Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

The Dreamers {Betty ღ Kate} #3: "I really like you, Kate." "I like you too, Betty."

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Kate Andrews. Sweet and shy, she ran away from home and gained employment as a floor worker at a bomb factory, Victory Munitions. It was there she met Betty McRae, a brash, outspoken tomboy. The two couldn't have been more different, and yet, they found themselves drawn to each other. And thus, their tentative friendship blossomed into something w o n d e r f u l. But all was not well: when Kate's father finally found her, her new world came crumbling down. She was forced to leave, but Betty vowed to find her.

Their story has only just begun . . .

“The story of Betty and Kate is truly the great love story of the first season.”
Michael MacLennan, creator

s h i p p e r s ;
01. five items
02. mitzay
03. KamilaJ
04. zazie87
05. giftofamber
06. arakha
07. Youmademeseeit
08. Scully_fan
09. ♥EclipseOfTime♥
10. Onomatopoeia
11. eiluvial
12. messy_redhead
13. rararawr
14. soleille
15. quorvo
16. LadyTubbington
17. carol14
18. khalel610
19. murphyboy11
20. constantnothing
21. ShortyK125
22. emzandnaomifan

x

• • •

“It's pretty obvious that Betty's got it bad for Kate.”
Ali Liebert

• • •

s e a s o n 1 ;

• • •

I think that Betty thinks they're right for each other ... I think that the friendship and the kindness that
Betty is feeling from Kate is a real nice change ... Kate has really been a positive influence on Betty's life.

Ali Liebert

I knew that Betty and Kate would be the love story of the first season ... we're
an eight o'clock network show, and the great love story was a lesbian story.
Michael MacLennan

• • •

f u t u r e ;

"Wanna try a twirl?"
"You're a treasure, Betty."
Because Betty doesn't have the words to explain it, but we know: it's love.
Because Kate inspires Betty to be a better person.
Because Betty kept (and kissed!) Kate's picture.
Because Gladys gave Kate a Valentine to remind her of Betty.
"I was walking around thinking that I had no family left. And then I realized that I did."
"Why do you want me messing up your life?" "The thing is, Kate ... the thing is ... "

p a s t ;

#01 - "Whatever you're running from? You're safe here now. I'll make sure."
# 02 - "Please, Kate, don't leave. I love you."

x

x
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 01-23-2013 at 09:00 AM
Old 03-18-2012, 06:13 PM
New Fan

Brand-spankin'-new!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yay, thanks for setting it up Twist. I still cannot get over Ali Liebert's face in the Betty being melty interview. It's just how do you face?

I was thinking about the song survivor, maybe we could do like - Okay, I have no idea if it'd work or how unwieldy it'd be but we could put the songs in a surveymonkey questionnaire, like, five songs (there's actually only 67 songs on the list, number 28 is missing and we've (already?) voted out 2 songs so...there should be 65 left?) per question (13 questions) and it'd be head-to-head battle all at one go?

Or even 66 songs with 11 questions?

And the songs that'd go head-to-head would be decided by the random generator website?

Just throwing stuff into the brainstorm.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia (View Post)
I still cannot get over Ali Liebert's face in the Betty being melty interview. It's just how do you face?
Ali Liebert's face ANYTIME gets me. *sigh* I's in luuurve
Old 03-19-2012, 03:50 PM
New Fan

OKAY so you ladies will appreciate this. If you haven't already seen it (which I'm sure many of you have) you must go immediately to watch this behind the scenes video from The Break-up Artist with Ali in it. I know we appreciate BK here but I know y'all loves the real ladies too

About halfway through is her super super short interview portion (hilarious nonetheless though) but the real magic happens at the end. Scroll to about 5:55. This actor says something like the most important thing that should come out of the movie is seeing Ali Liebert's Britney Spears impression and then BAM, there it is.

I may or may not have watched this repeatedly all day.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yay, thanks for setting it up Twist. I still cannot get over Ali Liebert's face in the Betty being melty interview. It's just how do you face?
Her face is always so perfectly expressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rararawr (View Post)
This actor says something like the most important thing that should come out of the movie is seeing Ali Liebert's Britney Spears impression and then BAM, there it is.
Her impression sounded so good though. I still don't understand how she's so perfect, it shouldn't be humanly possible.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:34 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥EclipseOfTime♥ (View Post)
Her impression sounded so good though. I still don't understand how she's so perfect, it shouldn't be humanly possible.
I know!! I can't find a single thing wrong with her. Her Liza impression is spot-on too.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

And they say, "She's so lucky, she's a star" but she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart thinking, "if there's nothing missing in my life then whhyyyyyyy doooooo theeese teaaaaaars come at night?"

She sings in the movie "Afghan Luke" (two seconds of two different bits, lol). Here's to hoping somebody puts a clip of that on Youtube - stat.

Also, this.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:21 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Also, this.
YES. I saw this the other day - so glad someone managed to get that up. I'd love it if there were more of her YOTC scenes though. I finally watched it and she was perfection in that movie.

I just finished Harper's Island and I found The Break-up Artist online last night so I'm on Ali-overload. And I don't hate it.

Afghan Luke will be next; I've been curious to hear her sing for real.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Extreme Fan

I need to watch Afghan Luke and The Break-Up Artist but my internet is really slow at the moment I'm afraid I'll kill my computer if I attempt to watch anything on it. I've seen bits and pieces of Harper's Island but not much, my friend watched it and told me it wasn't worth it but of course back then I hadn't been introduced to Ali and her perfect everything.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥EclipseOfTime♥ (View Post)
I need to watch Afghan Luke and The Break-Up Artist but my internet is really slow at the moment I'm afraid I'll kill my computer if I attempt to watch anything on it. I've seen bits and pieces of Harper's Island but not much, my friend watched it and told me it wasn't worth it but of course back then I hadn't been introduced to Ali and her perfect everything.
I really loved Harper's actually. Even if Ali wasn't in it as much as I would have liked her to be. Elaine Cassidy is amazing in it. I watched the whole thing on YT; I think the channel was extremeviolence something-or-other. I hope your computer's all better soon so you can enjoy more Ali goodness.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:06 AM
New Fan

Quote:
YES. I saw this the other day - so glad someone managed to get that up. I'd love it if there were more of her YOTC scenes though. I finally watched it and she was perfection in that movie.

I just finished Harper's Island and I found The Break-up Artist online last night so I'm on Ali-overload. And I don't hate it.

Afghan Luke will be next; I've been curious to hear her sing for real.
I did the exact same thing! Watched YOTC because I heard she was great in it (Spoiler: She was). Then I watched Harper's Island. I always planned on watching it because the mystery sounded fun and also because of Elaine Cassidy but the fact that Ali was in it was the reason why I started.

Now after watching those youtube clips it makes me want to watch The Break-Up Artist and Afghan Luke except I don't want to look like a crazy person.

Bomb Girls can't come soon enough. According to an interview podcast with Michael Maclennan where he talked about the production of Bomb Girls and that, he said they're hoping for an early Jan showing for s2.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:17 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Twist

I saw Harper's Island too and I didn't even remember seing Ali in it.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:02 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quorvo (View Post)
Bomb Girls can't come soon enough. According to an interview podcast with Michael Maclennan where he talked about the production of Bomb Girls and that, he said they're hoping for an early Jan showing for s2.
Yep they start shooting in the fall.

And back on the BK train: as much as aI want to see these two together, I would be so devastated if they copped out and did some wishy-washy reunion really early in the season. If it's going to be realistic, I think they need to drag it out a bit. I mean the idea that Kate would even CONSIDER it, what with the era and her family history, is super far-fetched. But I also think that if they don't eventually end up together, there'll be a huge stir in the viewership. Peeps will be pissed.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yep they start shooting in the fall.
Whenever someone says that shooting starts in fall, I think of my fall (or rather, autumn) – which started earlier this month and then I get excited. Imagine my disappointment each time I remember that it's actually September. Woes of not living in the northern hemisphere.
Quote:
And back on the BK train: as much as aI want to see these two together, I would be so devastated if they copped out and did some wishy-washy reunion really early in the season. If it's going to be realistic, I think they need to drag it out a bit.
Yeah, to be honest, I don't think they'd screw it up. I mean, they've spent so much effort treating the Betty and Kate storyline (and all the other ones too) with a good deal of respect. It seems a waste to knock it all out in season two. But anyway, I'm curious to see what Kate's home life is like. It'll be tears, tears and lots of angst before anything canon happens.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top