Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 11:03 PM
New Fan

Haha.. well if I had to guess, I would say that during Season 1 Gail thought Dov was kind of dorky (in a cute way?) and was too distracted with Chris to think much else and maybe Dov thought she was attractive and felt the vibes from her because that's what he wished would happen.

Around this season, I would say that the tables may be slightly turned, in that he is clearly annoyed by her at times (as roommates tend to get)and is not so much concerned about her physical beauty but I think she discovered that there is something profound about his past that she finds maybe a little interesting. From here on out I think she will be the one to develop a kind of crush on him first and then he will come back around to liking her too (if they don't already presumably like each other already!)

I cannot wait for the new episode, and now that I think about it.. I don't seem to be watching much else outside of cop shows this summer.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Have Charlotte or Gregory mentioned Peckstein at all?

I find it odd that Gregory hasn't said anything about it.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:51 AM
New Fan

Not that I'm aware of, but I have only read one interview and he just vaguely talked about getting a girlfriend this season. The rest was just about the audience learning more about his past. Haven't seen/read any Charlotte interviews.

By the way, the first time I even heard the term "Peckstein" was, I think, in the episode where Dov and Gail are teamed up to help out a man with amnesia. Noelle says something like "that sounds like a job for.. Peck, Epstein" then Oliver says "Peckstein!" ha
Old 07-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Loyal Fan

ivw not read anything from them about it but I think that the writer's are going to create the air of something more but I wonder if it will just be a mutual friendship and respect growing between them...think that would be nice

Castle & Beckett, Damon & Elena, Sam & Andy, Nick & Jess
Arthur & Gwen, Michael & Nikita, Peter & Olivia, Chuck & Sarah, Wade & Zoe, Sean & Alex
Old 07-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Greg's still going on about Dov's past?

We probably know the most about his past (Even more than Andy's and THAT'S saying something)

We already know from the Global and ABC websites that Dov was a sickly kid who spent most of his time watching Starsky & Hutch. We learned in Butterflies that he an older brother named Adam who had a twenty fifth birthday and commited suicide.

We also know that Dov has asthma and has wanted to be a cop since forever.

Although, I would like to know why Dov wanted to be a cop. Did he only want to be a cop because of Starsky & Hutch? Because a cop is considered a "cool" job? Or because it's just his dream?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 PM
New Fan

Maybe that'll be all for his past, because I think the interview was done before it was revealed that his brother committed suicide. He also said something like finding out "why he is the way he is" so maybe that'll go into why he became a cop in the first place.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBear2012 (View Post)
Maybe that'll be all for his past, because I think the interview was done before it was revealed that his brother committed suicide. He also said something like finding out "why he is the way he is" so maybe that'll go into why he became a cop in the first place.
I read an interesting fanfiction that portrayed Dov as a weak, scrawny kid picked on by bullies. In the fic, the bullies strip him naked (Why the hell would boys do that to another boy?) and basically make a spectacle of him. However, a police officer drives by and asks them what they're doing. The boys typically lie and try and say that Dov had a bee on him but the officer isn't buying it and the boys scurry away. Basically, the fic says that Dov wanted to be a cop to command fear rather than to fear others.

It also said that he had wanted to be a marine biolgist before that happened.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:03 AM
New Fan

Well that episode was chock full of Dov/Gail interaction.. loved it! And as a side note, that was one adorable Golden Retriever puppy
Old 07-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah!

They seem to be on much friendlier terms now.

Dov doesn't seem nearly as hostile towards her and Gail hasn't made any snide remarks to Dov.

I loved the whole "Gail's awesome" thing. It really shows how their relationship has changed. Before the last episode, Dov would never admit Gail's awesome, let alone to the others. And Gail wouldn't want to play video games with Dov. Even if she did, Dov would probably suspect an ulterior motive.

I do like how Dov seemed to be on Gail's side with the whole puppy thing. I just love how he's going on about how Chris should get rid of it and Chris is just like

"Dude, I thought you hated Gail."

Plus the end scene was cute, Dov admitting Gail was awesome - and actually meaning it

Haha and Gail was just like "Awww Dov..." in a really sappy, romantic voice.

Then Chris had to come in and ruin the moment.

But I did notice Dov staring at them hugging for a few minutes

I love the direction they've taken.

They didn't make Gail jump right into bed with Dov but they also didn't suddenly fall in love. They're making Dov, Gail's shoulder to cry on. When Chris gets too much for her, who is she going to talk to? Dov.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Loyal Fan

i thought something was gonna happen with them at the end in the apartment then chris walked in and Dov looked a little disappointed and awkward....

Castle & Beckett, Damon & Elena, Sam & Andy, Nick & Jess
Arthur & Gwen, Michael & Nikita, Peter & Olivia, Chuck & Sarah, Wade & Zoe, Sean & Alex
Old 07-16-2011, 06:24 PM
New Fan

As much as I want to see some Peckstein love connection pronto, I'm glad that their last scene together in that episode was very tasteful and sweet (as opposed to if they leaned in and kissed then would have something to hide from Chris).

1. I don't know why but I laughed loudly when Gail says "but we're already Dov's foster parents" and Dov responds with "bite me, Casper." Maybe it was his delivery..

2. Gail seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself in Dov's presence this episode (playing videogames with him, then being able to throw it in his face). I just like them smirking at each other.. they're too cute.

3. I also like how Chris says "what do you care if I dump her?" and Dov says he doesn't care but we all know he does

4. Also loved how Gail said there is a difference between Chris and "us" because although she didn't mean it in a romantic way I still liked the sound of it

5. I had a feeling that the whole "Gail, you're awesome" thing would come back around at the end of the episode but it was sweet of Dov to admit that to her in a sincere tone, and for her to acknowledge that.

And finally, yes, Chris ruined the moment by walking in, haha

Also, not sure if this is a spoiler or anything but I remember seeing in a promo (for Season 2 overall) and I remember Chris, Andy, Tracy, and Gail running towards Dov and although Chris, Andy, and Tracy were smiling, Gail looked like she had a worried look on her face when she ran to him. I would assume that short clip has something to do with next week's episode which would be sweet if she shows general concern
Old 07-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Well we know Dov will be in a dangerous situation next week, so maybe we'll get to see Gail worried about him...

This thread needs some pretties.

And the hug!

Old 07-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Extreme Fan

So pretty!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yay!

I would post some goodies but I don't know how to.

Can someone tell me how please?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
Yay!

I would post some goodies but I don't know how to.

Can someone tell me how please?
Just copy the link of the picture/gif/etc. and paste it into the image bar which is at the top (fifth one from the end)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread