Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, that was such a cute little moment.

Quote:
As for the 'daddy' thing, having seen it play out, it really doesn't seem like that big of a deal imo. It felt like a reasonable thing to happen with a small child and this kind of arrangement.
It wasn't a big deal--at all. It actually had a place in the narrative and there was growth for everyone involved. Rafael realized he needed to spend more time with his son and it pushed Michael/Jane to finally discuss his role in Mateo's life. And they later showed Mateo calling everyone "dada" so it really wasn't a big deal. I like that the show tackles these issues in such a realistic way.

Spoiler:
Old 04-19-2016, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

It seemed worse from the ED

Spoiler:
Old 04-19-2016, 04:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just don't get

Spoiler:
icon:
Old 04-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt!
Old 04-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

I truly truly hope that Micheal
Spoiler:

Quote:
I'm very relieved we don't get to see the dress Jane bought until the wedding. It means we actually get to this point and I'm just imagining how they're going to look at each other as she goes down the aisle
gahh girl me too! And I just pictured Micheal watching Jane walking down the aisle with tears in his eyes. And Jane with tears in her eyes. oh god, one thing is for sure, if we do get to see this wedding, I'm going to be a HUGE MESS I'm gonna be sitting there crying lol

ASDASDFJKL; YOU GUYS! Gina LIKE MY TWEET FROM LAST NIGHT!

haha I love this

Quote:
Where can I find a Michael Cordero for myself? This is a very important question. #janethevirgin #teammicheal @Brettdier @HereIsGina
legitimate question right?

Last edited by redrose13; 04-19-2016 at 07:20 PM
Old 04-19-2016, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Spoiler:

Quote:
gahh girl me too! And I just pictured Micheal watching Jane walking down the aisle with tears in his eyes. And Jane with tears in her eyes. oh god, one thing is for sure, if we do get to see this wedding, I'm going to be a HUGE MESS I'm gonna be sitting there crying lol
And Rogelio will likely be crying harder than either of them or all of us watching since he's the captain of Team Michael .

Quote:
Might be because I read the ED but I didn't really see that final scene as something dangerous until I noticed that apparently the whole Internet is.
I think the whole internet has just been on pins and needles because as TV watchers we are trained to believe that excessive happiness and perfection for a couple = doom on the horizon, so once something even remotely creepy like that scene was came out, people just latched on it to confirm their suspicions. But it ended up doing the opposite for me, especially with the cast playing it up. No way would Brett or Andrea be alluding or discussing something like Michael's death in a tweet if it were to happen, nor would they do it in a joking way if it was on the horizon. Something like a character death would be kept under wraps as much as possible.

Quote:
Jane and Michael finally talked about his role in Mateo's life. It would be a shame if that role only lasted for four episodes. They seem to be laying so much groundwork for S3 and how the dynamic between Jane, Michael and Rafael is going to play out - Michael with Mateo, new custody arrangements etc. - and Michael looks to be apart of it. It has so much potential. It would be stupid to ruin it with a cheap twist for the sake of drama and a retreading of the triangle fiasco.
^ This.

Quote:
Basically, they are only 2 episodes behind when it comes to filming and the turnout of a new script, so it's possible nobody knows until they read it, as happened with the proposal in 2x14, but would Jennie really not give Brett a heads up if they were going to kill him off? Most showrunners let the person know, especially if they are a regular. He would know by now, as would a lot of the other main cast
Yeah if Brett really wasn't going to be back, Jennie would've told him a long time ago so he can then look for work. While this show keeps things like you mentioned secret, when a plot means the end of an actor's time on the show, I'd imagine something like that would be told in advance and not found out for the first time at a table read before shooting. The main cast would know of it too and likely not tweet about Michael's rumored death jokingly or even at all.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 04-19-2016, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think the whole internet has just been on pins and needles because as TV watchers we are trained to believe that excessive happiness and perfection for a couple = doom on the horizon
Yeah exactly. There's talk on the other camp about how even JM "know" this show is about JR but that's not because we'd see any undeniable pull to Raf or he's so dreamy or something, it's because we know tropes I wish JTV could surprise me time again as it did so far.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I'm confused too.
Spoiler:
Old 04-20-2016, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

New article with some spoilers from tonight's panel (before I put the rest in a tag, all is good ).

Spoiler:

Non-Spoiler highlights from the article:
Quote:
Although Jane the Virgin fans might be evenly split between #TeamMichael and #TeamRafael, the cast of The CW sophomore comedy seemed firmly planted in the former's corner at a "For Your Consideration" event Tuesday.

When asked about a wedding, co-stars Jaime Camil and Andrea Navedo – aka Jane's parents – showed their support for Jane's rekindled romance and, even more surprisingly, so did the actor who plays rival Rafael, Justin Baldoni.

"I'm team Michael too, don't worry," Baldoni told the crowd of potential Emmy voters to uproarious applause and laughter.
I love this cast .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 04-20-2016, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

All this talk makes me think about that little line from "romance novel Jane" about how it'd make no sense for Jane to change her love for Robert. I think that was very telling. It was a small thing but I noticed it while I watched the episode. It made me think of JM and where their storyline was and is currently going. Small things like that actually have meaning on this show.

I love that the writers planned out the whole season. There are other shows I watch where you can tell the season isn't thought out and it shows in the writing. No wonder JtV feels so cohesive.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the interview!

Honestly, I'll never tire of hearing the cast rallying around Jane's choice to be with Michael. There is no real competition for me. Jane just seems more at ease and happier when she's involved with Michael. This isn't only limited to their romantic involvement... even when they were just growing close again as friends, she trusted with a lot and was more comfortable with him.

I think last season the show tried to play on Jane behaving differently because she had this new path to take in her life that she had never considered before and that was exciting at the time. But from all we've seen about the character, she likes the magic of ordinary days, where she can always count on the people who are close to her to be there and behave the way she understands. Jane is a romantic... she's a dreamer when it comes to her stories, but I think Jane herself just wants something normal, something that at the end of the day, she can feel is real and safe to her. That's what she has with Michael. Which is why I really loved last week's episode when she made that comment about not being able to lose control until she knew Michael was around, that he would be watching over her. I mean, that is how much her and Michael are in sync and trust each other.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the interview So...
Spoiler:
Looks like she is well aware of the JM love out there. This makes me think that instead of taking it away, she might just torture us a little with it. As in, she'll throw tons of obstacles at JM/the wedding just to keep us on our toes. And then reward us by actually giving us what we want... Idk. Hearing that she knows how much the prospect of a JM wedding means to the majority of the fandom now, I doubt she'll fatally hurt Michael or go back to JR. It would, CLEARLY, upset a massive chunk of the fanbase. And thanks to the reaction at the panel, she now knows that more than ever. We'll see, but I have more faith in her now. Especially hearing how she has a plan. If that's the case, then every little nugget of information has meaning and was thought out, INCLUDING the narrator's comments, and that being said, we should take everything he's said about JM as highly significant. For example, if the narrator is telling Jane's story (either because she's writing her own memoirs or whatever) and she DOESN'T end up with Michael, be it Rafael or anyone else, would she/he describe 'the most romantic night of her life' (the JM reunion in 2x13) as occuring with a man other than the one she winds up with? It's a little suspect, and the whole 'we have a plan' thing makes me trust in what the narrator says a lot more now. I don't think these things are throwaway lines, and what he's said about Jane and Michael just means they have to end up together. It doesn't make sense otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
Thanks for the interview!

Honestly, I'll never tire of hearing the cast rallying around Jane's choice to be with Michael.
^^I agree. But it's not just the cast either.

Quote:
I'm team Michael too, don't worry," Baldoni told the crowd of potential Emmy voters to uproarious applause and laughter.
This right here makes me so happy! The support is unreal! Do you guys remember when Team Michael had like 5 members? Or at least only a few who were willing to openly support what they considered a hopeless ship? I honestly think most people were low-key shipping it all along but never bothered to discuss it because we were programmed to expect JR and it looked like the show was following the generic path in S1. That's why Team Rafael were always the majority on social media and why they won all the polls. It's because Team Michael didn't have a visible presence. It doesn't mean we weren't there. And when they started planting the seeds of an actual JM possibility more and more people started coming out of the woodwork, until we were all pretty much letting the Team Michael flag wave unashamedly And this is just one example of that. I can't get enough of the JM support. It always makes me super happy, because it's almost unbelievable when you consider where we started and what the deal usually is with shows like this. People would ordinarily be bowing down to Rafael and all he represents. So I just love it that people are so in love with the relationship between a neurotic, prim, control freak and a sweet, dorky goofball instead of the tall drink of water that is Raf. It's amazing to me. And I love it

ETA: About the ED/Michael:

Spoiler:
icon:

Last edited by EnglishRoses; 04-20-2016 at 06:18 AM
Old 04-20-2016, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

I still haven't been able to watch the episode I'm definitely watching tonight though. This and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. I also want to watch the panel from last night, is it available online? It's amazing seeing the continuous support from the cast for Team Michael. They're reading the scripts and still loving him. Always a good sign for us. Even Justin is Team Michael? So great.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

you guyssss! I could hug you right now lol

Quote:
I'm team Michael too, don't worry," Baldoni told the crowd of potential Emmy voters to uproarious applause and laughter.
That interview and what Justin said made me smile so big! This cast is so amazing. Yeaaa Justin!
And What Jennie said SHES KNOWS HOW MUCH WE WANT THE WEDDING ASJKLASDJKL;.

Quote:
This right here makes me so happy! The support is unreal! Do you guys remember when Team Michael had like 5 members? Or at least only a few who were willing to openly support what they considered a hopeless ship? I honestly think most people were low-key shipping it all along but never bothered to discuss it because we were programmed to expect JR and it looked like the show was following the generic path in S1.
As someone who watched from the first day it aired on TV lol, YES YES YES. I remember vividly thinking how sad it was that nobody is probably going to A) love Jane and Michael as much as I did B) and of course with how the storyline is going with Rafael and Jane (yes they were super cute too) that the writers/audience wouldn't give JM a chance.

I am so happy that we were all so pleasantly surprised!

Promo pics for 2x20 is up! Who ever said that the day all of the cast was filming was the Mother's day brunch described in the ED was right
I'm really really excited for this one! (Also I love Michael's gray sweater♥)
The CW Press

Last edited by redrose13; 04-20-2016 at 08:54 AM
Old 04-20-2016, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Ouch geography won't let me see the pics!

I can't quote but I agree with all of you. The article is great and makes me hope part of me will always be cautious but maybe we really are defying tropes. And this cast is adorable.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can't see the pics either Could you post them here instead?
icon:
Closed Thread   Post New Thread