Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2007, 01:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeeej (View Post)
If they suspected that he half-assed anything, America would have been given the option of voting him out.

The Nick thing wasn't half-assed, as once Eric got his assignment, he went after Kail 24/7. He just set up Nick before he got his assignment. That's not half-assed; it's clever.
Actually... As much as I love the way Eric and Jessica played the game and the massive amount of fun and joy they gave us all summer long, this just really isn't the case..

We just went through the Nick eviction on the re-feeds last week and you guys know that I've been watching them religiously.

Once Eric got the task to evict Kail, he still would privately talk to Jessica and Jameka (and maybe a couple others that I missed) about making sure Nick HAD to go home that week .. When they had their failed HOH movie date, he talked about hating Kail, etc .. but really looked more like for the producers benefit to have a segment to give him about getting rid of her .. He also told Jessica and Jameka how when the LNC finally had their meeting that he was just going to "put on a show" as Devil's Advocate about why they should want to get rid of Kail, but Eric prefaced that by telling them Nick still needed to be the one to go..

I think the producers decided after THAT week and the backlash of Nick fans that they were going to take a hard line with Eric on campaigning to get rid of the person he was tasked to .. remember, the next week he was on the block, so he didn't get to campaign to get anyone out.. then the following week was the whole "heel turn" and flip to evict Dustin ..

The producer(s) obviously were not going to let Dick get evicted like Nick was, which is part of why Eric had to convince Jess to go along with the D/D/E/J alliance.

I'd really like to ask Eric WHEN he was told by the producers about the "if you fail another task, we'll give America the task of "Should America's Player be fired?" ..

I have a sneaking suspicion that didn't come up until the backlash from Eric "allowing" Nick to be evicted .. and it very well could have come even later (when they were worried he'd to the same thing and allow Dick to get evicted) ..
Old 10-19-2007, 01:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by h727 (View Post)
Okay this what im thinking my main point is about the producers not allowing him to use it on Amber AND ZACK. I think that they told him this because they were worried about the scenario I proposed which meant that if Eric used the veto on Zack there was a chance that Dani would be evicted regardless of the AP choice. Because of this to protect Dani they told Eric he wasnt allowed to use it at all when in reallity he should have been allowed to at least use it on Zack like he was able to use it on Jess if he got it the next week. When Eric said If AP choice was to evict Amber Dani would have stayed 3 to 1 I think he forgot about Zack's promise to evict Daniell if he used it on him so thats why I brought that up. People seem to think that I was attacking Eric that he should have used it when thats not what im talking about at all!!!!
I see your point h727. It's not so much your content, as your style of writing that I suspect gets interpreted as hostile fwiw imho.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Okay this what im thinking my main point is about the producers not allowing him to use it on Amber AND ZACK. I think that they told him this because they were worried about the scenario I proposed which meant that if Eric used the veto on Zack there was a chance that Dani would be evicted regardless of the AP choice. Because of this to protect Dani they told Eric he wasnt allowed to use it at all when in reallity he should have been allowed to at least use it on Zack like he was able to use it on Jess if he got it the next week. When Eric said If AP choice was to evict Amber Dani would have stayed 3 to 1 I think he forgot about Zack's promise to evict Daniell if he used it on him so thats why I brought that up. People seem to think that I was attacking Eric that he should have used it when thats not what im talking about at all!!!!
I understand you are more upset with the producers f'ing things up. And I agree that sucks.

I hate that they just made stuff up as the went along with AP. They should have had a very clear and well defined set of rules before the show even started for AP.

They made a lot of huge errors with it and it really messed things up for a lot of HG.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB8Eric (View Post)
Just to clarify, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree. I couldn't have done that. I would have had to whole-heartedly campaign to get Amber out and she would have gone 3-1 for sure. I used a bit of a loophole the Nick week that got me around the directives a bit, but after that things were tightened up a ton and I was monitored like a hawk. I could not even utter anything that went against my directives. Just as an aside, would Dani going home that week have really helped me all that much anyway? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows - but if you change any one HoH, eviction, vote, etc. the entire game could/would have changed...it's really impossible to speculate, so I chose to not harp on it.

By the way, I for one am not trying to speculate as to what the producers intentions were or were not. I have nothing but the greatest respect for all of them. I honestly feel like I hadn't even competed in the first 7 PoVs and there I was not only competing, but winning and it was like a "oh, we never thought about what happens now" sorta moment. Upon going back to the drawing board, a more detailed assessment of the rules was conceived and that was that. No point in worrying myself over it. The producers' job was to create the best TV show possible and I respect them immensely. They would have LOVED the final 4 to be D&D vs me&Jess...somehow D&D vs Jameka/Zach just didn't feel quite as exciting, haha.

Anyway, have a great night everyone!
Guess I should've continued reading before responding, and this is pretty much what I expected.. I read this as Eric was under the impression that he was allowed to "privately" talk to his closest allies about wanting Nick out .. but then publicly would only campaign against Kail .. That was changed, either due to the backlash of the Nick fans or that Dick would've been the one impacted the next time Eric had his task to evicted Dustin..
Old 10-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeeej (View Post)
I see your point h727. It's not so much your content, as your style of writing that I suspect gets interpreted as hostile fwiw imho.
what can you do

Last edited by h727; 10-19-2007 at 01:52 AM
Old 10-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I get what you're saying. But Eric certainly would have had to covince everyone to vote out Amber, and it's more than possible that Zach would go with that... thinking that's what he wanted.

Either way, it doesn't matter. The producers are , the show is over... and Eric and Jess are together!
Old 10-19-2007, 01:43 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB8Eric (View Post)
The producers' job was to create the best TV show possible and I respect them immensely. They would have LOVED the final 4 to be D&D vs me&Jess...somehow D&D vs Jameka/Zach just didn't feel quite as exciting, haha.

Eric,
First let me thank you for coming to this forum and interacting with your many fans...Taking the time to give well thoughtout and detailed answers to strategic game questions that involved you directly is no easy task..

Your statement quoted above "The producers' job was to create the best TV show possible and I respect them immensely." gives some us fans fans a way to accept what we believed was raw deal given to you by BB regarding the AP guidelines given to you towards the end of the game..

You lived it..you had to deal with it in the best way you could and if you are able to still respect them then I guess I can find a way to do that as well and move on from it...

I am sure the BB producers agree with your statement that the ideal scenario for the end of the show would have been D+D vs' E+J...Of course we all know that D+D were so afraid and intimidated by both Jessica and You that they did not hesitate to go back on their word to both of you to be the Final 4..thus forcing many Jeric fans to have to hold their nose and root for either Zach or Jameka to win the game when you both were evicted..

And trust me, that was no easy task for us Jeric fans who so wanted to see you and Jessica compete in the final two against the Donatos..

Personally, my distaste for ED results more for his lack of courage at the end to hold up his end of the deal with you two than anything he said in the house or
has said since he left the house..Everything he has said after that moment substantively fails..

I hope we will see more of you and Jessica in this forum as well as in other things the both of you are willing to share....What both of you have to say..and have to share with all your fans has "Crediblity"...I applaud you both...
Old 10-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephBlowinsky (View Post)
Actually... As much as I love the way Eric and Jessica played the game and the massive amount of fun and joy they gave us all summer long, this just really isn't the case..

We just went through the Nick eviction on the re-feeds last week and you guys know that I've been watching them religiously.

Once Eric got the task to evict Kail, he still would privately talk to Jessica and Jameka (and maybe a couple others that I missed) about making sure Nick HAD to go home that week .. When they had their failed HOH movie date, he talked about hating Kail, etc .. but really looked more like for the producers benefit to have a segment to give him about getting rid of her .. He also told Jessica and Jameka how when the LNC finally had their meeting that he was just going to "put on a show" as Devil's Advocate about why they should want to get rid of Kail, but Eric prefaced that by telling them Nick still needed to be the one to go..

I think the producers decided after THAT week and the backlash of Nick fans that they were going to take a hard line with Eric on campaigning to get rid of the person he was tasked to .. remember, the next week he was on the block, so he didn't get to campaign to get anyone out.. then the following week was the whole "heel turn" and flip to evict Dustin ..

The producer(s) obviously were not going to let Dick get evicted like Nick was, which is part of why Eric had to convince Jess to go along with the D/D/E/J alliance.

I'd really like to ask Eric WHEN he was told by the producers about the "if you fail another task, we'll give America the task of "Should America's Player be fired?" ..

I have a sneaking suspicion that didn't come up until the backlash from Eric "allowing" Nick to be evicted .. and it very well could have come even later (when they were worried he'd to the same thing and allow Dick to get evicted) ..
Joseph I can follow your logic. I saw on refeeds Eric pushing for Nick before the DR and not after, but I didn't watch it religiously. Still, Eric always used the 'devils advocate' thing. In general, he would manipulate people's minds so that they were good and malleable, then he'd go into the DR and get his assignment, and come out and flip votes left and right as needed for the task. Part of that set-up was the 'devils advocate' song and dance. But he did have other layers of strategy, for himself and for Jess as well as other allies off and on, and he would run those programs sometimes weeks in advance to prep for an eventual desired outcome. All the layers of his game have to be sorted thru the season rather than focusing on one week in isolation.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraBell (View Post)
This is going to come off rude, but at this point, i don't care.

How is that rude? you totally misenterpited (I cant spell) the events that happened I explained it to you and now you realize you were mistakin so instead of apologizing you give that lovely illustration of you not being able to respond
Old 10-19-2007, 01:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephBlowinsky (View Post)

I think the producers decided after THAT week and the backlash of Nick fans that they were going to take a hard line with Eric on campaigning to get rid of the person he was tasked to .. remember, the next week he was on the block, so he didn't get to campaign to get anyone out.. then the following week was the whole "heel turn" and flip to evict Dustin wn ..

stamp that!! and thats why the producers told him he wasnt allowed to use the veto when Jess was HOH and then miraculously changed their minds the next week
Old 10-19-2007, 01:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Someone posted this on Jess's myspace, thought it was nice. Someone should do one with Jess also, since it was one of her favorite moments between them. (I would do it myself but don't know how to)

Old 10-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Some people requested that Eric's posts be compiled together. I hope it is okay that I took the liberty to do so. Eric's words are in bold. If he quoted a post I left it in to see what he was responding to.

It's Eric
Hey guys...it's Eric. I don't know if I'm doing this right. Thought I'd stop by and say hi. Seems like you enjoyed the interview! I thought I was just gonna call in to be funny and ask Jess a silly question, but I guess I ended up staying on a chatting! So what's shakin' everyone?

Originally Posted by emilia1
OMG! Eric - where are those interviews you promised us!!??
I know, I know. You guys know me though...I have so much to say so it takes me a while to fill them out. Plus, I have trouble being as nice as Jess is - she's the best with the interviews...I get tempted to unleash some very Un-"P.C." remarks, haha. I liked these girls tonight since they made it fun!

Originally Posted by skatingfan2006
Eric - WHat's this cruise about?
The cruise is a BB8 cruise...I believe most of the top 8 will be there minus Dick. Me, Jess, Zach, Jen, Dustin, and Jameka are all confirmed I believe (that's about as painless of a group as it gets). We will be doing meet & greets, Q&A's, autograph signings etc. - plus, we get a free cruise together, so that rocks.

Originally Posted by Kev07
Haha, you have the right to.
Quick question, have you heard some of Dick's remarks/comments on the internet in the last few days regarding Jessica?
I have caught vague wind of Dick carrying on, but I don't know the full details. Honestly, I try not to get caught up in a lot of that stuff...I mean move on already buddy. Face it Dick, you weren't the best player...you didn't earn your victory...get over it.

Originally Posted by melizabeth032
Hey Eric come on over and pop into your chat. We'd love to have you over there.
That cruise sounds cool.
I am really terrible with computers...would it be better for everyone for me to go into the chat or stay here? I can't handle both at once!

Originally Posted by ericsfan
So I'll ask another question now that I've had time to think of a good one: What is your biggest regret in the game?
Well, it's hard to fathom how much my hands were truly tied. My entire strategy shifted and I altered everything to AP. Hence, I can't really regret anything too much as I did the best with what I could do. Obviously one regret is not being able to play the game myself - if left to my own devices, Jess & I would have been the last 2 standing guaranteed.

My only true regret (under the circumstances as they were) is that I performed so poorly in the final 2 weeks of competition. Teacups, Janellevision, and those final fast forward challenges. I was DEVASTATED that I couldn't win one of the two comps the week Jess went up - I wanted to win it for her so badly.

Originally Posted by Touldengal
eric, what's your preference?
here or the chat?
I'll stay here for right now, because by the time I get the chat up and running it'll be 72 hours from now. But I promise to come and chat soon. Are people always there or do we need to set like a time? You guys are our best fans by far, I'd love to talk to you guys and answer anything/everything!

Jess just called...I told her I couldn't handle typing and talking at the same time, lol.

Originally Posted by DiagonalZipper
ERIC!
I don't know whether you'd actually want to answer this... but we kinda had a debate earlier.... and people are curious about when you started to like Jess....
Honestly, it really was pretty early on. But then it kept developing and evolving throughout the entire experience. We always had a TON of fun together right from the very beginning and little by little we started pairing off more. Then we go to know each other better, started flirting, etc etc etc and just kept getting closer. I don't think there was a specific moment...but I was drawn to her right off the bat.

As Tara said, I can't speak of Jess' surprises here - then they'll be ruined! But I promise you guys I'm taking good care of her. In addition to flying her here and me there, we also have Hanukah/Xmas/both of our birthdays/Valentine's Day etc. all lined up pretty soon. On the RP chat though, I did have something in particular in mind as a thank you for being such a good partner.

I'm a bit behind on my myspacing, but everything I've seen so far for TAR campaign is incredible. Sadly, the more I think about it - I think we might be the worst travellers ever...hopefully we'll be fun though and maybe sure competitiveness will get us through.

When the DR gave me the silent treatment task, I absolutely lost it. The Sunday tasks were supposed to be "fun" - in no way was giving my partner/best friend/the current HoH the silent treatment fun...in fact, it was quite damaging from a game standpoint. I was furious and negotiated certain improvements to make it slightly more palatable.

Originally Posted by loganX2
I hope eric finds the new thread. hahaha
I have found it, phew! And Ive read everything I think..just haven't answered the past 30 questions yet....lemme try to step it up here!

(note...he quotes his above response in this next post)
Okay...so Zach has said that if we had a few minutes to talk (damn you fast forward) then he would have used the Veto. My worst fear that week was that if it was a full week I'd be told to target Jameka (instead of getting to go after D&D). Could you just imagine Jameka showing up at the jury house and telling Jess that I put her up or voted her out? However, regardless of who I was to go after...I think I oculd have stayed if I had a few minutes.

I am watching Survivor China, Kid Nation, Biggest Loser, Top Model, Ultimate Fighter, Bachelor, etc etc etc - I wouldn't be me if I wasn't!

We have joint custody of Woobie - he travels back and forth with us and changes locals every time we see each other!

I have not watched any of the live feeds at all. I'd go mentally insane.

Do I REALLY look good in hats? I thought I looked ridiculous.

Not really sure if I thought I'd be liked or hated...good question though. I kinda figured that either way I'd be a topic of conversation for sure. I think AP affected the way I was received a lot. The feed/after dark watchers certainly had a much better sense of my sense of humor/gameplay elements etc.

Originally Posted by Msslaydbug
Eric since we know soo many of your diary room sessions didn't make it on the show .....
which diary room session would you have liked to have seen them add or what diary room session did you think was edited to make it worse ?
All of them! Not to pat myself on the back, but I said some seriously funny and engaging stuff in the DR and instead all they show is "well, you threw me a curveball America, but I'm gonna try my best!!!!!!" I mean, c'mon now. I always explained every move/decision etc in depth with my own unique perspective on things. I, for one, wish the DR's were aired...not only on the feeds, but to the other houseguests!

Originally Posted by hawaiian_beachbum
Hi Eric!
oh yes, i going to have to agree with that! of course, my reaction to Jess winning her first HOH would not even compare to Eric's!...he got to her in a milla-second!
Jess winning her first HoH is a moment of pure bliss that will honestly stay with me forever. It sincerely is one of the best moments of my entire life. I was OVERJOYED! And so so so so so so proud. And when she said to Dick, "oh yeah, that whole Eric thing was so last week. We're over it now." I was dying of joy! Thrilled!

It's one of the times though that AP got in the way of a 100% happy ending...sending Dick home would have been amazing. They made a really, really big mistake by targetting me way too early and when Jess won they deserved to pay the price. When I stayed and she won, D&D had that look of "oh sh**, we just lost $500,000." Only wish that could have been true.

Originally Posted by h727
I dont know if this was asked or not but can you clear up the veto question? Dick said Grodner told him you cold have used it and it seems you could have used it on Zack. Was it that you thought you couldnt use it but you really could?
This is complete crap. Don't know if it's originating from Dick or the producers, but it's not true. Once and for all, I COULD NOT USE THE VETO WHATSOEVER the week of Jess' 2nd HoH. I was immediately brought into the DR and told that since I can only do what America tells me and America did not have the chance to vote on it, I was forbidden to use it.

Right after Zach won HoH, I ran to the DR to say...hey, I NEED to have the same power that everyone else has - the PoV is highly important. They said that from there forward I would be able to use it so long as I was not saving the person I was targetting for eviction.

So keeping that in mind, even if I was able to use it when Zach/Amber were up (which I WAS NOT)...I wouldn't have theoretically been able to save Amber. Then Jess would have put Dani up, America would have made me still vote out and campaign against Amber, Zach & Dick would have just voted Amber out anyway. Then D&D would have been upset with Jess and Jess would have been upset with me...so w/AP involved it would have sucked either way. But regardless, that week I was expressly told (no confusion whatsoever, plain as day) that I could not use it.

Eric - did you take Jessica to do anything special in New York ?
Uh oh! Im falling way behind again. Im actually about to give Jess a call and then head to bed, but this has been great fun. I have a little pad next to me and Im jotting down all of the questions Ive yet to answer, so that I can touch on them when I return/chat/do my interviews. You guys rock!

(note...after about an hour, Eric came back to post the following response...)
I know!!!!!!! The thing is Eric thinks that the producers didn't screw him over that much since if AP choice was Amber and he had used the veto on Zack (like he should have been allowed to) Daniell would have stayed. Thats not true. And In a very much abbreviated response to Kev He could have half assed the assignment like with Nick and Just bashed Amber to Jess and that would have been good enough. (my previos response was much better to this but I just dont have it in me to repeat all of it right now)
Just to clarify, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree. I couldn't have done that. I would have had to whole-heartedly campaign to get Amber out and she would have gone 3-1 for sure. I used a bit of a loophole the Nick week that got me around the directives a bit, but after that things were tightened up a ton and I was monitored like a hawk. I could not even utter anything that went against my directives. Just as an aside, would Dani going home that week have really helped me all that much anyway? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows - but if you change any one HoH, eviction, vote, etc. the entire game could/would have changed...it's really impossible to speculate, so I chose to not harp on it.

By the way, I for one am not trying to speculate as to what the producers intentions were or were not. I have nothing but the greatest respect for all of them. I honestly feel like I hadn't even competed in the first 7 PoVs and there I was not only competing, but winning and it was like a "oh, we never thought about what happens now" sorta moment. Upon going back to the drawing board, a more detailed assessment of the rules was conceived and that was that. No point in worrying myself over it. The producers' job was to create the best TV show possible and I respect them immensely. They would have LOVED the final 4 to be D&D vs me&Jess...somehow D&D vs Jameka/Zach just didn't feel quite as exciting, haha.

And thus ends Eric's first (hopefully) night of posting on FF.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

omg that art of Eric knocking on the wall is soo cute i wanna see a Jess one too

i loved that Eric came to chat today...his answers and everything was awesome..seriously in love with that man but i am very happy for him and jess..and just hope that someday soon i find my very own Eric Stein...and i know full well that alot of us on here want that too or have already found him
Old 10-19-2007, 02:04 AM
Elite Fan

Awww, very cute! Thanks for sharing
Old 10-19-2007, 02:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks,

[QUOTE=Onlyhuman;18696499]Some people requested that Eric's posts be compiled together. I hope it is okay that I took the liberty to do so. Eric's words are in bold. If he quoted a post I left it in to see what he was responding to.

It's Eric
Hey guys...it's Eric. I don't know if I'm doing this right. Thought I'd stop by and say hi. Seems like you enjoyed the interview! I thought I was just gonna call in to be funny and ask Jess a silly question, but I guess I ended up staying on a chatting! So what's shakin' everyone?

Originally Posted by emilia1
OMG! Eric - where are those interviews you promised us!!??
I know, I know. You guys know me though...I have so much to say so it takes me a while to fill them out. Plus, I have trouble being as nice as Jess is - she's the best with the interviews...I get tempted to unleash some very Un-"P.C." remarks, haha. I liked these girls tonight since they made it fun!

Originally Posted by skatingfan2006
Eric - WHat's this cruise about?
The cruise is a BB8 cruise...I believe most of the top 8 will be there minus Dick. Me, Jess, Zach, Jen, Dustin, and Jameka are all confirmed I believe (that's about as painless of a group as it gets). We will be doing meet & greets, Q&A's, autograph signings etc. - plus, we get a free cruise together, so that rocks.

Originally Posted by Kev07
Haha, you have the right to.
Quick question, have you heard some of Dick's remarks/comments on the internet in the last few days regarding Jessica?
I have caught vague wind of Dick carrying on, but I don't know the full details. Honestly, I try not to get caught up in a lot of that stuff...I mean move on already buddy. Face it Dick, you weren't the best player...you didn't earn your victory...get over it.

Originally Posted by melizabeth032
Hey Eric come on over and pop into your chat. We'd love to have you over there.
That cruise sounds cool.
I am really terrible with computers...would it be better for everyone for me to go into the chat or stay here? I can't handle both at once!

Originally Posted by ericsfan
So I'll ask another question now that I've had time to think of a good one: What is your biggest regret in the game?
Well, it's hard to fathom how much my hands were truly tied. My entire strategy shifted and I altered everything to AP. Hence, I can't really regret anything too much as I did the best with what I could do. Obviously one regret is not being able to play the game myself - if left to my own devices, Jess & I would have been the last 2 standing guaranteed.

My only true regret (under the circumstances as they were) is that I performed so poorly in the final 2 weeks of competition. Teacups, Janellevision, and those final fast forward challenges. I was DEVASTATED that I couldn't win one of the two comps the week Jess went up - I wanted to win it for her so badly.

Originally Posted by Touldengal
eric, what's your preference?
here or the chat?
I'll stay here for right now, because by the time I get the chat up and running it'll be 72 hours from now. But I promise to come and chat soon. Are people always there or do we need to set like a time? You guys are our best fans by far, I'd love to talk to you guys and answer anything/everything!

Jess just called...I told her I couldn't handle typing and talking at the same time, lol.

Originally Posted by DiagonalZipper
ERIC!
I don't know whether you'd actually want to answer this... but we kinda had a debate earlier.... and people are curious about when you started to like Jess....
Honestly, it really was pretty early on. But then it kept developing and evolving throughout the entire experience. We always had a TON of fun together right from the very beginning and little by little we started pairing off more. Then we go to know each other better, started flirting, etc etc etc and just kept getting closer. I don't think there was a specific moment...but I was drawn to her right off the bat.

As Tara said, I can't speak of Jess' surprises here - then they'll be ruined! But I promise you guys I'm taking good care of her. In addition to flying her here and me there, we also have Hanukah/Xmas/both of our birthdays/Valentine's Day etc. all lined up pretty soon. On the RP chat though, I did have something in particular in mind as a thank you for being such a good partner.

I'm a bit behind on my myspacing, but everything I've seen so far for TAR campaign is incredible. Sadly, the more I think about it - I think we might be the worst travellers ever...hopefully we'll be fun though and maybe sure competitiveness will get us through.

When the DR gave me the silent treatment task, I absolutely lost it. The Sunday tasks were supposed to be "fun" - in no way was giving my partner/best friend/the current HoH the silent treatment fun...in fact, it was quite damaging from a game standpoint. I was furious and negotiated certain improvements to make it slightly more palatable.

Originally Posted by loganX2
I hope eric finds the new thread. hahaha
I have found it, phew! And Ive read everything I think..just haven't answered the past 30 questions yet....lemme try to step it up here!

(note...he quotes his above response in this next post)
Okay...so Zach has said that if we had a few minutes to talk (damn you fast forward) then he would have used the Veto. My worst fear that week was that if it was a full week I'd be told to target Jameka (instead of getting to go after D&D). Could you just imagine Jameka showing up at the jury house and telling Jess that I put her up or voted her out? However, regardless of who I was to go after...I think I oculd have stayed if I had a few minutes.

I am watching Survivor China, Kid Nation, Biggest Loser, Top Model, Ultimate Fighter, Bachelor, etc etc etc - I wouldn't be me if I wasn't!

We have joint custody of Woobie - he travels back and forth with us and changes locals every time we see each other!

I have not watched any of the live feeds at all. I'd go mentally insane.

Do I REALLY look good in hats? I thought I looked ridiculous.

Not really sure if I thought I'd be liked or hated...good question though. I kinda figured that either way I'd be a topic of conversation for sure. I think AP affected the way I was received a lot. The feed/after dark watchers certainly had a much better sense of my sense of humor/gameplay elements etc.

Eric since we know soo many of your diary room sessions didn't make it on the show .....
which diary room session would you have liked to have seen them add or what diary room session did you think was edited to make it worse ?
All of them! Not to pat myself on the back, but I said some seriously funny and engaging stuff in the DR and instead all they show is "well, you threw me a curveball America, but I'm gonna try my best!!!!!!" I mean, c'mon now. I always explained every move/decision etc in depth with my own unique perspective on things. I, for one, wish the DR's were aired...not only on the feeds, but to the other houseguests!

Originally Posted by hawaiian_beachbum
Hi Eric!
oh yes, i going to have to agree with that! of course, my reaction to Jess winning her first HOH would not even compare to Eric's!...he got to her in a milla-second!
Jess winning her first HoH is a moment of pure bliss that will honestly stay with me forever. It sincerely is one of the best moments of my entire life. I was OVERJOYED! And so so so so so so proud. And when she said to Dick, "oh yeah, that whole Eric thing was so last week. We're over it now." I was dying of joy! Thrilled!

It's one of the times though that AP got in the way of a 100% happy ending...sending Dick home would have been amazing. They made a really, really big mistake by targetting me way too early and when Jess won they deserved to pay the price. When I stayed and she won, D&D had that look of "oh sh**, we just lost $500,000." Only wish that could have been true.

I dont know if this was asked or not but can you clear up the veto question? Dick said Grodner told him you cold have used it and it seems you could have used it on Zack. Was it that you thought you couldnt use it but you really could?
This is complete crap. Don't know if it's originating from Dick or the producers, but it's not true. Once and for all, I COULD NOT USE THE VETO WHATSOEVER the week of Jess' 2nd HoH. I was immediately brought into the DR and told that since I can only do what America tells me and America did not have the chance to vote on it, I was forbidden to use it.

Right after Zach won HoH, I ran to the DR to say...hey, I NEED to have the same power that everyone else has - the PoV is highly important. They said that from there forward I would be able to use it so long as I was not saving the person I was targetting for eviction.

So keeping that in mind, even if I was able to use it when Zach/Amber were up (which I WAS NOT)...I wouldn't have theoretically been able to save Amber. Then Jess would have put Dani up, America would have made me still vote out and campaign against Amber, Zach & Dick would have just voted Amber out anyway. Then D&D would have been upset with Jess and Jess would have been upset with me...so w/AP involved it would have sucked either way. But regardless, that week I was expressly told (no confusion whatsoever, plain as day) that I could not use it.

Eric - did you take Jessica to do anything special in New York ?
Uh oh! Im falling way behind again. Im actually about to give Jess a call and then head to bed, but this has been great fun. I have a little pad next to me and Im jotting down all of the questions Ive yet to answer, so that I can touch on them when I return/chat/do my interviews. You guys rock!

(note...after about an hour, Eric came back to post the following response...)
I know!!!!!!! The thing is Eric thinks that the producers didn't screw him over that much since if AP choice was Amber and he had used the veto on Zack (like he should have been allowed to) Daniell would have stayed. Thats not true. And In a very much abbreviated response to Kev He could have half assed the assignment like with Nick and Just bashed Amber to Jess and that would have been good enough. (my previos response was much better to this but I just dont have it in me to repeat all of it right now)
[B]Just to clarify, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree. I couldn't have done that. I would have had to whole-heartedly campaign to get Amber out and she would have gone 3-1 for sure. I used a bit of a loophole the Nick week that got me around the directives a bit, but after that things were tightened up a ton and I was monitored like a hawk. I could not even utter anything that went against my directives. Just as an aside, would Dani going home that week have really helped me all that much anyway? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows - but if you change any one HoH, eviction, vote, etc. the entire game could/would have changed...it's really impossible to speculate, so I chose to not harp on it.

THis has been posted on SS and eric's site.
jim
Closed Thread   Post New Thread