Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

EveღRoarke #1: "I can't compromise a murder investigation because I'm physically attracted to a suspect."

{ Roarke Eve }

Appreciation Thread

Shippers:

#1: dreamywriter19
#2: Laurababora
#3: AragornsQueen
#4: clarkson fan
#5: ChakotaysLover

The Characters:

Eve
A self-made woman to the core, Lieutenant Eve Dallas fought her way up from a horrific childhood to becoming the top and most respected cop in New York City. Strong, brave and impossibly hard-working, Eve is often haunted by shadows of her past- a past she struggles to leave behind.
Described as “tall and lanky with whiskey-colored eyes and short choppy brown hair”, Eve is complicated and unbearably sad. She doesn’t allow herself to love often, but when she finally does, she does so with all her heart.

Roarke

Roarke is the epitome of a woman’s fantasy. Amazingly handsome and ridiculously rich, he’s as sophisticated as Eve is unpolished. No stranger to life’s hardships himself, Roarke worked his way from the slums of Dublin to the best and most exclusive area in New York- or whatever fancy spot he’s in at the time.
He’s described as “the epitome of tall, dark and handsome”, with deep blue eyes and a face Eve often considers belongs to a Renaissance painting. He’s not without his fair share of secrets; secrets he only feels comfortable enough to share once Eve Dallas enters his life- and turns it upside down.

The Story:

Falling in love was the last thing Lieutenant Eve Dallas had in mind when she was assigned the investigation of a high-profile murder case. An Irish billionaire's name kept popping up in it- Roarke's name. Not believing in coincidences, Eve approaches him, not knowing her entire life is about to change. What she does know, what she finds out quickly, is that this blue-eyed stranger stirrs something inside her she'd rather keep doormant.

Our Words:

I love Eve & Roarke. Eve is a strong, sexy, independent, seriously kick-ass woman. Despite being haunted by crippling personal demons that always linger on the periphery of her vision, she fights to see justice restored to the powerless and disenfranchised. It’s this determination that that allows her personal and professional lives to collide spectacularly when she meets Roarke, initial mysterious suspect but her eventual fallen angel.
Roarke is confident, intelligent, gorgeous, dark and with the mysteries of his past whispering gently in the lilt of his Irish ancestry, he is everything Eve should avoid - and yet despite her protests, they are made for one another.
Where she is stubborn and determined, he is patient and reasonable. Where she puts others ahead of her own needs, he makes her his priority. Where she obsesses and pushes herself to breaking point, he provides clarity and a safe place to land. He vows to break down every wall she had ever managed to erect around her heart and he crusades unashamedly into the very cavern of her soul.
With Roarke, Eve lets her guard down completely, and with Eve, Roarke finds comfort and peace for the first time in his life. But they are not perfect people. Both parties are completely scarred, world weary, slightly embittered, cynical and battered human beings. But with each other, they find unconditional love, passionate discourse, faithful loyalty and acceptance without fear of judgement. They are loyal partners and each other’s fiercest champion.
They are quite simply perfect for each other.
Naz

Last edited by dreamywriter19; 08-15-2011 at 10:36 AM
dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Supreme Fan

I love these two! Please add me to the list!
Icon: thememoryslides
Laurababora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

Added you Welcome to the thread! I'm Caro
Old 04-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks Caro! I'm Laura
Old 04-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Nice to meet you How long have you been reading the In Death series?
Old 04-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Nice to meet you too! I think I've been reading it since it first came out. I just love Nora Roberts and loved her writing as JD Robb! How about you?
Old 04-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Only a few weeks. I've loved Nora for years, but I could never get this series in my country. Then, a few months ago, I discovered BookMooch and voilà! I ordered the first, then the second and so on
I'm on Ceremony in Death right now.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Supreme Fan

I've not read them in order nor have I finished reading all of them but I'm working on it lol. Where do you live?
Old 04-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurababora (View Post)
I've not read them in order nor have I finished reading all of them but I'm working on it lol. Where do you live?
I have to read them in order. It's a compulsion I'm from Argentina, you?
Old 04-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Supreme Fan

lol I really should read them in order. I'm from Canada That's cool! You write/speak English really well!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

Thanks! It means a lot

The ones you absolutely have to read first are the first 4 books, imo. After that, I've been told it's not absolutely necessary.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Supreme Fan

No problem!

I've read the first two but then I read randomly after that lol.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Which one is your fave?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Supreme Fan

I think probably the first one where Eve meets Roarke. I love their meeting! How about you?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Oh, their first meeting was priceless

My favorite was Immortal in Death, I think. Eve's wedding preparations, remembering killing her father, more insight into Roarke's character. And of course I loved to hate Casto
Reply   Post New Thread