Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Dexter ღ Emma ♥ One Day

Plot Summary
It's 1988 and Dexter Mayhew and Emma Morley have only just met. They both know that the next day, after college graduation, they must go their separate ways. But after only one day together, they cannot stop thinking about one another. As the years go by, Dex and Em begin to lead separate lives-lives very different from the people they once dreamed they'd become. And yet, unable to let go of that special something that grabbed onto them that first night, an extraordinary relationship develops between the two. Over twenty years, snapshots of that relationship are revealed on the same day- July 15th-of each year. Dex and Em face squabbles and fights, hopes and missed opportunities, laughter and tears. And as the true meaning of this one crucial day is revealed, they must come to grips with the nature of love and life itself.

One Day Two People - Home
David Nicholls - One Day

ღ ღ ღ

Quotes

♥ ♥ ♥
‘This is me.’ He handed her the precious scrap of paper. ‘Call me or I’ll call you, but one of us will call, yes? What I mean is it’s not a competition. You don’t lose if you phone first.’ - Dex to Em
♥ ♥ ♥
"You’re gorgeous, you old hag, and if I could give you just one gift ever for the rest of your life it would be this. Confidence. It would be the gift of confidence. Either that or a scented candle." — Dexter’s letter to Emma
♥ ♥ ♥
"Just the whole of our lives, stretching ahead of us.
Independent adult life.
She didn’t feel like an adult. She was in no way prepared. It was as if a fire alarm had gone off in the middle of the night and she was standing on the street with her clothes bundled up in her arms.
The trick of it, she told herself, is to be courageous and bold and make a difference. Not change the world exactly, just the bit around you."

♥ ♥ ♥
"What are you going to do with your life?” In one way or another it seemed that people had been asking her this forever; teachers, her parents, friends at three in the morning, but the question had never seemed this pressing and still she was no nearer an answer… “Live each day as if it’s your last’, that was the conventional advice, but really, who had the energy for that? What if it rained or you felt a bit glandy? It just wasn’t practical. Better by far to be good and courageous and bold and to make difference. Not change the world exactly, but the bit around you. Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately and fully and well. Experience new things. Love and be loved, if you ever get the chance."
♥ ♥ ♥
Dexter: ‘I take it that’s a no then,’
he said eventually, pinching the sea-water from his nose.
Emma: ‘I think so. I think our moment passed some time ago.’
Dexter: ‘Oh. Really. Are you sure? Because I think we’d feel much better if we got it out of the way.’
Emma: ‘Got it out of the way?’
Dexter: ‘I just think we’d feel closer. As friends.’
Emma: ‘You’re worried that not sleeping together could spoil our friendship?’
Dexter: ‘I’m not expressing myself very well—’
Emma: ‘Dexter, I understand you perfectly, that’s the problem—’
Dexter: ‘If you’re scared of Ingrid—’
Emma: ‘I’m not scared of her, I’m just not going to do it so that we can say that we’ve done it. And I’m not going to do it if the first thing you say afterwards is “please don’t tell anyone” or “let’s forget it ever happened”.If you have to keep something secret it’s because you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place!’
♥ ♥ ♥
“Dexter, I love you so much. So, so much, and I probably always will. I just don’t like you anymore. I’m sorry.” — Emma Morley
♥ ♥ ♥
Emma: ‘I tell you what it is. It’s…. when I didn’t see you, I thought about you every day, I mean every day in some way or another….’
Dexter: ‘Same here….’
Emma: ‘—- even if it was just “I wish Dexter could see this” or “where’s Dexter now?” or “Christ, that Dexter, what an idiot”, you know what I mean, and seeing you today, well, I thought I’d got you back - my best friend. And now all this, the wedding, the baby - I’m so, so happy for you Dex. But it feels like I’ve lost you again’
♥ ♥ ♥
And then she frowned, and shook her head, then put her arms around him once more, pressing her face into his shoulder, making a noise that sounded almost like rage.
‘What’s up?’ he asked.
‘Nothing. Oh, nothing. Just…’ She looked up at him. ‘I thought I’d finally got rid of you.’
‘I don’t think you can.’ he said.

♥ ♥ ♥
"I mean it, if you lead me on or let me down or go behind my back, I will murder you. I swear to God, I will eat your heart."
♥ ♥ ♥
“He wanted to live life in such a way that if a photograph were taken at random, it would be a cool photograph.”
♥ ♥ ♥
‘Do you miss her?’
‘Who? Emma? Of course. Every day. She was my best friend.’
He nudges her with his elbow. ‘Why, do you?’
Jasmine frowns as she recalls. ‘I think so. I was only four, I don’t remember her that well, only when I look at pictures. I remember the wedding. She was nice though, wasn’t she?’
‘Very nice.’
‘So who’s your best friend now?’
He places a hand on the back of his daughter’s neck, fitting his thumb into the hollow there.
‘You of course.’

♥ ♥ ♥

ღ ღ ღ

Woman to Man: Our Exclusive Interview with Author David Nicholls
One Day | Books | EW.com
Books of The Times - They Meet. They Part. They ... What? Again?
Book Review: One Day by David Nicholls
Review: One Day by David Nicholls | Books | The Guardian

ღ ღ ღ

One Day (2011)
A romantic comedy centered on Dexter and Emma, who first meet during their graduation in 1988 and proceed to reunite one day each year for the next 20 years.

One Day Movie Official Site
One Day Movie Official Facebook Page

ღ ღ ღ

ღ ღ ღ

Cast
Anne Hathaway ♥ Emma Morley
Jim Sturgess ♥ Dexter Mayhew

ღ ღ ღ

Lovers
♥ Gio Gio
♥ Let The Ball Drop
♥ Rockin Robyn
♥ ShineSoBright23
♥ ConnieB04
♥ pinkmartinisympathiquexx
♥ P&B4ever
♥ jean-grey
♥ SkateGirl88
♥ forblueskiesxx
♥ yuzzz66

ღ ღ ღ

Set pics

Anne Hathaway seen filming ''One Day'' in London, Jul 22, 2010
Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess on the Set Of "One Day" in Edinburgh, UK, Aug 1, 2010
Anne Hathaway films a scene for her new movie One Day on the famous landmark hill Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh
Anne Hathaway gets run over on the set in London, Aug 22, 2010
Anne Hathaway spotted on the set of ‘One Day’ in London, Aug 23, 2010
Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess on the “One Day” set in Paris, Aug 28, 2010
Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess on the “One Day” set in Paris, Aug 31, 2010
Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess Film 'One Day' - Paris, Sep 1, 2010
Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess Film 'One Day' - Quai Saint Martin, Paris, Sep 1, 2010 Clip 1 2
Anne Hathaway spotted on the Set of "One Day" in London, Mar 9

ღ ღ ღ

"The Edinburgh climb that Dexter and Emma take after their very first night together will wind up as a picture-postcard image of the two of them that lasts forever." - nytimes.com

ღ ღ ღ

Official Stills

'One Day' first look: Into each romance a little rain must fall - USATODAY.com

One Day director Lone Scherfig wraps filming of David Nicholls' novel | Film | The Guardian

New Look at Scherfig's 'One Day'

Stills - 2

Last edited by Gio Gio; 05-27-2011 at 09:32 AM
Old 08-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

Anne Hathaway Gets Run Over on the Set Big spoiler (if you haven't read the book)

Quote:

The hot book of the summer, “One Day” is the captivating story of Emma and Dexter, who meet on the day of their college graduation and start a relationship that goes from lovers to friends and everything in between over the course of twenty years. The story picks up on July 15 of each year, and is so emotional, funny, smart and well-written, you will not be able to put it down. After Lois finished reading it — in almost “one day” — she immediately got in touch with author David Nicholls to talk about her new favorite book.

First, I have to tell you that I truly loved this book and felt a rare and profound connection to it. I read it in two days in Las Vegas, sending my husband off to play blackjack so I could keep reading. I literally couldn’t put the book down — which seems to be the consensus of everyone who’s read it. Why do you think readers are reacting so strongly to the story?

Well, that’s extremely kind of you. I sincerely hope your husband won at blackjack.

As to the appeal, well I think the structure helps – it means the reader is always actively filling in the gaps between the years, which is quite a potent hook. I also wanted to write a big emotional story — lots of humor, but lots of drama and sadness too — and I think that’s quite a rare find in fiction.

