Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Elijah♥Elena #17: "Elijah, out of everyone, is the only person who's actually forming an alliance with her." Nina Dobrev

W E L C O M E..T O..T H E .17th
T H R E A D..F O R

ELIJAH & ELENA

TheShameless
1. Black Betty
2. BrathanSupporter
3. Videl-Chan
4. quin611
5. deathly_smirk
6. angel_wings05
7. dreamywriter19
8. sethamgal
9. 4biddenluv
10. arakha
11. hlgreenie
12. delenalove
13. Advo
14. intoxicated dreamer
15. hell to pay
16. ssbailey
17. sofia-carby
18. ixluvxchilly
19. Oh-Ian
20. Shereile
21. ElenaElijah forever
22. xXSTARwarsROXx
23. Timcanpy
24. Queen J & The Dark Prince
25. Girl In The War
26. shipperFan*
27. nikki_A
28. lisagslack14
29. TheDesen
30. Lynea
31. taylorjoie
32. The_Void
33. honor_in_revenge
34. NBalways
35. ElenaDamonForev

"Elijah, out of everyone, is the only person who's
actually forming an alliance with her, so her
biggest enemy is her c l o s e s t ally." Nina Dobrev

"God knows that she’s done things to him that he
wouldn’t have necessarily wanted to happen, but
Elijah continues to return to Elena even though
she’s effectively put a knife in him." Daniel Gillies

Reasons
01. Daniel Gillies ships it!
02. he checked out her ass
03. he was willing to negotiate with her instead of compelling
her
04. he thinks she's lovely
05. she trusted him to protect the people she loves
06. when he leaned in to sniff her we all thought he was going to kiss
her - and clearly so did Elena
07. he cradled her head, which was tender and unnecessary
08. we kept hoping he'd actually take her away
09. they make negotiating sexy
10. "I didn't want you to be taken"
11. she brought him back to life
12. she understands that Elijah is very careful with his words
13. he decided to work with her
14. she went back to him
15. he was happy to see her
16. he let her go to Jenna
17. he treats her like a lady
18. they eyesex each other like crazy
19. he knew she wouldn't want to be a vampire
20. she bragged about him to Stefan and Damon
21. he gave her the elixir
22. he stood beside her
23. when Alaric delivered Klaus' message, she looked to him
24. she sees him as the most noble vampire
25. if the roles were reversed, Elena would have done the same as Elijah to find her family
26. all of their scenes are nothing short of perfection
27. Elijah stares at Elena like he's longing for her
28. he thinks she is a miracle
29. Stefan knew that Elena was the only one who could get Elijah to help them
30. she didn't second guess when she pulled that dagger out
31. for both of them, family is important
32. 1000+ year old "original" vampire already falling? NUFF SAID!
33. they have both mastered the art of dying.
34. the more time he spends with her the more human he becomes
35. Elijah thinks that she’s greater than some creature that lived for centuries
36. she reminds him of how beautiful it can be to be human

Their Scenes
Elijah battles Stefan and Damon for Elena; 2x08 Rose
Elijah prevents Elena from being taken; 2x10 The Sacrifice
Elijah strikes a deal with Elena; 2x11 By the Light of the Moon
Elena and Elijah renegotiate; 2x15 The Dinner Party
Elena pulls the dagger out of Elijah; 2x18 The Last Dance
Elena and Elijah have some time alone; 2x19 Klaus
Elijah explains his plan to save Elena; 2x20 The Last Day

Testimonials
I love that he is her ally. He respects her ability to make decisions for herself. He understands that it is her life and her choice. He respects her intelligence and her bravery - he's spent over half a millennium watching people run from his brother and this girl is willing to go to him and die. He respects her love for her family and friends. She recognizes that about him and so she trusts him; in this situation, I don't know if she trusts anyone more. When Alaric delivered Klaus' message, she looked to Elijah first.

This is a couple that locks it down. Lay it out, talk it through, negotiate, learn about the other, learn to trust. He got what Damon didn't, and he's only known her for less than two weeks: Elena doesn't want to become a vampire. Elena would become a risk to everyone, even if only for the first little while. She could murder people, like poor sweet Caroline did in the beginning. Elena does not want to murder people, and if she did she would have to live with that forever. Elijah - and Klaus - knew that elixir would work. He offered her more than mere survival, he offered her life. Because he knows: this girl isn't Katherine. She's willing to see this thing through to the end and make the best choice she can. - Black_Betty

Elijah and Elena. I don't even know how I went from finding them interesting to shipping them as AU to hardcore shipping them to considering them my OTP so quickly, but they stole my heart and it doesn't seem likely they'll give it back anytime soon. There's something so special about Elijah and Elena, a unique bond that comes from basically sharing one soul. They don't need to talk to understand each other, they can read each other without even trying. Their relationship started out as an alliance, but it gradually grew into respect and was on the way to becoming friendship when Elijah took off with Klaus (which nothing will convince me was a "betrayal". He walked into this plan fully intending to kill Klaus- until he was given the chance to see his family again. Who says no to that chance?)
Elijah is clearly attracted to Elena- the way he looked at her when he said "a mistake I won't make again" screamed of a man who's trying to convince himself. When he smiled the moment she came back to the Lockwood's I could practically hear his defenses crumble, only to be ruthlessly put up again when she went straight into business mode.

Elena can feel at ease with him - even more so than when she's with Stefan or Damon. Elijah doesn't coddle her, he treats her like an equal, but he doesn't surrender to her either. He challenges her, just like she challenges him. They seek each other out with their eyes when something happens- no matter who else is in the same room with them. They inevitably look at each other first.

Elijah and Elena will probably never stand a chance on the show, I know that- but nothing will take away from the fact that it's such an incredible waste. - dreamywriter19

It's inevitable. It's undeniable. To the writers of TVD; open your eyes to what you are creating! This is all you! We as fans are drawing out what you provide us with! In the sense of EE becoming a true "item", it doesn't have to happen right now. Though I am bored stiff, I am willing to let the triangle run its course. It poses no threat. Elena will eventually tire of being pulled in 2 directions. No one should have to endure that. But if she settles with one, it won't be stable because this is the Salvatores. They're so damaged from their past they've lost it. I don't understand how this love is supposed to be real to them; it's just something to fill an empty void, which began simply on the fact that Elena looks like Katherine; but that is where it all ends. It's not love, it's obsession. A sick and disturbing obsession. How anyone can find beauty in this eludes me, but perhaps the only reason I say that is because in a sense, I've seen the light. I have a whole new perspective of this fandom, as well as a deeper understanding.

It's better to have EE's relationship build and strengthen over time; instead of rush it just for the fact they have undeniable chemistry. It just comes so naturally. Never forced. It's so spiritually deep and so eloquent. I could go on and on about the amazing beauty of this truly flawless pairing. I have never in my life, being the hopeless romantic that I am, been so passionate about 2 fictional characters. I mean, they're not even real! Yet I am so captivated and enveloped by them because they're so enchanting and exhilarating. Like nothing I have ever seen before. Daniel Gillies' perspectives on their affiliation just make it all even more clearly defined. He's the true heart and soul of this idea. If this is what he feels, than it must hold true. But like I said, you have to surrender to it all. Otherwise, everything just gets distorted and mixed. It becomes one big mess of complicated strands between this ship and that ship. Essentially no one can make you ship a pairing, you have to decide for yourself. And we are all human so everyone sees things different. People will call you out as to being "wrong" because you don't share their views and opinions, like you're supposed to be put to shame. But it's not all so black and white. I feel rather relieved to have stepped away from that mess. TVD is one of the "hype" fandoms and I generally hate hype. But there's some reason I gravitate to it. Those reasons have changed drastically, but it's for the best.

However, in the risk of stereotyping, most people in this fandom don't seem to want to take that because they're loyalty lies with other pairings. I've never really met anyone who truly and honestly loves both Stefan/Elena and Damon/Elena without having one overpower the other. I could be wrong on that account, but that is just from my personal experience in this fandom. We are divided. Individual views are quite one sided, while as a whole there's the choice between one or the other; in the sense of SE or DE. Not really any area between that; unless you believe in crack ships, which I'm not a fan of, really. But all that was until Elijah came along, and offered a brighter outlook, at least for me. And now, Elijah is the only one I fully ship Elena with. These two are truly soulmates. The EE fanbase is so...clean, for the lack of a better word. We're not scarred with a dark and complicated history that came before. There's less baggage, if you will. We have a beautiful harmony amongst ourselves. But that doesn't make it simple. EE is the most appealingly complex relationship in the fandom just because they're more than what's on the surface. You have to get underneath it all and really look at it. And that is the main reason why I ship them. Never have I analyzed a pairing so deeply. I find it so fascinating and intriguing, more so than any other pairing, not just in the VD fandom, but EVER! And believe me, a week before 02x19, I was actually defending Damon/DE. But now, no. No turning back.

It's EE now and forever. - xXSTARwarsROXx

"Elijah spotted at Mandalay Bay frolicking in a wave pool.....
When asked about Elena, he started singing 'Umbrella'.
" - Daniel Gillies

These fancy things, will never come in between
You're part of my entity, here for Infinity
When the war has took it's part
When the world has dealt it's cards
If the hand is hard, together we'll mend your heart
Because

When the sun shines, we'll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever

Said I'll always be a friend
Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella

You can run into my arms
It's okay don't be alarmed
(Come into me)
(There's no distance in between our love)
So go on and let the rain pour
I'll be all you need and more

“There’s now something sort of building between Elijah and
Elena.” - Nina Dobrev

Videos
Moments in Love
Hurricane
Don't You Mess Around With Me
Your Vampire
Magdalena
Addicted
Pretty Girl
As The Rush Comes
Haunted
The Longest Night
In Love
Poker Face
With You
Say When
Crawling In My Skin
Never Say Never
Toxic
Crawling
Stormy Night
Only Surrender Can Help You Now
On Earth As In Heaven
Undisclosed Desires
Watching You
Just A Dream
Beautiful Lie
Suddenly
Tell Me Would You Kill
Make Me Wanna Die
You Were Once Normal...And Mine
Let Me Fall
Hold Me Like You Held Onto Life
Waltz With Vampires
I'd Come For You
I'm Not Afraid
October and April
No Easy Way Out
Bruises and Bitemarks
Angels

"I think that if he does survive and leaves Mystic Falls,
I don’t think he can stay away because she’s too much of a
miracle for him." Daniel Gillies

...continued
Bury Me Alive
Kiss My Eyes and Lay Me To Sleep
For Your Entertainment
Love Hurts
Inconvenient Phone Call
Die Twice
What Have You Done
In Memory
Out From Under
Bleeding Love
You Floating In Me
Life Must Go On
Remember Me
Saved My Life
Leave The Rest Unspoken, I'll Never Change My Mind
Too Late
Come Undone
Babysteps
Precious Stone
To Make Her Love Me
Bad Things
Are You Ugly
Inevitability
Illuminated
Confide In Me
Unspoken
Something In The Wind
Before The Dawn
Love The Way You Lie
Tainted Love
Whataya Want From Me
Stripped
Wanna Be a Victim, Ready for Abduction
Infect Me With Your Love
I Choose You
I Miss You So
Super Psycho Love
+

Picspams
2x08 Rose: 1 2 | 2x11 By the Light of the Moon: 1 2 3 |
2x11 By the Light of the Moon & 2x15 The Dinner Party: 1 |
2x15 The Dinner Party: 1 2 3 | 2x15 The Dinner Party &
2x18 The Last Dance: 1 | 2x18 The Last Dance & 2x19
Klaus: 1 | 2x19 Klaus: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 |
2x19 Klaus & 2x20 The Last Day: 1 | 2x20 The Last Day: 1

"There’s something in her that’s also in him – I don’t mean
to be grotesque about it and frame this in a romantic context,
but there’s a spiritual quality they share and that’s going to be
very difficult for him to not return to." Daniel Gillies

Fanfic
I Will Not Bow
Freedom
In My Mind's Eye, Horatio
Hidden Clause
Lasciate Ogni Speranza
A Game of Trust
Red Strings
Sweet Dreams Are Made of This
Until Sunrise
Homecoming
A Question of Love
Promise
All In
Sin and Grace
Aurora
Wise Through Experience
Casting Eyes
The Man Who Competes With the Devil
The Silence Wager
The Dead Shall Remain Dead
The Girl Who Is Spinning the Thread of Fate
Unusual Hearing
You Shall See Me a Little While Longer
Baby Let Me Hold Your Hand
Fragile Flower
Pretty Girl
+

"I think he finds Elena attractive. I mean, I know he does.
Maybe that’s just me." Daniel Gillies

"She represents something magnificent to him, something he
doesn’t see very often in people. The fans are right; there’s a
resistance and a purity, and the sexual tension becomes
pyre between them." Daniel Gillies

Future Titles
Because they trust each other
Because he's noble and she needs him
Because he trusts her enough to tell her his secrets...
Because one Petrova helped him believe in love, & the other renewed his faith in it.
Because he's been waiting over a thousand years to meet someone like her.
Because she saved his life, and he knows how to save hers.
Because "he looks better" when he's with her
"Elijah and I need some time alone." –Elena
Because he's trying to do it right this time around.
Because they're trying to do it right this time around.
"He lives by a code of honor, I can trust him." –Elena
Because 'you look better'. Than who, Elena?
“The longer he’s around her, the more human he becomes.” - Daniel Gillies
“Elijah looks at her and thinks that even within her own mortality she’s greater than some creature that lived for centuries…” - Daniel Gillies

"From the moment I walked on set, she was just immediately kind to me.
It doesn’t happen that often. It’s the nicest crew and cast ever... Nina, she’s
what? 21? I’m 34... She’s smarter than me. And boy does she work hard,
she’s playing both roles. She’s there every day and she doesn’t bitch, and
she’s tough and she knows she has a great thing. She cares and she always
has a sense of humor. She’s just vicious and she rips on me. We tease each
other all day
and I think it reads in the performance." - Daniel Gillies

Resources
i give you my word
Elijah & Elena
Fanpop
LJ Community
The Negotiators
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 07-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT! This title is
Old 07-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

YW

Sara | tumblr
Old 07-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Bringing this over from the previous thread. I dont have anything to add (yet!) but I'd love to see where this discussion goes.

Quote:
"I really liked the scene where Elena put the knife in me, actually," he says after we ask about his favorite moments this season. "I quite liked that - I don't know why, but there's something about it that's kind of romantic to me. I don't know if it's the imagery, or just something about those two together. When I watched that back, even though she stuck the knife in, there's something sort of symbolic about love and a relationship."

I guess it is because this is when Elijah truly realized how heroic Elena is, and how far she would go to keep everyone she loves safe. This was a defining moment in their relationship. There was something special about the double juxtaposition between
a) Elijah's wrath and power (a rightful response to surviving an assassination attempt) vs his inner conflict (over whether to believe Elena or not) and
b) Elena's inner strength (her ability to convince herself to stab herself) vs her inherent physical weakness due to her mortality (the fact that she *will* die if she does not allow Elijah to heal her)

I think one of Elijah's most amazing traits is that he is able to develop a deep instantaneous respect for someone even as they are killing him.
Quote:
I think Daniel said something along the lines of respecting Elena for the things she does, things that Elijah wouldn't ever be able to do.
And I doubt that he would willingly weaken himself, just to get a point across. He can't really weaken himself. Elijah is very much a vampire and his arrogance leads him to believe that he will get what he's entitled to as an Original. I'm not saying that he considers all people beneath him, it's just that he doesn't bother, because he doesn't care about anyone other than his family.
Well until now.
Seeing the selfless Elena, doing things like that in front of him, just shows how determined she is and she doesn't give a **** about her own physical wellbeing, as long as the others are safe... He finally understood how serious she is about that.
Elijah realized this the moment she stabbed herself ( he realized it earlier when she willingly wanted to go with the vampires, but I believe at that time it hasn't really settled in his mind), he realized that the human girl is not kidding, is not playing a child's game and perfectly understands her position in certain matters.

Of course it shows that she, in her determination and love, is something he strives to be in the end. He values loyalty and honor above everything else and Elena is the prime example of that. H Of course he won't be able to push his feelings aside as we have clearly seen in 2X20.
That man is steps away from falling head over heels for her and his feelings will help him to understand the lenghts Elena is willing to go. He'll finally embrace his remaining humanity and the fact that love is not a weakness. In fact it makes Elena stronger than any vampire.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

i love that!

Sara | tumblr
Old 07-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

I can't get over the way he looks at her here. He looks so vulnerable. I love it
Old 07-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Supreme Fan

TFTNT! Love the title!

Caro, that is my favorite EE scene. They're just so beautiful together!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

I love that scene, Caro You can just see the emotion in his eyes; it's almost like he already knows the answer but hearing her say it, confirming what he believes about her - I like to think that's when he made the decision to say in MF.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

YW

Was that in 2x20?

Sara | tumblr
Old 07-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Yes, their last scene One of my favorites I think the deleted scene was after that.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Again some art for you. I'm unable to stop

Old 07-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

My two favorite moments in one beautiful art! I love that, Veronika
Old 07-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Pretty!

i'm so HUNGRY!

Sara | tumblr
Old 07-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved it when he stepped closer.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was HAWT.

Sara | tumblr
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top