Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis1948 (View Post)
OK guys - what am doing wrong?? I'm trying to get to Emily's interview on the Almost Amy blog. When I get there and try to click on the link, I end up at a google search. HELP - PLEASE!!
Hi Isis! Are you going to this: Almost Amy ? I don't know how to post it so you can click on it but try typing it in.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis1948 (View Post)
Dancefan - thanks but it still won't work. I get to the main page and when I click on the link, I get this:

Dell Search Page

That is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Any ideas??
Yes, that is weird because I tried the link from this message board after I posted it & it worked! I will tell you that you have to enter the site first (there is a blog option before entering) then hit blog at the bottom of the page. Good luck!!

Nevermind--when all else fails, cut & paste . . .

friday, july 18, 2008

Getting to Know Emily Grace
A feature on Emily Grace, so fans of Almost Amy can get to know her a little better.

L2DBlog: Where were you born?
Emily: I was born in Sutton.. a little town in Surrey, just outside of London, and grew up in a tiny village very close to there until I was 18.

L2DBlog: When did you first start playing instruments, singing and/or performing?
Emily: This'll take a while!! Well, I can't remember not being able to play the piano, so I think I literally was sitting at the piano before I could walk or talk! My mum's a piano teacher (although she never taught me) and she always
says that when she was pregnant with me she played piano all the time, so when I came along I was a natural!!! I started competing in music festivals on piano when I was about 4, all the way up until I went to college at 16. I started
having flute and violin lessons at 8 (although I was APPALLING at violin so I
soon gave that up!), classical singing lessons at 14 and alto and soprano
saxophone when I was about 18.

I've always performed.. I was always busy after school with dance classes and
gymnastics and music and exams and competitions... it was pretty hectic! I
started ballet when I was about 3, and I have the cutest little pair of ballet
shoes in a glass case in my bedroom back home!

L2DBlog: How/when did you meet the other band members?
Emily: When I was 16, I gained a place at The Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, London. During my first year there was a 2nd Year production of Lippa's "The Wild Party" in which they asked me to play in the live band for. That's where I met Mark. He was in the year above me and was playing drums in the band. Derek was also at Italia Conti, 2 years above me, and as Mark and I got to know each other, I inevitably got to know Derek too!

I met Sam and Harry through Mark, a little while after I'd left Conti's, and as
soon as we all started playing together it felt like I suddenly gained four big
brothers!

L2DBlog: Favorite vacation?
Emily: Vacation??? Oh... you mean holiday!! Um... I don't know!! St. Maartin in the Caribbean was stunning.. Tenerife with my boyfriend's entire family (including 4 kids!!) was SO much fun! I also love Hong Kong, because that's where my mum's from, and the culture is so different but so similar at the same time.. it's pretty bizarre... New York is one of my favourite places in the whole world.. it's like London but better!! I'm a huge shopaholic, so me in Bloomingdales is like a kid in a candy shop! There's so many!!

L2DBlog: What do you miss the most about London?
Emily: Aaahh.. London.. I miss my parents and my big brother. I'm so close to my mum and dad, they're like my best friends and I am so fortunate that I can talk to them about anything. Of course I went through those tough teenage years, but as I grew up we became really close. I miss them so much, but we've agreed to meet halfway in New York every so often!! My big brother's awesome too.. He's 6 years older than me, a proper big brother.. He's an awesome street skater with a degree in psychology (random combination I know!!), and he's just a really cool guy! I'm so lucky I've got such a cool family, and I love them all SO much!
Fingers crossed I'll get to see them soon...

There's also my best friend Chris, although he lives in Paris right now. We both
toured the UK together in "Return to the Forbidden Planet", and ever since he's been my closest friend. He's a complete nutter, but a really talented musician.

You know what else I miss?? You won't believe me but... RAIN. I miss snuggling up on the sofa with my boyfriend and my duvet, with the rain pelting down onto the windows. And driving around the wiggly country roads in my little Ford!!

Oooh.. And my mum's cooking!!!

L2DBlog: What is your favorite thing about LA/the US?
Emily: Shopping!!!! Well, obviously not just that. It's been a really exciting time in LA for us recently, there's been so much going on. I love the buzz of the place, Hollywood especially is full of budding actors/musicians/artists, and it just makes the place feel alive! I also love Venice Beach.. I love the sea.. and the rocks.. and all the little shops and stalls..

L2DBlog: What is your favorite Almost Amy song and why?
Emily: To be honest, I have a different favourite every week! Probably right now my two favourites are Running (which is up on our myspace - myspace.com/almostamy) and a new song called Waterworx. I get to play THE best keyboard and piano parts in that song, and sometimes I'm playing piano with one hand, keyboard with the other, and singing at the same time!! It's mad!!! We're writing all the time, so I've always got new faves. I love Silver Bullet too... I don't know.. they're ALL my favourite!

L2DBlog: Who are your favorite bands/musicians?
Emily: When it comes to music... I'm a bit of an oddball! I grew up on classical music.. I love Chopin and Debussy.. and Rachmaninov's 2nd Piano Concerto.. All musical theatre, particularly Wicked, Rent, Phantom of the Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar, Brooklyn.. But I love jazz too.. And when it comes to pop music - the girlier the better! Christina.. Girls Aloud.. Whitney.. and I LOVE McFly's song "5 Colors in Her Hair".. that's my driving song!! I always put it on really loud when I'm driving on the motorway and sing along!

L2DBlog: Favorite movie?
Emily: Center Stage. It's about a girl who goes to a Ballet school in New York. And High School Musical. Maybe I'm a little too old but I'm sorry! I love it!! We all went to see Wanted at the cinema a little while ago.. and that was awesome too.

L2DBlog: Favorite book?
Emily: I don't have a favourite!! I'm a complete bookworm.. my favourite authors are Jill Mansell (for the lovey girly stuff) and Jodi Picoult (for the stuff that makes you think).

L2DBlog: What do you like to do in your spare time?
Emily: Watch Friends!!! When I've been really busy, I love to have a day to myself in bed with a whole series of Friends. I'd love to say I went to the gym and worked out.. but that would be a lie. However, I still love dancing and I do
that as often as I can. That and swimming keeps me fit.. I'm not the kind of
person that can pound a treadmill for hours - I get bored!!

L2DBlog: Favorite food(s)?
Emily: Hmmm.. did I mention.. my mum's cooking!! It's mostly chinese food (yup.. I'm half chinese!), and it's SO good! I love Sushi too.. and there's a great English pub near Santa Monica Beach that does fabulous English breakfast fry ups!!!

L2DBlog: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Emily: Hopefully still making music with the band, playing live shows.. It's going to be a rollercoaster ride for the band from now on so I'm just going to live life as it comes, enjoy everything, and see what happens!

Emily Grace and Almost Amy singing "I Can't Help It"
Old 07-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Dancefan - thank you so much. I think my problem is probably my internet setting but I just don't have the savvy or patience to muddle through all that tech stuff. I like Emily and absolutely loved her singing with Derek at City Walk.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 07-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

hey everyone, i may be a little behind because, i went to puerto rico, new hampshire, and the beach in 3 weeks.

i did read that almost amy got a record deal, great news.
CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Here is a video of Derek talking a little about the press tour dance party, record deal, dancing performing etc. Enjoy.

YouTube - Tele-Buddy video: Derek Hough of 'Dancing with the Stars'
Old 07-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Loyal Fan

thanks for the link to the video lady. it so cute how he gets an embarrassed look on his face when the person interviewing him says you were popular out on the dance floor with the ladies
Old 07-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Almost Amy signed with Hollywood Records. JJO who is Mark's cousin I beleive announced it on his own MySpace page.

JJO on Sirius!!! Almost Amy signs Record Deal with Hollywood Records!!! Check out new song "Running"

Mark's family does not know how to keep a secret.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballk2332 (View Post)
thanks for the link to the video lady. it so cute how he gets an embarrassed look on his face when the person interviewing him says you were popular out on the dance floor with the ladies
Yeah that face was like "ooooo don't let Shannon find out".
Old 07-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady33145 (View Post)
Mark's family does not know how to keep a secret
I wish JJO hadn't done that. The band was waiting for the label to announce it. And if not that, then they should have been able to have had the honors themselves. Seriously, some of Mark's family members seem to be a little too starstruck.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Is JJO actually related to Mark? The point about his family being bigmouthed still stands either way. You'd think someone in the band, or in AA's management team, would start to get annoyed and tell them to stop trying to live vicariously through Mark.

Here's the pic from Us Weekly:

I gotta say, I think it's adorable.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the pic, LDM.Yes, it is adorable. But Derek looks even younger than his years there.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

So does Shannon, so it all balances out
Old 07-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Extreme Fan

YAHOOOO for a record deal!!!!

And YAHOOOOOO for Hollywood records!!

Please please please let the gods let AA tour with the Cheetahs this fall!!
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for posting the pic LDM
Old 07-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for posting the pic LDM...they are too cute together.

I'm glad that AA got signed...but people certainly need to learn to zip their lips! I'm sure people at the label are going to get sick of that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread