Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Disappointed Shippers #1: Rant and rave over sinking ships!

Given the large number of relationships that have sunk over the course of the past season and the number of fans that have been upset or devastated, this is a thread to express your anger/your regret/what ifs with your favorite couple and share stories and sympathy with other "shippers" who have been disappointed as well. No attacking in this thread. Just think of it as a "rant" thread, and also a place to sympathize.

Some of the ships to pay tribute to:

Rory/Logan
Charlie/Claire
Veronica/Logan
Ray/Neela

and a whole bunch of others...

Enjoy the thread and try to figure out what the writers were THINKING...
Old 05-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Gah, good idea for a thread! It feels like every single couple I ship is destined NOT to end up together. I was totally holding out hope for LV because I know had VM been able to get a proper ending, they would have ended up together. But thats not the case and its just plain unfair
Old 05-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was a little dissapointed about the Jack/Liz thing in Pirates 3.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocative (View Post)
Gah, good idea for a thread! It feels like every single couple I ship is destined NOT to end up together. I was totally holding out hope for LV because I know had VM been able to get a proper ending, they would have ended up together. But thats not the case and its just plain unfair

Exactly! I feel the same way...ALL my ships, I think, have sunk. I am feeling really sorry though for the Logan/Veronica shippers. Although I don't watch the show, that was not a way to end it...but it did seem slightly open to hope.

I feel also pretty terrible about the fate of my latest ship Ray/Neela. Due to some crappy contract negotiations (you think ER would try to keep their series regulars given their declining ratings and horrific John Stamos), Ray now is legless and in Baton Rouge. Knowing the damn writers, Neela probably won't remember who he is next season. Aargh! And it was a really popular ship too IMO (a lot of the people that ship them were in the target demographic) ...I just don't understand why the contract wasn't renewed for another lousy season.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanna_o75 (View Post)
I was a little dissapointed about the Jack/Liz thing in Pirates 3.
Amen, sanna.

A little disappointing doesn't even begin to describe it.

I'm getting used to it though. When you pick the edgier, usually sexier, ship, it seems to always be doomed.

But that's what fanfic is for I guess
Old 05-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Pacey/Andie - Kevin Williamson left DC and the new producer had Andie cheat off screen, completely OOC just so he could pair Pacey with Joey.

Joey/Rachel (Friends) complete bs how they were unable to have sex. They had way more chemistry than R/R did and were much better suited for each other.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wished Scorpius/Sikozu would had ended better in Farscape. Her a spy...pf!
Old 05-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Logan & Veronica

Max and chelsea
Old 05-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lex and Lana. Lana cheated with Clark on the day of the wedding
Old 05-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Jack/Elizabeth.
So did DMC never happen? Did I dream it? Like seriously?!? You're not even going to give JE one scene where they talk about everything that happened?! Seriously?!
Old 05-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Passionate Fan

1) I'm still mad that Dawson & Joey didn't get their happy ending. I know there are more P/J shippers out there, but I always shipped D/J and that's never going to change.

2) I'll never understand why the writers of 24 killed Tony and Michelle off. They were one of the best couples ever and deserved happiness. But on 24 there is always trouble and unhappiness and that's very depressing.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

Brooke and Lucas
Clark and Lana
•icon by: deep within me
Old 05-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Jack and Elizabeth [PotC]
Lex and Lana [Smallville]

i am beyond pissed.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

seriously where do I begin?
Jack and Elizabeth Pirates of the carribean
Nick and Sara CSI
Catherine and Grissom CSI
Alex and Izzie Greys anatomy
Joey and Rachel FRIENDS
Old 05-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharstarz07 (View Post)
Exactly! I feel the same way...ALL my ships, I think, have sunk. I am feeling really sorry though for the Logan/Veronica shippers. Although I don't watch the show, that was not a way to end it...but it did seem slightly open to hope.

I feel also pretty terrible about the fate of my latest ship Ray/Neela. Due to some crappy contract negotiations (you think ER would try to keep their series regulars given their declining ratings and horrific John Stamos), Ray now is legless and in Baton Rouge. Knowing the damn writers, Neela probably won't remember who he is next season. Aargh! And it was a really popular ship too IMO (a lot of the people that ship them were in the target demographic) ...I just don't understand why the contract wasn't renewed for another lousy season.
ugh, ray/neela are the ONLY thing good on ER at the moment, IMO. They're the only reason I watch and if they weren't on then... well, I wouldn't watch.

charlie/claire (lost) - WHY?
rory/jess (gilmore girls) - sad, pathetic shipper that I am, I held out hope till the very end. Lit had SUCH a huge fanbase and they were a great couple but they didn't get the ending they deserved.
phoebe/cole (charmed) - I'm still so bitter that they didn't end up together. Coop being her soulmate? Total farce. It was ALWAYS cole.
dawson/joey and pacey/andie - yeah, I hated the way DC ended. It was all just, really, really bad.
claire/zach (heroes) - We never even had a fighting chance
jackie/hyde (T7S) - I know eric/donna were supposed to be THE couple of that show but there was no way their fanbase was as big as the JH one. It was so stupid to have them not end up together because there are a whole load of angry, bitter fans.

yeah, I have a whole load of resentment