And, at the risk of sounding pompous or pretentious, I wanted to write a book that had the same emotional affect as a great pop song – it’s “God Only Knows” or “I Say a Little Prayer” for me. That bittersweet feeling – joy and sadness mixed. Does that sound pretentious? Too late now.

I was so attached to Emma and Dex, I felt like I really knew them and was personally invesd in their happiness. How did you make them so real? Are they based on people in your own life?

It’s certainly not an autobiographical book, though there’s a degree of personal experience in there, both my own and that of friends. A lot of my male friends had quite a wild, hedonistic time in London in the Nineties, and that’s gone into Dexter’s character. Sadly I had a much more Emma-ish time – terrible jobs, a lot of anxiety and self-pity and staying in – and some of that went into her character. Unfortunately I lack Emma’s integrity and wit, and there’s no single, real-life Em. She’s an amalgam – of me, of my female friends, of characters from fiction and film. Elizabeth Bennett, Annie Hall, Shirley Maclaine in “The Apartment,” Beatrice, Katharine Hepburn…

Why did you decide to use July 15, St. Swithin’s Day, as the one day?

St Swithin’s Day is sort of our Groundhog Day– if it rains on St Swithins Day, it will be a wet summer — though it goes largely unnoticed in the UK. I chose it because it is both an unremarkable day, but also a date that the characters can notice and remark upon when the story requires them to. I like the poetry of it – notions of fate and predicting the future. Also, it corresponds to graduation day, which always seems like quite a significant moment in one’s life.

But the main reason was a fine, sad Billy Bragg song called “St Swithin’s Day” – track it down – which is about a lost friendship. Lyrically, musically, it was the perfect match.

I found the relationship between Dexter and his mom very moving. Why was it important to you to include a bond like that?

Dexter’s such a flawed character – vain, selfish, not necessarily all that bright. I thought it was important to have a character who could see through all that to the decent man within – a sort of moral touchstone, someone who could speak entirely frankly to him. I also wanted to establish where all that confidence and charm came from. I love Alison Mayhew – she’s Dexter’s conscience.

Emma is one of my favorite literary characters in a very long time – I want to be her friend! – and, sorry, but it’s just a little surprising to me that she was created by a guy! You totally nailed the female psyche; her neuroses and self-deprecating humor are dead-on. You’ve bravely entered what’s traditionally been chick lit territory but the writing and emotional depth of “One Day” is so strong, you may have to re-claim that turf as alpha male! What do you think a male author brings to the art of the love story that’s different?

Once again, that’s very kind of you. And I don’t want to sound creepy, but I found it much easier and more enjoyable to write Emma than Dexter. I think the trick, if there is one, is to have faith in the similarities between genders, rather than the differences. A lot of popular fiction and film sets up this false opposition between white-wine drinking, shoe-loving, conservative women and beer-drinking, sports-loving, commitment-fearing men, and this just doesn’t seem to match up with my experience or that of my female friends. Shoes are fine, but I don’t know any woman who’s obsessed with them, and my idea of hell is watching a football match in a room full of drunk men. Having said that, I think the next book may well be about an ex-Navy Seal turned professional footballer on a murderous rampage. In outer space.

Why was Emma the one who had to give up her boyfriend when Dexter was finally ready for a real relationship? Why was she the one who always had to be “available?”

Hm. Well, good question. Partly, I suppose, because of the one-day structure – decisions that might take longer in real-life have to be artificially condensed. And also because that particular relationship in the book is largely sex-based. It’s Emma’s sexy fling. I don’t think it’s a real emotional wrench for her (or that poor, dumped French boyfriend).

Sexual tension is often the most exciting part of a relationship, and it definitely keeps the reader reading. Were you worried about what would happen if/when Emma and Dexter finally got together? Did you know when you started the book how you would end it?

The ending was always there. It was actually the starting point for the book, but it’s hard to say anymore without giving too much away.

And yes, the great challenge of modern love stories is contriving ways to keep the characters apart – the traditional barriers of class, faith, marital status etc don’t have the same potency now. Which is why I thought it was fun to start the story with the characters in bed together. That first kiss is just the start of the story, not the end.

You capture the social and political culture of the time so vividly, readers will feel a sense of nostalgia as they go through the decades with Emma and Dexter. How did you spend the 1990’s?

I was an actor, which is another way of saying that I was unemployed. Like Emma, I felt so comfortable and happy at college in the Eighties that the noise and political chaos and uncertainty of the Nineties frightened me a little. Certainly I didn’t spend it at nightclubs and wild parties, like Dexter. I played a lot of small parts in bad plays, and worked in a lot of restaurants, and read and worried about money. What I didn’t do was write – not until 1997. After that things got a little better.

I went to see James Taylor and Carole King in concert the night I finished “One Day,” and thought – even though it was off by ten or fifteen years — it provided a great kind of soundtrack to the book because the two of them had been singing together for so long and had their own on-again, off-again relationship/friendship. What was the soundtrack going through your head as you wrote the book?

We’re working on the film at the moment and as “research” – a way to avoid real work – I compiled an Emma Morely playlist — 2000 songs long, it is a thing of great beauty. It ranges from Carole King and Joni Mitchell to Wire and The Slits through The Smiths and Cocteau Twins and The Cure and The Kinks, Patti Smith and Robert Wyatt, Massive Attack and Talking Heads and Underworld and Tracey Thorn – as you can tell, the music was very important to me. In fact, the mixtape that Emma makes for Dexter in the novel is on iTunes and my website – search for “Emma Morley.”

You’re frequently compared to Nick Hornby, who wrote a nice blurb on your book cover. What do you see as the similarities and differences in your work?

Well, I suppose we write sort-of romantic comedies, from both male and female points of view, often with a London setting, often with cultural references, which hopefully appeal to both male and female readers. We have quite “literary” tastes but are perceived of as “popular” writers. I suppose the main difference is that I’m totally indifferent to football.

But it’s not something I think about. I admire Nick very much, in particular his support and passion for other writers, but I’d never dream of consciously writing in that particular vein. My biggest influences are Billy Wilder, Woody Allen, 1930s screwball comedy, British social novels of the 1950s…

Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess will be playing Emma and Dexter in the movie version of “One Day.” You’re writing the screenplay, thank goodness, so we know it will stay true to the book. How did you feel about the casting?

Delighted. We’re shooting at present, and Anne and Jim are great. Inevitably Anne’s nationality has caused some comment, but her accent is spot-on and after a moment you entirely accept her as British. And Jim has a charm and boyishness that helps to mask Dexter’s more obnoxious excesses. A young British actor called Rafe Spall is playing Ian, and I’ve been watching him on set. He’s hysterical, a perfect piece of casting.

Maybe we can talk to you again when the movie comes out?

Yes, I’m always delighted to answer questions!
Style Substance Soul Woman to Man: Our Exclusive Interview with Author David Nicholls
Old 08-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Loyal Fan

If you make a shipper list, add me for sure. I love the book so much. <3
Wish me luck with it, Mary.
God knows I wish the best for you."
Old 08-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

I made the list and I added you

I love this book, so I can't wait for the movie. I know, I will cry, but it's a great love story. I love these two so much, especially Emma.

Anne Hathaway movie crew takes over house

Pics:
Jim Sturgess > One Day (2011)
Anne Hathaway > [2011] One Day
Old 08-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Same here, Emma was a great character (as was Dexter, but Emma was my favourite of the two)

I think the casting's brilliant. I've been a fan of Anne Hathaway for a pretty long time, and I've loved Jim Sturgess since Across The Universe, so them being in a movie together of a book I love is really awesome.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

Emma is genuine, strong, sensitive. A really great woman. We saw a real Dexter only with her. These two are soulmates, true love, a perfect pair

I agree with you about the cast. I like both, Jim and Anne. They are two great actors, and I do not care so much about Anne's accent.

New pics:
Anne Hathaway @ One Day movie set in London, Aug 23rd
Old 08-25-2010, 10:38 PM
New Fan

Hi, please add me to the list. This couple needs more love ♥ I love them after reading the book. It's such a real love story, not to sweet and sappy. I think Anne/Jim will be great and everyone working BTS gives me hope that they gonna stay true to the book and do a great job.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

I added you

I agree with you, they are pure love. The book is amazing! I think people will start to love them after the movie. Anyway I think they should read the book because it's worth. Set pics are good. I've read that they are filming in Edimburgh, London and Paris. I hope they will add something of their Greece trip too.

Some quotes from the book

♥ ♥ ♥

"Just the whole of our lives, stretching ahead of us.

Independent adult life.

She didn’t feel like an adult. She was in no way prepared. It was as if a fire alarm had gone off in the middle of the night and she was standing on the street with her clothes bundled up in her arms.
The trick of it, she told herself, is to be courageous and bold and make a difference. Not change the world exactly, just the bit around you."

♥ ♥ ♥

"What are you going to do with your life?” In one way or another it seemed that people had been asking her this forever; teachers, her parents, friends at three in the morning, but the question had never seemed this pressing and still she was no nearer an answer… “Live each day as if it’s your last’, that was the conventional advice, but really, who had the energy for that? What if it rained or you felt a bit glandy? It just wasn’t practical. Better by far to be good and courageous and bold and to make difference. Not change the world exactly, but the bit around you. Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately and fully and well. Experience new things. Love and be loved, if you ever get the chance."

♥ ♥ ♥

Some icons: Ghosts and Lovers - And the boys

A cute pic of Jim

Old 08-25-2010, 11:55 PM
New Fan

That is a cute pic of Jim, I love him
I agree, I think when the movie comes out they'll get more supporters but I really hope people read the book b/c it's such a beautiful love story. And the characters are so real and very well developed. They have to have Greece in the movie, that's one of the best parts in the book! Well one of many. I can't wait for when the trailer comes out.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Elite Fan

I rewatched "Across the Universe" and Jim is really great on it

I agree, the characters are so real and the finale is so real too. I admit, I preferred another ending, but, you know, it's the life.
I really hope they planned some scenes in Greece too but I'm not so sure because, on the movie description, they talked only about those three places. In these days they should film in Paris.

I found this arts online. They are so cute and so happy here

ETA

Quote:
ANNE HATHAWAY and JIM STURGESS have left London to continue filming "One Day" in Paris for the next two weeks.
Twitter / Celebrity Bulletin: ANNE HATHAWAY and JIM STUR ...

Last edited by Gio Gio; 08-26-2010 at 09:31 AM
Old 08-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Elite Fan

Official description of the movie: ONE DAY, STARRING ANNE HATHAWAY AND JIM STURGESS, BASED ON BESTSELLING NOVEL, BEGINS PRODUCTION

Facebook's page: One Day | Facebook

Some photos from locations (+ info and pics from the set):

Cockburn St, Edimburgh

Moray Place, Edimburgh

Quote:
CELEBRITY starlet Anne Hathaway was spotted in Edinburgh today, after filming for her newest venture, ‘One Day’, got underway over the weekend.
Members of the public looked on in awe as the actress mulled around with co-star Jim Sturgess at Moray Place, in the city’s New Town.
The romantic comedy is based on the 2009 book by David Nicholls, and tells the story of Emma (Hathaway) and Dexter (Sturgess) who meet for the first time during their graduation ceremony, and proceed to plan meetings once every 20 years thereafter.
As the film is set in 1988, the street was lined with old-fashioned cars, including Capris and Marinas, in order to create an authentic set.
Hathaway looked relaxed wearing a summer dress and black Doc Marten boots as the pair ran through their lines.
Actor Ken Stott plays Sturgess’ character’s father in the movie, and he was also present on set.
Filming is to continue throughout the week at various spots across the Capital.
Anne Hathaway starts filming new movie in the Capital Deadline Press & Picture Agency
Arthur's Seat outside of Edinburgh

Arthur's Seat as seen from the castle

Westminster Cathedral, London

The Lady Chapel

Quote:
Hollywood actress Anne Hathaway was in Westminster Cathedral last week filming a scene for an upcoming movie.
The star of The Devil Wears Prada was in the Lady Chapel filming a scene from One Day, an adaptation of the David Nichols novel, along with Romola Garai, who shot to fame in Emma and Atonement.
Fr Slawomir Witon, the chaplain of the cathedral, helped the actor playing the priest to get into his vestments, which he reportedly had trouble with.
The film centres on two university friends, Dexter and Emma, who agree upon graduation to meet on the same day every year, and takes them through British social history from Thatcher to Brown.
Cathedral hosts actor Anne Hathaway|CatholicHerald.co.uk
Lincoln's Inn Fields

Great Queen Street

High Holborn

Ferme Park Road

Wardour Street, Soho

From twitter
Quote:
Around Soho (Wardour Street),
they were setting up a huge Set for Anne (Devil Wears Prada) Hathaway for her New Film "One Day".
Just got back from the set of the ONE DAY film! Anne Hathaway & Jim Sturgess filming in disused restaurant in Soho...
Tue Aug 17, 2010
Mezzo

The Marquee Club

From twitter
Quote:
Five giant location trucks outside of Mezzo? Bump into David Nicholls a street later? Surely no coincidence...
apparently Anne Hathaway spotted, so no - it is 'One Day' filming.
Tue Aug 17, 2010
Albion

Leila's Shop

From twitter
Quote:
Jim Sturgess movie being filmed @ Albion on Redchurch Street now.
And over at Leilas shop near Arnold Circus.
Sun Aug 22, 2010
Quote:
Anne Hathaway is here
brick lane now, in front of ALBION brunch restuarant she shooting movie
-
Spotted: Anne Hathaway filming new film One Day on Shoreditch High Street...
Sun Aug 22, 2010
The maze at Trafalgar Square, London

Parliament Hill Lido, London

Quote:
Any early birds who turned out to Parliament Hill Lido in north London for their daily constitutional would have found themselves prevented from taking a dip as the actress Anne Hathaway was busy doing laps in the 1930s-designed outdoor pool. She was at the lido between 5am and mid-morning, filming swimming scenes from the adaptation of David Nicholls's romantic comedy, One Day, for which she has been cast in the lead role of Emma Morley. Hathaway ploughed up and down the pool while Nicholls stood by the pool signing copies of his book for the film crew and extras, and generally overseeing the scene. A source from the City of London Corporation, which hired out the pool, tells me the crew did not bring any set dressing but they did come with a crane to shoot two scenes, which see Hathaway alternately playing a younger, and older version of her character, who in Nicholls's book keeps a strict daily regimen of swimming on Hampstead Heath.
The Diary: Anne Hathaway; Edinburgh Fringe Festival; Jonathan Miller; Jane Austen; Cineroleum - Features, Films - The Independent
Thanks to jimsturgessonline.com for these pics

Last edited by Gio Gio; 08-27-2010 at 09:45 AM
Old 08-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess on the “One Day” set in Paris | Celebrity Photos

Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess on the "One Day" set in Paris - August 28

TEENAGE KICKS: One Day

Cute arts

Emma Morley

Last edited by Gio Gio; 08-30-2010 at 01:51 AM
Old 08-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Anne Hathaway's Wiggy Workday in Paris, Aug 31, 2010 | Celebrity-gossip.net

bookclub: The Second Grazia Book Club Was BRILLIANT!

Quote:
At Tuesday’s Grazia Book Club at Waterstones we were treated to not just one amazing author but two – Allison Pearson and David Nicholls, debating whether only women can successfully write female characters. As our host Decca Aitkenhead said it’s a question she would have automatically said yes to before she read Nicholls’s 2009 book One Day.

Tracing the life of Dexter and Emma’s relationship across 20 years, he manages to create a female character that every woman utterly relates to – even in the smallest detail, like the Nelson Mandela poster she pins to her wall at university in the 1980’s. So was he surrounded by sisters, or was it his wife he drew on for inspiration for Emma’s character?

‘Actually there’s a lot of me in Emma, so in a way it was easier to write her character. Especially in my 20’s when it was a real shock leaving university, I had many of her insecurities and anxieties,’ he revealed.

Both authors also reflected on what it’s like seeing their hit books reach the big screen. David had come from the set of One Day, where he’d watched Anne Hathaway play Emma. (‘Her northern accent’s really good,’ he reassured dissenters of her casting). And Allison had just heard the news that Sarah Jessica Parker will play Kate – the heroine of her first novel I Don’t Know How She Does It – in a screenplay adaptation set in New York. ‘There had been lots of speculation about the film version of the book for a while and when the rumour was that Nicole Kidman would play Kate, I had women write to me shouting that she wasn’t right because she was too cool. It’s interesting how women project themselves on characters in books.’

Some arts

Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Loyal Fan

The newer pics of Anne with the short hair are so adorable. I feel like Jim and Anne are going to have a ton of chemistry.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with you. Their chemistry is amazing on these pics. I can't wait for the movie!

Some other pics from laineygossip.com and zimbio.com

Last edited by Gio Gio; 08-31-2010 at 11:31 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top