Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Mike/Julie Growing Pains

A couple I shipped long before I knew what shipping even was.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-09-2020, 07:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Jaime/Brienne (GOT)

Narcisse/Lola (Reign)

ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 06-10-2020, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same as before.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 06-11-2020, 06:44 AM
Master Fan

Zach and Alex (13 Reasons Why) - It's okay. College spin off. They'll share a dorm and one thing will lead to another. Headcanons rule.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:24 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Riley/Buffy
Oz/Willow
Shawn/Angela
Jake/Olivia
Brett/KC
Old 06-11-2020, 07:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Falconer and Teddy from Sisters. Clooney left to do ER, and they killed him off. I never really liked him in anything else after Sisters.

Cooper and Audrey from Twin Peaks should've had a chance.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Anyone ever stopped shipping a couple because one of the actors said / done something gross or stupid?

I know we should not let the real world mess with our favourite fictional worlds but sometimes the real life actor / actress just screws up so badly that you cannot watch a movie or a tv show the same way and you kinda are grossed out about the relationship now?

Or is it just me?
Old 06-12-2020, 02:07 AM
Master Fan

Me! Can't look at them the same way. Their face is the character's face. Doesn't sit right at all. Additionally since acting is their career. It feels like I'm furthering and a promoting a person I shouldn't. JMO.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.

Last edited by SuitUp; 06-12-2020 at 07:07 AM
Old 06-12-2020, 07:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Me! Can't look at them the same way. Their face is the character's face. Doesn't sit right at all. Additionally since acting is their career. It feels like I'm furthering and a promoting a person I shouldn't. JMO.
i'm kind of on the fence with Buddie ngl. like i still love them but the things Ryan said really dont sit well with me. At the same time, if Aisha, Rockmond and Angela can forgive him then I can too. But yeah, I feel you. Lea Michele also really disappointed me and I cant watch Glee anymore because of her.

Also That 70s Show is another one for me. When the allegations against Danny Masterson happened I havent been able to watch the show at all. And it used to be one of my favorites.

And Harry Potter with JK Rowling. It sucks because I still love Harry, Ron, and Hermione but I cannot condone the things that JK Rowling has said or done and she DID write the books no matter how much you want to excuse your love for them.

AND BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER WITH JOSS WHEDON. I love BTVS, but Joss is so fcking gross.

Yeah those are just some examples of media that has disappointed me because of its creators.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 06-12-2020, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Yeah - I didn't wanna say it but that's my stance on Buddie right now.

So many shows I've binged and never known anything about the cast aside from their blooper reel but this was right in my face. I'm not able to look at Ryan the same way.

I believe people can make mistakes but watching it unfold. The live, his cast having to condemn his behaviour and the half assed apology tour. Lacked true contrition.

So I'm a disappointed Buck and Eddie shipper.

Gosh. So many layers. I didn't even think about the creators. I never got into Harry Potter but fans must be devastated.

Ugghhhh Joss Whedon.
Philanthropist.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

^Yeah I'm so disappointed. I've been a Harry Potter fan since I was 11 years old (I'm now 33) so thats 22 long ass years.

Creators are the worst for me because like......how can you keep on letting someone keep creating? Like Joss Whedon and Dan Schneider on Nickelodeon who is also super gross.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 06-12-2020, 11:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Good. I'm so happy that I'm not the only one.

Maybe we should start a thread for disappointed or disillusioned fans?

(only 60% joking. It will probably devolve into a flame war).
Old 06-14-2020, 10:07 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Riley/Buffy
Oh, hey! I always thought I was alone in the world.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:13 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Glad to see another Riley/Buffy fan lol. You would of known if you ever visited the Buffy or SMG board but yeah, was pretty much alone but at least people are nicer about them here than they used to be. Still love Riley/Buffy, they were a sweet couple and Riley was a great boyfriend to Buffy. I'm glad he gave her a nice, normal relationship. It's what she needed. The hate for Riley will always be ridamndiculous.
Old 06-14-2020, 10:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Haley/Andy