Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2014, 02:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
the actual concert is definitely not the last scene of the season... they were filming concert after party scenes a couple days earlier.. maybe that's where Ed's ring toss hint comes in and she tells him off and throws the ring back at him as soon as they're not on stage in front of those fans
That's what I suspect. And yet....that line about no proposals etc. was in quotes at tv line...ergo an actual quote what Callie said. They can't put it in quotes if she didn't say it
Rosina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
the actual concert is definitely not the last scene of the season... they were filming concert after party scenes a couple days earlier.. maybe that's where Ed's ring toss hint comes in and she tells him off and throws the ring back at him as soon as they're not on stage in front of those fans
I really don't want to think it's going to be a proposal because that would be too cliche and too soapy. The pictures do suggest that though. My only other thought is that Rayna's up on stage alone singing "Wrong for the Right Reasons" which is why it affects Maddie and Deacon so much if she wrote it for them. Teddy and Daphne could be feeling it too, after all, she did kind of screw up all of their lives by marrying Teddy when she really loved Deacon.
TVFan221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
I really don't want to think it's going to be a proposal because that would be too cliche and too soapy. The pictures do suggest that though. My only other thought is that Rayna's up on stage alone singing "Wrong for the Right Reasons" which is why it affects Maddie and Deacon so much if she wrote it for them. Teddy and Daphne could be feeling it too, after all, she did kind of screw up all of their lives by marrying Teddy when she really loved Deacon.
I think this sounds plausible and I hope that's what is happening. The pictures with the ring worry me.
Froghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosina (View Post)
That's what I suspect. And yet....that line about no proposals etc. was in quotes at tv line...ergo an actual quote what Callie said. They can't put it in quotes if she didn't say it
The proposals part wasn't actually in quotes. So that could just be speculative on tvlines part based on Callie saying it wouldn't be like last finale.

I like the idea that the pictures are in response to Wrong for the Right Reasons though. But there's still the ring Connie's wearing in the picture Judith tweeted and not in the promo pics
Sarah [youtube]
soapbubbles511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah you're right...it's not in quotes - and yet I would think they asked her (especially for their scorecard) and maybe that#s exactly what she said. I still can't think of an explanation as to where the ring comes from. Unless it's a very very big promise ring

There is a scene in the preview of Connie singing at the Opry, so I think we will get "Wrong For The Right Reasons" in 2x20, maybe 2x21.

My only hope is that Callie said no big soapy drama for the finale, and a proposal on stage is about as dramatic and soapy as it gets. Also I can't see Connie being okay with it. Somehow.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

I'm sure they asked her more than what they quoted... and you're right they would have presumably asked her about proposals for their scorecard so they'd know if there were actually no proposals. I keep looking at the two pics and trying to decide if it's the same ring she was wearing on the other hand during the performance and if she's still wearing that one in the pic Judith tweeted... I don't think it is the same one but can't say for sure

I had been wondering about the Opry scene but it probably is Wrong for the Right Reasons
Sarah [youtube]
soapbubbles511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah...the whole ring problem remains. I was thinking maybe the stone slipped to the side (she does have tiny hands) and she's actually wearing it. We need HQ versions of the pics.

Also: Ed's ring toss spoiler needs to come in action one way or the other.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah...the whole ring problem remains. I was thinking maybe the stone slipped to the side (she does have tiny hands) and she's actually wearing it. We need HQ versions of the pics.

I feel like someone on here said that they had been tweeting with Ed and from what he said they were pretty sure he was talking about the ring that Deacon tossed at the beginning of the season. I didn't read the tweets though.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I'M going to be brave and say I Do Not think there will be a proposal, I really dont' think there will be a public proposal, and I don't think there will be an actual marriage proposal, at all.

What I definitely can see, and do expect, is Luke, pushing for a strong clarification of their relationship. Kind of an "I'm in this for the long haul, I can see this being forever, are we on the same page?" If that happens, I really hope it would force Rayna to be honest with both of them; she needs to stop lying to herself, most of all.

I don't know if the actors, the writing, a combination, but, honestly, neither Will Chase nor Eric Close, have sold me on the "we've had this great love for Rayna", that we're supposed to buy.

We came into the Rayna/Teddy marriage late, but, I never saw any chemistry that sold me on how in love with Rayna, Teddy was. It seemed like he was more in love with the idea of their family and their lifestyle, than with Rayna. As for Luke, I get the impression that he's had this attraction/infatuation; she was the woman he couldn't have. She's the prize to win. Not saying that he doesn't care about her; really deeply in love at this point? I don't see it.

Speaking of Mayor Tedster, does anybody else wonder, what his storyline will be, assuming we get a Season 3(knock wood)? If he isn't bumped to recurring or even written out,( I think unlikely), what's his storyline?

Anybody else worry that the Ted might decide he's lost too miuch, misses his family, and throws his Mayoral hat, into the Rayna ring? EWWWWW!
kittycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycats (View Post)
I'M going to be brave and say I Do Not think there will be a proposal, I really dont' think there will be a public proposal, and I don't think there will be an actual marriage proposal, at all.

What I definitely can see, and do expect, is Luke, pushing for a strong clarification of their relationship. Kind of an "I'm in this for the long haul, I can see this being forever, are we on the same page?" If that happens, I really hope it would force Rayna to be honest with both of them; she needs to stop lying to herself, most of all.

I don't know if the actors, the writing, a combination, but, honestly, neither Will Chase nor Eric Close, have sold me on the "we've had this great love for Rayna", that we're supposed to buy.

We came into the Rayna/Teddy marriage late, but, I never saw any chemistry that sold me on how in love with Rayna, Teddy was. It seemed like he was more in love with the idea of their family and their lifestyle, than with Rayna. As for Luke, I get the impression that he's had this attraction/infatuation; she was the woman he couldn't have. She's the prize to win. Not saying that he doesn't care about her; really deeply in love at this point? I don't see it.

Speaking of Mayor Tedster, does anybody else wonder, what his storyline will be, assuming we get a Season 3(knock wood)? If he isn't bumped to recurring or even written out,( I think unlikely), what's his storyline?

Anybody else worry that the Ted might decide he's lost too miuch, misses his family, and throws his Mayoral hat, into the Rayna ring? EWWWWW!
I honestly have no idea what they're going to do with Teddy. They should really just get rid of him. All of his storylines are played out. There's only so much fighting with Deacon that I, and I imagine others, can take.

I really don't think they'll have him try to get back together with Rayna for the following reasons:
1. It's been done before and barely worked last time, the writers would hopefully want to do something more creative.
2. The writers have to realize at this point that there's zero chemistry between Eric Close and Connie Britton. I mean even when they were married I think we got one awkward kiss the whole season.
3. The ratings were so bad during season 2 I can't imagine them thinking it would be a good idea to revisit a relationship that no one liked the first time around.

I'm hoping the writers have learned from the major ratings mistake they made this season by having next to no scenes with Deacon and Rayna until the last couple of episodes. To this day I don't really understand why the writers would take something that worked really well in season 1 and do the exact opposite in season 2.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah but if their duet in the finale concert happens after the ILY convo we've already seen in the promo for next week then she must give him some kind of positive clarification, otherwise I really doubt they'd be singing together.

I realy hate the mere idea of having to watch another scene between them with Rayna telling him Deacon is her past and lying about her real feelings, for both of them. Ugh

Hope I'm wrong though
elledee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:04 PM
Loyal Fan

I can certainly understand, that it wouldn't have made any sense for the Season 2 Storyline, to be, DEACON: "Yes, you kept my Daughter from me for 13 years, I found out and went on a big Drunk, we could both easily have been killed in the accident that resulted, but, hey, stuff happens, no reason to dwell on it, let's get back to having sexy good times"!
RAYNA: I agree, the past is the past, and we are good at those sexy times!

Of course they both had and have a bunch of stuff to work out, but the lack of shared screen time has been So Frustrating!
kittycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:55 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I can certainly understand, that it wouldn't have made any sense for the Season 2 Storyline, to be, DEACON: "Yes, you kept my Daughter from me for 13 years, I found out and went on a big Drunk, we could both easily have been killed in the accident that resulted, but, hey, stuff happens, no reason to dwell on it, let's get back to having sexy good times"!
RAYNA: I agree, the past is the past, and we are good at those sexy times!

Of course they both had and have a bunch of stuff to work out, but the lack of shared screen time has been So Frustrating!
This is why I hope we don't retread old ground with Rayna choosing to be with Luke and having to watch some dumb love triangle drag out over season 3. It would be like revisiting Teddy and Rayna all over again, with the only benefit being that they can stick Luke in more scenes because he's musical.

Rayna and Deacon have spent this season working through their issues separately and are now finding peace with each other and as parents to Maddie. It almost seems like the easy, lazy way out to continue keeping them apart. The real story is seeing them try and make it together.
Stace403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stace403 (View Post)
This is why I hope we don't retread old ground with Rayna choosing to be with Luke and having to watch some dumb love triangle drag out over season 3. It would be like revisiting Teddy and Rayna all over again, with the only benefit being that they can stick Luke in more scenes because he's musical.

Rayna and Deacon have spent this season working through their issues separately and are now finding peace with each other and as parents to Maddie. It almost seems like the easy, lazy way out to continue keeping them apart. The real story is seeing them try and make it together.
THIS! Everything else is just so predictable and been done before.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Extreme Fan

In my own little fantasy world, the writers have been jacking with us all season and now Callie will rescue us in the finale with a Deacon/Rayna reunion.

I did say fantasy, right? smh
piratewench78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread