Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

WE know he has not been playing her. The difference now is, whereas the detractors had no leg to stand on before other than their fanwank and wishful thinking, they do have circumstantial evidence to support their fanwank now. They now have stuff that can be argued both ways when previously, in my view, they were just talking ****.

I do not agree with anything the haters are saying but taking off my shipper goggles, I can see they have a basis for an argument albeit a wrong one, but a basis nevertheless.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
His scenes when he is alone is proof enough he isn't using her. In the first few episodes, no one can argue that he wasn't using her. However, the moment he went behind his father, I knew he was catching feelings. In 2.05, he looked like an abandon puppy, because she ignored him for a month. I think he was looking for something more real between them, but he doesn't realize at that time that is what he wants. When she slyly admitted she missed him in Ewings United, you can see him softening, because he missed her too. I didn't see any calculation there. In the hostage situation and the hospital, John Ross was impulsive and instinctive. Neither action is based on thinking. So he's playing her there doesn't make sense.

I guess some people can argue that he felt guilty at the hospital, because he invited her to the rig. That's a thin argument.

Basically, he hasn't been playing her. If anything, he has been playing himself. Sorry for the rambling.

THIS.

Also, how do you explain that scene where he is seating alone and drinking after Pamela told him that she didn't believe what he said about her father being responsible? He was ALONE and seating, looking miserable. Then Bobby came in and could even tell he was upset about Pamela.

It's interesting how EVERYONE has noticed his feelings for her. Bobby even wondered if he LOVES her. RJ noticed that he cares for her. Even Cliff was wondering what the deal was. In one scene, even Chris said, "I know you CARE about her, John Ross. But she needs to know the truth." When they were all telling John Ross to tell Pam about Cliff, and he didn't want to do it because he was afraid she'd "break." He was like the ONLY one truly concerned about her reaction.

Not buying the whole ridiculous "he doesn't care about her" analysis. You'd have to be blind to believe that. Or completely ignore the whole entire season.

"I need you."
Rebel Leader and Brave Princess

credit for the icon: KeepThisaSecret
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Well hopefully we get an s3 and everything is made clear for everyone. And if we do get one it will probably be in like a year or so so they have time to find ways to fix things and right a decent s3.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Under the Dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Don't apologize, I like it

I don't think he was using her except from that scene at her place when he manipulated her for them to go get married but I guess if people already hate the couple or too upset about the cliffhanger and want to take what Josh said as saying he was using her all season instead of from the shares stuff than whatever it's not going to change my wanting an s3 just for them to fix this mess. I mean aside from the Emma obsession in the recent CC interviews, the other interviews seems to point out them wanting to make them the JR-SE long term thing of our generation. I am really starting to hope they change showrunner and go with someone who wants more Ewings and less newbies. A lot of former Dallas actors would love to come back, why not bring them on instead of characters like Emma and Drew that can't seem to connect with the audience at all.
Thanks.
I would like a change in showrunner. I want someone who knows more about the history of Dallas and who is knowledgeable about big business and the law.

So with my obsession with watching clips, I noticed something interesting. Twice John Ross has found Pamela on the balcony. At the start of their sexual relationship and during the biggest turning point in their relationship.

"We're going to have a life together. We're going to have love.
Kids...Everything... Anything that you want." ~ Barbie
"Love you, too." ~ Julia

Last edited by Lostcandy; 04-18-2013 at 10:28 PM
Old 04-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheefan (View Post)
WE know he has not been playing her. The difference now is, whereas the detractors had no leg to stand on before other than their fanwank and wishful thinking, they do have circumstantial evidence to support their fanwank now. They now have stuff that can be argued both ways when previously, in my view, they were just talking ****.

I do not agree with anything the haters are saying but taking off my shipper goggles, I can see they have a basis for an argument albeit a wrong one, but a basis nevertheless.

