Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
^ I agree. It seemed like a lazy decision to make it a permanent death by coming up with that lost souls thing. It felt like a lazy writing. And definitely didn't fit the epicness of Xena story, not after everything she went through she will be killed like that. I even find her death on a cross much more well done.
That whole "lost souls" storyline wasn't a very good one. They lacked so much on the end of the show..
Xena has been in worse situations.. I mean heck, she's died so many times and has surpassed that. She came back after those times. There HAS to be something somewhere that lets her come back. Maybe ... Ares comes in and he helps bring her back? That could be a possibility.

Which brings me to ...

Xena/Ares

(as usual) One of the many tragic ending couples that I love.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 02-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen C (View Post)
Me/seeing mostly all my fave female characters die
I feel your pain. I've had a few pairings where one died. Mostly though it is the male that has lost there life. My biggest one is Charlie and Claire

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 02-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Graphics Team

^ Well for some people most of their male characters die.. but for me it's the female characters that die more often.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Damon/Elena Writers screwed it up big time in season 3. Even season 2. I just cannot buy Elena's feelings. If Stefan had never left Mystic Falls, I honestly think Elena would never have fallen for Damon. Shame. Loved them in season 1. But they were drawn out too long without much progression from Elena's side.

Dawson/Joey Loved them in season 1. Wasn't feeling it in season 2 and beyond.

Betty/Henry It's okay though because they were second to Daniel/Betty for me.

Spencer/Wren So much chemistry and I feel like he really understood her. But then Julian got another project so Toby came into the picture and now I'm pretty sure S/T is endgame but agh I wish SW had a fair shot. I love them.

Stefan/Katherine WASTED POTENTIAL.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beecher/Keller.
Phoebe/Cole.
Brooke/Lucas.
Peyton/Jake.
Nate/Serena.
Dawson/Jen.

I have no luck with ships
Old 02-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride the lightning (View Post)
Beecher/Keller.
Phoebe/Cole.
Brooke/Lucas.
Peyton/Jake.
Nate/Serena.
Dawson/Jen.

I have no luck with ships
Aww, bb! At least we have Jate. And all hope is not lost for NS! (...so I tell myself.)
Old 02-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Graphics Team

I used to ship Nate/Serena. But I kinda lost interest after s3 because of the way they were handled. And now I wouldn't mind them getting back together, but it's not my priority anymore. Hmpf!

Sawyer/Kate
Xander/Cordy
Angel/Cordy
Old 02-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I shipped Nate/Serena Season 1.

Cander are what got me into Buffy. I was flipping the TV one night and they were fighting. I liked the chemistry. Then Xander cheated on her and well as the show went on I started to hate him.

Cangel

They were perfect for each other. So much wasted potential and then she had to die.

I'm So disappointed in Damon/Elena and TVD in general.

When I watched my Season 1 DVD I thought they were gonna become one of my all time fave couples. Then Season 2 happened and it was downhill from then on. I can't believe that Elena likes Damon just the way he is. I can't believe she can just forgive him like he has done nothing to hurt her or the people she loved. It baffles me that she could even want to be his friend when he doesn't even seem sorry for anything he has done.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Graphics Team

^ That's the reason why I was disappointed. Especially since it was for nothing. He didn't love Williow and it still destroyed their relationship, so they ruined them and his character for NOTHING. I loved their fighting. And they were the only Buffy ship I could ever get into. I didn't really care for either Buffy/Angel or Buffy/Spike. I know that makes me a weirdo.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That whole "lost souls" storyline wasn't a very good one. They lacked so much on the end of the show..
Xena has been in worse situations.. I mean heck, she's died so many times and has surpassed that. She came back after those times. There HAS to be something somewhere that lets her come back. Maybe ... Ares comes in and he helps bring her back? That could be a possibility.

Which brings me to ...

Xena/Ares

(as usual) One of the many tragic ending couples that I love.
I knew that Xena had to probably die at one point or another and honestly I wasn't even opposed to that if handled right, but that particular storyline seemed so lame, unconvincing and just didn't do the justice to that amazing heroine.

Xena/Ares is so much wasted potential.

I agree about Damon/Elena. They had all the potential in the world, yet the writing of the show became so bad that they went downhill and were never restored. Writers made it clear that Damon is her second choice, he only got a chance with Elena when Stefan was out of the picture, which is pathetic by default. She will never love him the way she loves Stefan, he knows it and yet he still tries to hit on her even though he knows and admits to know that by doing so he betrays his brother. I just cannot take this show and this triangle seriously anymore.

As for Angel/Cordy, I came to a conclusion that it was the writing of later seasons of ATS that made them impossible to develop into something more and while now I grew to appreciate their connection I'm still sad they were not handled better and didn't get a proper chance. I hate that doyle who died for her and Angel wasn't mentioned at all, though he was Angel's first real friend, and then this Cordy/Connor awful thing happened and the whole storyline was ruined. I really wish CA had gotten a real chance and the writing of ATS had been better.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I knew that Xena had to probably die at one point or another and honestly I wasn't even opposed to that if handled right, but that particular storyline seemed so lame, unconvincing and just didn't do the justice to that amazing heroine.

Xena/Ares is so much wasted potential.
I am not happy about her death. I would have NEVER been happy and I will never be happy about it. Not even if it was a different storyline. Because in my opnion, there is no point in her dying. I'm sure she could do more good alive than she can do when she's dead.

And I agree about X/A. They had alot going for them, but they abandoned the storyline on that.

Quote:
As for Angel/Cordy, I came to a conclusion that it was the writing of later seasons of ATS that made them impossible to develop into something more and while now I grew to appreciate their connection I'm still sad they were not handled better and didn't get a proper chance. I hate that doyle who died for her and Angel wasn't mentioned at all, though he was Angel's first real friend, and then this Cordy/Connor awful thing happened and the whole storyline was ruined. I really wish CA had gotten a real chance and the writing of ATS had been better.
Uh, the only time Doyle was mentioned was in the last ep Cordy was in. But I do not like that he wasn't mentioned more often.
C/A had alot of stuff going for them. They could have moved on further with their relationship and possibly been endgame if she wouldn't of died.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am not happy about her death. I would have NEVER been happy and I will never be happy about it. Not even if it was a different storyline. Because in my opnion, there is no point in her dying. I'm sure she could do more good alive than she can do when she's dead.

And I agree about X/A. They had alot going for them, but they abandoned the storyline on that.

Uh, the only time Doyle was mentioned was in the last ep Cordy was in. But I do not like that he wasn't mentioned more often.
C/A had alot of stuff going for them. They could have moved on further with their relationship and possibly been endgame if she wouldn't of died.
The thing is, Xena already had a heroic death that was played out so well, that made so much sense for the story and that made her sort of come to a new level, including her coming back from dead. So another death simmply didn't fit. It just made the world lose a hero and Gabrielle randomly started using chackram as if she could ever replace Xena and have her skills, though it was the biggest WTF, since the whole story was based on how Gabrielle will never be like Xena when it comes to physical strength and that her strength lies in different things. Few episodes that made such a little sense definitely didn't do the justice to the story.

Yeah, Doyle was mentioned that time, but he should have been mentioned way more often imo. And I wish later seasons had a better writing. Cordy dying was so pointless, it was only done because CC couldn't be on the show anymore because of her baby, or at least that it the rumor that I heared.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Roseanne ending/life I love roseanne but hated how it was suppose to be Mark and Darlene and David and Becky. I was like WHAT.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 02-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
The thing is, Xena already had a heroic death that was played out so well, that made so much sense for the story and that made her sort of come to a new level, including her coming back from dead. So another death simmply didn't fit. It just made the world lose a hero and Gabrielle randomly started using chackram as if she could ever replace Xena and have her skills, though it was the biggest WTF, since the whole story was based on how Gabrielle will never be like Xena when it comes to physical strength and that her strength lies in different things. Few episodes that made such a little sense definitely didn't do the justice to the story.
Well others have their opinions, but no matter what the storyline is or would have been, I will never like any kind of death for Xena. The point was of 2 heroes (Hercules & Xena) in 2 different places.. so without Xena there will only be 1 and that would be quite tough. Plus to me it doesn't make sense to kill of the main character anyways.. don't people usually watch shows because of the main character(s)? Anywho.. I do agree that Gabrielle taking Xena's place and trying to become like her was ridiculous. Gabrielle with Xena's chakram .. WTF? That was a bad idea. I don't think Gabrielle could EVER replace Xena. She was way more skilled and trained.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueschild007 (View Post)
Roseanne ending/life I love roseanne but hated how it was suppose to be Mark and Darlene and David and Becky. I was like WHAT.
lol I agree there Julie
My LJ
Closed Thread   Post New Thread