Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

btw it's well known that the actors or the shows who truly deserve it, don't win. It's the same for the Oscars, so I'm not surprised that it happens with the GG or Emmy's
Old 12-15-2010, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the members of HFPA are 95. I think none of them watched Lost

BRB
Old 12-15-2010, 03:12 AM
Elite Fan

Well its not always like that. I mean some of the noms are well deserved but some of them are making you say "WTF?"

Alice for example... The critics for that movie were awful and i've seen noone who liked the movie. At all. But for some reason its nominated.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
but some of them are making you say "WTF?"
Yes, this writer feels like that.

Quote:
Lookit. The Walking Dead is a really good show, and I really loved it, but HAVE WE ALL FORGOTTEN that there were ONLY 6 EPISODES? There were more hours of The Thorn Birds than there were hours of the first season of The Walking Dead. And so you can not tell me that 6 hours of The Walking Dead were better produced or more emotionally satisfying or even as historically important as the last 18 hours of Lost that aired this year. I mean, you can tell me that, but I'm not going to listen, because you'd be wrong.
The 2011 Golden Globe Nominees
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Elite Fan

1 (ONE) JEN DETECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Jen!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I mean, you can tell me that, but I'm not going to listen, because you'd be wrong.
indeed
Old 12-15-2010, 03:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I mean, you can tell me that, but I'm not going to listen, because you'd be wrong.

Times Colonist:
Nominations for the 68th Annual Golden Globes were announced Tuesday, and the Hollywood Foreign Press maintained their reputation for some of the strangest, most surprising decisions of the awards show season.

Never was this more clear than in this year's television nominations, which gave nods to obscure actors while ignoring some of the best shows of the year. Take a look at the biggest upsets and oversights from the 2011 Golden Globe nominations.

Snub: Lost
Whether you loved or hated the Lost finale, you can't deny that the show produced quality (if infuriating) TV for six years.

Tv overmind:
The first thing that jumps out at me is the complete lack of Lost in the nominations. Nothing for Best Drama, Matthew Fox, Terry O'Quinn or Michael Emerson. To be honest, I'm pretty shocked by that. Then again, the HFPA is notorious for having some of the strangest nominations for any set of awards. For example, they love to nominate a young, American TV actress with a nice bosom who by all accounts isn't a serious acting contender (see: Paquin, Anna). This year, they outdid themselves, because they nominated two!! Piper Perabo and Jennifer Love Hewitt? Really?!?! I'm sure they're great people and their performances are fine, but you'll certainly never hear their names mentioned in Emmy nomination conversations.

Screencrave: Every year, we wake up ridiculously early (here on the West coast) to check out the nominees for the annual Golden Globes, and like clockwork we’re always disappointed. Don’t get us wrong, there were a few surprises for many actors and shows this year but not enough to compensate for the Hollywood Foreign Press’ utter disregard for some diamonds in the rough. Did you notice the lack of love for “Community,” “Lost,” or “Breaking Bad?” They weren’t acknowledged for their work in 2010 but “Covert Affairs” and “Hung” were. Just think about that for a minute.

The Golden Globes go gay
So, to summarize, make out with a lady on screen this year and have a good chance of touching a Globe – er, sorry Golden Globe. If you were doing it right on screen I’m sure hoping you rounded second already. The Golden Globe nominations, with their recognition of both movies and TV, are always a mixed bag. The organization is known more for its ability to throw a party than its serious interest in honoring artistic excellence.

Quote:
This year’s Golden Globe nominees have just been released. The Golden Globes are the second biggest set of industry awards behind the Oscars. Sometimes, they can give a little bit of an idea of what to expect come Oscar night, but a lot of the time they’re really no precursor. Many people believe it has to do with all the back-door politicking that goes on with the HFPA (Hollywood Foreign Press Association). Studios and networks petition the HFPA endlessly for nominations. Expensive gifts and exclusive parties are usually involved. As a result, you always see a lot of surprises and snubs when the nominees are announced.
Golden Globe Nominees Are In! Biggest Surprises And Snubs? - Screened

I told you guys, we should have sent a few sewing kits to HFPA as a gift, maybe then Lost would have been nominated?

Last edited by *luthien*; 12-15-2010 at 03:50 AM
Old 12-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Elite Fan

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah! it's because the finale sucked.Jate was endgame sooooooooo... NO NOMINATIONS!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:57 AM
Elite Fan

Lost cant get awards bcoz of JAAAATEEE... If some other couple was endgame im sure Lost would get hundreds of awards like in season 3

Old 12-15-2010, 04:04 AM
Elite Fan

yes,I mean,it's clear. 5 years of LOST(and NO JATE ) and LOST always won 94857435749875348 awards every year.but after the finale( a jate fest)NOTHING. it's a shame and a shock! jate,what have u done? Actually I've heard that after announcing the candidates some HFPA members were caught whispering *we wanted to nominate LOST but...all that jate.... *
Old 12-15-2010, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by franci* (View Post)
Actually I've heard that after announcing the candidates some HFPA members were caught whispering *we wanted to nominate LOST but...all that jate.... *
I heard that all they talked about was how Jate ruined Lost's chances to get an award. Such a shame! *smh*

Old 12-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

back
Old 12-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinzia1 (View Post)
back
Closed Thread   Post New Thread