Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Elite Fan

Favorite Couple of All Time #3: Tell us who your "SB" is (shipper fairness FTW)

Alright everyone. Come tell us who your OTP/Favorite Couple of All Time is. TV/Movie/Cartoon/Book anything and everything counts. Just tell us!

And in case anyone is wondering, SB is Buffy/Spike. This title if played off of the previous one, dealing with Buffy/Angel (copyrighted by courtneybangelcakes). Everyone has an SB deep down inside. It's that one couple that makes you cry, laugh, smile, want to throw things, want to kill something... it could even be Buffy/Spike. Or Buffy/Angel. Anyway. Don't take offense. It's merely a joke.
Amy | icon | livejournal | tumblr

Last edited by natural_disaster; 03-15-2009 at 10:44 PM
natural_disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT.
I'm going to bed now. Later Jackie.
(I think I said goodnight to everyone else on the BTVS OT board)

Angela; tumblr;
How-very-girl629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum Hero

My SB is BA

TFTNT

Night
Fan Forum Hero

Love this title.

Anyway, SB is my SB, but bring this over from previous thread in spirit of being on topic.

Spike/Buffy

So many reasons. Because they are unlike any couple that has ever been portrayed on television. They aren’t suppose to be soul mates or true love. That makes them unique. Spike and Buffy were never meant to be anything more then enemies, he set out to kill her, she to slay him. Instead he fell in love with her, and despite everything she should feel, despite everything she had known, she finds herself drawn to him. In the words of SMG, “Spike understands her on a level that no one else does.” They have passion, banter, love, hate. They have so many horrible moments, but so many beautiful ones as well. They work their way from something dark to something truly beautiful. He gives up everything he is, everything he loved being, for her. He get’s a soul for her to be the sort of man she needs, and she believed that he could be a champion, her champion. He’s in her heart.

The Doctor/Rose

Okay, so what I’m going to say is nowhere near as beautiful as what Ash ^ did, because she described them so well. In the words of The Doctor himself, “She made him better.” He was lost before he met her and she brought him back to himself. Champion of the earth, defender of the earth. They are just so truly beautiful and epic. He gives her the gift of living a life he can never have. She travels across worlds to find him again. Everyone they met could see they loved each other. Jack, Donna, Martha, Mickey.
Oh Lord have you walked away? Have you walked away from me?
///Icon///
Goddess_of_Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Elite Fan

Night Blair.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
want to throw things, want to kill something
Is that new? It totally fits S/B

And now my SB is BA... (though, I'm still going to call it my 'BA' because I can)
Ria
Pickle-weasel! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Night Angela and Nat.

TFTNT Amy! The note in the OP rules.

And my SB is Doctor/Rose. And then SB.

Doctor/Rose

I can't even begin to say why I love them so much. I mean I could but it would spoil everyone too much. Their story is the most beautiful one I've seen on TV. Their first meeting is thrilling and exciting, I mean he saves her life and he keeps on saving her and she saves him. Every single time The Doctor or Rose get emotional I get emotional. Doomsday made me bawl like a baby during the beach scene and Journey's End did as well even though it was a happy ending, of sorts. Their journey was so wonderful to watch on screen. From the first moment The Doctor took her hand and told her to run to him saying goodbye in Doomsday, to them seeing each other again in The Stolen Earth. As the Doctor would say... "brilliant". Every single episode they were in together showed us how much they cared and love each other. And even when Rose wasn't in S3 she was mentioned so many times and the smile and the pride The Doctor had for her and the love was just lovely. Some people don't like Rose, they say she was too clingy and emotional, and weak but she saved the world so many times and the Doctor believed in her more than anything. Everyone on the show from the Daleks, to Jackie Rose's mom, to Jack, Donna, and even Martha knew he loved Rose and that there was nobody else for him and were all Badwolf Shippers. But yeah I honestly can't put why I love them because it would be more of me just writing out every scene they had together because it was all amazing. I have never cried so much during a show and it's because The Doctor and Rose feel so real to me. I can feel what they feel. When they had to say goodbye I felt their pain, when they saw each other again after so long I felt that happiness. Rose brings out a side of the Doctor that's so fierce and noble. He's so very protective of Rose and she won't ever leave him. She said in Doomsday that he used to be all alone when he traveled the universe, saving people and planets, but he's not alone anymore because he's got me. She loves The Doctor more than anything and like The Doctor said she made him better and he needs her. As you can see from the quotes they love each other deeply and even when Rose isn't around she's everything to him and they all know it. Simply put, they fixed each other. To me Doctor/Rose are the definition of epic. They are one of the greatest love stories I have ever seen, maybe even the greatest. She made him better. He gave her life meaning.

Quotes

The Doctor: I'm The Doctor, by the way. What's your name?
Rose: Rose.
The Doctor: Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

The Doctor: There was a war. And we lost.
Rose: A war with who? [The Doctor doesn't answer, seemingly lost in thought.] What about your people?
The Doctor: I'm a Time Lord. I'm the last of the Time Lords. They're all gone. I'm the only survivor.
I'm left travelling on my own cause there's no one else.
Rose: There's me.

The Doctor: Rose, before I go, I just wanna tell you: you were fantastic, absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I!

Rose: I thought you and me were... Well obviously I got it wrong. I've been to the year 5 billion but this,
this is really seeing the future, you just leave us behind. Is that what you are gonna do to me?
The Doctor: NO. Not to you.
The Doctor: I don't age. I regenerate. But humans decay. You wither and you die. Imagine watching that happen to someone who you...
Rose: what, Doctor?
The Doctor: You can spend the rest of your life with me... But I can't spend the rest of mine with you.

The Doctor: Rose...
Detective-Inspector Bishop: you know her?
The Doctor: KNOW her? She's... They did what? They just took her face and left her in the street. And as a result, that makes
things simple, very, very simple. You know why? Because now, Detective-Inspector Bishop, THERE IS NO POWER ON THIS EARTH THAT CAN STOP ME!

The Doctor: If you talk to Rose... Tell her I..... oh, she knows.

The Doctor: I’ve seen fake gods and bad gods and demigods and would-be gods. And out of all that, out of that
whole pantheon, if I believe in one thing, just one thing… I believe in HER.

The Doctor: How long are you going to stay with me?
Rose: Forever.

The Doctor: There's one tiny little gap in the universe left, just about to close. And it takes a lot of power to send this projection,
I'm in orbit around a supernova. I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye.
Rose: Am I ever gonna see you again?
The Doctor: You can't.
Rose: What're you gonna do?
The Doctor: Oh, I've got the TARDIS. Same old life. Last of the Time Lords.
Rose: On your own? I lo-- I love you.
The Doctor: Quite right, too. And I suppose... if it's one last chance to say it... Rose Tyler...

Donna: The thing is, Doctor... no matter what's happening - and I'm sure it's bad, I get that. But... Rose is coming back. Isn't that good?
The Doctor does not react for a moment. Then he looks up, eyes shining.
The Doctor: (whispers, then the biggest smile possibly creeps up on his face) yeah.

Rose: Oh, she's good.
Martha: Who's that?
Rose: : My name's Rose. Rose Tyler.
Martha: [stunned] Oh my God...he found you.

The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

I won't put more quotes. That would be overkill spoiling.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP

Last edited by Burning Up A Sun; 03-13-2009 at 03:05 PM
Burning Up A Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

It is new. It fits me and my shipper ways, in any case.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

I love how the first page is actually on topic

And now my post feels that it needs to be re-posted too
If you had asked me a little over a month ago, I would have said, without a doubt:

Michael and Maria

They are imperfectly perfect. The same, yet so different. It's like they have some kind of hold over each other. And they had their problems, it was a rough ride, but at the end of the day they always loved each other. It was never about loving someone else, or falling out of love, it was always them having to overcome their internal problems to be together. Michael had spent all his life building up these walls to stop him from getting connected to this Earth, and then one day this crazy-quirky girl slowly tares them down, and then finally, when he has the chance to go back to his "home", the thing he has always wanted most in this world, he chooses to stay here with the woman he loves. And Maria wanted to escape from all the "alien chaos" and finally she has an out, they're leaving and she has a chance to stay in Roswell and get her out. But what does she do? She goes with because she can't be without Michael. It wasn't planned, they did ever dream of falling in this deep, but their was no escaping it. It turned into a beautiful love story and I believe that they could have been ever more amazing if another season of the show had happened. To sum up, I thin that Isabel in one of the tie-in books explained their relationship perfectly:
"No matter what evidence we may have to the contrary, those two were made for each other. No one else will have them."
They might not be my ultimate couple, but their is still something about them that makes me love them and always will.

But since I started watching Btvs, I realized that no couple can compare, and I don't think ever will, to:

Buffy and Angel

To me, they define true love. I think their story is one of the greatest love stories. Their relationship is transcendent. It's epic, it's heartbreaking, it's passionate, it's powerful, it's tragic, it's true. In their first scene together, I was hooked. And from that moment they evolved in such a way that I just couldn't help loving everything about them, even a spin-off couldn't stop their love. It was something in all their scenes together that just sparked. Buffy and Angel always carry apart of the other one with them, wherever they go, and it's in a part of their hearts that no one else can quite touch upon For me, at the end of everything, I can't see them not picking to be together. And that's part of why I love them so much, and they deserve a chance to be happy together. They have sacrificed so much for the other person. But if for some reason they can't be happy in this life, their love goes beyond that, and transcends through time. No matter what, a piece of their hearts will always belong to each other, and somewhere, beyond they'll be able to be happy together. But every moment they spend together, it seems like the whole world falls apart and it's only them, always in love with each other. And they have some of the greatest scenes together...and when I think of them, I always remember the ends of Becoming Part 2 and I Will Remember You, and just thinking about makes me tear up, loving somebody that much, but having to put it aside for the "greater good." And I'll always believe that they would choose a life together, if the circumstances are different. But then those circumstances are what make them into the couple they are...the classic vampire in love with a human added twist that she is a slayer, chosen to kill him, and as Giles said it's "poetic." Forbidden love at it's finest. And the fact that people still talk about it today means that is made some kind of impact. It doesn't matter to me that the show ended almost 6 years ago, they are still amazing.

I'm pretty sure I could go on, but I don't even know if I have the right words to describe how much I love them.

ETA: I guess Angela really did spread it around...and now that everyone is gone, I'm going to bed So goodnight left to anyone out there.
Ria

Last edited by Pickle-weasel!; 03-13-2009 at 12:34 AM
Pickle-weasel! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Everyone has an SB deep down inside. It's that one couple that makes you cry, laugh, smile, want to throw things, want to kill something

Oh yes, this is definitely House/Cuddy for me, I identify with wanting to do every one of these things since I've been shipping them. Especially the wanting to throw things part, mainly at them on my TV screen. Never before have I seen a more twisted, awkward, stubborn, complicated couple as these two. Nothing is ever conventional, nothing is ever sinple and everything usually ultimately ends in disaster. And that's why I love them, you never know what to expect and things sure never get cheesy/boring. Not bad going considering Cuddy was originally only intended to be House's foil, the one who kept him in line and stopped him from doing anything too insane. But even from the start, due in part to the actors, they always had a spark. There was always a hint of something simmering under the surface with these two, and of course we now know that they've known each other since college and had a "hot night of good lovin'" at one point. And that just adds yet more layers to their already complicated relationship. What they have may be dirty and messy and unconventional, but there's no denying that there's love between them. It will probably never work out long term, but they'll always love each other and always have that unique connection between them, I think they're two people who are just always supposed to be in each other's lives. As long as that remains I'll be happy, and in the meantime I can't wait to see where this crazy story goes next.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

Awesome title!!

Shipper fairness FTW!
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Ace Of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Extreme Fan

loves it! Shipper fairness, especially spuffy shipper fairness is great
Old 03-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

My favourite couple of all time is without a doubt Lucas & Peyton from the TV show One Tree Hill. I have never loved/supported a couple as much as I have these two.

They have an epic love story, have been through everything life could throw at them and in the end they always find their way back to one another. They had an instant connection and understanding of one another. Lucas got Peyton to open up, to trust people and to let love in. He has saved her from life threatening situations and he also saved her from herself. They are true love always and I could go on forever about why I love them so much but I'll keep this post short and end it with one of my favourite LP quotes.

"Suddenly it was if the roar of the crowd, the echo of the final buzzer, the cheers from my teammates were all sound from a thousand miles away and what remained in that bizarre, muffled silence was only Peyton. The girl whose art and passion and beauty had changed my life. In that moment my triumph was not a state championship but simple clarity; the realisation that we had always been meant for each other and every instinct to the contrary had simply been a denial of the following truth. I was now and would always be in love with Peyton Sawyer."

Even if saving you sends me to heaven
LucasPeyton
~ SawyerKate ~ EdwardBella ~ SheldonPenny ~ Icon: Paul1984

Last edited by Luke&Peyt; 03-13-2009 at 10:44 AM
Luke&Peyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Nice title. I didn't see a lot of Buffy but from the little I did see, Spike/Buffy were hot!

But looking at, only, all time OTPs, Ron/Hermione and Jackie/Hyde are way, way, WAY ahead of all my other ships. I RHr because it was my first ship ever and JH is, without a doubt, my all time favorite TV ship!

And just throwing it in there anyway, Kate/Sawyer is my favorite current OTP!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

my all time fav couple is Ron/Hermione..

i don't even know if i could explain why, i just love everything about them.