Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Dov & Gail (Rookie Blue)

Hey, this is a thread to support the relationship/friendship between officer Dov Epstein and officer Gail Peck. I don't know why but I find them more interesting than Gail and Chris. Plus, their bickering is always fun to watch. If you watched this week's episode "Dark Moon Rising" you'd have seen that nobody wanted to be Dov's partner and despite her dislike of him, Gail volunteerd to supervise Dov. Throughout the episode, Gail ticked Dov off by not letting him dive in and arrest people. However, in the end, Dov caught a criminal because of this instinct. At the end of the episode, Gail hugs Dov before giving him a smile and leaving. Also, the promo, for next week's episode, said something about everyone hooking up and not being with the person they're meant to be with and when the narrator said that, there was a clip with Dov and Gail. I don't know what this means.

This is to ship them as friends/enemies/love interests. Basically, anybody who enjoys the interaction between the two can come here
Old 07-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

BUMP!

Anyone?
Old 07-10-2011, 03:28 AM
New Fan

I'm right there with you! They were the two reasons I started watching this show because I remembered them from their Harriet the Spy days..such great chemistry and I can't wait to see how their relationship develops this season!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBear2012 (View Post)
I'm right there with you! They were the two reasons I started watching this show because I remembered them from their Harriet the Spy days..such great chemistry and I can't wait to see how their relationship develops this season!
Gail was from Harriet The Spy? I feel like an idiot for not recognizing her! Oh, wow! She was that mean girl who read Harriet's notebooks out loud

I think Dov would be more interesting than Chris. Chris is a complete doormat and he never objects or tries to argue with Gail. At least Dov actually bickers her with her and voices his opinion.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:55 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
Gail was from Harriet The Spy? I feel like an idiot for not recognizing her! Oh, wow! She was that mean girl who read Harriet's notebooks out loud

I think Dov would be more interesting than Chris. Chris is a complete doormat and he never objects or tries to argue with Gail. At least Dov actually bickers her with her and voices his opinion.
Haha, the only reason I recognized them was because I was pretty much in love with that movie when I was a kid. Even then they were pretty interesting to watch in a scene together as kids.

I am pretty biased because I've always liked Gregory Smith aka Dov and have always been a fan of bantering somewhat enemies who turn into friends then something more (Eh, kind of like Dawson's Creek). I'm so glad I finally found someone who thinks the same thing!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Loyal Fan

YAY! I love these two!

Thanks for the thread!
Old 07-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

We need a cool ship name!

Dov + Gail

Hmm....

Dail?

Gov?

Gaiv?

Doil?

Do you guys got any names for them?
Old 07-10-2011, 04:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
We need a cool ship name!

Dov + Gail

Hmm....

Dail?

Gov?

Gaiv?

Doil?

Do you guys got any names for them?
Yeah, I was thinking about that... well other than what they usually call them ("Peckstein").. I got nothin'
Old 07-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking about that... well other than what they usually call them ("Peckstein").. I got nothin'
I actually like Peckstein, it has a better ring to it than Dail or Gov.

I was on the Global (Canadian) website for Rookie Blue and I found these on the character bio's of Chris, Gail and Dov.

Quote:
This year, life attacks from all angles. Chris survived a difficult childhood and put it behind him, but that doesn’t mean it won’t rear its ugly head. Ethical choices will force him to decide what exactly “the right thing” means, and his good intentions will land him in hot water. Worst of all, his relationships with best friend, Dov, and girlfriend, Gail, will be tested like never before.

Clever, lively and cerebral, Dov still lives with his best friend and wingman Chris Diaz (Travis Milne). And when Gail Peck (Charlotte Sullivan), Chris’ girlfriend and Dov’s long-time enemy moves in with the boys, he can’t contain his animosity for her. But as he starts to see the world of policing through more mature eyes, he also starts to see those closest to him differently too – specifically Gail.

This year, the tension for Gail will be kicked up a notch. With her defence mechanisms firmly in place, Gail will face her mother’s presence in her workplace, her own changing relationships with her peers, unfair accusations and lingering questions about what she really wants out of the job.
It sounds like there will be a love triangle between the three. I think Dov and Gail might become friends and that will make Chris jealous. Or, Dov could realize that he has feelings for her and become jealous of their relationship. Or Gail might begin to rethink her relationships and feelings with Dov and Chris.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I actually like Peckstein, it has a better ring to it than Dail or Gov.

I was on the Global (Canadian) website for Rookie Blue and I found these on the character bio's of Chris, Gail and Dov.

It sounds like there will be a love triangle between the three. I think Dov and Gail might become friends and that will make Chris jealous. Or, Dov could realize that he has feelings for her and become jealous of their relationship. Or Gail might begin to rethink her relationships and feelings with Dov and Chris.
Wow.. now I can't wait until Thursday. :/ To be honest, I expected Dov and Gail to have a talk at the end of last episode but was completely caught off guard by the hug. Thoroughly enjoyed it, though. My cousin lives in Canada and watches the show too and said that the promo for next week was different than the one I saw (I live in California). She said that the voice over says something along the lines of people hooking up with who they weren't meant to hook up with and cutting to a clip of Dov and Gail. That's pretty interesting but I can't find an actual clip of it
Old 07-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Wow.. now I can't wait until Thursday. :/ To be honest, I expected Dov and Gail to have a talk at the end of last episode but was completely caught off guard by the hug. Thoroughly enjoyed it, though. My cousin lives in Canada and watches the show too and said that the promo for next week was different than the one I saw (I live in California). She said that the voice over says something along the lines of people hooking up with who they weren't meant to hook up with and cutting to a clip of Dov and Gail. That's pretty interesting but I can't find an actual clip of it
I found the Global promo on Youtube buts in terrible quality. You'll have to really squint to catch Dov and Gail. Did your American promo mention anything about them or show any clips of them?

YouTube - ‪Rookie Blue Season 2 Episode 4 Global Promo‬‏
Old 07-10-2011, 05:22 PM
New Fan

Thanks for that, irrespective of quality. The promo I saw was just about a lady running into a collapsing building and Andy running in after her.. nothing really about Dov and Gail. Have you seen this? At the end I was a little intrigued

YouTube - ‪Set Interviews for Rookie Blue Season 2 Courtesy of ET Canada‬‏
Old 07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks!

What did Dov say? All I caught was "From now on_________may the best man win."
Old 07-10-2011, 05:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Thanks!

What did Dov say? All I caught was "From now on_________may the best man win."
I think he said something like "from now on we both go for what we want. May the best man win." Hmm... I wonder what that's about. I kind of like how Gail says that they didn't do anything but there's a hint of something.. I don't know if I want them to just immediately jump into bed together on impulse as opposed to having there be subtle hints at their relationship throughout the season.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Adding this to the Board guide, thanks
My LJ
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top