Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hello everybody!!!

So glad our thread is back

I do hope the writers build up all that hate between them, or at least from his side, she just seems to be scared of him, so they can spend some time together and clear all those centuries of confusion and maybe reconnect in an extremely romantic way lol

So glad we're back, can't wait to read your new chapter Thespian!!
I'm actually dying
lovedamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

lol..I missed you too LoveDamon

...as requested

PART 45

Katherine always found it fascinating how much more intensely you could feel when you couldn’t see. With her eyes closed her skin was extremely sensitive and every light caress became an intense sensation. Her forehead moved against Elijah’s and she felt the heat from his skin. His presence swamped her body and made her body burn. She felt it distinctly when he wrinkled his forehead and his face pushed more firmly into hers. She pushed back against him. There breaths intermingled in front of their mouths. Elijah’s hand moved from the back of her neck and he caressed the side of her face once again. He ran his thumb along the bottom of her mouth and Katherine allowed him to pull her lip down. Her mouth opened under his touch.

“Katherine?” Stefan called behind her. Katherine felt the intrusion on their moment as if someone had just doused her with ice water. When she looked up she saw that it was Stefan. Perhaps it was instinct, or something else but she stepped back, away from both of them. When she looked at Elijah again his eyes were just opening. He hadn’t seemed to hear Stefan’s call to her at all. But he had noticed when she’d stepped away from him. He glanced over his shoulder at Stefan and when he looked back at her she knew that the moment had long passed. A part of her wanted to protest. To ignore Stefan and continue what she’d started. Her body urged her forward, every cell crying out for her to regain the heat that it had lost.

Elijah made the decision for her before she could act on her thoughts. He turned towards Stefan and it was obvious he was waiting for him to speak. Stefan looked at Elijah before he glanced over his shoulder at Katherine. If he had any idea what had just almost happened he hid it well.

“Can I, speak with you for a moment?” he asked her. Katherine looked at him, trying to assess whether or not this could wait. One look told her that it had taken a lot for him to seek her out. Stefan looked away from her and turned to Elijah.

“By all means,” Elijah said, stepping aside and indicating towards her.

Elijah watched as Stefan stepped up to Katherine and her head turned towards him. Whether she was as frustrated at the situation as he was he couldn’t tell. Stefan took a few steps in front of her and he looked over his shoulder.

“Sure,” she finally answered him, looking at Elijah. She began to walk to the other side of the room with Stefan. He watched as she got further and further away from him. Then she did something that tugged at his heart. She looked over her shoulder at him. Her eyes caught his and he knew that she didn’t want to be walking away. Her foot steps got slower and when Stefan lightly touched her back she finally turned her attention forward again. Elijah looked away after she did, licking his lips. That moment had felt way too familiar. All that was missing was the cold wind fanning the hair on his forehead. The temperature biting into his skin, matching exactly how he felt.

“Elijah?” he heard behind him. When he turned around he saw Damon standing in front of him, obviously trying to get his attention. Elijah glanced at the younger vampire before he looked over at Katherine again. She had a confused expression on her face.

“What can I do for you Damon?” Elijah asked. His gaze alternated between Damon and Katherine, but was aimed more toward the latter. Damon moved around Elijah, standing in between him and Katherine.

Elijah looked at Damon, annoyed.

“I just need a moment of your time,” Damon explained. Elijah looked at him, waiting. Damon stared at him for a moment, sighing. “I'm sorry…for the part I played in your death,” Damon says. Every word sounded like he can’t believe he’s saying it. Elijah tilted his head to the side. His attention was now fully on Damon and he waited for him to continue. "I didn't trust you," Damon admitted flatly.

Elijah folds his arms, staring at him, "And now?" he inquires.

"You gave me my brother back," Damon answers.

There’s a pause then, both of them looking at each other, scrutinizing. Damon extends his hand out to Elijah. It wasn‘t the first time he‘d done it. But this time it meant something different. First, it was because they needed to call a truce. Now, it was because they had reached an understanding. It was shaky and they would have to build on it. But, however small, it was there. Elijah watched Damon, glancing down at his offered hand. He understood the importance that Damon’s brother had to him. He also recognized how difficult it must be for him to offer him his apology. And yet, he was standing in front of him none the less. Elijah accepted his offering. His hand closed firmly around Damon’s and they both nodded their heads in unison with their hands.

Katherine glanced over at Elijah as Stefan came to a stop in front of her at the opposite end of the room. She pulled her eyes away from Elijah as Stefan stared at her.

“What is it Stefan?” she asked. Her attention turned back where it had been when he didn’t answer her right away.

“Thank you,” he finally said. Katherine looked at him with surprise.

“What?” she asked confused.

“Thank you…for, saving Damon.” “We both know you could have just ran.” he points out.

Katherine brushes it off, “Been there, done that,” she answers flippantly.

“Really…thank you,” he repeats, and it’s obvious to her that he wants to have a serious conversation.

She lets out a heavy breath, “I owed him,” she offers in reply.

“For the vervain?” Stefan asks.

Katherine smiles slowly, as if she knows a secret he doesn’t, “Among other things…” she offers him as an answer.

Stefan smirks as he thinks about how many things she could be referring to. He hopes one day that they can all talk about their past. Perhaps someday it will be possible. At the moment he doesn’t want to think about anything that’s happened recently.

He stops smiling and his face goes serious. Katherine anticipates his next words.

“Sorry…“ he starts to say before she cuts him off.

“…that you tired to kill me? She finishes, raising her eye brows.

"Among other things," he throws back. Katherine chuckles lightly, attempting to laugh off the serious look on his face.

She shrugs, pursing her lips, “Don't be...it happens,” she says smiling, offering him an easy out. Stefan gets really quite and she knows she failed.

Katherine huffs, "Stefan," she says, shaking her head. "Come on, he compelled you...it wasn't your fault," she reasons.

He smiles and she almost feels like he appreciates the gesture. “I'm still sorry.…” he says. It’s Katherine’s turn to get quite. Her whole body goes completely still as she thinks about her next words.

“I'm sorry to,“ she finally says, nodding her head. Stefan looks at her and she knows that he‘s understanding what she‘s really saying. She‘s happy that he won‘t ask her to voice it out loud. They just look at each other. Each with a new approach to the other. She‘s the one who ends the moment.

"Well..." She begins. Her eyes stray to Elijah. Katherine sighs and swallows loud enough for Stefan to hear.

"I'm glad you're...okay..." She offers awkwardly, looking back at him, quickly. Stefan smiles at how uncomfortable she is. He’s almost reminded of the times when he’d first met her and they were getting to know each other. Exploring new and scary feelings. She had made his heart jump every time he saw her. Her smile, everything she did, had made him grin at the drop of a hat. It’s the first time in a long time that he’s genuinely smiled in her presence. Katherine‘s expression breaks suddenly, and she looks around, almost nervous.

"Did you hear something?" she asks as her brow scrunches.

“I wish this wasn’t necessary, but I will be leaving very shortly,” his voice is a little hushed to avoid certain people hearing him. Damon smiles, taking note of Elijah’s hushed tone.

“Have you told Katherine yet? “ Damon asks. Elijah smiles because he knows what Damon’s getting at. It’s nice to just be able to hold a conversation with him. This particular conversation would go to a place they’d been before.

“No, I have not yet told Katerina of my intensions.” “It is safe to assume she will not be happy,” Elijah deduces, smirking. Damon returns his smirk.

“She never is,” he points out. The smile does not fall from Elijah’s face but it gains a touch of sadness to it’s appearance. Damon laughs, but Elijah’s demeanor becomes more serious than joking.

“She was…once,” Elijah reveals. Damon stops smiling and he gets serious to, nodding at Elijah’s answer.

“I will protect them,” Damon promises.

“How long will you be gone this time?” Damon questions.

“Not long, I hope,” Elijah replies, running his hand along the trim of his jacket, fingering the button.

“There’s a matter that requires my attention, and it will benefit all of us in turn,” he explains. Damon nods again, accepting his answer and what he’s offered. He knows Elijah would tell him more if necessary.

I would tell her sooner, rather than later,” Damon suggests. “She can get kind of…testy” he finishes on a smile.

“Testy?” Elijah questions him, smiling, and almost laughing. Damon laughs for him and Elijah looks in the direction of the subject at hand. She is smiling and he can tell that she’s fidgeting. He smiles at her nervousness and continues to watch her. Her expression changes suddenly and she looks around the room. There’s concern etched into her features and Elijah turns his full attention to her. He’s not even registering what Damon is saying anymore. Her hand reaches out in front of her shaking and she places her fingers against her temple. Stefan puts a hand on her shoulder and she aggressively brushes him off, taking a step back. Her other hand comes up to her temple and she squeezes her eyes shut. When she begins to sway on her feet Elijah is done watching.

"Move!" Elijah yells at Damon, pushing past him. Katherine’s head begins to throb. The noise running rampant around her brain. She feels a familiar pain and her heart begins to speed up. She panics and she only has one coherent thought at the moment.

“Eli…” she begins to say. Her body starts to fall and she can do nothing to stop it. The noise and images running through her conscious paralyzing her. She doesn’t even finish saying his name before she feels him catch her fall. She can vaguely hear Stefan yelling her name.

She is aware of it when Elijah slowly lays her down beneath him, stroking her face. She closes her eyes and focuses on his touch. Next, she feels him moving hair away from her eyes.

"Katerina?" he questions. She tries to open her mouth to answer him but nothing comes out. When she attempts to open her eyes she finds that she can’t. The deafening sound in her mind slowly subsides to a whisper and she feels that her consciousness is leaving her. She begins to panic until she feels Elijah’s hold tighten around her. There’s no time for her to feel anything other than relief as she slips away.

“What happened?” Elijah demands of Stefan.

“I don’t know?” Stefan defends. “She said she heard something, and then she asked who was screaming.”
Elijah feels Damon as he hovers over his shoulder.

Screaming?” Elijah questions. His voice is rushed. “I heard nothing..” he points out. His eyes turn back to Katherine, scanning her face. He runs his hand across her forehead.

“Katerina?” he asks. Elijah moves closer to her, leaning over her face. “Katerina?!” he says again.

Katherine remains unresponsive and Elijah continues to slowly stroke her face "Katerina?" he repeats every minute, each time louder and more forceful. After what seems like an eternity her eye lids twitch and slowly open. She smiles up at him and Elijah smiles down at her. Damon and Stefan let out a relieved breath collectively. Katherine’s hand begins to reach towards Elijah’s face.

Elijah looks down at her as she stretches her arm towards him. She stops suddenly and her features start to transform. A look of dread and recognition crosses her face and in the next moment she's screaming. Her body is convulsing and twisting. Elijah can do nothing but hold her down and restrict her movement as best he can.

He watches in horror as the skin on her arms, face, and chest starts to split and blood pours from the openings. He lets go of her when shock starts to settle in and he feels deja vu creep up on him. Katherine's arms flail and she reaches out, grabbing his arm.

"Eli..." she starts to say his name, but it's cut off by another scream. Her head is flailing from side to side and she's biting her lip. Blood runs from her mouth. She reaches out again and this time she finds what she was looking for.

Katherine grabs Elijah’s hand. Her fingers tighten around his and Elijah can feel his bones begin to bend. But he will not let go of her. Blood continues to flow from all cuts and tears now fall freely from her eyes.

"Make it stop...please!" she begs as she looks deeply into his eyes. Elijah looks down at her, helpless to stop her pain. Her back arches and she screams again. The sound reaches unrealistic volumes and breaks everything glass in the room.

Katherine’s scream stretches across the minutes. Her fingernails dig into the skin of Elijah’s hand but he ignores it. Her scream peaks and slowly dies down. She slumps to the floor, exhausted. She looks at him. Her eyes are pleading and shine up at him. Her body goes completely limp like that of a rag doll. Elijah looks at the many cuts she now has. When he looks at her face again he sees that her eyes are closed.

Elijah strokes her cheek. His movements are hurried. He holds their grasped hands out in front of him.

"Katerina?!" he asks. He knows that she won’t answer him. Elijah licks his lips, turning his head away. He leans his chin on their joined hands. Katherine feels warm as he grabs her shoulders. His arm wraps around her back and he pulls her up, into his chest.

Damon and Stefan stand over his shoulder, peering down at the unconscious Katherine.

"What‘s wrong with her?" Stefan asks, concern evident in his voice. Elijah doesn‘t answer him as he maneuvers Katherine’s arm around his neck. Elijah wraps his arms around her and stands slowly.

As he is doing so he addresses Damon, "Call Bonnie.” “Get her here...as soon as possible." Elijah tells him. Damon is already reaching for his phone. Stefan stands beside him, waiting to help in any way he can.

Elijah wraps Katherine in his arms and he looks down at her closed eyes.

"Bonnie.." Damon starts.

Elijah crosses the room quickly, laying Katherine down on the couch. He looks at her face and grimaces at the blood. As her body settles the cuts gape open, and the movement causes more blood to flow. Elijah places his hand into his pocket, reaching for his handkerchief. He realizes his mistake and pulls his hand out of the empty pocket roughly. He reaches for his own sleeve, tearing it easily, as if it were tissue paper. He begins to dab lightly at the wounds on her face, only relaxing when they slowly begin to close.

He keeps hold of her hand as he wipes the blood away and her grip never loosens, remaining iron tight. His eyes scan her face, and he’s wishing for her eyes to open. His gaze follows the curve of her jaw and lands on her lips. New tears begin to gather in his eyes as he thinks about how shortly ago her lips were curved into a beautiful smile. They begin to take on a blue hue and he thinks about how close she’d held him to her.

“I should have kissed you when I had the chance,” he mutters. He holds her hand in front of his face, closing his eyes. His lips brush her knuckles, before he rests his head beside hers.

Last edited by Thespianreveur; 08-18-2011 at 09:34 PM
Thespianreveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMGGGG!!

Thespian!!
How can you do this to me!! LOL
I was dreaming with that kiss hahahaha

I think my dislike for Stefan reached a new lever , Jk.

Poor Katherine, what is wrong with her!! You're right , i have to go back and read about Marcus , because i don't really understand what's happening.l

I love how he ran to take her into his arms and how he kept holding her, and how he said he should have kissed her, loved him!

Excellent chapter, thank you for posting it and i can't wait for the next one
lovedamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:33 PM
New Fan

Yay! I love the latest chapter! It was cute how they all apologized to each other (especially Damon's apology). I loved how you paralleled the scenes of Katherine walking away from Elijah (*shakes fist at Stefan for being a perpetual cockblock*). I can't wait til the next chapter! I really want to know what's going on with Katherine!
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:05 PM
New Fan

Hi everybody! I'm new to the thread but I am a diehard ElKat shipper. Mind if I join?
Evie6996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie6996 (View Post)
Hi everybody! I'm new to the thread but I am a diehard ElKat shipper. Mind if I join?
Yey!!! Welcome Everyone fits in here....if you love these two then all's good!
It's kinda dead right now, unfortunetly
You'll have to PM one of the OPs to be added...none of us can do it

Welcome again
Old 09-07-2011, 01:18 PM
New Fan

Thanks so much! I just wanted to say that I adore your fic ... I was following it on fanfiction.net and it actually led me here
Evie6996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie6996 (View Post)
Thanks so much! I just wanted to say that I adore your fic ... I was following it on fanfiction.net and it actually led me here
haha I've been hearing that a lot actually
Well... thank you doll!!

I always appreciate people's appreciation for LLH
Many of the girls on this board have given inspiration or made requests they want to see between the two...it's hard to keep up

Currently I have A LOT going on, and I've had to dissapoint my two biggest, and first fans w/ no updates...
Will get one out ASAP when things settle down

Feel free to make a request
Thanks again!

Jess
Old 09-12-2011, 10:03 AM
New Fan

Ummm, there is a hint by Nina that katherine is going to have a hook-up this season...IT BETTER BE ELIJAH!!! but i think it may be...Stefan. Not sure. still could be Elijah. I mean it sooo could. Article.

And thespian pleaassee, if you have any mercy on us, pleeasse up-date your awsome fic ASAP!

and Evie welcome!
sometimesmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespianreveur (View Post)
Yey!!! Our thread is finally back!!!!
Anyone know why it was locked? We didn't get any strikes
Missed you guys!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally back from being out to sea...lol, it's smooth sailing from here on out

In regards to the current convo...Daniel knew from the beginning about the deeper connection, but not sure any of the writers did
He gives us little hints here and there...it's EXTREMELY subtle...but Elijah doesn't hate Kat as much as it appears he does

P.S. Glad to have you back!!!! Everyone was missed
Can you add my story to the OP...it's on FF now
It's done

Crossing my fingers that Katherine and Elijah will interact!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometimesmilla (View Post)
Ummm, there is a hint by Nina that katherine is going to have a hook-up this season...IT BETTER BE ELIJAH!!! but i think it may be...Stefan. Not sure. still could be Elijah. I mean it sooo could. Article.

And thespian pleaassee, if you have any mercy on us, pleeasse up-date your awsome fic ASAP!

and Evie welcome!
I hope it's Elijah too!!! so so much!
They've pretty much set us up for it!!!

I'm sooo sorry....I literally have had like no time
I'm STILL checking out of the Navy, and that has monopolized literally ALL of my time...I will update ASAP...I just have no idea when that is
I miss writing it..a lot

But the good news is that it's already written in my head...I jsut have to type it out

Sorry you guys have had to be so paitent

Thanks for adding me story to the OP! But hey, how come it's not first? lol
I think that forum members fics should be first on the list..what'cha think Sometimesmilla?

Last edited by Thespianreveur; 09-12-2011 at 07:10 PM
Old 09-19-2011, 06:10 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespianreveur (View Post)
Thanks for adding me story to the OP! But hey, how come it's not first? lol
I think that forum members fics should be first on the list..what'cha think Sometimesmilla?
yes i agree.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm sorry it's taken so long

Officially,
Most of you have already read this part on FF but I wanted to post it here so there was no gaps... PART 47 will be right after this, don't worry

PART 46

“You’re sure she said she heard screaming?” Bonnie asked, scanning the grimoir that lay open in front of her.

Stefan nodded, “I’m positive,” he confirmed. “She asked me if I heard something and then she asked who was screaming.” “I didn’t know what to say,” Stefan said, sounding helpless. Elena stood by his side, rubbing his shoulder. She looked over at Katherine. She was still unconscious. Elijah sat by her side, not saying a word. An open grimoir on the table beside him, long forgotten. Her hand was clasped in his and he held it to his face. His eyes were closed tightly, and he was just listening as she breathed. The only move he made was kissing her fingertips every once in a while.

Grimoirs lay open all around the sitting room. Everyone had their assigned witch cook book as Damon had called it. There was a pile to Bonnie’s right of all the ones they’d already gone through. Dusty books reached to the ceiling in an unorganized mess. Elijah had been right about Dr. Martin’s collection being extensive. And all they needed to spur their investigation was just to glance at Katherine. She was a pale comparison to the sassy vampire they were all used to, almost appearing human. They had easily poured through a good portion before the night was upon them.

As the night dragged on muscles began to cramp. Humans, and a werewolf, cracked their necks. Vampires devoured blood bags, one after another. Elijah would politely decline one every time he was offered a bag, before he turned his full attention back to Katherine. For anyone who hadn’t already figured out Elijah’s feelings for Katherine it became unavoidably clear as the night wore on. They mostly left him to himself. No one knew what to say to him. And they were all helpless to assist Katherine. All they could do was read, book after book…after book.

In fact, the only person to approach him since everyone had settled into their search party was Elena. She didn’t say anything as she’d stood behind him. Her gaze traveled to Katherine and she watched as her forehead creased and she whimpered. Elena found that she wished her eyes would open. When they didn’t Elena went to the kitchen and returned a short time later. She handed Elijah a warm washcloth. He offered her a sad smile in thanks, before he placed it against Katherine’s forehead. Katherine’s eyes didn’t open, but her whimpering quieted down slightly, and her fingers tightened around Elijah’s hand.

The response caused a genuine smile to cross Elijah’s face and he looked over his shoulder at Elena. “Would you get me a cup…something, and a knife Elena?” “I would appreciate it,” he requested of her. Elena spun around in response. Her eyes found Damon’s alcohol stash and she walked quickly to it. Elena had to move some broken glass around, and she finally found a bottle undamaged by Katherine’s cries. She grabbed the empty glass bottle, complete with a topper, having an idea what Elijah wanted it for. A top would be more convenient for the task. Then she grabbed a knife from the bar. She handed Elijah the bottle and knife, then waited.

Elijah removed the lid from the bottle and set it on the table next to the grimoir. He slid the knife easily through the skin of his hand and watched as his blood dripped in a steady flow into the bottle. When the bottle was full he closed his hand. He felt his skin begin to knit together and a moment later, his hand had healed. When he opened it back up again he wiped the remaining blood from his palm with his sleeve. His hand then went to the back of Katherine’s head, pulling her up, slowly.

Elena moved around the other side of the couch. She grabbed Katherine’s shoulder and helped Elijah as he sat her up as gently as he could. Stefan moved in behind Elena and handed her a pillow. Elena gave the pillow to Elijah, and he placed it behind her head. When he was satisfied that she was as comfortable as she could be Elijah placed his hand behind her head again. He reached for the bottle at his side and brought it to her lips.

Elijah leaned forward to speak to her. “Katerina?” “You must drink..” he urged her. Katherine must have registered something, because her lips barely parted. The opening was just enough for Elijah to tip the bottle back and for small amounts of his blood to slip into her mouth. She took in a little at first, sipping slowly. But before long she’d moved on to gulps. Taking in the blood with a hunger that Elijah remembered. The contents of the bottle slowly, and then quickly began disappearing. As she finished the last swallow she coughed. Small droplets littering her lips and Elijah’s fingers as they held the bottle before her. He set her head back down and breathed relief when she didn’t start whimpering again and seemed to just be resting. She stayed like that for a while. Her breathing and her grip on his hand was Elijah’s only indication that she hadn’t left him.

“Just give it to me, Tyler” Caroline says. “It’s a well known fact that guys can’t cook anyways,” she mocks.

“I’m telling you Caroline, I think I found something.” he says, trying to snatch the book back from her. She smiles at him and pulls the book out of his reach. He flashes her a wicked grin, before he tackles her and begins to tickle her sides. Caroline giggles, pushing him off of her. Damon and Alaric look up, shaking their heads. Caroline sits back up, running her hand through her hair and she settles the book into her lap, mock glaring at Tyler. She looks down at the page and her eyes widen.

“Bonnie?!“” she says, fanning her arms at her friend. “I think we’ve got something here,” she says smiling at Tyler and turning her grin to Bonnie. Bonnie looks up from the page she‘s currently scanning. Jeremy is reading over her shoulder. She sees Caroline’s bright smile and she’s pushing around Jeremy to reach her friend.

She reaches Caroline’s side, motioning for Tyler to move. He moves quickly. “I found it,” he points out proudly. Bonnie sits down next to Caroline and grabs the book from her lap, crossing her legs under her to make a table top. Bonnie holds one end of the book and Caroline holds the other. She eagerly looks down at the page, her gaze shifting to Katherine momentarily. Bonnie shakes her head, a look of disappointment plastered all over her lovely features.

“No Caroline, this can’t be it…it’s impossible,” she says frustrated. She moves the book from her lap and stands, walking back over to where Jeremy is still reading their assigned book.

“Just read it Bon, Caroline says. She hefts the book into her arms, standing, and following her friend. When she reaches her she tosses the book down in front of Bonnie.

“Hey, easy on the antiques,” Bonnie exclaims. Dust fans up from the book in front of her and tickles her nose. Jeremy coughs.

“I‘m sorry…just read it,” Caroline urges again, pointed to the page, and not sounding the least bit appoligetic. Bonnie leans over the ancient book and begins to read.

Damon looks up, the commotion having caught his attention. He takes note of the tension between Caroline and Bonnie. The fire in Bonnie’s eyes catches him, and he smiles. A cat fight would be good to stifle the boredom of the librarian gig they‘d all been thrown into. He closes his book, tossing it to the side. It bounces as it hits the cushion.

“What’cha got little witch ?” Damon asks, pushing Jeremy out of the way. Jeremy glares at Damon, but he moves out of the way, choosing to plop down next to Tyler.

Elijah looks up, the commotion cutting through his concentration on the woman in front of him. Her skin has gained much of it’s color back. But she still has not opened her eyes. She was quiet for a long time, but began whimpering again after a couple hours. When she did Elijah cut his hand, repeating the process from earlier. Only this time he needed a little more than one bottle before her thirst was satisfied. After she’d calmed he’d gone back to lightly stroking her face. Elijah had been enjoying the softness of her skin when he’d caught bits and pieces of conversation.

Damon smiles suddenly “No wait, look!” he says, pointing to the page in excitement. “Screaming, splitting of the skin,” his finger moves along the page, “it‘s all here!” He looks back up at Bonnie, sporting one of his signature grins. Bonnie doesn’t return it and Damon frowns when he notices.

“Keep reading Damon,” she instructs quietly. Bonnie looks over at Elijah and she sees that his eyes are on her.

Elijah kisses Katherine’s hand. He places it lightly by her side, curling her fingers out. It takes some effort to get her to let go, but he manages. He stands quickly, buttoning his coat and moves across the room.

”What is it Bonnie?” he asks. Bonnie looks away, biting her lip. Damon looks away from the page. His gaze meets Bonnie’s. He watches as her eyes cloud with dread and she looks at Elijah. The thing he’d noticed about Bonnie was that everything else about her could reflect calm, collected. Her eyes always told the true story when she hid her feelings. When Bonnie looks away from Damon and to Elijah, her eyes are troubled.

“Elijah….I’m so sorry.” Her voice is laced with sympathy and sadness. Elijah looks over his shoulder at Katherine. She is laying quietly, and comfortably.
Elijah swivels his head back to Bonnie. His eyes turn hard, and he grabs a hold of his emotions, preparing himself for what she will say. “Tell me,” he demands.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Phew....that's a releif...I'll be writing more today...Again, I'm sorry....enjoy!

P.S. This was exhausting to write with everything going on, if not for Bonnie I'd have gone nutz...kinda love her..she's our guardian now...*hmmm*

PART 47

Bonnie looks at Elijah. The sadness has not left her eyes. She swallows loudly as she watches him. "I could be wrong," she says quickly. Elijah doesn't believe her even as she speaks. Her eyes tell him that she is sure. He gently grabs the grimoir from her and begins to read. He feels his heart clench as he skips over what he'd already been told and his eyes land on three words. Everything stops for him at that moment. The rest of the page blurs and he can only see those three words. He can hear his heart hammering against his ribcage and he faintly registers Bonnie taking a step in his direction.

Elijah's hands clench around the cover of the grimoir and his fingers turn white. He feels the blood drain from his face as he watches it drain from his hands. It wasn't possible. He kept repeating the words over and over again in his head as he looked towards Katherine. It was not possible. He looked at her face. Her skin was whiter than his must be at the moment. The cuts that had long healed appeared before him to mare her beautiful skin. Elijah shook his head and they disappeared. Everything began to fall into place. Marcus chanting over her body as she'd laid unconscious, the screams she'd heard, the pain she'd endured before she had succumbed to it. He saw the blood in his mind as it flowed from her. Rivers of blood ran across his vision until all he could see was red. The rivers slowly began to form a shape. The blood stone vividly flashed into his thoughts.

Elijah barely notices it when Bonnie hesitantly takes the book from his hands. She shuts it softly. The pages swish as the spine compresses. Bonnie marks the place with one finger. She reaches out and lightly rests her hand on Elijah's shoulder. It 's not a surprise when he steps away from her. Her hand falls to her side. She feels the weight of the grimoir as it hangs by her hip. Bonnie watches as Elijah takes a few steps. He attempts to take another one before he stops. His knees give out from under him and he sinks to the ground. She cringes when she hears his limbs hit the carpeted floor. Seeing Elijah like this was just wrong. This whole thing was wrong.

Bonnie jumps when she feels cold against her hand. She looks down and sees that Damon has his fingers resting by hers. He's trying to take the book from her. Damon smiles down at her stiffly as the book slides from her hand. She doesn't care. Bonnie watches as he sits down and props the book on his lap. Her attention goes back to Elijah and she's not phased when she sees that he's as she would expect him to be. His back is stiff and he hasn't moved an inch. His eyes stare at the ground, looking at nothing.

Damon opens the book to where Bonnie held the page and scans the section he'd been reading. Before he'd only read what he could understand, skipping over the parts that were gibberish. Now he focused on everything, word for word. There was something that he was missing. He gets to the bottom of the paragraph and his eyes shift down. Three words are strewn elegantly in between the next two sections. They're printed larger than anything on the rest of the page and Damon expects that they're important.

Damon shrugged, standing to his feet and walking over to Bonnie. Every once in a while witches made sense. Bigger words meant something was important, right? He stopped by her side, tapping her shoulder. "Hey," he said. Bonnie blinked and looked at him. "What does…" he stopped, trying to sound out the words. He tried to pronounce them. But stopped when Bonnie hesitantly giggled beside him. 'What language is this anyway?" he asked, frustrated. Bonnie grew quiet, swallowing her silent giggle as her gaze met his. Damon was glaring at her. She knew he didn't like when he wasn't in control of a situation.

"Latin.." she explained. Damon raised his eyes brows. "And…Indonesian," she finished, returning his glare.

"Of course," Damon replied, sarcastically. "They teach Indonesian in high school now do they? he asked.

Bonnie put her hands on her hips, stepping towards him. "Grams taught me…or started to," she said, defiantly. Bonnie's glare dropped suddenly when she could of sworn she saw a flicker of guilt flash over Damon's features. She eyed him suspiciously, and he looked away, uncomfortable.

"Why can't you witches just write everything in English? Or at least One language? Make things easier for the rest of us?" he suggested. Bonnie forgot her shock and glared at him. "Damon…" she warned.

Elijah looked up as the heated argument of the two finally cuts through his thoughts. He looks over his shoulder and notes the glares passing between them. He couldn't be sure but he was almost positive that saying Bonnie was winning wouldn't be a long shot. Elijah shakes his head as they stop speaking and resume glaring at each other. Those two had their own way of communicating. And though entertaining, it didn't concern him right now. Elijah looked away from the sparing pair and down at his feet. His eyes land on his handkerchief. He recalled how it had fallen through his fingers earlier when he'd offered it, unsuccessfully, to Katerina. His gaze shifted again and they landed on the sleeping beauty. He had to snap out of this, for her sake. The impossible had become possible. But he refused to believe that there was a definitive here. There had to be something that could be done. There just had to be.

Damon sighed, looking away from Bonnie. He subconsciously decided that he was done arguing with her, for now. "So… "Melam Tribum Malédiction" what's it mean?" he asks, shrugging his shoulders. Bonnie sighs, letting the tension drain from her body. "It's a spell, Damon." she starts.

Bonnie seems reluctant to continue, and Damon tilts his head to the side. "Okay, what? Melam Tribum…that's?" he offers to assist her. Bonnie sighs again, "Night Tribe…" Damon looks at her, confused by her response. Bonnie opens her mouth, but before she gets the words out Elijah cuts her off.

"Vampires…Damon" "Creatures of the night." Elijah turns his gaze back to the handkerchief in front of him. He finally grabs it, crushing the material in his fist. His eyes close briefly and he puts the scrap of cloth back in his pocket before he stands again, turning towards them.

Damon is nodding his head, as if he understands. "And malédiction would be?" he wonders.

"French," Elijah offers in a flat tone as an easy explanation.

"It's French now," Damon says, frustrated. "Latin, Indonesian, and French…oh my," Damon smirks. He looks to his left and notes that Bonnie is not returning his enthusiasm. When he looks up he sees that neither is Elijah.

"Melam Tribum Malédiction" Elijah says with perfect pronunciation. "The Vampire's Curse," he defines.

"Curse?" Damon questions, Bonnie feels him stiffen next to her after a moment. Realization dawns on Damon and the color drains from his face. His mouth drops open. "That's...just a myth. It's not real" he says in disbelief.

"No?" Elijah questions, taking a step towards him. He purses his lips, "I think that Katerina's current state would suggest other wise. Don't you?" Elijah asks, frustration and anger coloring his voice. Damon's mouth drops open again and he stares at Elijah. Bonnie steps up to his side and he looks at her. Damon notes her troubled eyes again, Now Bonnie and Elijah's reactions make sense. They make perfect sense.

Caroline huffed behind them all. She had been content to just stand by like everyone else as events had unfolded. But she was tired of this defeatist attitude.

"Okay, whatever…vampire hocus pocus, how do we stop it?" she asks, sure of herself.

"We don't," Damon finally speaks. "There's no known way to stop it. The spell has to…run it's course," Bonnie explains. Her voice hitches as she says "course" and she glances at Elijah.

Caroline looks around. Her eyes travel from Elijah to Damon, until they finally rest on Bonnie again. "What does that mean?" she asks. Her voice wavers as if she's afraid of the answer. Bonnie shakes her head before she looks towards Elijah. Caroline follows her eyes.

Elijah is facing away from them. He seems to feel their gaze on his back because he turns towards them. They are waiting for him to speak. He opens his mouth, but shuts it before a word passes his lips. His head jerks in Katherine's direction, unexpectedly. All attention turns to Katherine as they watch her fingers twitch and her head slowly turns towards them. Elijah lets out a long breath, moving towards her. The trio behind him is forgotten.

Katherine opens her eyes and blinks, trying to focus. She feels a warm hand close gently around hers as her vision clears. Elijah's eyes slowly come into view. His whole face follows and she sees that he's looking at her with concern. "What a trip," she observes, putting her free hand to her forehead. She tries to sit up, unsuccessfully. Katherine lays back down as her vision blurs again and she feels a tightening behind her eye lids. "Maybe I'll just lay here," she decides. She smirks at Elijah, but he doesn't return it. His other hand reaches towards her and he smoothes the hair back from her face.

Her hair is sweaty and her skin is flushed. Elijah frowns as he notes that she definitely has a fever. Katherine clenches her eyes shut as another wave of pain hits her. She feels it stretch it's way across her skull and she groans when the feeling intensifies. A scream rips it's way through her conscious and she cringes as the shrill sound pains her ears. She opens her eyes and sees that everyone is still looking at her. They didn't seem to hear the scream. Katherine squeezes Elijah's hand tighter as another one sounds. This one is louder and inducing more pain than the previous.

Katherine closes her eyes again. She concentrates on drowning the sound out even as another scream slashes through her concentration. Elijah watches as Katherine pinches the top of her nose. Her eyes clench and unclench repeatedly. Her mouth falls open as she heaves in long deep breaths. Katherine concentrates on breathing. In and out, long clean, breaths. Elijah's thumb strokes one of her fingers and she clenches her teeth together, focusing on him.

She opens her eyes when she finally has control. The screams are locked away in the back of her mind for the moment. When she opens her mouth she has to concentrate on every word as she works to get them out. Her voice is harsh and more demanding than she would have wanted it to be. She just wants it to stop. Her eyes close again as she musters all her focus.

"Can someone please explain to me why I feel like some weak human and I have a scream-track on repeat running through my head?" She stopped for a minute and gathered her strength before she continued. "You have no idea how….Ahhh!" she halted. The pain seared her and she couldn't form anymore words.

Katherine's nails dug into Elijah's hand, drawing a steady flow of blood. He looked away from her. His head hung in defeat. He had hoped that they had been wrong. But her admission about what she was currently experiencing had him dreading the truth. He turned his head and his gaze fell on everyone behind him. The rest of the group had filtered in behind Bonnie and Damon. Now they all stood in a line, watching Katherine. He looked at Bonnie. She had the same look on her face that he had.

Last edited by Thespianreveur; 09-24-2011 at 05:01 PM
Old 09-28-2011, 06:32 PM
New Fan

Found a new Elijah/katherine fic. pretty good too. HERE
Reply   Post New Thread