I have NEVER seen any haters of the John Ross/Pamela pairing at all. This pairing is hugely popular. Youtube videos/twitter/other forums/facebook/etc all show their popularity and buzz.

I see the "hardcore" John Ross/Pamela fans REALLY going off right now on twitter and other forums. That's where the backlash is coming from. From the actual FANS of John Ross/Pamela together. Not from random fans or whatever. The HATE/backlash for that 90 seconds ending Emma cliffhanger is coming from specifically the John Ross/Pamela fans.

What I don't think the fans realize is they should show SUPPORT for this couple and ask the writers to FIX their situation. Tweet positive comments about IMPROVING the storyline for our favorite couple for season 3. Not comments about how Pamela should cheat now, too, or how she should get another dude or whatever.

That 90 seconds scene can EASILY be fixed with solid/good writing in the next season.

I LOVE this pairing because Josh/Julie together is pure GOLD. Best chemistry and acting on this show. If they separate them, I have no interest in watching the show. I only started watching it because I saw clips of their amazing storyline.

All I'm saying is tweet comments to Aaron that suggest that they should FIX that ending scene. Don't tweet stuff like Pamela now should cheat on him, too.

"I need you."

Old 04-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Under the Dome

^^^ Exactly, a lot of people are coming up with great ways to fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
THIS.

Also, how do you explain that scene where he is seating alone and drinking after Pamela told him that she didn't believe what he said about her father being responsible? He was ALONE and seating, looking miserable. Then Bobby came in and could even tell he was upset about Pamela.

It's interesting how EVERYONE has noticed his feelings for her. Bobby even wondered if he LOVES her. RJ noticed that he cares for her. Even Cliff was wondering what the deal was. In one scene, even Chris said, "I know you CARE about her, John Ross. But she needs to know the truth." When they were all telling John Ross to tell Pam about Cliff, and he didn't want to do it because he was afraid she'd "break." He was like the ONLY one truly concerned about her reaction.

Not buying the whole ridiculous "he doesn't care about her" analysis. You'd have to be blind to believe that. Or completely ignore the whole entire season.

"Love you, too." ~ Julia
Old 04-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
^^^ Exactly, a lot of people are coming up with great ways to fix it.

It's a freaking 90 seconds scene!

I'm SURE it can be fixed with solid writing.

Just don't have John Ross "hooking up" with Emma at all. Move the Emma storyline to SOMEONE ELSE. Have John Ross/Pamela have more bonding/closeness moments where you see them falling in love with each other. Especially show more clear feelings from John Ross's side towards Pamela. Give us more epic scenes with John Ross and Pamela like the "rain scene" or the "forehead kiss scene."

That's it.

"I need you."

Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Under the Dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
It's a freaking 90 seconds scene!

I'm SURE it can be fixed with solid writing.

Just don't have John Ross "hooking up" with Emma at all. Move the Emma storyline to SOMEONE ELSE. Have John Ross/Pamela have more bonding/closeness moments where you see them falling in love with each other. Especially show more clear feelings from John Ross's side towards Pamela. Give us more epic scenes with John Ross and Pamela like the "rain scene" or the "forehead kiss scene."

That's it.
I kind of want everything from when she gets up out of the chair to be a drug induced hallucination. Pamela can come in and tell JR to "Get the case," and they leave her.
They can fix it also with him handcuffing her to the bed too.

If a whole season can be a dream, then a 90 s can easily be undone.

I think it would be most interesting if Pamela was in on it. I think that's a different dynamic than anyone is used to. Everyone has watched a cheating storyline. They are repetitive and screams lazy writing.

I hate to keep repeating myself, but I'm still pissed about them not getting an alone scene in the last hour.

"Love you, too." ~ Julia
Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I hate to keep repeating myself, but I'm still pissed about them not getting an alone scene in the last hour.

I think episode 15 was just a BAD John Ross/Pamela episode, generally speaking. They didn't get an alone scene. And I wanted for John Ross to comfort Pamela a bit more after her confrontation with her father about knowing that he killed her babies. We should have seen John Ross being there for her. Instead, I feel like Pamela only got like 1 minute of fully yelling at her father. I thought that scene would have been bigger.

Anyway, episode 14 was GREAT for them. You saw them as a unit. And I still love that he kept asking her if she was okay. He stood there and watched her when she kind of was in her own little space while looking at the mirror. I think he was worried about how she was handling the fact that her father is a cold killer.

I was reading some of Aaron's OLDER twitter comments, and this writer is a BIG John Ross/Pamela fan. He has mentioned more than a few times that he loves them together.

So I feel a little bad that the fans seem to be jumping on him right now. That cliffhanger was without a doubt Cynthia's decision (she probably wanted her favorite Emma in the ending scene!) I'm sure Aaron didn't come up with it. And now he is getting so much heat on twitter!!!

Again, please everyone who is READING this forum, send optimistic comments to Aaron in regards to John Ross/Pamela. The writers CAN still fix that cliffhanger:
https://twitter.com/AaronAllen227

"I need you."

Old 04-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

I don't have twitter or anything like that but before even talking about fixing it, I wish they (TNT) would know we do want an s3 even if fans in general hated the last couple mins, that can still be fix so come on give us that renewal news already.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Under the Dome

I want renewal news as well as a press release about changing showrunners.

Juliet, I also wish we got a scene after she confronted Roy. That's when she finally accepted that her dad did it intentionally. That was huge. The writers dropped the ball when it came to them in the last episode.

I love how he watches her. He does that in this scene too.

Sorry, I need to stay off youtube. I asked my friend to send me to JR/PR rehab.

"Love you, too." ~ Julia
Old 04-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sorry, I need to stay off youtube. I asked my friend to send me to JR/PR rehab.
I need to stay away from youtube and facebook but for different reasons, I didn't expect to read comments of people actually liking the end twist not because they like Emma-JR cause I think a good majority don't care for her character at all but they are happy the show is honoring JR by making John Ross follow in his footstep. meh. At this point I just want the renewal news and by the time the possible s3 airs maybe I will care less about that cliffhanger. I just hope the cheating doesn't taint all future JRPR scenes now for me. They really had a great thing going before that. I mean I wasn't that into the show in s1 and s2 made me care about it more.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Under the Dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I need to stay away from youtube and facebook but for different reasons, I didn't expect to read comments of people actually liking the end twist not because they like Emma-JR cause I think a good majority don't care for her character at all but they are happy the show is honoring JR by making John Ross follow in his footstep. meh. At this point I just want the renewal news and by the time the possible s3 airs maybe I will care less about that cliffhanger. I just hope the cheating doesn't taint all future JRPR scenes now for me. They really had a great thing going before that. I mean I wasn't that into the show in s1 and s2 made me care about it more.
I haven't been on Facebook yet. I saw a few tweets about people liking that he is turning into his daddy. :yuck: I don't need him to take after his father in everyway

"Love you, too." ~ Julia
Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 AM
Master Fan

I honestly don't know what the writers were thinking in that last scene.

Would any John Ross/Pamela pairing fan like that scene? I mean, WHY would a fan of a pairing want to see cheating?

I guess, if you are a general Dallas fan who doesn't care much about pairings/romance but watches the show for the whole "business" aspect, then you'd probably have a "whatever" reaction.

But I just don't see why ANY John Ross/Pamela fan would like that scene.

Lostcandy, I also love the way that John Ross looks at Pam.

This below scene is also a PERFECT example to show his feelings for her. Why does he look like he's about to cry when she walks away? He's on the verge of actual tears. I remember when I first watched the below scene, I was a bit surprised by his reaction because this was so early on.
Dallas 2012 - John and Rebecca (Pamela) Scene 2.05 "Nothing personal" - YouTube

"I need you."

Old 04-19-2013, 04:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

We should post One shots where we do How the last ep Should have ended for JRPR
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top