to put here bc they were all kinda big pics.

Do you have a favourite episode or moment? xx

I have this very old post about them We could put it to the OP if you like it, i'm not sure about that.

xx

Also there is another post i like, but the real source is gone, not sure if we should add it or not

That's it for now. i guess, we can match some quotes with the pics, so, they won't hopefully fill a whole page..

Last edited by epiclovers; 04-05-2020 at 03:55 AM
epiclovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos blues (View Post)
The real reason why JDM was asked by Shonda to come back:
Quote:
Fans will remember Jeffrey Dean Morgan's star-making role as Denny Duquette on Grey's Anatomy, a patient who got engaged to Katherine Heigl's Izzie Stevens, only to be suddenly killed off in the show's second season finale. Morgan revealed to the Los Angeles Times in 2006 that he loved playing this character so much that he pleaded with the show's creator, Shonda Rhimes, to let him stay. Of filming his final scene, he said, "It was a grim day, let me tell you. A dark, grim day. I'm still not over it. It broke my heart to leave that show."

Fans of the series will likely agree that Morgan's emotional turn was a real tearjerker. However, Rhimes found a way to make everyone's dreams come true by bringing Morgan back on the show years later. The actor revealed to Parade in 2012, "I got a call from Shonda Rhimes, who said, 'This is going to seem crazy, but what do you think about coming back?'" Morgan, of course, jumped at the chance, especially as he thought his days on the Shondaland series were over. "She took a chance on a guy who apparently was too old and not talented," Morgan told Moves three years later, while expressing that he'll be forever grateful to Rhimes for changing his life (and we're so glad she did!). "And she was like, 'You're my guy!' That was it for me."
Read More: https://www.nickiswift.com/172892/th..._campaign=clip

Love all the quotes!

Last edited by Christian'sKimberDoll; 04-05-2020 at 05:57 AM
Christian'sKimberDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

Aww. All the Justin + Katie goodness melts my heart.

Thank you so much, epiclovers. I'm going to have sweet dreams tonight.

Old 04-05-2020, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

I found an old video I made with them 2007. It's really bad quality, but I want to share it anyway.

Katie & Justin ~ Umbrella

About Justin and Katherine... Some of you may remember the real life fanfic Emma (BrightYellow) wrote about them? I really would love to read it again. Any idea if this is still available somewhere?

Edit!

Never mind! Found it:

http://www.fanforum.com/f24/%7Badult...y%2A-62889346/

Last edited by Christian'sKimberDoll; 04-05-2020 at 05:58 AM
Christian'sKimberDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I remember I helped you pick the song for that vid. Oh the old times.

I’ve seen JC call Katie doll face on twitter and he supported her tweeting about some of post GA projects. He’s a sweetheart.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I remember I helped you pick the song for that vid. Oh the old times.
You did? I totally forgot about that. You picked the perfect song for them back then.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
The real reason why JDM was asked by Shonda to come back:
Read More: https://www.nickiswift.com/172892/th..._campaign=clip
After reading this interview, it seems to it was JDM who was in love with GA and Shondaland
Btw, I did not know once you had a Katie/Justin fanfic thread
And Mone, i loved your video I haven't ever seen some of those quotes and bts moments. "What can i say? I'm making out with daddy."
Quote:
Aww. All the Justin + Katie goodness melts my heart.

Thank you so much, epiclovers. I'm going to have sweet dreams tonight.
mine too
Quote:
I’ve seen JC call Katie doll face on twitter and he supported her tweeting about some of post GA projects. He’s a sweetheart.
He really is. I think this is one of the tweets you're talking about:

And i guess this one was her response;

and there's even more

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked the AI thread on Greys board, and found those:
Quote:
Heigl expressed a desire for Izzie to reunite with Alex, explaining:
"There’s a connection between Izzie and Alex. He can do honorable things even though he’s cutting and sarcastic.
I would like to ultimately see them together, if not this season, then next.
"
Katherine Heigl on 'Sex, Love and Cupcakes', New York Post

"Izzie and Alex. I absolutely love their relationship and I love that
this is where it is now. I love beggining the season that way,
I love that they are these two people who had this on and off
relationship for 5 years, they've been sort of in love with
each other for 5 years even though other things have
happened, and finally they are together.
"
Katherine Heigl
Quote:
"Alex has a deep longing for her but he is not admitting it because he has
issues to work out...but hopefully he will get secure enough with them.
"
Justin Chambers

"He has been beaten by the love bug
and he doesn't know how to deal with it.
"
Justin Chambers

"He is still in love with her. To find love for the first
time in his life was a big issue for him.
"
Justin Chamber

"He opened up a piece of himself that he has never dealt with,
and he can't anticulate it. He can only.. you saw, he brings
a cupcake for her. Those little moments and little things are
surprising about Alex because he is surprised that he is doing
these things. Shows that he is falling for this beautiful young girl.
"
Justin Chambers

I would expect Alex to shut down a little bit if something awful happens to Izzie
but these are opportunities to see his chivalrous side and his true love for her.

Justin Chambers
I think we should add some of these quotes to the OP, them talking about how much they enjoy AI

Also found some of Shonda's words about them. I hate her for what she did to them for years but still there was a time she seemed to like them a lot...
Quote:
"She is the only one left. In a weird way you can only be that angry with your
closest friends and she is the closest. He is mean to her cause in a weird
way there is the safety of knowing she is gonna be there, which I love.
"
Shonda Rhimes

Her growing feelings for Alex are pushing her into reality. He baked her a cake!
To me, he's turning into probably the most amazing man. McDreamy has
always been pretty Dreamy, but we're getting to see the journey of Alex.
"
Shonda Rhimes

Izzie's actions show how much she loves Alex. Her choosing Alex shows
how much she loves Alex. I think the way Izzie LOOKS at Alex shows how
much she loves Alex. There is love there. She loves him.
"
Shonda Rhimes
Also there's her tweet for them which i think we definetely should add to the OP since it's even more obvious now that they really were meant for one another all along..

tweet

Old 04-06-2020, 06:51 AM
Master Fan

“Meant for each other all along”

Can’t believe Shonda actually said that, but she did write them beautifully before...

Everyday, I keep checking for new fics to no avail...

Old 04-06-2020, 09:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, she did. Except for you know not giving them enough time to be happy together, and regardless of how angry we are at her for that,, she also is the reason AI had such beautiful scenes and an epic story like that. So, i love her just as much as i hate her.
Same, and it's starting to get kinda sad tbh..

The other day, i saw a post about this scene;

And people were talking about the whole episode as well. I remember it as day one..
It was one of the best ones for them..

xx

xx
Old 04-06-2020, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love that they used their exchange in the letters episode. “I didn’t know you still felt that way about me”, “Me neither”.

Even after all these years, he still loved her.