Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2018, 09:31 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't see him taking up too much of the story time. Not worried.

I seriously freaking need more on Raf's parents. I read a theory about Rose being Raf's sister. I would love that.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not worried about Michael himself. The character has always come out smelling like a rose. And I don't see that changing in S5. Whatever happened, I'm sure he's the victim.

I'm more worried about how much time it's going to waste. There are other stories I'm interested in. I've waited a long time for Alba and Xio to get substantial storylines. And the saga of Rafael's family has been teased so much. But there really hasn't been much to it. I don't want to see those get shunted aside for a stunt.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

I'd be very upset if they didn't explore more of Rafael's family history!
I anticipate the Michael storyline wrapping by mid season finale

Side note
I watched the Pilot again with a friend to get her into Jane - think she's hooked.
One of her first comments.. "Jane and Rafael have to get together right??"
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath

Last edited by innocent_chick; 05-03-2018 at 08:27 AM
Old 05-03-2018, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent_chick (View Post)
I'd be very upset if they didn't explore more of Rafael's family history!
I anticipate the Michael storyline wrapping by mid season finale

Side note
I watched the Pilot again with a friend to get her into Jane - think she's hooked.
One of her first comments.. "Jane and Rafael have to get together right??"
I hope you're right about the storyline wrapping up halfway through. Hopefully, Jennie and the writers can control their love of the character. And not listen too much to his loud fans on social media.

I'm glad you're friend likes J/R. My one friend who loves JTV is a huge Michael fan.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I love Brett and I missed him. I say that now but I bet I would want him gone if there was any Jane/Michael boring romance. And I assume there would be.

I keep thinking what if season 5 for Jane/Raf is what season 2 was for Jane/Michael. What if they mainly remain apart and then get together few episodes before finale. I wouldn't want that. But Jane/Rafael is not Jane/Michael. All stories are centered around Jane/Raf. And thanks to Mateo they constantly have to see each other.

Speaking of Mateo, if this is the real Michael I want no stupid Michael/Mateo bonding moment. But I bet they will do that. They did one with Adam, and they will give Michael one too. If this is real Michael then Mateo would not want him first but then he will come around. They want to come full circle with their stories and one of the big things is Mateo's involvement in the triangle. At no point would the writers would want to tell a story where it would seem like Jane is choosing Rafael because that is what Mateo would want. So to level the playing field Mateo would probably fall in love with Michael. That is if he is the real Michael and this triangle is revived. And if he is not the real Michael then he will be a bad guy
Old 05-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

I can't stop thinking about how they said "Evil is coming" and the footsteps.
Do we think that was implied as Michael - or perhaps the person trying to kill Petra?

all my friends who i've got hooked seem to change their mind throughout the show just as Jennie and the writers intended. They start out wanting J/R..then happily go with what happens with J/M (unlike me who watched with gritted teeth... not that i dont like Michael, just i get too invested..) are devastated at his death..and then grow to love and root for J/R again in the aftermath.
Cath
Old 05-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Hell, I would love it if Brett came back only to play a evil reason of Michael. Like faux Michael. It would be totally different and way more exciting. He pretends to be Michael but he really isn't! That's no more ridiculous than him coming back from the dead. And faux Michael wouldn't be a retcon.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:40 PM
Passionate Fan

I am hoping evil is Milos. It's ridiculous that after doing so much to get Petra he just rots away in prison. Telenovela villains don't go down that easy. I also dislike how people forget Milos. Petra only has the hotel because of him. He is a significant person in her life.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I almost forgot about the mysterious evil man. I'm so not invested in that story.

I guess Michael could be a fake. But I prefer that he is the real thing. I feel like it cheapens the story if he's not.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dp
Old 05-04-2018, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

just announced
MTV movie award 2018 nomination for Best Kiss is Jane/Rafael.
The image that shows up with it on Instagram is from S1 though. Wonder which kiss they are referring to..
Cath
Old 05-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I almost forgot about the mysterious evil man. I'm so not invested in that story.

I guess Michael could be a fake. But I prefer that he is the real thing. I feel like it cheapens the story if he's not.
It's most likely is him but it would be fun if Brett turned out to be a playing faux Michael who's a villain. It would be hilarious but of course he's most likely playing the real Michael and TPTB will rewrite his death. Milos is the only who would make sense but television doesn't always make sense. But I will be disappointed if he only returned to be shot by JR and that's the end of Milos. He's always been my favorite minor character. And that's a lame death.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Surprised they are nominated for best kiss. They do have such awesome kissing scenes!

I don't know if I want this Michael to be real or fake. Only reason I want it to be fake Michael is because it seems silly to have characters return from the dead. Rose's death was okay because the way she died looked suspicious to begin with. There were already questions about whether she died. Michael is different. In the writers's head, he was deader than dead. Real Michael died.

That's my only reason for wanting fake Michael. Otherwise I really want him to be the real Michael. I want Jane to choose Rafael over the best version of Michael. It's easy to choose the good one when the other choice is not compelling. I don't want that for Jane/Rafael.

Didn't Jennie say we would know within the first episode who he is? Or am I imagining this?
Old 05-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)

Didn't Jennie say we would know within the first episode who he is? Or am I imagining this?
I don't remember. But the cliffhanger questions are always resolved in the season premiere.

And best kiss! That's wonderful. And very deserving. I'm surprised they got nominated though.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

It's not a huge show so I'm surprised but happy.

Speaking of..someone compiled and made gifs of all the s4 kisses on Tumblr
We should ask if we can use some in our opening?
ʎɹɔ oʇ ʇɟǝl sɹɐǝʇ ou
Cath
Closed Thread   Post New Thread