Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2014, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miki_cza (View Post)
I love them together and don't see platonic relationship that everybody is talking about That Lovers card wasn't a coincidence.
I liked the fact demon was wearing Ethan's skin when he wanted to seduce Vanessa. Devil thought that Ethan was the only one she could really trust
Welcome, Monika!
Added you.

I kept going back to the tarot card, too, because it seemed a pretty big sign. But sometimes plans for a show and its themes and storylines change after the pilot, and I didn't want to get my hopes up with Dorian and Brona so important in the picture.
(Not that thinking Ethan and Vanessa wouldn't hook up would stop me from shipping - I just love their chemistry and connection too much)
But after everything we saw in episode 7, I'm back to think romance is still something the writers will pursue at some point. And I'm more than fine with a slow-build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by always be my baby (View Post)
I would recommend The Faculty. It was cheesy as hell, but fun?
I like fun. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for adding me Fran

There is nothing more exciting than a slow build up I love romantic relationships build on trust and friendship.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too. I want to see them get closer and closer and support each other.

Ethan has witnessed the full force of the demons Vanessa is trying to fight. I wonder if we'll ever get to see her find out about Ethan's secret, and how she would react.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

It will always be one of my favorite Penny moments

x
Old 07-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mine, too.
So well acted, powerful and raw.

I love how protective of her he is. We also got to see him step forward before anyone else when Mina got to trap Vanessa in the finale.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

I loved those little moments

He stands up so quickly, it's adorable. And then he stares at her so intensely

x

I like when Ethan is being flirty

x

Brona is standing right next to him, but when Vanessa is around he's mesmerized
Old 07-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
She is always fantastic but Eva should get a Emmy nomination for episode 7 alone.
I'm a masochist, that might be why I keep going back to that episode.

I just love that out of everyone it was Ethan who managed to bring Vanessa back - I thought it was because of some inner power he had and would be revealed in the finale, but now I think it was simply because his heart was in the right place and she trusted him on a deeper level.

I haven't decided whether to stay away from them or not yet.
I usually tell myself that I'll just read some general things to have an idea of what's to come... then I give in and spoil myself rotten. Argh.

Hey there!
Thanks for stopping by. (I don't know your name, sorry about that )
We'll use this thread to spread the Eva love, too.
Np babe call me Asma and you can add me too
Old 07-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
He stands up so quickly, it's adorable. And then he stares at her so intensely
He's like a puppy there.
He can't help but gravitate towards her.
Quote:
I like when Ethan is being flirty
I was already a goner for these two after the pilot. I loved the banter. ("Do you have a name?" - "Yes." )
Quote:
Brona is standing right next to him, but when Vanessa is around he's mesmerized
I understand why Ethan connected with Brona and Vanessa with Dorian the way they did, each couple has two people with several things in common and make an obvious pairing, in a way, but I love how Ethan and Vanessa balance each other out - and complete each other (sorry about the sappy definition ) through their differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathly_smirk (View Post)
Np babe call me Asma and you can add me too
Thanks! And I'm going to add you right away.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He's like a puppy there.
He can't help but gravitate towards her.

I was already a goner for these two after the pilot. I loved the banter. ("Do you have a name?" - "Yes." )

I understand why Ethan connected with Brona and Vanessa with Dorian the way they did, each couple has two people with several things in common and make an obvious pairing, in a way, but I love how Ethan and Vanessa balance each other out - and complete each other (sorry about the sappy definition ) through their differences.
He looks like a puppy actually

I liked them from the beginning, but I have to admit not in a romatic way. They grew on me

Definitely! I'm a multishipper when it comes to Penny Dreadful I like Ethan/Brona too, and I hope something will happen with Vanessa/Victor Don't care about Vanessa/Dorian or Dorian/Brona though
Old 07-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
He looks like a puppy actually
After I posted I realized that he also is a puppy, literally. At least when there is the full moon.
Quote:
I liked them from the beginning, but I have to admit not in a romatic way. They grew on me
I liked the possibility of them romantically involved in the future since their scenes in the pilot, but I tried to resist and stick to "shipping" them just as friends because I thought it would be easier to enjoy all the other pairings without having preferences/bias. But here I am.
Quote:
Definitely! I'm a multishipper when it comes to Penny Dreadful I like Ethan/Brona too, and I hope something will happen with Vanessa/Victor Don't care about Vanessa/Dorian or Dorian/Brona though
I like Vanessa/Victor, but only as friends so far. And Ethan/Brona is incredibly sweet, but it doesn't intrigue me as much as I wish it did. Things could change next season - I'm curios to see where they go with back-from-the-dead Brona.
I'm with you about V/D and D/B - I don't know if it's because I'm not 100% sold on Dorian as a character yet (I was hoping we would get some development for his personal storyline and get to know him more in the finale, but we'll have to wait for S2) or the actor's performance that I can't connect to yet.
It's to rationalize why a pairing does it for you or not, anyway. But this show seems to go for the anyone/anyone approach so I'm sure all fans will have their happy moment.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
After I posted I realized that he also is a puppy, literally. At least when there is the full moon.

I liked the possibility of them romantically involved in the future since their scenes in the pilot, but I tried to resist and stick to "shipping" them just as friends because I thought it would be easier to enjoy all the other pairings without having preferences/bias. But here I am.

I like Vanessa/Victor, but only as friends so far. And Ethan/Brona is incredibly sweet, but it doesn't intrigue me as much as I wish it did. Things could change next season - I'm curios to see where they go with back-from-the-dead Brona.

I'm with you about V/D and D/B - I don't know if it's because I'm not 100% sold on Dorian as a character yet (I was hoping we would get some development for his personal storyline and get to know him more in the finale, but we'll have to wait for S2) or the actor's performance that I can't connect to yet.
It's to rationalize why a pairing does it for you or not, anyway. But this show seems to go for the anyone/anyone approach so I'm sure all fans will have their happy moment.
Right, he's a puppy I hope we get to see more of his transformation next season. We still don't really know if he was responsible for those murders... I hope Vanessa will be the first one to find out the truth about him

I'm a sucker for "friends becoming lovers" situation

I'm pretty obsessed with Vanessa/Victor, they are my two favorites so it's easy to ship them. I wanted them to have brother/sister relationship at first but now I'm all in I need more scenes next season!
I don't care about Brona that much, but she has a nice chemistry with Ethan

I couldn't care less about Dorian Maybe if he becomes part of the team, my feelings will change
I'm just happy we don't have any "shipping wars" yet
Old 07-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Thnx for the add Fran

Personally I think that Vanessa is multi-shippable PD is the type of show you can actually go bonkers on surprisingly
Old 07-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the thread. I havent gotten around to watching the show yet but will soon.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Right, he's a puppy I hope we get to see more of his transformation next season. We still don't really know if he was responsible for those murders... I hope Vanessa will be the first one to find out the truth about him
I know everyone and their mother expected Ethan to be revealed as a werewolf, but the fact that he doesn't turn into full wolf form actually made me doubt the whole thing because in that earlier episode where we see him wake up all lost and trembling outdoor, he still had all his clothes on and I thought perhaps it was a red herring. Silly me.

Considering that he likely slaughtered everyone inside the bar/tavern in the finale, it's a concrete possibility that he was involved in those early murderers. Unless *that* is the big red herring for his character.

Vanessa finding out the truth/being the one he first confesses his secret to would be fantastic. Even more fantastic if she managed to calm him somehow after he has turned, the way he did when the demons took hold of her, yet that might be too much to ask for.
Quote:
I'm a sucker for "friends becoming lovers" situation

I'm pretty obsessed with Vanessa/Victor, they are my two favorites so it's easy to ship them. I wanted them to have brother/sister relationship at first but now I'm all in I need more scenes next season!
I don't care about Brona that much, but she has a nice chemistry with Ethan
For now the siblings dynamic is what I see with Victor and Vanessa, but it could change. I really like Victor, but after Vanessa my second favourite is Ethan so I feel you on the shipping your faves together.

Brona got little screentime in S1 compared to the rest of the main cast (minus Sembene).
She revealed such a tragic backstory and strong spirit despite everything that it wasn't impossible not to feel for her a bit, but that didn't grew into lasting investment for me.
Quote:
I couldn't care less about Dorian Maybe if he becomes part of the team, my feelings will change
I'm hoping to warm up to him at some point. In one of the promo pics for the finale you can see him in front of the painting, so I guess they cut some of his bits and want to save them to expand on his character at the start of S2.
Quote:
I'm just happy we don't have any "shipping wars" yet
Those are the worst and spoil a lot of the fun. Even if I really dislike a pairing, I believe in voicing your critics with respect for those who think differently and keep it light-hearted. I don't know why shipping often brings out as much competitiveness as if we were talking opposing sport teams or political matters. Smaller fandoms have it better, though, so for now PD seems safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathly_smirk (View Post)
Personally I think that Vanessa is multi-shippable PD is the type of show you can actually go bonkers on surprisingly
She is, Eva has great chemistry with almost everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnColorsღ (View Post)
Thanks for the thread. I havent gotten around to watching the show yet but will soon.
I hope you enjoy it when/if you do! The first season only has 8 episodes so it doesn't take long to catch up.
I was first drawn to the show by the setting and premise, but what really makes it so entertaining even when the material isn't the greatest, or the writing the most layered, is how well the cast brings to life the characters and makes you invest in them.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know everyone and their mother expected Ethan to be revealed as a werewolf, but the fact that he doesn't turn into full wolf form actually made me doubt the whole thing because in that earlier episode where we see him wake up all lost and trembling outdoor, he still had all his clothes on and I thought perhaps it was a red herring. Silly me.

Vanessa finding out the truth/being the one he first confesses his secret to would be fantastic. Even more fantastic if she managed to calm him somehow after he has turned, the way he did when the demons took hold of her, yet that might be too much to ask for.
Ethan is a wolfman, not a werewolf so that's why his clothes weren't torn To be honest, I was indifferent towards Ethan in the beginning, but then he became more mysterious and intriguing. Maybe Vanessa wouldn't be able to "control" his inner wolf, but this thing inside her could

Quote:
For now the siblings dynamic is what I see with Victor and Vanessa, but it could change. I really like Victor, but after Vanessa my second favourite is Ethan so I feel you on the shipping your faves together.
I always want my two favorite character to interact, no matter if it's romantic or not

Quote:
Those are the worst and spoil a lot of the fun. Even if I really dislike a pairing, I believe in voicing your critics with respect for those who think differently and keep it light-hearted. I don't know why shipping often brings out as much competitiveness as if we were talking opposing sport teams or political matters. Smaller fandoms have it better, though, so for now PD seems safe.
I honestly don't know what's that about. Sometimes people are so vicious they attack actors in real life Those are the kind of fandoms that I would never want to be a part of.