Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stace403 (View Post)
Will Chase is just talking out of his you know what.....he doesn't know anything. He's trying to rile people up.
Well I hope you're right. I cannot watch another season of Rayna/Luke with Deacon on the sidelines. That really holds no appeal whatsoever
elledee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:54 AM
Loyal Fan

I so agree, that Will interview is SO annoying!

I also think it's totally Will Chase spouting his own thoughts; of course, he wants his character to be a big part of the wheel, he wants a job! And, he's been around long enough to know, when you're written off Nashville, your character goes to that alternate universe, where, you are never mentioned again! These Nashvillians give new meaning to moving on!

R/D and their enduring love, despite a long, complicated, painful history, could make for some great story telling, if the writers were brave enough to go there.

It should be anything but boring, because, they certainly are not a lock for a happy ending, but I think the vast majority of fans, want to see them give it a good shot!
kittycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, it doesn't say anything about season 3 obviously, but I'm still disappointed that we won't get even close to any sort of hope if what he says is true. That's bothering me to no end. I mean....this can't be the decision of one person or network in charge....the majority must agree on this storyline and I just don't get how they can't see how wrong this is. This show won't make a season 4. A season 3 is pure luck on their part with ABC being in a such a difficult and ****ed up spot this season.
Rosina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

I don't think Will actually knows anything. He's just talking in tired tv ideas that putting the main couple together is the end of the story or that happy couples are boring. I'm sure Connie would have something to say about that with some compelling evidence to the contrary. But I am afraid that the writers will fall into that kind of thinking considering the way they stall stories for long stretches of episodes because they seem to think that they need to save all the good stuff for the finale.

They really need to stop with the will they or won't they. This is not an episodic crime/medical drama where the couple in question meet in a professional capacity, have flirty tension while solving the case of the week and shows will take a lot of seasons to fundamentally change the dynamic of their relationship by putting them together romantically. They're also not in the category of tv couples who first start dating in one of the early seasons and then breakup and get back together as they figure their relationship out dealing with commitment issues and figuring out if they love each other. DR are fundamentally different. They were together for 11 years and if Deacon had stayed sober after the fourth time in rehab they would still be together. They would have gotten married, she never would have been with Teddy. There is no question about whether they love each other, have always loved each other, will always love each other. The things that broke them up before (Deacon's drinking and Maddie's paternity secret) are in the past. Continuing to try to find reasons to keep them apart for the sake of keeping them apart will just feel forced. Once they get back together there is really no reason to break them up again and I'm afraid the writers are afraid to commit to that so they'll keep stalling like they have been with everything.
Sarah [youtube]
soapbubbles511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Loyal Fan

I totally agree. I don't get how they can't see this. It's really very simple logic. I mean THEY wrote it...how hard can it be.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most, is the fact that he totally spoiled the next three episodes for me. Like competely.
Rosina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:54 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosina (View Post)
I totally agree. I don't get how they can't see this. It's really very simple logic. I mean THEY wrote it...how hard can it be.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most, is the fact that he totally spoiled the next three episodes for me. Like competely.
I wouldn't let him ruin anything for you, that article reeked of someone who is clearly overcompensating and doesn't actually know anything. I'm going to try and trust that the writers have a plan and stay optimistic till at least the season ends/beginning of next season when we see where it all stands. It's not a secret how the fans feel about about Luke and Rayna and really Luke in general. Things can't continue the way they are now if they want fans to actually stick with the show.
Stace403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

I'm not sure that he's actually spoiled anything. I can see him saying that no matter what the outcome of the finale is. There is the possibility that Luke/Rayna are still together when the season ends so he has some reason to believe that this is going to carry over into at least the beginning of S3 ().. or on the other hand if Luke/Rayna have broken up and thee's possible movement towards DR getting back together he's not going to be allowed to spoil anything about that... so he talks in terms of what has actually aired and then we can be "surprised" by what happens

on a happier non-Luke related note... the full version of A Life That's Good from the Chicago concert

Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Loyal Fan

¡ʇɐɥʇ pǝɔɹoɟuıǝɹ ʎןןɐǝɹ sɐɥ 'ןnɟbuıuɐǝɯ ʎןɐןnɔıʇɹɐd s,ʇı ʞuıɥʇ ,ʇuop ı ǝןıɥʍ 'ʍǝıʌɹǝʇuı sıɥʇ puɐ 'uɐɟ ǝʞnן ɐ ʇou ʇsnظ ɯɐ ı
kittycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

we're finally getting a new episode this week and I'm excited

The Deacon/Rayna/Beverly stuff should be really good. I imagine Beverly must talk her way onto Juliette's plane and that's how she winds up in Nashville. I don't think Avery (or Juliette) knows the extent of Beverly's issues and Scarlett's problems with her. Especially not enough so to cause a scene to stop Beverly from getting on the plane if she's insisting on staying with her daughter and Scarlett's kind of out of it. So should be interesting when Deacon meets them at the airport to find his sister there too.

I wonder when Rayna gets involved. The last we saw Deacon he was at the lakehouse so there's still the chance that they can only get a hold of Rayna and she has to go back up there to tell him what happened with Scarlett. But she's not in the pics at the airport so she may not find out until they're back in Nashville and meet them at the hospital. And then the blame game starts which should be a lot of good angst.

At some point Scarlett escapes the hospital and Rayna/Deacon/Beverly all go looking for her. Could be interesting if they're all still fighting over whose fault this is only to find out Scarlett's missing. And clearly Beverly is still insisting on being involved despite every indication that she's accomplishing nothing but upsetting Scarlett. Hopefully after they return Scarlett to the hospital we get a good DR scene. But looking forward to the angst. And that they're going to be involved in more family drama together but this time with his family.

And bonus points for NO LUKE!!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Actually I think there is a picture of Rayna at the airport waiting room standing behind Deacon and talking to him. I'm betting Juliette calls Rayna or maybe Glenn calls Bucky to let them know about Scarlett.
piratewench78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Yeah you're right, I'd forgotten about the inside airport pics... He probably starts blaming her for Scarlett's breakdown then while he can't do anything but wait until the plane lands.. so she'll already be worried about Scarlett and have been listening to Deacon blame her for the breakdown when the plane lands so not really surprising that she takes it out on Juliette

And this is going to cause an even bigger mess for H65. Scarlett having a breakdown already takes her off tour and off finishing her album. But Juliette had gotten all sorts of media to that show who are now going to be writing about it.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-28-2014, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

I'm really looking forward to seeing Deacon/Rayna deal with Scarlett's breakdown hopefully they'll get some good things together.

(on another note, if you haven't voted for nashville, it's your last chance: http://www.fanforum.com/f50/new-foru...here-63119823/)
Old 04-28-2014, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

didn't mean to dp my internets so slow
Old 04-28-2014, 02:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Anyways....I hope they handle it in an acceptable way. I don't wanna go into hiatus with a happily engaged Rayna & Luke.

(ps: it's me Rose...got a new nickname. So Soapbubbles needs to change it in the fans list. )

Last edited by TamiTaylor; 04-28-2014 at 02:42 AM
TamiTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

First Spoiler Clip/Sneak Peek for Wed.'s episode.

Sorry if this was already posted but didn't see anywhere. No Rayna/Deacon.

Sneak Preview: Episode 220 "Your Good Girl's Gonna Go Bad" - Nashville - ABC.com
soaper410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top