Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spuffy

My LJ
Old 02-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19 (View Post)
More or less. I do think this sets a new record- I don't think I ever had a ship be both praised and discarded by the same writers and actors in one week
Old 02-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Addicted Fan

This title! PLL quote!

Chuck/Jenny.
Ford/Jessica.

I will never NOT be depressed about these.

Sam/Santana.
Mike/Brittany.

So much potential, just thrown away for the more popular couples. Just like every show does.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereile (View Post)
Jeremy/Tyler Best chemistry ever, surpassing Klefan. But no, obviously no homoerotic subtext or text allowed. Thank you Julie.

Harry/Luna They fit, they are awesome, they make sense, but he got stuck with Mary Sue. Oh well Rowling and romance shouldn't be in one sentence anyway.
Definitely Tyler/Jeremy could have been one of the best TVD ships. I'm not the biggest fan of Tyler as individual character, but I think he is at his best when he is around Jeremy. His true personality comes out and he is not just being a shirtless and bad boy-ish Caroline's love interest. He is being a rather layered, artistic and complex person, his potential comes out. Him and Jeremy only shared few interactions but each of them was meaningful and did something to either character. It is such a shame that writers will never acknowledge the potential they have and keep writing Tyler as a one dementional lover boy.

Harry/Luna will forever be one of the biggest disappointments of mine. I didn't even expect or want them to be an actual romance, I was perfectly fine with them sharing this deep and unique connection that developed so fast and shined so bright despite the fact that Luna only appeared in the 5th book of the series. Every single scene they shared meant something, brought something to the story, made Harry realize something or feel something. Even when his closest friends couldn't understand him or make him feel better, deal with his pain and sadness, there was Luna and few words from her were enough to maybe not take his pain away, but make him see the way, the light in the end of the tunnel, realize that nothing is over untill it's really over and that there is always hope. I was perfectly fine with them sharing such scenes as her comforting him after Sirius' death or her finding him at his worst and reminding him that they are still fighting and preventing his "suicide" when he decided to not fight again, or recognizing him just by his expression when he didn't even look like himself and had an appearence of a fat red haired "Barney". But instead of leaving their relationship on a beautiful note and hope for the future with the last simple but meangful interaction they shared ("I would like some peace and quite if I were you" - "I'd love some"), we get the ridiculous Epiloge stating that Harry actually made it through 19 years with his high school girlfriend/number one fangirl whom he openly ignored in the last chapter despite the death of her brother and went to his room to have a sandwich. So yeah, JKR is awesome but some of her romances... are not that awesome.

Btw, sorry for this long Harry/Luna post, I become completely pathetic and fangirly when it comes to them

Quote:
Modern TV shows/Life
Definitely. This year I've given up on more tv shows than I did during my whole life. Idk if it's me getting old or television getting extremely bad

icon: swanspirate@tumblr

Last edited by mary ksand; 02-16-2012 at 05:29 AM
Old 02-16-2012, 04:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Definitely Tyler/Jeremy could have been one of the best TVD ships. I'm not the biggest fan of Tyler as individual character, but I think he is at his best when he is around Jeremy. His true personality comes out and he is not just being a shirtless and bad boy-ish Caroline's love interest. He is being a rather layered, artistic and complex person, his potential comes out. Him and Jeremy only shared few interactions but each of them was meaningful and did something to either character. It is such a shame that writers will never acknowledge the potential they have and keep writing Tyler as a one dementional lover boy.

Harry/Luna will forever be one of the biggest disappointments of mine. I didn't even expect or want them to be an actual romance, I was perfectly fine with them sharing this deep and unique connection that developed so fast and shined so bright despite the fact that Luna only appeared in the 5th book of the series. Every single scene they shared meant something, brought something to the story, made Harry realize something or feel something. Even when his closest friends couldn't understand him or make him feel better, deal with his pain and sadness, there was Luna and few words from her were enough to maybe not take his pain away, but make him see the way, the light in the end of the tunnel, realize that nothing is over untill it's really over and that there is always hope. I was perfectly fine with them sharing such scenes as her comforting him after Sirius' death or her finding him at his worst and reminding him that they are still fighting and preventing his "suicide" when he decided to not fight again, or recognizing him just by his expression when he didn't even look like himself and had an appearence of a fan red haired "Barney". But instead of leaving their relationship on a beautiful note and hope for the future with the last simple but meangful interaction they shared ("I would like some peace and quite if I were you" - "I'd love some"), we get the ridiculous Epiloge stating that Harry actually made it through 19 years with his high school girlfriend/number one fangirl whom he openly ignored in the last chapter despite the death of her brother and went to his room to have a sandwish. So yeah, JKR is awesome but some of her romances... are not that awesome.

Btw, sorry for this long Harry/Luna post, I become completely pathetic and fangirly when it comes to them

Definitely. This year I've given up on more tv shows than I did during my whole life. Idk if it's me getting old or television getting extremely bad
All of this.

TV shows/writing Maybe I missed something but it seems to me like this season every show wants to win the competition of "worst writing of the year" or something like that. Basically all CW shows are trying to take this one home

So far I only enjoyed BBC's Sherlock, because every other show I watched was pathetic compared to that.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereile (View Post)
All of this.

TV shows/writing Maybe I missed something but it seems to me like this season every show wants to win the competition of "worst writing of the year" or something like that. Basically all CW shows are trying to take this one home

So far I only enjoyed BBC's Sherlock, because every other show I watched was pathetic compared to that.
I swear there was no year when I would be more disappointed with tv shows than I am now. They really seem to have a competition: who fails more? Who writes a more ridiculous "edgy" twist that ruins the show beyond repair? Who manages to make characters' motivations more unclear? Who manages to mess up character development more? Yeah, television is truly what mayans were talking about regarding 2012.

My biggest tv disappoiuntment is however, not a CW show, but...

Skins/Life I never head bigger expectations regarding a tv show and ended up THAT disappointed. I never quite buy all the hype surrounding modern shows and try to be realistic but after Skins writers themselves marketed their show as something truly unique and almost phenomenal and comletely original I expected to see something more there other than few insulting cliches (such as being a teen virgin means being "useless"), mindless and ridiculous "edgy" twists, lazy character development and Harry Potter & Shakespear references. Not to mention that the overall outlook on life that Skins writers have is basically a polar opposite to mine and few characters that I found actually likeable, believable and intriguing were mistreated in every single possible way in order to prop writers' favourites. For this show it's a norm to justify bastardy, bitchy-ness and violent, abusive behaviour as long as you either have daddy issues or whine enough to make your suffering "epic". That's why such characters are given passes for everything and all the harmful and disturbing actions whereas other far more decent characters that face just as much drama, heartbreaks and way more serious family issues are either being ruined for the sake of some "shocking" storylines or ignored completely & due horrible deaths. Add to this how this show claims to be on the side of young people yet, not able to handle serious issues on their show in a respectful manner, they label a depression victim as "doomed" and claim that some people deserve to die because they don't have an ability to beat the hell out of someone (or don't have a "do whatever you want as long as daddy didn't love you and as long as you keep your image of a super bitch/bad ass updated" card while other far more decent characters will have to pay the full price for their mistakes) which apparently makes them "weak". To claim that this show produced something meaningful and to then bitch at fans for pointing at their insanely ridiculous storylines done for shock value, the ones that ruin all the logic of their story, and claim that those fans who dare to criticise it just have "no sense of what of subtlety" and need to "bugger off" (direct quotes from one of the creators), is completely uncalled for and turn this show into even more unpleasent experience. At least for me it was one of my most unpleasent experiences ever.

I wonder how it is possible to have an OTP on a show that insults me as a woman and a human being all together?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oz/Willow
My LJ
Old 02-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Graphics Team

Me/seeing mostly all my fave female characters die

+

Xena/Ares
Lucretia/Gaia
Sam/Jack
Cordelia/Angel
Wesley/Lilah
Xander/Anya
Jenny/Giles
Catherine/Vincent
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 02-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Luke/Noah
Aaron/Jackson
Jacob/Bella
Tyler/Jeremy

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN ALL OF THESE. Here have a gif of Aaron crying to see how disappoonted I am in them exactly:

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

^ That gif represents how I feel about Tyler/Jeremy as well So much wasted potential of both this pairing and Tyler. Now when Jeremy is out of the picture there is no hope to get any scenes with them and Tyler will come back to being a one dementional shirtless love interest for Caroline

Quote:
Me/seeing mostly all my fave female characters die
Aww, Jacquelyn I know how it feels because I have almost the exact same situation with my male characters. Alost all of the male characters I loved had tragic endings whereas writers tend to give the ones I dislike happy ones. I guess I pick the wrong guys

Old 02-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Total Fan

Glee/Writing - this was a show which had so much potential. The first half of season one was perfect with so much potential for awesome couples ie Puck/Rachel. Then the came back for the back nine and I didn't think it was half as good. Not sure what happened. Don't watch anymore,

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Aww, Jacquelyn I know how it feels because I have almost the exact same situation with my male characters. Alost all of the male characters I loved had tragic endings whereas writers tend to give the ones I dislike happy ones. I guess I pick the wrong guys
It's basically..

Xena/Life (XWP)
Evelyn/Life (Burn Notice)
Gaia/Life (Spartacus)
Anya Jenkins/Life (BTVS)
Jenny Calender/Life (BTVS)
Cordelia Chase/Life (ATS)
Lilah Morgan/Life (ATS)
Ana Lucia Cortez/Life (Lost)
Catherine Chandler/Life (Beauty & the Beast)
Anna/Life (TVD)
Bellatrix Lestrange/Life (Harry Potter)

and... these 3 were considered "dead" but we never really saw a death scene.
D'Anna Biers/Life (Battlestar Galactica)
Shannon McMahon/Life (The X-Files)
Letty Ortiz/Life (Fast & Furious)

There's more.. I just don't wanna list them all.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 02-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbroccs (View Post)
Glee/Writing - this was a show which had so much potential. The first half of season one was perfect with so much potential for awesome couples ie Puck/Rachel. Then the came back for the back nine and I didn't think it was half as good. Not sure what happened. Don't watch anymore,
Same I filter in and out. Glee really is a huge disappointment for me. It was so original and now it is one cliche after another. I really liked Puck and Rachel but the writing has been shocking. They used to emphasis how different they were now you know whats coming from a mile away
Old 02-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ethan/Emma Cheating is a deal breaker for me. Ethan is an idiot and Emma deserves way better.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
^ That gif represents how I feel about Tyler/Jeremy as well So much wasted potential of both this pairing and Tyler. Now when Jeremy is out of the picture there is no hope to get any scenes with them and Tyler will come back to being a one dementional shirtless love interest for Caroline
Spoiler:

Quote:
Charlie Pace, Chris Miles, Freddie McLair, Grace Blood... You know I feel your pain. And they were all part of my OTPs.

I always seem to hate the characters the show runners love the most, and to adore the ones they barely care about and use for shock twists. What's wrong with me?

LightSoViolent ϟ

Last edited by Carolina95; 02-17-2012 at 05:49 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread