Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do like the season 2 premiere.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyimproud (View Post)
Agree ^

The only reason I stayed and watched all 6 seasons of the show was because of Chuck and Blair (and Ed Westwick) but I did enjoy the other characters too and how Safran destroyed all of that for his agenda was terrible. The only saving things is when you binge watch it it probably doesn't stand out as much. Binge watches almost always love CB and hate DB because it just seem so out of character and like one episode you are hearing Blair tell Chuck 'she loves him more and more everyday" and then a couple of episodes later it's "I love you but I'm not in love with you, not how you deserve anyway" like head spin!

How fun was it to see Serena and Chuck finish every episode in S5 all sad and alone?? and Blair not seeming to care about anyone and IMO even the guy she was dating she didn't like that much I would never like DB together but it would have made more sense story wise if it had happened in the 2nd half of S4 but Safran had to have his princess wedding for the 100th episode.

Yes the pact with God was the most stupidest thing ever. I remember watching 5x11 and afterwards just sitting there not being able to even comprehend what I just watched. It was ridiculous.

It is very easy to rant about S5 because it was so bad But I just remembered it gave us Chuck's character development
Yeah Chuck and Blair was definitely the reason I hung on until the end for sure, but alongside them, my favourite part of the show was absolutely the Serena/Blair friendship. I just loved their relationship so much, my favourite of any tv friendship- probably because at the time I was in high school and just really resonated with their struggles/highlights of growing up and moving away from my friends. So the dair thing just ruined it so bad, because of CB but also because of SB. I almost wish I had found it later and binged haha but I remember how great it was once we knew after all that they would end up together, it was worth it I think haha yeah true I think DB would look so ridiculous and left field if you just binged the series, it would feel like the quality of the show just completely nose dived!!!

Eugh, I swear I would have lost it if I had to endure one more episode of Serena staring mournfully into a bowl of berries or Chuck gazing alone out of his window. I mean ffs what were they trying to achieve by doing that to them?! I think they knew that for DB to even pretend to be in a relationship they had to completely isolate them. Also they never had Blair apologise properly to Serena or chuck specifically for dating dan, even though it should have happened character wise. Blair even acknowledged she would never have forgiven Serena for dating Chuck, she wouldnt have forgiven either of them. It was Probably because having her say sorry would recognise it as the eff up it was, and they were still tying to appease the dair fans. In the end, Blair is still my fave and I love her no matter what, I just wish so bad that they had just never gone there.

You are right though, if they HAD to do it, which obviously failfran did, it should've been season 4. Then the entire Louis snooze fest could've been avoided, Serena and chuck would've woken up from guest star country and realised who they loved. They would've been spared a season of pure heartbreak, and SB would'nt have been NEARLY as damaged. It wouldve been (sort of) understandable that Blair and Dan would turn to each other for comfort, and then could have just realised on their own that they were friends and loved who they have always loved. And then the 100th episode could've been CB wedding. Haha obviously I would take ANY other storyline over that, but it would have at least been somewhat feasible and not the character assassination we saw instead. God why show !!!

But yes!! Lol After that rant I did realise that Chuck definitely grew so momentously in season 5, and I did adore the apology scene, one of my favourite scenes actually. The whole thing, song included was perfect.

Quote:
I do like the season 2 premiere.
Oh my gosh I can watch that so endlessly. Blake looked INCREDIBLE. Her hair in that episode, I remember people couldn't stop talking about it gg at its absolute best

Last edited by Greysjolex; 01-24-2017 at 04:12 PM
Old 01-26-2017, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

These two were at their best Season 1 and 2. Yes once upon a time I rooted for CB.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
These two were at their best Season 1 and 2. Yes once upon a time I rooted for CB.
Yep agreed what was it that turned you off them? I know a lot of people gave up on them in season 3, and I myself was raging at chuck for the first half of season 4 with the whole Eva Nonsense. but I think what was truly heartbreaking to me was how much Blair loved Chuck, and Chuck was his rawest and most human in his desperate love for her too. I think that whilst what he did was awful, he knew they loved each other all comsumingly, they had proved that time and time again, and I really think he thought that they could withstand anything. Obviously he was wrong and it was a despicable thing to do, and he had a hell of a long way to go to make it up to her. I wasn't that happy in season 4 as the Eva thing was so unfair, but their chemistry was truly captivating and drew me right back in. Once I saw the train station scene it sold me forever with them, and I stomached Eva because I knew he was in some kind of delusion and thought he had ruined his chances with her forever.

I did love him beyond belief in season 5 though. He was so mature and his growth was amazing, but there were definitely times where he and Serena should have stood up for themselves, I was so sick of seeing them lonely and sad. That's why I had no problem at all with his speech to Blair in 5x24, she had taken his love for granted all season, so it was definitely time to fight for her to fight for him.

Oh we need a new thread! I would start it but I have no idea how
Old 01-26-2017, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Yep agreed what was it that turned you off them? I know a lot of people gave up on them in season 3, and I myself was raging at chuck for the first half of season 4 with the whole Eva Nonsense. but I think what was truly heartbreaking to me was how much Blair loved Chuck, and Chuck was his rawest and most human in his desperate love for her too. I think that whilst what he did was awful, he knew they loved each other all comsumingly, they had proved that time and time again, and I really think he thought that they could withstand anything. Obviously he was wrong and it was a despicable thing to do, and he had a hell of a long way to go to make it up to her. I wasn't that happy in season 4 as the Eva thing was so unfair, but their chemistry was truly captivating and drew me right back in. Once I saw the train station scene it sold me forever with them, and I stomached Eva because I knew he was in some kind of delusion and thought he had ruined his chances with her forever.

I did love him beyond belief in season 5 though. He was so mature and his growth was amazing, but there were definitely times where he and Serena should have stood up for themselves, I was so sick of seeing them lonely and sad. That's why I had no problem at all with his speech to Blair in 5x24, she had taken his love for granted all season, so it was definitely time to fight for her to fight for him.

Oh we need a new thread! I would start it but I have no idea how
Season 3 after the hotel I just couldn't. This is one ship I really used to love though and I do come here still.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi guys. We need a new thread. Thank you.
My LJ
Old 01-28-2017, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes this needs a new thread so we can close it.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 01-30-2017, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

NEW THREAD
Closed Thread   Post New Thread