Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

Dawson/Joey #17: He's that safe place she goes to when her world crumbles.

Welcome to a new thread celebrating the love of Dawson Leery/Josephine Potter. I took the liberty of opening a new thread as we've gone a few days without one now. Here are some D/Jo scenes that go with the title

*Cut to Leery backyard, facing the creek. Joey is sitting in a chair, looking down at the ground, when Dawson come out of the house.*

Dawson: Hey........ I can't wait to see the look on my moms face when I tell her what happened in the living room.

*Joey wipes tears from under her eye.*

Dawson: Bessie's going to be OK, Joey. As frightening as Mrs. Ryan is in daily life, I think she is incredibly capable when it come to medical emergencies.

Joey: I know, Dawson... FYI. I'm not out here because I'm to worried about Bessie to stay inside. I mean, I'm worried but...

Dawson: What is it?

Joey: Its nothing...It's OK....It's stupid.

Dawson: No, It's not stupid, Joey. Look, I may not always agree with you but your reasons are never stupid.

Joey: All right. A question, Dawson. Who does Bessie remind you of?

Dawson: That's easy. Your mother.

Joey: There are times when the resemblance is merely a passing one, and then... there are others when... Bessie says or does something, and... it's like my Mom never died, You know... When she got sick, I mean, she had, she had chemo every month... It left her in this terrible pain, and I would come home and I would sit with her, and... she let out these cries that I'd never heard before and I prayed... to every available higher source. I would never hear them again from anyone or anything, and... somehow... somebody listened. 'Cause luckily, I never did. Ya know.

Dawson: Until today.

*Pause*

Joey: Yeah.

Dawson: Joey, When your mother was in all that pain, Why did you sit by her?

Joey: Come on, Dawson. Cause... she needed me. I mean... I mean, she didn't tell me that but I knew, I... I knew she really needed me.

Dawson: So, What makes you think that Bessie needs you any less?

__

*Joey crawls through the window. Dawson looks at her with confusion. She starts crying and walks over and lays her head on his chest and cries. Dawson kisses the top of her head and she continues to cry and then ending credits.*

__

(Joey walks in and takes off her black cardigan over a black dress. She walks to the pew Dawson's sitting in.)

Dawson: Hey!

(She sits down.)

Dawson: You made it.

(She just smiles)

Joey: Just hold my hand.
__

[Prom - upper deck. Joey is crying. Dawson walks up behind her and covers her shoulders with his coat.]

Joey: He humiliates me in a room full of people, and it's not even true. It's not who I am.

Dawson: I know.

Joey: I mean, I don't understand why he would say all that because that's not who I am.

Joey: I just want to go home. (she leans against Dawson and continues to cry.)

___

Joey: It's not it, okay? I was just waiting to see if he'd agree to do it in the first place before starting World War… where are we now? 15? And if you're upset that I asked him, Pacey, it's because it was the question. You know what, third grade. Dawson was there when I broke my left arm jumping off Peter Masik's backyard swing. He was there the night I came home early from Lake Emmingville because I was homesick. And he was there the day I had to wear that horrific training bra for the first time. And the day that my mom passed away… you know he was the first one to come through the door and he sat with me the whole day and he never once asked me how I was doing because he, unlike everyone else, he knew me well enough to know that there weren't words to describe how I was feeling.

___

*Cut to Dawson opening his door to find Joey outside. They silently grab one another in a deep heart felt hug, and never release one another.*

Last edited by jhlover; 03-12-2007 at 12:41 PM
Old 03-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

New thread thanks for starting it Vanessa!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for opening the thread!

You might want to change the opener since the title is different.

Here are some scenes where Joey goes to Dawson for confort or he comes to her:

*Cut to Leery backyard, facing the creek. Joey is sitting in a chair, looking down at the ground, when Dawson come out of the house.*

Dawson: Hey........ I can't wait to see the look on my moms face when I tell her what happened in the living room.

*Joey wipes tears from under her eye.*

Dawson: Bessie's going to be OK, Joey. As frightening as Mrs. Ryan is in daily life, I think she is incredibly capable when it come to medical emergencies.

Joey: I know, Dawson... FYI. I'm not out here because I'm to worried about Bessie to stay inside. I mean, I'm worried but...

Dawson: What is it?

Joey: Its nothing...It's OK....It's stupid.

Dawson: No, It's not stupid, Joey. Look, I may not always agree with you but your reasons are never stupid.

Joey: All right. A question, Dawson. Who does Bessie remind you of?

Dawson: That's easy. Your mother.

Joey: There are times when the resemblance is merely a passing one, and then... there are others when... Bessie says or does something, and... it's like my Mom never died, You know... When she got sick, I mean, she had, she had chemo every month... It left her in this terrible pain, and I would come home and I would sit with her, and... she let out these cries that I'd never heard before and I prayed... to every available higher source. I would never hear them again from anyone or anything, and... somehow... somebody listened. 'Cause luckily, I never did. Ya know.

Dawson: Until today.

*Pause*

Joey: Yeah.

Dawson: Joey, When your mother was in all that pain, Why did you sit by her?

Joey: Come on, Dawson. Cause... she needed me. I mean... I mean, she didn't tell me that but I knew, I... I knew she really needed me.

Dawson: So, What makes you think that Bessie needs you any less?

__

*Joey crawls through the window. Dawson looks at her with confusion. She starts crying and walks over and lays her head on his chest and cries. Dawson kisses the top of her head and she continues to cry and then ending credits.*

__

(Joey walks in and takes off her black cardigan over a black dress. She walks to the pew Dawson's sitting in.)

Dawson: Hey!

(She sits down.)

Dawson: You made it.

(She just smiles)

Joey: Just hold my hand.
__

[Prom - upper deck. Joey is crying. Dawson walks up behind her and covers her shoulders with his coat.]

Joey: He humiliates me in a room full of people, and it's not even true. It's not who I am.

Joey: I mean, I don't understand why he would say all that because that's not who I am.

Joey: I just want to go home. (she leans against Dawson and continues to cry.)

___

Joey: It's not it, okay? I was just waiting to see if he'd agree to do it in the first place before starting World War… where are we now? 15? And if you're upset that I asked him, Pacey, it's because it was the question. You know what, third grade. Dawson was there when I broke my left arm jumping off Peter Masik's backyard swing. He was there the night I came home early from Lake Emmingville because I was homesick. And he was there the day I had to wear that horrific training bra for the first time. And the day that my mom passed away… you know he was the first one to come through the door and he sat with me the whole day and he never once asked me how I was doing because he, unlike everyone else, he knew me well enough to know that there weren't words to describe how I was feeling.

___

*Cut to Dawson opening his door to find Joey outside. They silently grab one another in a deep heart felt hug, and never release one another.*

Old 03-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening Vanessa, and Brit - Oh, I loved those moments. Particularly in the finale because it showed they still were...Dawson and Joey.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-12-2007, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the opening post and title!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb D (View Post)
Oh, I loved those moments. Particularly in the finale because it showed they still were...Dawson and Joey.
Exactly.

Bea posted this over at the DJ thread at the DC board:

I had totally forgotten about it.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

I edited the opening post
Old 03-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awwwwwwww, little DJ!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

I love little DJ!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They picked good actors to portray young DJ.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

I made some icons of "Hurrican":

Old 03-13-2007, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Awwwwww, those are great. I loved when they became kids again at the end.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Vanessa, thanks for the new thread. Love the title and so very true.

Brit, love the icons. Snagged a few! And thanks for that pic, I had forgotten about it too.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved that pic...whoever drew that was amazing!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread