Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] hey havn't been around in a while
hmm the emma chick sounds evil but i gotta admit great name! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I am the Pupper Master!
Cold Blooded Jelly Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Toasted Purple Marshmellow:
<STRONG>
hmm the emma chick sounds evil but i gotta admit great name! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
What makes you say that? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Linds- So glad you got the DVD and saw the great FP scenes again. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Shirley, yeah, that post was a little long. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I just couldn't help myself. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Linds, we all know you bought the DVD for B/R and Shawn goodness. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Oh, and I added you to the birthday list. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Birthday List has been UPDATED
Old 07-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Sorry, i haven't posted for a while. No long till the dvd comes out [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Credit to degrassi_icons
for my icon
Redrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Redrac:
<STRONG>Sorry, i haven't posted for a while. No long till the dvd comes out [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I know! I'm so excited! Less than two months to go! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2003, 03:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay in my posting - busy, busy weekend!

Quote:
Originally posted by tangled STARR:
<STRONG>
That's partially why I have such a problem with the idea of Emma Frost being introduced, although my biggest problem with her, is that although I'm not quite sure if they've dated (I'll check on that), I know that she does help Bobby develop his powers further. Which would mean more Bobby/Emma screentime, less Bobby/Rogue. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

As for the possible new mutants coming in: it's already difficult to juggle a cast of about twelve stars, but with X2 Singer was (luckily) able to just expand on the stories of the majority of the characters and only had to develop the backgrounds of a handful of mutants.

However, with X3, not only would Singer (or whoever ends up writing the script/directing the film) have to deal with new mutants and their backstories, there's also expanding on the stories of already established characters, and developing a plot. I agree with Kerry that it's almost impossible to have a successful movie if the audience must continuously bounce around between so many characters in about a two-hour time span. They're just too plots and the side-plots to juggle.

IMO, what Singer should do on (the villian side of things) is instead of bringing in new/more characters, bring back some of the old ones. Not only would a backstory not have to be told, but also that would give more screentime to our actors as well as the main plot itself, which is probably going to be heavily focused on Jean. And Singer's definitely going to need all the time he can get if he wants to tackle that storyline.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. After all, when X2 rumors were flying around, there were a lot of possible mutants they wanted to put in, and in the end they either were cut completely, ended up on the cutting room floor, or just made cameos.

...Whoops. I didn't mean to be so long-winded. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 07-24-2003: Message edited tangled STARR ]</STRONG>
Lets just hope that you are right, Christina, and that the rumoured mutants will not eventuate. I must admit, when I first heard about all of the possible mutants that would be appearing in X3, I wasn't too concerned...until we started discussing it here. Now I'm seriously concerned - most especially about Emma Frost!

I'd hate it if potential Bobby and Rogue scenes are sacrificed for Bobby and Emma scenes.

Agghhh, I need coffee. I'm feeling as though nothing I'm saying is making sense so it might be best to stop here LOL

Kerry
AlwaysPretending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 06:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

OMG! OMG! OMG! I wrote to Shawn Ashmore in May and today I got back an autographed pic!!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] He wrote "Shirley, Best Wishes!! Shawn Ashmore"! I'm sooooo thrilled! I've actually touched something that he's touched so in some weird way, we kinda touched, right? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Let me have my moment. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And he knows my name! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Well, kinda. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Again, let me have my moment! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

To anyone of you who wants an autographed pic too, I wrote to this address:

c/o K.G. Talent
55A Sumach St.
Toronto, Ont M5A 3J6
Canada

I sent a SASE. Good luck! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2003, 11:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Kerry, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Don't worry; you're making complete sense.

Shirley, I already congratulated you on the SA thread, but I'll go ahead and do it again. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

As for Emma Frost, from what I can tell, (thankfully!) she and Bobby never dated, but as I said earlier, she did help him develop his powers, albeit in a different fashion.

According to Marvel Directory:
Quote:
Emma Frost, the White Queen, took mental possession of Iceman's body and was able to activate the full extent of his powers, turning his body into all ice. Since then, under Frost's prodding, Iceman has learned to transform his body into its 'ice' state on his own.
I think if EF does end up getting written into X3, she'll be one of the antagonists. Although I still don't like the idea of having her in the movie. I'd much rather see Bobby develop his powers on his own or with the help of Xavier or even through one of the teachers at the school than through Emma Frost.

If EF does appear in the movie, and if Singer does keep her character and storyline close to what the comics have dictated, I can definitely see this going in two directions. With the entire added angst factor on B/R's relationship, it could either strengthen their relationship or be the catalyst to break them up. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Oh, and according to the DVD thread at the X-Men board, the DVD may be released as early as September 12. (Although that makes even less sense, IMO, as that's a Friday. And DVDs are normally released on a Tuesday.)
Old 07-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by tangled STARR:
<STRONG>I think if EF does end up getting written into X3, she'll be one of the antagonists. Although I still don't like the idea of having her in the movie. I'd much rather see Bobby develop his powers on his own or with the help of Xavier or even through one of the teachers at the school than through Emma Frost.

</STRONG>
I agree. But maybe if they do bring in EF, she's be older like Storm or Scott, and not Bobby's age? Were the around the same age in the comics?
Old 07-29-2003, 03:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey guys!

Quote:
Originally posted by Girlfriend:
<STRONG>OMG! OMG! OMG! I wrote to Shawn Ashmore in May and today I got back an autographed pic!!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] He wrote "Shirley, Best Wishes!! Shawn Ashmore"! I'm sooooo thrilled! I've actually touched something that he's touched so in some weird way, we kinda touched, right? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Let me have my moment. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And he knows my name! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Well, kinda. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Again, let me have my moment! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

To anyone of you who wants an autographed pic too, I wrote to this address:

c/o K.G. Talent
55A Sumach St.
Toronto, Ont M5A 3J6
Canada

I sent a SASE. Good luck! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]</STRONG>
LOL! Breathe - just remember to breathe! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

My concerns about Emma Frost are going stronger the more we talk about it, and as we learn more information about her. Here I was thinking that we only had to be worried about a Gambit spanner - now we have to worry about a Emma spanner as well! But still, I'm taking deep breaths and remembering that they can't address everything - and if Emma's appearance in X3 is pivotal to Bobby's powers, then Professor X could do it just as well. (Although, I'm sure the comic book purists out there would scream blue murder) This would of course make her appearance completely redundant.

I like that idea [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Uh oh, read a rumour on the X3 site that I really don't like! Don't want to mention it here for spoilage reasons, but check it out! X3 rumour page (Its the first one)

Kerry
Old 07-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Shirley, I'm not quite sure how close in age Bobby and Emma were in the comics - comic characters don't exactly age... too much. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] (I think Bobby's been in his early/mid-twenties for a few decades.) But I've always been under the impression that they were relatively close in age.

Kerry, I'd definitely like to see Professor X help develop one of his student's power. There was no way we could have seen it with Storm, Cyclops, or Jean, but it'd be wonderful to see the interaction between him and some of the younger generation. And it's funny you say that about the comic purists. The purist in me absolutely detests the idea of R/W, and yet, I love B/R. I guess ships really do choose you and not the other way around. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

And now, onto my EF section. As if I hadn't addressed it enough in my previous posts. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

In all my "No Emma Frost!"-ness, I completely forgot that Singer actually may not de-age her and keep her the same age as Storm and Cyclops. Which actually would work out sort of well - but more on this later.

So I've been doing a little bit more reading/research on Emma Frost. First off, from Marvel Directory:

Quote:
While in the Med-lab, an accident caused Frost to possess the body of the X-Man Iceman, and likewise, his mind was transferred into her body. Frost returned to her own body and when she fully recovered from the coma she resumed her role as headmistress of the academy.
Not only that, but also, Emma Frost is actually now a member of the X-Men and is also one of the teachers at the school. This plus a lot of the info I read from her bio at Marvel Directory (which is really good as it's pretty detailed and yet, brief), has lead me to this speculation of how she could be included in X3. Of course, I'm basing it all on Singer not de-aging Emma and keeping her about the same age as Storm and Cyclops.

Given that she was one of the teachers of the school in the comics, if she were to be included in the movie, I think she may end up being one of the teachers at the school. In such a position, this may or may not affect Bobby and the development of his powers, but either way, it wouldn't impact (in a romantic sense, of course) B/R. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Also, given that she has various telepathic powers, she may in a sense be a "new Jean." What's actually interesting is that at one time she possessed Jean Gray in the comics in the same manner that she did Bobby, which I can see Singer using as a device to confirm that Jean is indeed alive and/or find Jean. And of course... she may also end up being a possible love interest for Wolverine.

I think if EF does indeed get written into X3, this is probably the way I'd like to see her in it. I'd not only really like her character (and I could see so many ways to develop her), but also we'd have no worries on the B/R end about her! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Now... if only Gambit could be re-written as easily...

*is suddenly wondering where all the other FPers are*

[ 07-29-2003: Message edited tangled STARR ]
Old 07-30-2003, 04:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for all that info ts

Credit to degrassi_icons
for my icon
Redrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 03:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey guys,

Thats a great theory, Christina, and I honestly hope that it does come true. An older Emma who assists in Bobby's powers due to her teaching status is much less threatening to Bobby and Rogue's relationship than a younger Emma. And the idea of her becoming the alternative Jean is intriguing.

I'm also wonder where everyone has gone - although with the DVD release, it should pick up again.

Kerry
Old 07-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Great post, Smina. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm all for EF if she is a teacher at the Institute and a lot older than Bobby. That way, no threat for B/R but more Bobby screen time (if she helps him develops his powers). [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2003, 06:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Emma Frost is sort of scary.......................... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]