Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2015, 12:43 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah the early seasons were the best. Not just because of Stelena but because the writing made sense and like I said respect for the characters and relationships and no rampant fan pandering. Those were the days.

Oh and totally random but guess what? I like Hook and Emma too! We agree on two things! Lol. You're avatar or icon whatever it's called is really pretty. No wait three things, I just remembered you love Stiles and he's my fave on Teen Wolf too. Dylan O'Brien is amazing, but you already knew that. Lol.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Agreed... the stories seemed to flow a lot better and the evil characters were vilified instead of revered. The biggest thing for me though was SE being together.. they just mae sense

Wow!! Who knew Thank you for the icon love And yes Dylan is amazing, he is my bb for life
Old 03-01-2015, 04:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
Yeah the early seasons were the best. Not just because of Stelena but because the writing made sense and like I said respect for the characters and relationships and no rampant fan pandering. Those were the days.

Oh and totally random but guess what? I like Hook and Emma too! We agree on two things! Lol. You're avatar or icon whatever it's called is really pretty. No wait three things, I just remembered you love Stiles and he's my fave on Teen Wolf too. Dylan O'Brien is amazing, but you already knew that. Lol.
Totally agree season 1 and 2 were the best especially season 2, that was my absolute favourite. I think that the writing for these characters has been dragged to the mud. I don't even recognise Elena anymore.

Four & Tris
Anastasia Belle_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

Personally I think that both SE/DE had issues even back then. Stefan it was his past plus the baggage that is Damon. And Elena with her traumatic experiences. Most relationships Stefan would've started had no chance, it's a testament to Stelena that they lasted as long as they did with a third wheel. I mean, seriously? It's one of the best TV couples I've ever seen. I mean yeah, like a few fans were like wth, they can't already be in love after a few episodes! But the way their story was written the way Nina & Paul played them - it was obvious they were the missing links in each other's lives. They kinda became whole onscreen, and usually these type of couples seem forced but SE were so natural

The writers trying to get the other characters to be Stefan and Elena cz of other ships respectively. But it doesn't work. They can't seem to replicate SE's depth or connection. If I was JP or CD I'd just stop trying
Old 03-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathly_smirk (View Post)
Personally I think that both SE/DE had issues even back then. Stefan it was his past plus the baggage that is Damon. And Elena with her traumatic experiences. Most relationships Stefan would've started had no chance, it's a testament to Stelena that they lasted as long as they did with a third wheel. I mean, seriously? It's one of the best TV couples I've ever seen. I mean yeah, like a few fans were like wth, they can't already be in love after a few episodes! But the way their story was written the way Nina & Paul played them - it was obvious they were the missing links in each other's lives. They kinda became whole onscreen, and usually these type of couples seem forced but SE were so natural

The writers trying to get the other characters to be Stefan and Elena cz of other ships respectively. But it doesn't work. They can't seem to replicate SE's depth or connection. If I was JP or CD I'd just stop trying
Everyone makes such a big deal about the fact that Stefan and Elena didn't have build up but I never saw it as a problem. I mean like you said they were the missing links in each other's lives, they didn't need build up, IMO and also it was nice to have their soft romantic moments amongst all the action.They had actual obstacles whereas DE have a lot of internal drama amongst themselves which I find boring and annoying. As for SC I just don't see any romantic chemistry, so TVD is just boring for me now. I agree with you the writers can't seem to replicate the same depth that was present with Stelena. They seemed to be so threatened by them, so now Stefan and Elena have hardly any scenes together.

Four & Tris
Old 03-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

I love how people complain about SE not having buildup when DE had none either. They were literally just forced together because of the sire bond There was no buildup for Elena at all
bellagrey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagrey13 (View Post)
I love how people complain about SE not having buildup when DE had none either. They were literally just forced together because of the sire bond There was no buildup for Elena at all
I disagree DE did have buildup it's just Elena's feelings weren't strong enough for Damon, so they needed the sire bond to have her choose Damon over Stefan. Anyways I don't care JP and CD thought they were so smart with that sire bond story line but they got so much backlash for it even from DE fans I mean what were they thinking stripping a girl from her free will to pick a guy It's also funny that they needed to remove Stefan from the picture in season 3 so Damon and Elena could get closer.

Four & Tris
Old 03-07-2015, 03:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia Belle_02 (View Post)
Everyone makes such a big deal about the fact that Stefan and Elena didn't have build up but I never saw it as a problem. I mean like you said they were the missing links in each other's lives, they didn't need build up, IMO and also it was nice to have their soft romantic moments amongst all the action.They had actual obstacles whereas DE have a lot of internal drama amongst themselves which I find boring and annoying. As for SC I just don't see any romantic chemistry, so TVD is just boring for me now. I agree with you the writers can't seem to replicate the same depth that was present with Stelena. They seemed to be so threatened by them, so now Stefan and Elena have hardly any scenes together.
They definitely seemed like the rock of the show, strange considering the show is based on an aggressive traingle there was so much strength in Stelena - Idk about others but I never found that boring. For one, I was happy to see a couple who seemed to breeze through their obstacles, it was honestly a pleasure to watch. I don't think I, or any other SE fan could've predicted what would've happened to this show after they took SE out of the picture. It's chaos. There's no sructure because Stefan and Elena from a romantic pov do seem to make sense, click together as two halves of a whole. The REAL Elena - seemed very, very happy for the longest time, I mean Stefan as her partner, was ready to shoulder any of her burdens and she found the strength inside herself to the same. I mean they needed the sirebond to rip them apart

As for SC, it could've worked. If they had been written differently. They like DE have SE hanging over them like a sword. It's very difficult to put Stefan & Elena in different relationships when they put all their ammo into SE. I mean, it must be difficult balancing everything out considering you can't erase their past or their amazing time together. Maybe in 100+ years when SE aren't back together again will DE & SC have more of a realistic chance.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:20 AM
Elite Fan

Omigosh, yes to all of these recent posts. I totally agree. You guys get it and say it so well. I just wish JP and CD were as smart and sane as you guys.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 03-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia Belle_02 (View Post)
I disagree DE did have buildup it's just Elena's feelings weren't strong enough for Damon, so they needed the sire bond to have her choose Damon over Stefan. Anyways I don't care JP and CD thought they were so smart with that sire bond story line but they got so much backlash for it even from DE fans I mean what were they thinking stripping a girl from her free will to pick a guy It's also funny that they needed to remove Stefan from the picture in season 3 so Damon and Elena could get closer.
ITA

I don't doubt that Elena was attracted to Damon early on but she didn't start caring about him until later on. When you compare that to the love she had for Stefan, for whom she'd seemed to have been to hell and back in some cases it just doesn't compare. Yes, Elena made some stupid choices in regarding Damon - (I mean even hanging out with him was a bad idea) that seemed to egg him on, it was clear that until Stefan left she didn't even THINK of Damon as somebody else she could love it was almost like a rebound thing. I've noticed that Elena couldn't be alone. Even whilst separated from Matt for sometime she seemed emotionally crippled and dependent on her best friends. Realistically, I get that - but with Damon's constant fawning over her I do understand why she let it go so far. It seemed overbearing to me as a viewer but Elena becoming an orphan made her very needy and timid for a while. She seemed to try and connect with anyone who'd give her the time of day whether she liked them or not or whether they understood her or not. With Stefan, it's not only he noticed her..he noticed THE PERSON. He didn't exploit her need to be around others but he kinda helped her realize that it wasn't ashamed to be hurting. Because they were both introvert characters I think that they found it hard to put their feelings into words to the people they loved - or didn't want to burden them. Talking to each other and interacting with each other I think they both realized that crap happens to you and you can't change the past - like the way they said in season 1. From the moment they met they were talking each other's lanuage and were so in sync that there was a sense of history between them already. That kind of connection is rare and it was the one both of the characters were searching their whole life for, or Elena's case recently for.

Last edited by deathly_smirk; 03-07-2015 at 11:08 AM
deathly_smirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
They definitely seemed like the rock of the show, strange considering the show is based on an aggressive traingle there was so much strength in Stelena - Idk about others but I never found that boring. For one, I was happy to see a couple who seemed to breeze through their obstacles, it was honestly a pleasure to watch. I don't think I, or any other SE fan could've predicted what would've happened to this show after they took SE out of the picture. It's chaos. There's no sructure because Stefan and Elena from a romantic pov do seem to make sense, click together as two halves of a whole. The REAL Elena - seemed very, very happy for the longest time, I mean Stefan as her partner, was ready to shoulder any of her burdens and she found the strength inside herself to the same. I mean they needed the sirebond to rip them apart

As for SC, it could've worked. If they had been written differently. They like DE have SE hanging over them like a sword. It's very difficult to put Stefan & Elena in different relationships when they put all their ammo into SE. I mean, it must be difficult balancing everything out considering you can't erase their past or their amazing time together. Maybe in 100+ years when SE aren't back together again will DE & SC have more of a realistic chance.
Yeah exactly I never found SE boring, I know some people who started shipping SE in season 3 because of all their tension and angst. Yeah and I also liked how all of Stefan and Elena's obstacles were to do with external factors like Klaus and Katherine, which is much more interesting than watching DE fight about being toxic together.

Yeah the writing for SC is really bad, and the chemistry, it's just not there IMO. I see no sexual tension or heat between them. That's exactly it they can't seem to write Stefan and Elena in other relationships because SE was just so damn good

Four & Tris
Old 03-07-2015, 02:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
ITA

I don't doubt that Elena was attracted to Damon early on but she didn't start caring about him until later on. When you compare that to the love she had for Stefan, for whom she'd seemed to have been to hell and back in some cases it just doesn't compare. Yes, Elena made some stupid choices in regarding Damon - (I mean even hanging out with him was a bad idea) that seemed to egg him on, it was clear that until Stefan left she didn't even THINK of Damon as somebody else she could love it was almost like a rebound thing. I've noticed that Elena couldn't be alone. Even whilst separated from Matt for sometime she seemed emotionally crippled and dependent on her best friends. Realistically, I get that - but with Damon's constant fawning over her I do understand why she let it go so far. It seemed overbearing to me as a viewer but Elena becoming an orphan made her very needy and timid for a while. She seemed to try and connect with anyone who'd give her the time of day whether she liked them or not or whether they understood her or not. With Stefan, it's not only he noticed her..he noticed THE PERSON. He didn't exploit her need to be around others but he kinda helped her realize that it wasn't ashamed to be hurting. Because they were both introvert characters I think that they found it hard to put their feelings into words to the people they loved - or didn't want to burden them. Talking to each other and interacting with each other I think they both realized that crap happens to you and you can't change the past - like the way they said in season 1. From the moment they met they were talking each other's lanuage and were so in sync that there was a sense of history between them already. That kind of connection is rare and it was the one both of the characters were searching their whole life for, or Elena's case recently for.
Yes to all of this! I do agree with you Elena did make stupid choices. I actually didn't mind Elena and Damon in the first season, mainly because their interactions were to do with helping Stefan or something like that, they were working as a team. But I shipped Elena with Stefan because he genuinely made her happy. Exactly, what I'm saying Stefan had to be out of the picture and become a ripper, push Elena away so she could fall into Damon's arms. But if season 3 proved anything to me, it's that Elena loved Stefan more than Damon. I like Damon but the way he acts around Elena at times really bothers me he would throw temper tantrums because she rejected him, I noticed that Elena would have to spend a lot of time calming him and talking him out of things, basically coddling him. Damon would also force his feelings onto Elena a lot of the time, putting her in uncomfortable positions. Elena shouldn't have to doodle him. Damon and Elena only work as the way they were presented in season 1, as friends. I do agree with you about Stefan and Elena have similar characterisations. Elena used to be someone who had a lot of guilt and burden on her shoulders - the way she would push through it was by being around others. Stefan realised this in her as you said, and they both would give each other hope. With Damon, Elena is very dependent on him because he's closely linked to her vampirisim even without her memories due to the sire bond, she feels like owes him. I still believe the sire bond is in effect.

Four & Tris
Old 03-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

I miss these two. They were so good together. I stopped watching the show. But I would return if they ever reunited. I never lose hope, but it looks dark from everything I have read
Juliette & Avery,Zero & Jude, Snow & Charming, Emma & Neal always , Robin & Regina, Jack & Emily/Amanda, Oliver & Felicity, Tommy & Laurel , Joey & Pacey, Tony & Ziva,Hanna & Caleb, Stefan & Elena, EJ & Sami always , OG Will & Sonny, Kurt & Blaine, Finn & Rachel always , Brenda & Dylan , Kelly & Brandon,Donna & David, Nasir & Agron. FP & Alice.
SnowingJemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowingJemily (View Post)
I miss these two. They were so good together. I stopped watching the show. But I would return if they ever reunited. I never lose hope, but it looks dark from everything I have read
They've pretty much destroyed SE But we still have great memories from season 1-3, when everything about the show was good. Now I don't feel as though most of the characters aren't the same ones I fell in love with in earlier seasons.

Four & Tris

Last edited by Anastasia Belle_02; 03-08-2015 at 02:28 AM
Old 03-08-2015, 01:46 AM
Elite Fan

^I agree, I don't recognize any of these people anymore. But that's what happens when you sacrifice characters to pimp ships. And these writers have pretty much destroyed these characters beyond belief. I thought they would get Delena out of their systems eventually, especially when they started writing stuff that shows they know exactly how toxic and destructive Delena is, and go back to the true love story of Stelena, but apparently they are going to beat that dead horse indefinitely. They've actually made some Delena fans jump ship but they still won't let go. When will they realize they can't force Delena to be an epic love story when it just isn't? They had the epic love story in Stelena, which was natural and didn't have to be forced, and they threw it away. Those first few seasons were so good, I'll never understand how they could let it turn to such crap.
Reply   Post New Thread