Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2020, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos blues (View Post)
I didn't even see that. Fixed!

I'm actually currently re-watching from the beginning. But I'm stuck on season 3 at the moment. Izzie and George just slept together for the first time. I wish I didn't know that it's going to get worse.
I’m on S3 as well. Callie and George just got married. It’s about to get ugly
Old 03-27-2020, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

We’re on page 2? Moving pretty fast.

Oh yeah, I loved Callie and again, George Izzie made no sense at all to me, too.

I do remember things kept getting worse for AI that at one point, I almost gave up. Spoilers weren’t that available back then, so it was hard to be hopeful.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

.bian.carsan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
The way Izzie/Alex shippers secure their endgame. Bravo!

I've said in other discussions it's the only exit that made sense for Alex. Can't believe they have these two beautiful children. Alex is a Dad.
We have waited a decade for this ending
I am happy for Alex being a dad now just as much i am for AI endgame. Even though i stopped watching the show years ago, and had not have much hope left of Izzie's return, i always wanted Alex to become a father so i could have watched his scenes with his kids on youtube or somewhere else. Because we all know that was the thing he has always wanted, even back in season 4 he was so there for it when he found out Rebecca was 'pregnant'... I wish we had the chance to really watch him with the kids but at least we know he is a great father now.

Quote:
I think I read an interview with Shonda once where she pretty much said the same thing that Denny needed to happen for Izzie to grow. I don't think it needed to be as extreme for the point to come across, but it was what it was. And at least those episodes were emotional. I definitely didn't need JDM to come back for season 5 though.

I managed to get to season 4 now, but I skipped episode 22 & 23 of season 3. I really never cared for Private Practice, so figured I might as well skip them. So far season 4 is proving to be worse than I remembered though. I hope I reach episode 8 soon.
Shocking but i agree with Shonda on this
Season 5 storyline was just as bad as George&Izzie though.
I don't like late season 3 and season 4 much either and until i made this gifset below few years ago, i haven't even realized AI had so much scenes in S4, either. (might contain some spoilers for you)

xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by .bian.carsan. (View Post)
I do remember things kept getting worse for AI that at one point, I almost gave up. Spoilers weren’t that available back then, so it was hard to be hopeful.
I guess, It has always been our fate with AI. Everything has to get so bad before it gets any better.
I think, back then, watching tv shows was way more thrilling. You could wonder and write theories and get surprised by departures, endings.. Now, we know almost everything about the next episodes of the shows and idk it feels like: "yeah, yeah, i knew that was coming, next!" I know it was very hard to wait for your otp or your favorite character's arc in darkness for days, weeks, years.. but i just don't like this feeling much either..

Last edited by epiclovers; 03-28-2020 at 05:59 AM
epiclovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:17 AM
Graphics Team

Lovely gifset!

I mean, yes things were not great in season 3 and 4, but at the same time I felt like the show kept reminding us of their bond when it wasn't necessary to the story, which is why I believed they would get together again at some point even when they were occupied with other love interestes.

Also, I kind of forgot that Alex was sleeping with both Ava and Lexie at the same time. So him being faithful to Izzie in season 5 and wanting to be exclusive is really such a big deal. If it hadn't been for izzie he never could have been a good boyfriend/husband to Jo. She helped fix him. So no one can deny the impact she had on his life, really.

For some reason I'm super worried today that they will let Alex get back together with Jo at some point, simply because of all the backlash the writers got. I guess not having anything to do is making me obsess over things.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Even tho I hated AI’s other love interests in S3 and 4, like you said, there were always hints that they were going to get together again. The connection was always there. They just needed to mess up some more before getting back together for good.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Lovely gifset!

I mean, yes things were not great in season 3 and 4, but at the same time I felt like the show kept reminding us of their bond when it wasn't necessary to the story, which is why I believed they would get together again at some point even when they were occupied with other love interests.
In some way, this is kind of true even after Izzie left, which is why (again) this ending for them still makes sense.

Izzie was mentioned randomly and I believe at important milestone episodes. Really, the original cast was just so good.

| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 03-29-2020, 12:27 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the new thread! I love the opening thread.

I agree with everyone here, they were always meant to find their way back to each other, regardless of who each one was with at the time. I definitely felt that they were best for one another, even in S3-4.

Side note, everything that was said about S3 and George/Izzie I agree with. Also, I may be one of the only ones, but I really liked George and Callie together.

New Mexico's still out there
I love you
I love you too
SunKissedFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was watching an episode from late S4 where there’s a lady who reads auras or something and she doesn’t want Alex near her because of his darkness and he brings Izzie to help him cause ‘she’s a bright yellow’ the opposite of him and the lady says, ‘she brightens you’ or something. This was after Ava had come back. Even when they weren’t romantically involved there were always mentions of their connection and what she meant to him.

I liked them too. I think I even made a fanvid to them. lol
Old 03-29-2020, 01:50 PM
Graphics Team

The whole Ava fake pregnancy sl also showed that Alex would drop everything for his own potential family. Even though Rebecca was married and already had a child and they had only been having an affair he still wanted to do right by her and started looking for an apartment etc. The more early episodes I watch the less I understand the OOC claims about his departure. I mean, yes s4 was like 11 years ago, but that's the only time we ever saw him react to the acute possibility of having children.

Maybe the Alex from s16 would not have written a letter, but he would have done everything to be with his children.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I mean, yes things were not great in season 3 and 4, but at the same time I felt like the show kept reminding us of their bond when it wasn't necessary to the story, which is why I believed they would get together again at some point even when they were occupied with other love interestes.

Also, I kind of forgot that Alex was sleeping with both Ava and Lexie at the same time. So him being faithful to Izzie in season 5 and wanting to be exclusive is really such a big deal. If it hadn't been for izzie he never could have been a good boyfriend/husband to Jo. She helped fix him. So no one can deny the impact she had on his life, really.

For some reason I'm super worried today that they will let Alex get back together with Jo at some point, simply because of all the backlash the writers got. I guess not having anything to do is making me obsess over things.
Exactly they always kept planting seeds for their reunion, even when they were with others. As .bian.carsan. also said, they kept doing the same thing through the last ten years. They could have cut mentioning her in like season 10 but instead they wrote scenes like him talking to Mer about true love and soulmates and implying it was Izzie for him or like the ones in the 300th episode with baby Izzie... So, yeah, maybe them getting back together would not have happened this time, if Justin did not leave the show now but it is not like they never gave any hints of them being meant for one another, too.

Izzie has always been important for him, but he changed a lot between s2 and s5. And when they got back together in season 5, he wanted it to last this time. In the scene he said he loved her, he wanted to make sure that she knew he was a different man, that he was not going to go anywhere or cheat on her or anything. Because he was a better man because of her, he wanted to be for her. Imo, it should be pretty obvious for anyone who has watched the same show, that she meant much more than just a love interest to him.

I highly doubt they would do that. I feel like if they did have any hope of him coming back for more than one or two episodes they could have found another way to write him out. But tbh i don't really care about the show enough to worry for anything that might happen after 16x16. I was almost able to take in what the writers did to AI, after a decade, then suddenly, they gave us the ending we should have had years ago, and from now on i am so ready to act like the show has ended already with his letters, regardless of what might happen next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issa (View Post)
I was watching an episode from late S4 where there’s a lady who reads auras or something and she doesn’t want Alex near her because of his darkness and he brings Izzie to help him cause ‘she’s a bright yellow’ the opposite of him and the lady says, ‘she brightens you’ or something. This was after Ava had come back. Even when they weren’t romantically involved there were always mentions of their connection and what she meant to him.
I LOVE this scene. I even made an edit of this scene because it really tells a lot about the meaning of their relationship.

The way the woman's looking at them on the fourth gif though

xx
Quote:
The whole Ava fake pregnancy sl also showed that Alex would drop everything for his own potential family. Even though Rebecca was married and already had a child and they had only been having an affair he still wanted to do right by her and started looking for an apartment etc.The more early episodes I watch the less I understand the OOC claims about his departure. I mean, yes s4 was like 11 years ago, but that's the only time we ever saw him react to the acute possibility of having children.

Maybe the Alex from s16 would not have written a latter, but he would have done everything to be with his children.
I couldn't agree more!

Last edited by epiclovers; 03-29-2020 at 02:01 PM
Old 03-29-2020, 02:06 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiclovers (View Post)
Exactly they always kept planting seeds for their reunion, even when they were with others. As .bian.carsan. also said, they kept doing the same thing through the last ten years. They could have cut mentioning her in like season 10 but instead they wrote scenes like him talking to Mer about true love and soulmates and implying it was Izzie for him or like the ones in the 300th episode with baby Izzie... So, yeah, maybe them getting back together would not have happened this time, if Justin did not leave the show now but it is not like they never gave any hints of them being meant for one another, too.

Izzie has always been important for him, but he changed a lot between s2 and s5. And when they got back together in season 5, he wanted it to last this time. In the scene he said he loved her, he wanted to make sure that she knew he was a different man, that he was not going to go anywhere or cheat on her or anything. Because he was a better man because of her, he wanted to be for her. Imo, it should be pretty obvious for anyone who has watched the same show, that she meant much more than just a love interest to him.

I highly doubt they would do that. I feel like if they did have any hope of him coming back for more than one or two episodes they could have found another way to write him out. But tbh i don't really care about the show enough to worry for anything that might happen after 16x16. I was almost able to take in what the writers did to AI, after a decade, then suddenly, they gave us the ending we should have had years ago, and from now on i am so ready to act like the show has ended already with his letters, regardless of what might happen next.
Do you think they planned this or do you think it just worked out that way? I mean from what I heard Krista seems to have a thing for reuniting couples. Maybe she was a massive AI fan.

Which is also why it was so unbelievable how quickly he gave up on her in s6. Especially considering the circumstances with her just having recovered from cancer and how terribly he had treated her at times in the past... But ah well, what's done is done.

I'm just a bit paranoid tbh and I don't trust those writers for ****. It was so unexpected that it still seems very unreal to me.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Do you think they planned this or do you think it just worked out that way? I mean from what I heard Krista seems to have a thing for reuniting couples. Maybe she was a massive AI fan.

Which is also why it was so unbelievable how quickly he gave up on her in s6. Especially considering the circumstances with her just having recovered from cancer and how terribly he had treated her at times in the past... But ah well, what's done is done.

I'm just a bit paranoid tbh and I don't trust those writers for ****. It was so unexpected that it still seems very unreal to me.
I feel like they always wanted to keep the possibility of their reunion at hand. Idk if Krista is a fan of Izzex or one of reunions or something but i remember that she liked a tweet that was saying something like "Jo should have known in the 300th episode that Alex was still holding a torch for Izzie." So, it may mean she wrote those scenes thinking in this way. And maybe, she did really planned to at least write the frozen embryos in at some point. Because i remember baby Izzie was pregnant in that episode and Alex hold her hand when she was scared. Baby Izzie even mentioned that she was having the baby alone And now it seems like those scenes were not written that randomly, like they were a parallel of Izzie having their kids without alex knowing about it... Idk if i am just diging too deep but that is how i felt while re-watching 14x07 after 16x16..
Long story short, i think what actually made them write his ending this way is Justin's leaving probably for good and things working out in this way. But also they seemed like wanting to do more with AI than letting them disappear in the air for good. And tbh, that is actually why this ending was one of the ones that would work for him in this situation, because they kept giving us the hints of him still loving her after all the time that has passed instead of just stopping to mention izzie and their relationship.

Yeah, everything about their breaking up process was BS tbf. We generally focus on how ooc it was for Izzie to leave everyone she loved suddenly but you are right it made no sense for Alex to let her go like that either, after everything they have been through... At least it was nice that they let us know in the season finale that he was regretting his decision actually. I guess i will always wonder how it would have played out if Katherine came back after her break or if they let her come back at some point in the past ten years...

Tbh, It does still feel unreal to me too. I hope it won't take another decade for us to embrace the reality of it.

Last edited by epiclovers; 03-29-2020 at 03:47 PM
Old 03-29-2020, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
100% YES! It was painful to watch and to accept. It was just not at all what Alex would have done, which is the same thing many say now, so it's really a matter of opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiclovers (View Post)
"Jo should have known in the 300th episode that Alex was still holding a torch for Izzie." So, it may mean she wrote those scenes thinking in this way. And maybe, she did really planned to at least write the frozen embryos in at some point. Because i remember baby Izzie was pregnant in that episode and Alex hold her hand when she was scared.

Long story short, i think what actually made them write his ending this way is Justin's leaving probably for good and things working out in this way. But also they seemed like wanting to do more with AI than letting them disappear in the air for good. And tbh, that is actually why this ending was one of the ones that would work for him in this situation, because they kept giving us the hints of him still loving her after all the time that has passed instead of just stopping to mention izzie and their relationship.

I guess i will always wonder how it would have played out if Katherine came back after her break or if they let her come back at some point in the past ten years...
Was the tweet a recent one? I mean did it come after Alex's "last" episode?

AI was and always will be one of GA's best couples. Period.

I wish there was more fanfic of them out there tackling about how Izzie comes back or Alex looks for her after his rejection of her in S6.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .bian.carsan. (View Post)
Was the tweet a recent one? I mean did it come after Alex's "last" episode?

AI was and always will be one of GA's best couples. Period.

I wish there was more fanfic of them out there tackling about how Izzie comes back or Alex looks for her after his rejection of her in S6.
Yes, it was. If i remember correctly, it was sent just after the episode aired.
They certainly are and will be always.
Same, there were some good fics about their reunion that was published over the years but especially now i'd love to read something about their phone call or how things played out when he went to Kansas to meet their kids, there are really few new fics about them. I guess it is the handicap of getting a happy ending after a decade.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:02 AM
Graphics Team

I think I saw that tweet and a couple others she liked about how past episodes really pointed towards this endgame for Alex. I think if they had had more time they probably would have done more of a build-up instead of having him disappear, but maybe this was always their plan for a possible Justin Chambers exit. I'm not sure they would have went with it if he had stayed on the show until the end, but maybe they would have actually tried to get KH for a multi-episode arc in the final season. We'll probably never know. Maybe Krista will give an interview and tell us their thought process at some point...

I think they hoped that it would be received better though, although quite a few people seem to have come around to it and the ratings haven't really been affected either so far.
Reply   Post New Thread