rossfangirl86

Songs that remind you of them
John Mayer - Dreaming With a Broken Heart
Michelle Branch - Desperately

Videos
YouTube - darcy and elizabeth- beautiful
YouTube - darcy and elizabeth

Quotes

Elizabeth Bennet: Lady Catherine, in marrying your nephew, I should not consider my self as quitting that sphere. He is a gentleman, I am a gentleman's daughter. So far we are equal ~1995~

Mr. Darcy: I shall conquer this, I shall. ~1995~

Mr. Darcy: In vain have I struggled, it will not do. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. ~1995~

Miss Bingley: I believe I can guess your thoughts at this moment.
Mr. Darcy: I should imagine not.
Miss Bingley: You are thinking how insupportable it would be to spend many evenings in such tedious company.
Mr. Darcy: No, indeed, my mind was more agreeably engaged. I've been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow.
Miss Bingley: And may one dare ask whose the eyes that inspire these reflections?
Mr. Darcy: Miss Elizabeth Bennet's. ~1995~

Jane Bennet: No, seriously, Lizzy. When did you first know you were in love with Mr. Darcy?
Elizabeth Bennet: It came on so slowly I hardly know... but I believe I must date it from the time I first saw his wonderful grounds at Pemberley. ~1995~

Mr. Darcy (about Elisabeth): Yes, but that was only when I first knew her, for it is many months since I have considered her as one of the handsomest women of my acquaintance. ~1995~

♥ ♥ ♥

Mr. Darcy: You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. ~2005~

Mr. Darcy: Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and I can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings with the single object of seeing you... I had to see you. I have fought against my better judgment, my family's expectations, the inferiority of your birth by rank and circumstance. All these things I am willing to put aside and ask you to end my agony.
Elizabeth Bennet: I don't understand.
Mr. Darcy: I love you. Most ardently. Please do me the honor of accepting my hand.
Elizabeth Bennet: Sir, I appreciate the struggle you have been through, and I am very sorry to have caused you pain. Believe me, it was unconsciously done.
Mr. Darcy: Is this your reply?
Elizabeth Bennet: Yes, sir.
Mr. Darcy: Are you... are you laughing at me?
Elizabeth Bennet: No.
Mr. Darcy: Are you *rejecting* me?
Elizabeth Bennet: I'm sure that the feelings which, as you've told me have hindered your regard, will help you in overcoming it.
Mr. Darcy: Might I ask why, with so little endeavor at civility, I am thus repulsed?
Elizabeth Bennet: And I might as well enquire why, with so evident a design of insulting me, you chose to tell me that you liked me against your better judgment. ~2005~

Mr. Darcy: So this is your opinion of me. Thank you for explaining so fully. Perhaps these offences might have be overlooked had not your pride been hurt by my honesty...
Elizabeth Bennet: My pride?
Mr. Darcy: ...in admitting scruples about our relationship. Could you expect me to rejoice in the inferiority of your circumstances?
Elizabeth Bennet: And those are the words of a gentleman. From the first moment I met you, your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others made me realize that you were the last man in the world I could ever be prevailed upon to marry.
[they look at each other for a long time as though about to kiss]
Mr. Darcy: Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time. ~2005~

Mr. Darcy: How are you this evening, my dear?
Elizabeth Bennet: Very well. Only, I wish you would not call me "my dear."
Mr. Darcy: Why?
Elizabeth Bennet: Because it's what my father calls my mother whenever he's cross about something.
Mr. Darcy: Well, what endearments am I allowed?
Elizabeth Bennet: Well, let me think..."Lizzie" for everyday, "my pearl" for Sundays, and "Goddess Divine," but only on special occasions.
Mr. Darcy: And what am I to call you when I'm cross? "Mrs. Darcy?"
Elizabeth Bennet: No, you may only call me "Mrs. Darcy" when you are completely, perfectly and incandescently happy.
Mr. Darcy: And how are you this evening... Mrs. Darcy? Mrs. Darcy... Mrs. Darcy... Mrs. Darcy! ~2005~

Icons by ladyle

1 2 3 4

Last edited by Gio Gio; 10-15-2016 at 11:59 PM
Gio Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks so much for starting the new thread!

Could I also be added to the shippers list?
Old 09-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Pan
Master Fan

TFTNT!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Could I also be added to the shippers list?
I added you
Old 09-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great pictures! I loved both couples who played Elizabeth and Mr Darcy.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Pride & Prejudice (1995)

DARCY: You’re too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are what they were last April, tell me so. My affections and wishes are unchanged. But one word from you will silence me on this subject forever.

LIZZY: Oh, my feelings…My feelings are…I am ashamed to remember what I said then. My feelings are so different. In fact, they are quite the opposite.

DARCY: Lady Catherine told me of her meeting with you. I may say that her disclosure had quite the opposite effect to the one she had intended. It taught me to hope, that I had scarcely ever allowed myself to hope before. Had you absolutely decided against me, you would have acknowledged it openly.

LIZZY: Yes, you know enough of my frankness to believe me capable of that! After abusing you so to your face, I could have no scruple in abusing you to all your relations.

DARCY: What did you say of me that I did not deserve? My behavior at the time was unpardonable. I can hardly think of it without abhorrence. Your reproof I shall never forget. “Had you behaved in a more gentleman-like manner.” - How those words have tortured me! - I had no idea of their being taken such a way. I can easily believe it. You thought me devoid of every proper feeling, I am sure. The turn of your countenance I shall never forget. You said I could not have addressed you in any way that would have induced you to accept me.

LIZZY: Do not repeat what I said then!

DARCY: No, I have been a selfish being all my life. As a child I was given good principles, but was left to follow them in pride and conceit. And such I might still have been, but for you. Dearest, loveliest Elizabeth!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Awww. I love all of the quotes! Thanks for adding me.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Top 5 Pride and Prejudice Scenes (BBC 1995 version) - Source

1. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy (haha this turned into favorite Lizzy/Darcy scenes)
There is so much to say about this scene. It is both the most romantic and the most offensive proposal which I guess would fit their predicament and the dilemmas of their relationship. This scene also has my favorite quote “In vain I have struggled it will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you”. He says ‘ardently’, I have no idea but that word becomes almost poetic especially with the delivery.

2. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy after Elizabeth reads Jane’s letter
It is so hard to put to words my love for this scene. She is sad, ashamed and broken and he at first is so concerned for her (adorable really) but as he learns more you see him get more serious and more distant. Lizzy interprets that as him realizing that all his concerns about her family being validated but he is just in his mind trying to piece together a way to solve her problem to ease her pain. This scene really captures the essence of their relationship for me.

3. Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy - The Dance Scene
This scene is so much perfection: the way the rhythm of the conversation goes with the rhythm of their dance moves, the back and forth between them, the fact that he asked her to dance with him and she’s so prejudiced that she can not see the meaning of his actions. Just beautiful!

4. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy at Pemberley
I love how flustered they both are at seeing each other, the way he keeps asking ‘your parents are in good health’, how he abruptly just leaves, the way she walks away saying “what must he think of me’, how he just comes out of the house to catch her. Its just a wonderful scene demonstrating how they are both so worried that the other will form a negative opinion of the other based on the encounter.

5. Lady Catherine and Elizabeth Bennet confrontation scene
Catherine: Tell me once and for all are you engaged to him
Elizabeth: I am not
Catherine: and will you promise me never to enter such an engagement
Elizabeth: I will make no such promise

I love this entire scene, the way Lady Catherine enters the house, the confrontation, all the back and forth, how Elizabeth holds her own but my absolute favorite part is when Elizabeth says “I am not” you can hear the regret and sadness in her voice and see it in her eyes.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

This couple reached a 3rd thread

Thanks for posting the top 5 scenes from the BBC version. It's my all-time favourite adaptation (I've seen it way too many times and love it ALMOST as much as the book - which is saying a lot). I love all of those scenes so much

And yes that proposal is one of my favourite scenes ever I just love Mr Darcy in it - Colin Firth was brilliant in it!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

It's my favourite adaptation too Colin is amazing!

Mr. Darcy: I may say the disclosure had quite the opposite effect to the one she intended. It taught me to hope as I had scarcely ever allowed myself to hope before.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Pan
Master Fan

Source: http://fyprideandprejudice.tumblr.com/

Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Please add me

-Lisa-
lisagslack14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Omg! Didn't know there was a P&P Darcy&Lizzy thread! Count me in! I love the BBC adaptation!!

Gio Gio Love scene 4! always consider it one of the funniest ever XD D: "your parents...?" E: *in her head* MUST-LOOK-AT-THE-TREE-BEHIND!! >.<

Still waiting for any version (not counting that old B&W..) to add the coffee scene, always found it so entertaining XD
White_Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Supreme Fan

I didn't know there was a thread either!

Can I please be added?

Loved the 2005 version, thought MacFadyen gave a very nice interpretation, showed Darcy's vulnerable side.

And Keira is just beautiful. They make a wonderful couple.

So when you healed me, you risked all of this getting out, didn't you?
Yeah.
Why?
It was you.
|Max Evans + Liz Parker|
Sawyer&Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread!
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread